Page 784 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2846847347747827837847857867948348841284 ... LastLast
Results 23,491 to 23,520 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

When my dh is home even 1/2 the day like he was yesterday, I expect him to clean. I don't feel guilty either, but I'm kinda not feeling all lovey-dovey toward him lately anyway so that may play a part in it

Tomorrow night I have to drive 40 miles away from my house to try and locate a toy store as the one that was closer to me was totally ruined in the flood. The Walmart, Kmart & such near me have absolutely nothing for Conner as a birthday gift.

Saturday we're having Jesi & Conner's mutual birthday celebration for friends and extended family at the local bowling alley. Friday night or Saturday morning I have to locate a cake. Conner is going to be disappointed it won't be dinosaurs. I tried to get him one, but they didn't have any at the one store that is still able to make cakes near me. This flood has really caused havoc-and have I mentioned it's been raining hard for 2 days and we've had flood warnings/watches since late last night? It has made me very anxious.

Mom & I will have do to our weekly shopping on Sunday. Then Monday it's back to work and I'm not sure how good of a cleaning my house is going to get. No matter what, with all of us cramped in this space, it always looks like a disaster. Ugh.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

What a mess!

I injured my knee at work a couple of days ago, and it still hurts every time I move the joint. I'm afraid I may have slightly dislocated my kneecap because it doesn't feel "right" when I move it. When I'm still, it doesn't hurt.

I put in a work-related injury report, but I haven't been to the doctor yet. I was going to go today but - confession - I'm too lazy. So I'm sitting here favoring my knee and putting it off until tomorrow.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Get to the dr Mandy! You know walking on it can potentially make the injury worse!

and in continuation of my pity party....I'll be alone at work on Monday and Mondays are hell. Boo.

I know it can ... but I promise to sit on my butt all evening and tomorrow is a writing day so I won't be chasing kids around! I'll go tomorrow!

And I hate being alone at work. Except that I actually manage to get work done most of the time when I'm alone...

You better go tomorrow!

The way it's been at our office lately, it will be too easy for me to get quickly overwhelmed. There's been more than enough work to keep the two of us hopping, and people aren't being considerate even though they've been told we're swamped right now. Heck, they'll call and not leave a voice mail, but instead come up and pound on our door. And it's not over important things either. The other day one of the front desk ladies actually called my boss on his personal cell phone after he'd left for the day because she'd accidentally changed the view on her Outlook and didn't know how to fix it. I was busy troubleshooting an older printer (trying to make it work on Win 7 64-bit) and it was late in the day. I wanted to get that done so I ignored the phone...so that woman called John! I mean...come ON people!

Our personal cell phones are only supposed to be used if they have an entire office lose network connectivity or if their are flames shooting from their computers or something. Not for bs like that.

Mandy, I hope you are going to the doctor today and that your knee feels better!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I suck at housekeeping. I really really try but I just suck. I have no organization.
    Dbf had the nerve to act annoyed cleaning up the house this morning when I came upstairs to grab the milk and made some comment about how now that his mom is gone the house is going to be a wreck again. I told him he is welcome to pack his bags and go live with him mom.
    He makes me want to tell him off. I just deplore when people complain about things they can do themselves. It is so annoying. He could maintain what his mom cleaned so that the house won't be a "wreck" (and I highly doubt it is a wreck BTW). You are such a saint Bridget. I would be going all crazy B that rhymes with witch if DH compared anything I did to his mother. He has never done that but has been a huge complainer in the past. I went all crazy B on him about that and his constant complaining and he stopped doing it. He went to giving out annoyed glares, which I laugh at LOL. As long as no one is complaining old crazy B Erin doesn't show up and he knows he is happier for it since I usually stop doing a chore that included something of his. DH complained about not having "clean draws" last month, which is the main reason why I stopped doing his laundry at that time. Sometimes he complains about my cooking but he always cleans that up. I stopped cooking portions for him before and would make sure that we all ate before he had a chance to so he wouldn't get anything. I figure he should be grateful for everything I do that he doesn't have to.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 09-30-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Well clearly I need to pull out my inner crazy B because I've had about enough of this.

Bridget. I wish I knew what to say. I admit, I get very upset with him (and I don't even know him) when I read some of the things he says to you and the kids.

I hate rude judge-y people.

I am not a good housekeeper. I don't mind mopping, cleaning the bathroom and wiping counters, etc. but I hate picking up clutter, putting away clean laundry, and putting away clean dishes. Reminds me that I need to sweep and mop the kitchen floor this morning.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

uh...

I like to clean. It gives me time to think. But I like to clean while listening to music and have no one else around, and solitude like that is hard to find. When I need time I usually ask DH to take Abbey to a Gymboree class on a saturday, then clean house. I also like to throw out, recycle, and donate while I clean. I always feel so much better after getting rid of "stuff" that piles up.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Oh, I hate hate hate cleaning the house. DH helps a lot; otherwise, we would have piles of things everywhere. I am not very good at organizing the paperwork type stuff, so he does all that. I do pretty good at keeping up with the dishes and cleaning the bathroom. Other than that, the kids toys do stay scattered through the house a lot! My MIL and SIL are both OCD about cleaning; their houses look like show houses, so when I compare myself to them, I feel slobbish, yet when I go to anyone else's house, I feel like I'm on par or even better at cleaning. So, I don't stress over the cleaning.

I am so vain, y'all. Whenever anyone proclaims that I don't look 30 and the mother of 2 children, I'm all happy inside like, 'yeah, I still got it.' LOL. (This is how most people react when they first meet me!) :S

In other news, I need to find a good thread to work this smiley into:

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    I am so vain, y'all. Whenever anyone proclaims that I don't look 30 and the mother of 2 children, I'm all happy inside like, 'yeah, I still got it.' LOL. (This is how most people react when they first meet me!) :S
    I'm like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    In other news, I need to find a good thread to work this smiley into:

I don't have a clue what that could be in reference to.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I don't have a clue what that could be in reference to.
    Me neither! Is it supposed to be random or am I ignorant of something?

Its from Princess Bride!!! Great movie!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

You all haven't seen the princess bride?!

I didn't recognize it either....and I have seen princess bride but it was probably 14-15 years ago maybe?

Man I LOVE when people think I'm younger than I am. and I like getting carded....I usually do unless I'm with the same cashier than has seen me a number of times before. Sign says they card under 30 and I'm 33. And I like seeing my classmates on FB that look WAY older than me (and shoot most of them are only 31-32 since I am a Sept baby and was always one of the oldest in my class LOL).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I've never seen the Princess Bride; I'll have to google it to read the synopsis!

Oh, just rent it/ netflix it! Such a fun movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    You all haven't seen the princess bride?!

I log on here to be shocked that some have not seen The Princess Bride!!!!

It is one of my FAVORITE movies and I make DH sit through it every time it comes on. Ky loves it as well.

Erin

I've often heard of the title but I always thought it was some girly movie with a title like that, but I just googled it and it seems quite interesting...I'll maybe try to watch it some time!

Okay, came on here to share Elle's new jokes. She has been cracking us up lately with her knock knock jokes.

Elle: Knock Knock?

Me: Who's there

Elle: Super hero girl

Me: Super hero girl who?

Elle: Super hero girl Meeeee!! Ellasyn!!!

I know, not that amusing but it cracks me up. All of her jokes end with herself. Our daycare provider says Elle has her cracking up all day because she makes up knew ones but they all end the same LOL. She is really silly.

Erin

I love it!

I've seen the Princess Bride! DH bought me the book, but I couldn't get into it.

Today's been a trying day. DH had the day off because they sprung some new time off rule on him that left him with two days left for the rest of the month which ends tomorrow...so he lost a day but anyway it was just frustrating...Josh doesn't listen and it bothers both of us to no end-we still can't figure out how anyone could not let behavior like that affect them.

I can't believe you guys have not seen the Princess Bride! That was such a big movie. Go watch it, right now!

One of my professors used a clip from it to demonstrate the idea of Theory of Mind. I was cracking up, but most of the students were younger than me and they hadn't seen the movie before so it wasn't so funny to them. Which made me sad at the same time.

Also funny was when another professor showed us A Fish Called Wanda during our Stuttering class. I really can't believe he did that.

Kate, I'm sorry you had a rough day.

Thanks. That was actually one of those posts I was going to just type out and delete (I do that a lot, do you guys?) but there it is.

Princess Bride was a great movie. My girlfriends and I used to quote lines from it constantly.

Kate, it is hard. By the end of many days I just have nothing left and I am so thankful for bedtime...and wine.

And yes I change my mind on posts sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Princess Bride was a great movie. My girlfriends and I used to quote lines from it constantly.
    Yeah, we did that, too.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I cannot believe some of you have not seen The Princess Bride.

Well, that's kind of the reaction I get from dh when I tell him I haven't seen The Godfather.

I had a really long post typed out in this thread during my lunch break at work, about husbands and relationships and cleaning and stuff, and then I deleted it before I got to add that I was probably the one person here who not only knew about fecal transplants, but I had sat through more than one lecture on the subject.

I remember feeling like I just wasn't sure if I was contributing anything useful to the discussion. But anyway, I'm sorry for everyone with an annoying or problematic relationship, and hugs to you. Oh, now I remember why I deleted it. I added that mine is doing so much better right now and it's amazing how different your outlook can be when you are happy with your partner and he's supportive and considerate. And then I deleted it because I didn't want to appear smug, but honestly I'm not feeling smug. I KNOW how miserable it is when your dh is another source of stress and not the person who should be your shelter and support.

L, I'm glad things are going better.

I've never dealt with fecal transplants, but I watched maggot therapy in action once during my hospital practicum. I had to leave the room, sit on the floor, and practice deep breathing for a few minutes to avoid passing out. There's a reason I prefer working in an educational setting over a medical setting.