Page 762 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2626627127527607617627637647728128621262 ... LastLast
Results 22,831 to 22,860 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I also hope you will have your baby Jennifer!!

And I forgot to welcome you Briana!! Welcome! I remember seeing you here as well before. I always liked your DDs name, very classic and not heard as often anymore. Stay safe in the hurricane.

Oddly enough, I enjoy when hurricanes come by Atlanta, we actually don't get the hurricane of course, which is probably why I enjoy them. They really make us have wonderful weather, not baking hot and the humidity goes away. I remember when Hurricane Katrina came and all those other hurricanes that year, it was a great summer for us weather wise.

And Myles I also wouldn't worry about comparing on swings. I also do comparisons. I was playing basketball with Ky once at the park trying to teach him to shoot correctly but he wasn't getting it. A little boy asked if he could play too so I let him shoot our ball and he was like mini-Michael Jordan so I told Ky to watch how he shot since they were around the same size and maybe he could pick up some pointers. The boy even showed Ky how to hold his hands and everything and by the time we left Ky could shoot very well and had made a new friend. We still see him at the park when we go sometimes and they play together.

And I understand what you feel Ash with the money situation. We were there as well a few years ago. We had enough but it was VERY tight. I kind of feel bad right now because we are planning a Disney trip for Ky's birthday in February and I invited my aunt to go. At first she was like "heck yeah" but she called me and told me that she wouldn't be able to do it so close after Christmas. She even asked me (which I thought was rather strange) if we could go in August for Ky's half birthday so she and her sons could come and I told her no that I had promised Ky that we were going to go for his birthday, not his half birthday. I also think she had ulterior motives in that request since August is her youngest son's birthday. But I still feel bad that she cannot come and wish that she could and I know she is upset about it because she is not used to not having the money to do what she wants to do. She lost her job a couple years ago and even though she got another one, it is not as much as she was making before.

Erin

L, you're right. I'm tetchy and hypercritical of myself today. I think I'm back to having PMDD. kind of regret not talking to my Gyn since I had an appreciate today, but I don't want to take mess for it anyway.

Ash - just hugs. Completely understandable.

Jennifer there is no doubt in my mind that once you are listed you will get picked very quickly.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Awww you guys are so sweet. I think that I overthink it way too much. Sometimes I'm like, well we won't get picked because I'm not thin. but than I think if it was me looking for parents, I would never pick a family that is all thin and really athletic....my kid would never fit in with a family like that. We were told that you just never know what will spark the match....but it seems to work with everyone feeling like they got the right kid or the right parents for the kid.

so I just wait....and will probably drive you all a bit crazy sometimes!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Lydia, that is a hilarious story about C and your dh glowering.
    Jennifer, I think you are antsy at work because your going into nesting mode to prepare for your baby! I am very sxcited for you.
    Kate, that's so mature of Josh! Mr, I'll just have a salad.

Haha yeah...I have to admit I said "are you sure?" so they wouldn't think I was being mean and not letting him have any pizza. XD

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    L, you're right. I'm tetchy and hypercritical of myself today. I think I'm back to having PMDD. kind of regret not talking to my Gyn since I had an appreciate today, but I don't want to take mess for it anyway.

Ash - just hugs. Completely understandable.
    "Appointment", not appreciate! Fargin' autocorrect!

Jennifer, it must be so crazy when it doesn't feel real yet. But one day it will be, and I am going to be so crazy psyched for you, you'll be able to hear me from all the way in California.

P.S. The only salad I think Bodhi would eat is made out of play-dough. LOL.

that made my night!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Haha yeah, he kind of picked at the lettuce, but just the fact that he passed up pizza was surprising to me.

Jennifer, I have no doubt someone will pick you and I hope it will be very soon. I bet you are nesting a little - you should be.

I saw my friend after work today, which was really nice. She's the friend who was really there for me while DH was deployed and had me over to her house all the time to play with her kids and we haven't seen each other in a while. It was good to catch up. She is making some big decisions with her kids, like whether to start her son in kinder next school year or wait a year, and whether or not to have her daughter evaluated at school because she has some behavioral issues that concern her. My friend is a school psychologist and every day she makes recommendations to other parents about things like having their child evaluated or what would be the most appropriate place for their child to benefit from school - but she's having trouble making those exact decisions for her own kids! She admitted that exactly and said how much easier it was to make those decisions for other people than it is for your own kids. Made me think a lot how different it is to be on the outside vs. the inside in terms of parenting.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I totally agree..it's so easy to pass judgement and advise other people on their kids but when it comes to your own it's completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    She admitted that exactly and said how much easier it was to make those decisions for other people than it is for your own kids. Made me think a lot how different it is to be on the outside vs. the inside in terms of parenting.
    It's true. When I was taking the psychology classes they said it's because when it's our own family we're too biased to see things clearly. No one is immune to biases with their own kids.

I also went to the lab this morning to get my blood drawn for the lab work my doctor ordered. They drew four vials of blood! And then I had to go to work and evaluate this little guy who was pretty complex. Between me being lightheaded from blood loss and G dealing with her chemo meds we were a pretty sad pair. Another coworker who has been observing G to learn the ropes offered to help us out and I let her play with the kid while I took notes. She was such a great help. At one point I was trying to get him to respond when I played peek-a-boo and she was blowing bubbles over my head to try to get him to notice what I was doing! I have great coworkers and I love her for that. I got through but had a huge headache and thought I might pass out for a bit but got past it.

While I was waiting in the lab the door opened and a guy entered with two chest high, empty biohazard containers. He went in one door and apparently filled the bins, then came back out through the other door (which was clearly marked "employees only" and a mother of 6 kids was allowing her 2 year old to play with the door knob), almost ran over the 2 year old with the now full biohazard bins, and out the main entrance. Something about that seems very wrong to me. They shouldn't be carrying medical waste through a lobby filled with patients, should they?
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I really don't know Mandy. I can't remember any rules about that when I worked in the dr's office. I don't remember the biohazard stuff being cleaned when the office was open though so I'm no help. They took care of that after hours.

Ew, Mandy. That does not sound right. Isn't there a back door?

We are having a garage sale this weekend. Dbf and I just came in from setting everything up in the driveway. We say and gazed out at a job well done when we were finished and then both wondered aloud if someone was going to rob us tonight. Maybe not so smart to set it up the night before but we had to. All of us have just been piling stuff in the garage and attic for months now to sell in the garage sale. There was SO MUCH organizing to do! It was kind of fun though. I love getting rid of stuff.

Hope your sale does well!

Good luck at the yard sale!! I hope you sell a lot of stuff.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Have a great yard sale! Do you have a special treat planned for your money?

Older DS spent the night last night at my mom's house. I told her to take some pictures of what they did and I would have her write a guest blog entry and she made a face, so then I told her to forget it and just take some pictures. Then in 3 hours I'll go pick them up with my two other kids and we'll go to the zoo, because baby DS has been getting really fascinated with animals lately. Our last camping trip had a petting zoo, and he could have spent his entire time there. Plus he thinks all medium-sized animals are called "Goat" now.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Ashley, I was just going back to find your post about your first world problems, and it's completely reasonable to feel that twinge about not going on a cruise and not having new cars and not have that extra cushion to buy whatever you feel like. Especially when it's people you know who are around you all the time with their new cars revving right in front of you. Still, you are doing something that is going to be to your long-term benefit for a little short-term discomfort (although a year seems like a long time, I know) and you are doing the right thing by realizing your own blessings while still acknowledging your normal feelings of jealousy.

Here are some recent first world problems I read to lighten your morning:
    -I can't make a sandwich because all I have left are 2 end pieces of bread
    -I'm worried people won't write "happy birthday" on my facebook wall if they lose power during the hurricane
    -I forgot I was watching a pre recorded program and sat through the commercials
    -"United States" is near the end of the alphabet, so I have to scroll all the way down to find it when I buy something online
    -My internet is so fast that when I accidentally click a wrong link, I don't have time to click the right one before it loads the page
    -i keep saying "first world problems" in real life and no one knows what i'm talking about
    -Whole Foods isn't within biking distance, so I have to drive there. This doesn't allow me to feel maximally pretentious.

I have been trying to decide about getting end tables back in our living room again, after so many years without them. We gave them to my sister when the twins started climbing, and I don't want to get those ones back because they're glass-topped and would be dangerous if a child jumped onto them. However, I think it's time to have more than a couch in our living room again. So I was talking to dh about what kind to get. I said I didn't want to end up with a total hodgepodge of mismatched furniture by not thinking it through, so I wanted to get something that would be sturdy but look nice with the color of our walls and the wood on our floors, and dh replied "First world problem!" I laughed and said, "Are you saying you don't care what kind I get?" But then I sent him a link to the one I liked and he didn't care for it, or any of the others, so now I'm back to the drawing board.

ugh-how frustrating!! I'm wanting end tables again too but I also plan on painting our living room in the next year so I've been holding off on that. I tried to get a cheapy one from Walmart just to put a cup on when I'm watching tv, but Conner confiscated it and uses it as a seat when he's on the PC in the dining room/Conner's playroom.

This house is far too small for us. I'm never going to make it a year +. Talk about first world problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Ew, Mandy. That does not sound right. Isn't there a back door?

We are having a garage sale this weekend. Dbf and I just came in from setting everything up in the driveway. We say and gazed out at a job well done when we were finished and then both wondered aloud if someone was going to rob us tonight. Maybe not so smart to set it up the night before but we had to. All of us have just been piling stuff in the garage and attic for months now to sell in the garage sale. There was SO MUCH organizing to do! It was kind of fun though. I love getting rid of stuff.
    Good luck with that! You couldn't have picked a nicer weekend weather wise for one. I always called them rummage sales but up by me everyone calls them a thrift sale and even weirder is the most popular day for them is Thursday!

Gwen I have seen people walking around in main areas with little hazard coolers and such at the hospital. Sometimes there are back ways we can take at work BUT often there is construction going on and sometimes those are blocked off or it could also be needing to take the quickest route (like maybe in a transplant case).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

So my first world problem....started looking at car seats and am concerned that a convertible might not fit rear facing in my cars. I have a PT Cruiser and a Dodge Caliber...both smaller cars. I cannot stick it in the middle because when we travel, we have the dog with us and she has to have room in the back seat.
    Both are paid off and have low mileage so not really wanting to get a bigger car right now.

I think that I will just get an infant seat that goes to 30 lbs and just an extra base so I don't have to deal with it for a while!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I had convertible car seats in small cars before and never had a problem with them fitting. I'm very tall too and usually have my seat back almost as far as it will go, maybe 1 or 2 clicks forward of all the way back.

L, your post made me smile! Thank you for sharing some of your first world problems with me. DH and I have both been talking about it today and we decided that when the rest of the family goes away on the cruise, we will either do day trips during that time or we'll go somewhere in the UK like Ireland or Scotland that we've not been to yet that won't cost us a bomb. I'm pretty sure the MIL and FIL might offer to pay for us to go because MIL likes for us to all be together during vacation trips, but we've said we don't want to borrow any money from them, so we'll tell them no. I guess what kind of bothers me most is how SIL treats my in-laws (her parents). She didn't ask them if they wanted to go on this cruise; they're just expected to go as SIL has said many times before "We wouldn't ever go on holiday if my mum and dad weren't there since we have 3 kids now." (Every time we've been to Spain with them before, my MIL and FIL race after their kids while the BIL just sits back and sun bathes!) Any how. I'll stop banging on about them now. I'm getting sick of hearing myself talk about it now! lol

Myles, DH and I were talking about some friends of ours last night and I brought in to the conversation that article that you posted on your FB about thinking you know more about people than they know about you and we talked for nearly 2 hours about the subject; it was really cool to actually share something I'd learned and applied to our real life.

I don't think a convertible would be a problem Jennifer. You could always get one and if it doesn't work just take it back

Hi everyone-

Power and cAble just came back on finally! In past storms it has been four or five days, so definitely no complaints here.

The storm was dramatic, but in think rather mild. I have a killer migraine due to the low pressure though. Off to read what I missed! Just wanted y"all to know I am alive!
    Helen is 6 and just started First Grade!
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Glad to see you made it through ok. Hope your migraine gets better. I get those low-pressure migraines too and they are the worst.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Glad you're back!!

We had an exhausting day. I did my normal shopping but my 12 year old niece kept texting me wanting me to respond to her. Apparently she had messaged Syd this morning and Syd said she couldn't talk as she was busy. Niece found this offensive and tried all ways to get Syd in trouble for it. I finally got to a computer and told her I didn't want to be involved, just let Syd alone for a while and she blasted my inbox nonstop till I blocked her. I'm so annoyed. Then she texted Rich and Bobbie and Rich finally called her dad then went over to his mother's (where she was) and yelled at her.

Rich & I got into it. He says I'm just looking for an 'out'. My point of view is that I wasn't looking for one but he's been giving me it for 2 years now and I'm just done. He cannot stay on topic-everything is always someone else's fault. I can't handle it.

I also took the kids to the park then went to my sil's house (Rich's sister). I told her what's going on and while she's empathetic, she did have it worse for 12 years and Rich is her brother so I'm sure she thinks I'm sniffing glue. She'd give her arm to have someone, anyone. Ugh.

Oh, and Conner acted up and fought me. He leaned forward in the car and pulled the strap of my tank top while screaming at me. I really don't know how to deal with that when we're in the car. When we got home I made him sit in time out but I needed Rich to make him stay. It makes me wonder how the heck I'd cope on my own.

I'm sitting here waiting for the weekend to end.

Glad you made it through OK!!

Oh Chrissy I am so sorry you are under so much stress. You are one strong mama that is for sure I know how hard it is to deal with someone who won't take responsibility for anything My father is that way, there is an excuse for everything-none of which include him in the blame
    Oh I threw a glass at your head, wait that was because you were snippy. Oh that liquor in my "lunch box" when I was "supposed" to be at work, you shouldn't be looking. You told your mother I was smoking behind her back, your just a nosey little b*tch. I threatened your life, you pushed me to it OK sorry for my tangent. It's something I'm annoyingly passionate about. I HATE when people can not own up to their actions-it pi$$es me off "just" a little