Page 777 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2776777277677757767777787797878278771277 ... LastLast
Results 23,281 to 23,310 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Sounds like a glorious day Myles I'm glad the girl flaked...but I don't know if I'd try to hire her again. Unless, of course, she contacts you and something did happen. It's always possible. I was once rear-ended just hours before I was supposed to start a new job. First day and everything. Although, even then I was able to call in and let them know I wouldn't be able to make it...not sure what could happen where someone couldn't give a heads up nowadays.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Agreed, glad to see you posting again, Molly!

Myles, that's not cool that girl flaked on you; but it sounds like you had a good day any how.

We've had 2 nights where both boys have slept through! Ah, sleep, how I love thee. Well, we'll see how tomorrow's dropo-off at school goes. I'm starting back doing my volunteer work at the other elementary school, so the days are going to start flying by!

Is it bad that after my birthday (Aug 1) every year I start singing Christmas songs? I've not been too bad this year and it's nearly the end of September now and I've started singing a few around the house....I'll be digging out the Christmas CD's first week of October!!!! (Now that's a true confession for ya!)

Oh my! That is bad!!! I remember being very annoyed when they started in with the Christmas music at the store I worked at immediately after Halloween. I'm good with it the day after Thanksgiving though.

I do love Christmas though, and I even play the Christian Christmas songs...just because. They're like fairy-tale stories to me and all of Christmas is like magic.

I love Christmas music too, but DH hates it! Good thing he's never home to hear it. LOL

Sounds like your day was nice Myles, I hope your helper is okay though.

Today's our anniversary and last night we took Josh to my inlaws and DH and I went out to dinner and then we were bored and nothing sounded like fun. DH said "We're going bowling" and I was like, really? because I usually don't really like bowling. Turns out it's fun when they play music videos and you have a couple drinks beforehand. LOL

I'm glad you had a good time Kate!! It sounds like a great time.

One of my favorite memories growing up was hanging out at the bowling alley on Friday nights with my friends from school. During the weeks before Thanksgiving they always had 'turkey bowl' where they'd throw in blue pins. If it was the front/center pin and you got a strike, you won a free turkey. There were about 20 of us that bowled together and if that pin came up, we'd always have Steve go for it. He almost always got a strike. I miss him.

Welcome back, Molly!

I love Christmas music. When I used to sing in choirs we would always start the Christmas music at the beginning of fall semester so we'd be ready for Christmas concerts early in the season. In a way I miss spending all fall singing Christmas music, but it does really ramp up the Christmas anticipation early.

Glad you had fun, Kate.

Myles, I hope the girl is okay, too - but I'm glad you and Bodhi had a great morning. I'm jealous that you can just spend random mornings having breakfast at the beach. I really need to move.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

We're having such a beautiful morning here. It's about 77 degrees right now (supposed to be 96 later in the day) and I'm enjoying the cool. Have the door open right now because the a/c isn't running yet. I love that so much. Once it starts to cool off, I love being able to have the doors open all day.

I'm jealous...since our flood it's only been over 70 one or two days. Fall is officially here and we're all freezing.

This is really the most beautiful time of the year here. Or will be in a few weeks when it stops hitting over 95 every day.

I love 95 weather. It has to be at least 95 before I feel like it's warm enough to go swimming, and I love swimming. Needless to say, I don't get to do it much around here.

You really should live here, Chrissy!

I know...I need to live somewhere warm.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I know...I need to live somewhere warm.
    Me, too! I joke about living in Spain but we might just end up there one day because of my arthritis/tendonitis issues. Yesterday, I even thought I might be having heart issues and I'm pretty sure that was caused from tendonitis in my shoulder that was making my chest hurt.

I intend on living at least 1/2 time in Arizona when I retire. I doubt I'll relocate before then. I'm very attached to my family, particularly my mother and brother.

I know we will end up back in Hawaii, assuming we stay together. We are always looking at property on the Big Island. I'd love to have enough land to have a few animals and a garden to feed us. And you can't beat the weather in Hawaii. But i'm like you Chrissy, can't leave my dad and brother.

Oh, we wouldn't move now; we're way too close to Rich's parents. Besides his sister, we're the only family they have left. And they are our best friends. I can imagine that as they get older, we'll look after them more and more instead of the other way around.

It's too bad we couldn't all get our extended families to move to our dream locations with us. And afford it.

I know! SIL and I keep kidding to MIL and FIL that they should have a holiday home in Spain that we could all use....ah, we can dream...

I want to live somewhere warm too, but I know I'd feel guilty about moving away from my mom-she wants me to move closer! I'm only an hour away as it is.

I like the cooler weather, but we don't seem to get much of a fall or spring and I hate winter. Summer isn't too bad; I'd rather be hot than freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'd rather be hot than freezing.
    Me too. And I start feeling cold at 72.

I hate the hot weather. Actually I hate Florida humidity

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

My near daily vent about Richard...He worked this Saturday which is fine, but it doesn't leave him a lot of time to help around the house. And remember-we have a house that needs a lot of work. I did the shopping and stuff after he got home and he played with Conner outside while I shopped. I put all the groceries away and made dinner. I'm not sure what Rich did...I guess he hung out in the garage with my brother.

Today he took the kids to his mother's like he does every Sunday. We had agreed that today was going to be 'major housecleaning day' but he decided to go help his stepdad move someone's stuff. Ok, fine. Whatever. After a few hours he gets back and he has a Sony stereo system that they gave him for helping out. He spent the next 4-5 hours playing with that in the basement, blasting it on and off loud enough to drown out the tv upstairs.

At 6 I was supposed to drive to Candor to pick Bobbie up (15 miles away). I asked Rich to make dinner. Since it was late and he was tired, he decided to just boil hot dogs for the kids. When I got back he was sleeping on the couch (still is), the hotdogs were still boiling and all swollen and overcooked.

He helped me not at all around the house. The kids are fighting, he's sleeping, and I'm just bitter, angry, and would love to wake him up with a huge slap on his face. I won't do that, but...It's absolutely clear to me that I can't continue in this relationship.

I'm so sorry, Chrissy. I'd be livid, especially about the hot dogs.

I'm more livid about him not helping me around the house. I got spoiled when he did it all the time, then with his drinking it got less and less, till it was nonexistent. He wasn't drinking, but he didn't start helping around the house or doing things again either. The way he's been acting this afternoon/evening, I suspect he's been drinking. Or, he's just being a complete jerk. He literally laid on the couch dozing while I tried to put two loads of laundry away and Conner kept bugging me to help him learn a new dinosaur game. When I told Conner to get his dad to help him because daddy wasn't doing anything, I heard Rich snap at him that he wasn't doing it, too bad! I'm beyond angry.

That would piss me right off Chrissy! At least it solidifies that you are making the right decision, right?
    Dbf had quite a few drinks today too and so of course he is in this awesome mood with a great buzz. I said to him, "You better slow your role right about now because you watch, in 45 minutes or so, you're going to start acting like a jerk."
    Like clockwork. He starts telling me how we never have sex because I use Sawyer as an "excuse".
    Right because after I get him to sleep and come out to hang out with dbf and he starts crying right away it's because I whispered in his ear before I left, "Don't sleep long or I will have to have sex."
    So, yeah, fight ensued.

Ugh Bridget. How can he think that sort of talk would put you in the mood anyway?

Chrissy I am sorry! That had to of been really frustrating and unneccesary stress added to you

Bridget, thats just not right

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

That is exactly what I said Chrissy!

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I hate the hot weather. Actually I hate Florida humidity

ITA with this! I hate TX weather. I know we'll end up back in Colorado, I miss the sunny cold days there so much. But our family is there too, so we have twice the reason to want to move back.

Chrissy, I would be so angry about him telling Connor he wouldn't play with him beyond anything else. I hate it when parents reject their kids when they ask for just a little attention.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010