Page 752 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2526527027427507517527537547628028521252 ... LastLast
Results 22,531 to 22,560 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    But Chrissy, I also know that you have had WAAAAY more than your share of changes this year so if you don't take the job that is totally understandable too. If you want to be comfortable and in control of at least that part of your life I can see that being a wise decision as well.

Gosh, I'm not helping at all.
    That's the part that's also freaking me out a little. "They" say that more than 1 dramatic change a year is often too much and can trigger all kinds of things like anxiety, depression, and I don't know what all. Since I already realize I'm feeling depressed/anxious more than I have in years, I don't know if I'm 'mentally healthy' enough for a new job. It might be the one thing that makes me crack.

Now, I don't know what cracking would entail for me. Going nuts like my mom? Being explosive like my dad? Just crying all the time? Maybe none of the above but it's definitely something I'm seriously trying to consider.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I think the job could be a good change, even if it is a major one. You've definitely gone through a lot of major changes lately. I hope the job is a positive one that kind of helps balance the stress of the other ones.

Any change is stressful though, even good change. I'm not sure the good would counterbalance all the negative. I really just don't know.

But it's going to happen if where I am can't compete with the salary. I'm not walking away from that.

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh I didn't actually mean it stands for in essence, that's just how I remember it ;) Nice to see you Cass
    That's really smart!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Did you see that they recently changed the comma rules. So instead of saying I went to the store, the movies, and the vet you can now say I went to the store, the movies and the vet.
    I've always done this. I didn't realize it was a new rule.

Sorry I only pop in every once in a while. I do love you guys but I feel like I'm barely online these days and I only have enough time to ban spammers, respond to 1-3 posts and sometimes make a post of my own and then someone needs me here and off I go again.

I somehow missed it when you said it, Jennifer, about that comma rule. I don't like that.

No worries Cass, we miss you but know you're busy! Hope everyone is well!

Do not change my commas! I love my commas!

Chrissy, that's great about the job. For me, positive change to a job that removed some of my life stress during deployment made a big difference for the better. Although honestly I still think I cracked while he was gone.

As for DH, I just don't know about getting along. He tends to only get along with other military guys with a similar background (certainly not all military guys, in fact if it isn't someone with the same background he tends to dislike them). Although if he can find some common ground he gets along great. He loves my brother who is a very "metrosexual," starving artist type photographer. Their common ground is interest in food. They're facebook friends and it cracks me up because they really couldn't be more different from one another but I think they really respect one another. He also loves my BIL and he has friends who are into martial arts but beyond that he doesn't get along with many people at all. He is extremely shy, but if he makes up his mind to be nice he can be a total charmer. He rarely likes people, though, to be honest, although he's more willing to tolerate women than men as a general rule.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Any change is stressful though, even good change. I'm not sure the good would counterbalance all the negative. I really just don't know.

But it's going to happen if where I am can't compete with the salary. I'm not walking away from that.
    Remember how much fun you had at the lunch....I would say that having coworkers that you can actually like is MAJOR in helping relieve stress. That would be a big pro.

and the money is huge. I know that has been a source of stress and so taking the job would help relieve that stress.

And while it is a job change, it's not a complete change at least. Still in the same field and still with the same employer. so that there will be some familiarity there.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

OMG he's going to drive me crazy with worrying about his tree. Couldn't sleep much during the day and woke up with a major headache and feels nauseous. Sample is all ready to go to the extension horticulturist tomorrow morning. I don't know why he has to worry so much about things he cannot control....why not worry about it when we know what the problem is and what we can do about it or can't do about it.

He was so freaked about the tree he forgot Cosmo's ear medicine this morning.

I even called his mom and made her talk to him because he would take it a bit better from her on what to do (what I was ALREADY doing) just because she has a lot of experience with plants and gardening.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Remember how much fun you had at the lunch....I would say that having coworkers that you can actually like is MAJOR in helping relieve stress. That would be a big pro.

and the money is huge. I know that has been a source of stress and so taking the job would help relieve that stress.

And while it is a job change, it's not a complete change at least. Still in the same field and still with the same employer. so that there will be some familiarity there.
    Well the money issue isn't going to be a stressor any longer because I'm not paying for two households any more. After we moved out of the other place, we saved 1300-1400/month.

Cornell is very weird in that each 'department' is run like its own business. Not many people that I know at work even knows what CISER does. Some have never even heard of it. And I work for Arts & Sciences which really does a LOT of things very unique compared with the rest of the university.

I know I've vented/whined about work, but there are some good things too. One being, John knows exactly what's going on in my personal life, and especially in regards to Bobbie, and not only has he been very sympathetic and understanding, and he's said repeatedly that if I needed to go into negative with my vacation/sick time I could for her. We even talked about me going part time temporarily in the fall if things are just too much for me and I need a break.

Anyway, if I say no to the position it will be because Arts & Sciences agreed to meet the $4/hour raise so money won't be an issue at all.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 08-15-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Congrats on the job offer Chrissy!!! I actually do hope that your current dept will match what you were offered though since your (weirdo from how you describe him) boss is being so considerate of what is going on with you during this stressful time.

My DH would get along with any guy, he is a combination of nerdy, geeky, science-y, macho, sporty, foodie, outdoorsy, mechanical-y, just any thing you can think of. The only thing I worry about him doing is getting too drunk and embarrassing me and he is not that kind of drunk, he is really nice and sweet as pie and it is pretty sickening how sweet he is. He jokes around a lot though even when he isn't drinking and is pretty clueless about how he is affecting other people. For instance, every time we see someone we haven't seen in a while, he will comment about their weight. Usually he'll tell them that they have gained weight and not in that way he'll say "man you got fat!" LOL!!! It is funny but embarrassing all the same. He did this with a friend of mine when she was PG every-freaking-time we saw her. It was ridiculous. But she knows he is like that so would start off by saying "Hey K, how fat do you think I got since the last time you saw me!" Her DH is nutty like mine so she is understanding.

Oh, and I like my commas too. I have also known about that rule for a while, probably years, but I always use commas when listing items before an "and" anyway because I like it that way. I am like a grammar nazi when it comes to writing in a business or academic setting. I mark up papers so much at work my co-worker laughs about how I am writing hieroglyphics.

And Katy, I hope it went well with the person who had bed bugs. I read about it yesterday but didn't have time to post. I had to take a few courses on bed bug prevention and detection for my job. We have had about 20 cases of bed bugs in our buildings (the company I work for manages public housing for seniors). I would not have let them bring anything to my house if I were you. The bugs can jump on your clothes. They told us in training that if we are around residents with bedbugs to take off all our clothes in the garage, put them in a plastic bag, have someone throw you some clean clothes, get dressed, and place the plastic bagged clothes out in the heat (as here in the GA sun in a bag the bugs will be killed. I'm sure it would be the same in TX).

ETA: to check for the bugs look at your mattress. If you see any blood spots, tiny ones, then you probably have the bugs. You can also see them (the bugs). They are usually brown or reddish brown, if they are clear, they are female and just had babies.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 08-15-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Okay, now you're freaking me out about bedbugs!

Okay - thanks, Erin. They are now staying for their second night here, so it's too late to worry about it now. I did my best and so did she to avoid any contamination so all I can do is hope that we don't get them.

When she came over, she handed me a Target bag filled with stuff and I took it directly to the outside dryer and threw it in. Turns out it was EVERYTHING she had including toiletries, books, etc. I ended up accidentally melting her deodorant.

Nothing I can do now but wait to see I guess. I hope that if I ever have something difficult like that happen to me that someone will be kind and help me out too. If something bad happens then something bad happens and I will just deal with it then.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Just wanted to share with everyone that I bought an egg from Katy for a birthday gift for my mom. She was gracious enough to make it custom for me and it's gorgeous! Yay! So excited to give it to her!

Ah I see. I had just recalled some tightness being there. It SUCKS when you have two places to pay for at once! Been there before when I had to move to take my job...course I couldn't get out of the lease for the old place.

Anyway, more money is always a good thing! It nothing else maybe you can get projects at the house done that much faster.

A new job is always hard....and i don't know if I have ever started a new one where i wasn't under stress to begin with...seems like my job changes have always come at times I was under the most stress. But after a short amount of time, you do settle it and the new job and the new people become familiar.

Though maybe they will come up with the money to keep you on.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Okay, now you're freaking me out about bedbugs!
    I already am! My BFF was all thinking that it was ok because they don't stay at "shady" places when they travel and they travel a lot. So of course librarian Jen came out and started sending her all sorts of links and PDF's....and now she is checking their hotel rooms.

I have only stayed in a hotel 2 times, maybe 3 since bedbugs exploded again. I basically tear apart the room before opening my bag or sitting on anything. I check the baseboards, try behind art on the walls, undo the bed and check that carefully and also look for any wallpaper that is loose.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

We were supposed to go to FL for this end-of-deployment thing for DH. The pre-deployment gathering was in one of the Disney hotels and I was really excited to get another chance to go back there on the NG's dime. The second one was in a much lower, non-disney place and when I googled the name of the hotel, the name of the hotel plus bedbugs came up in the search engine. I was so creeped out by that I decided I really didn't want to go!
    Last edited by Gwenn; 08-15-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Just wanted to share with everyone that I bought an egg from Katy for a birthday gift for my mom. She was gracious enough to make it custom for me and it's gorgeous! Yay! So excited to give it to her!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I don't think couples have to be up each others butts the whole time for both of them to have fun.
    Okay, I'm back from a 14-hour trip to Monterey and back with the twins, and I had to quickly skim back three pages to catch up, and this was what I wanted to quote. You're right, Chrissy, some couples just aren't that into that.

Okay, excuse my little lapse of immaturity.

Like Cass, I've been spending most of my APA time jumping in, taking care of all of the spam, reading as much as I can in a few moments, posting maybe one or two things, and then having to go to bed or tend to a child or something. I miss you guys!

This comma rule, I don't think, is new, really, and I remember it specifically, because, I really like commas. Maybe before, it was optional, and now it's mandatory, to leave it out?

Jennifer, my dh is a really manly man and can fix things quite well, but he doesn't like sports and does like most of the other things your dh likes. He likes history and horticulture and is very well-read in a multitude of things. In fact, he was actually trying to program an app that would help him (and others like him) be able to communicate about local sports when he has to travel a lot for work and make small talk with other businessmen. He does not even know the most basic rules of football, like how to get a first down, or which of our local teams are football teams or baseball teams. I will occasionally tell him things of interest (although my knowledge is sparse, too), like about our local team being in line to win the World Series, and what needs to happen and what it means.

I'm getting all itchy just reading the bed bugs posts. I have actually stayed in some very buggy places in Asia, and never did bring anything home with me. Hopefully you'll be fine.

Chrissy, I don't have any good advice for you because smart women have been here before me, but congratulations on your job offer!

Monterrey was really cool. I had an unexpected day off work, so I kept my mom on the clock to watch Soren and took the twins down to Monterey to the Aquarium and to Dennis the Menace playground, which is super cool. I even took them out to a nice restaurant with a view of the bay. We left at 6:30 in the morning and I changed them into their pajamas before we left Monterey and they fell asleep in the car on the way back and I got back home at 8:30 PM. We had a lot of fun, and I kept thinking how difficult it would have been with the baby along.

Awesome! I bet it is beautiful!

Katy, I'm sure your good deed will be rewarded back to you in some way.

Cash is still in his getting up way early phase, so I'm just hanging out with him right now. Travis has gone to daycare today. Oh, while I remember, I'll share some stories that have happened lately.

At the weekend, DH was going back and forth from outside to inside the house with taking recycling and things out. Eventually, he came in and was in the kitchen. I thought to myself that Travis and Cash seemed really quiet, so I better check on them and I noticed that the front door was open. I looked and saw Travis but Cash wasn't with him. I looked in the bedroom and playroom and he wasn't there, so I ran out the door and as I looked to one side, I saw Cash crawling towards my MIL's house! I ran and grabbed him and brought him back in and chewed DH out for leaving the door open. He says he closed it, but he couldn't have.

I was telling my SIL about it later on and she said that something worse had happened to her a few days before. She said she put her middle child to bed and he was trying everything to stay up, so they eventually just shut the upstairs baby gate and went about their chores while he milled around upstairs. She said she could hear him sort of sing-songily saying "daddy daddy daddy" but he wasn't shouting, so she thought she'd leave him a bit. Then a few minutes later, someone was knocking hysterically on their front door. It was a woman who had been walking up the street and she said, "THERE'S A LITTLE BOY SHOUTING FOR HIS DADDY STANDING IN YOUR UPSTAIRS WINDOW!" He had found a step stool and put in under the window and climbed up and was standing in the window frame and the window had been open since it was a hot night that night. SIL said he was actually climbing down from the window back in to his room when she got up to him, but OMG, you just think of the "what-ifs" with things like that!

And my last story for the day and I'll be off to start my chores-On Friday, we all decided to go in to town together. All together, there is me and my 2 kids, My SIL and her 3 kids and my MIL and FIL. So, we were taking 3 cars in to town. My SIL only took herself and the baby. My MIL was supposed to take all 3 of the older boys, herself and my FIL; I was going to follow along with Cash. So, I saw my SIL drive away. And then my FIL had to move his small car so that my MIL could get the minivan out, so he pulled out and then she pulled away....but she didn't stop to let FIL in the mininvan. I pulled away and thought, "Is FIL not coming along today?" So, I looked in my rear-view mirror and I could see him standing on the curb, sort of scratching his head....I thought to myself, "Was he supposed to be riding along with me?" So, I did a loop and pulled on to their drive. He was like, "She's forgotten me!" LOL. My MIL had loaded the kids in to the car and left him! She didn't realize that he wasn't with her until she parked up in town and my SIL said, "where's Dad?" LOL. He said he'd never let her live it down.

Oh man my scalp crawled during that story about your SIL's son. How scary!

One time after I had sent Josh to his room I went up to get him and he had piled all kinds of clothes and pillows next to his tall dresser and put his step stool on top of all that. He was trying to climb up and reach his clock up there, or something. Yikes!

Katy that was nice of you to make an egg! Do you do custom orders often? I'd be interested in knowing how much you charge. Send me a PM when you get a chance?

Lydia, your post cracked me up. Dirty thoughts crossed my mind when I read Chrissy's quote too. Monterey sounds like a great time!

A friend of mine from highschool was playing with her young boys upstairs when the doorbell rang and as she was walking down to answer, she remembered in a panic that she left the window open with no screen so she ran up and her son had fallen. He suffered a pretty serious head injury but recovered and is okay now at 10 years old. I had nightmares about that.

Hilarious about your mil forgetting your fil! That sounds like something that would happen in my family!

Lydia, I love that you had such a good time with the twins. I thought about you all morning yesterday because I just had a 9 month old start in my daycare and while I was trying to soothe both her and Sawyer when they got tired I was giving you major props in the back of my mind. It was really HARD! But I know once I get to know her better and can read her cues, it will be easier for all of us.
    Just when things were going smoothly, Kai fell and busted his mouth on our wooden ramp that comes off the loft. His two bottom teeth were shoved way forward. *Shudder* So.Much.Blood.
    I had to call the baby's mom to pick her up early on her first day and take Kai to the ER and then to the dentist. They pulled the teeth and he did so so great. I saw a side of Kai I had never seen before. His bravery amazed me. We always say he'll be our baby forever because at 4 he is still very babyish about things. But I guess when it get's down to it, he's got it in him to get through the tough things. I'm so proud of him.
    Savana was also pretty amazing when it happened. I was tending to Kai and she totally kept the new baby girl entertained and then when we were leaving to go to the hospital she carried the diaper bag and grabbed my phone for me. My kids rock.

Chrissy! I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear if they give you a raise or you get a new job!

ETA: Kate, I had dbf screw (bolt?) all the dressers into the wall after my friend's daughter attempted to climb to the top one day. So scary.
    Last edited by Bridget; 08-16-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Mandy-um yeah, I wouldn't have gone to that hotel if bed bugs came up in the google search either! Good call!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    Okay, I'm back from a 14-hour trip to Monterey and back with the twins, and I had to quickly skim back three pages to catch up, and this was what I wanted to quote. You're right, Chrissy, some couples just aren't that into that.

Okay, excuse my little lapse of immaturity.
    Of course I totally didn't mean it like that, but it also applies! I think this comment is much funnier because it came from you.

Do we get to see pics?

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    And my last story for the day and I'll be off to start my chores-On Friday, we all decided to go in to town together. All together, there is me and my 2 kids, My SIL and her 3 kids and my MIL and FIL. So, we were taking 3 cars in to town. My SIL only took herself and the baby. My MIL was supposed to take all 3 of the older boys, herself and my FIL; I was going to follow along with Cash. So, I saw my SIL drive away. And then my FIL had to move his small car so that my MIL could get the minivan out, so he pulled out and then she pulled away....but she didn't stop to let FIL in the mininvan. I pulled away and thought, "Is FIL not coming along today?" So, I looked in my rear-view mirror and I could see him standing on the curb, sort of scratching his head....I thought to myself, "Was he supposed to be riding along with me?" So, I did a loop and pulled on to their drive. He was like, "She's forgotten me!" LOL. My MIL had loaded the kids in to the car and left him! She didn't realize that he wasn't with her until she parked up in town and my SIL said, "where's Dad?" LOL. He said he'd never let her live it down.
    The other stories freaked me out, but this is hysterical!!

Lydia, your post cracked me up. Dirty thoughts crossed my mind when I read Chrissy's quote too. Monterey sounds like a great time!
    As long as people were amused!

Nighttime is definitely worse for me. I gave myself a headache stressing about stuff. I really need to make time to see a dr and get something for anxiety because I can't live like this any more.

Oh Bridget-poor little Kai What a trooper!

The worst thing I can remember happening with Bobbie and Jessica when they were about 2 and 3 is I lost sight of them for a few minutes. When I called for them they didn't respond. I ran around like a madwoman and even got to where I was screaming in panic because there's a pond not too far from our house. It turns out they were between my van and car, which were parked close together, and hunkered down. My yelling scared them so they stayed quiet. I still can remember my terror that day--it was probably only 3 minutes or so but it felt like eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    A friend of mine from highschool was playing with her young boys upstairs when the doorbell rang and as she was walking down to answer, she remembered in a panic that she left the window open with no screen so she ran up and her son had fallen. He suffered a pretty serious head injury but recovered and is okay now at 10 years old. I had nightmares about that.

Hilarious about your mil forgetting your fil! That sounds like something that would happen in my family!

Lydia, I love that you had such a good time with the twins. I thought about you all morning yesterday because I just had a 9 month old start in my daycare and while I was trying to soothe both her and Sawyer when they got tired I was giving you major props in the back of my mind. It was really HARD! But I know once I get to know her better and can read her cues, it will be easier for all of us.
    Just when things were going smoothly, Kai fell and busted his mouth on our wooden ramp that comes off the loft. His two bottom teeth were shoved way forward. *Shudder* So.Much.Blood.
    I had to call the baby's mom to pick her up early on her first day and take Kai to the ER and then to the dentist. They pulled the teeth and he did so so great. I saw a side of Kai I had never seen before. His bravery amazed me. We always say he'll be our baby forever because at 4 he is still very babyish about things. But I guess when it get's down to it, he's got it in him to get through the tough things. I'm so proud of him.
    Savana was also pretty amazing when it happened. I was tending to Kai and she totally kept the new baby girl entertained and then when we were leaving to go to the hospital she carried the diaper bag and grabbed my phone for me. My kids rock.

Chrissy! I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear if they give you a raise or you get a new job!

ETA: Kate, I had dbf screw (bolt?) all the dressers into the wall after my friend's daughter attempted to climb to the top one day. So scary.

I think he was just trying to reach...I don't think he'd try to actually climb it because there's nothing to grab on to and he's really not a climber. But that was the day I decided no more time outs in his room. He sits on the floor downstairs instead. It was getting so almost every time I'd send him to his room, he'd tear it apart. Knock over books, pull the sheets off his bed, etc. It was a disaster!

I think he was just trying to reach...I don't think he'd try to actually climb it because there's nothing to grab on to and he's really not a climber. But that was the day I decided no more time outs in his room. He sits on the floor downstairs instead. It was getting so almost every time I'd send him to his room, he'd tear it apart. Knock over books, pull the sheets off his bed, etc. It was a disaster!
    Conner was doing a bit of that last night, right in front of us! He was really out of control and at one point Bobbie said, "He needs discipline!" Ah, to be 18 and know it all. Rich finally put him in time out in 'that voice' that let him know he wasn't kidding. I don't know what I would have done if it were me by myself with him because no matter how hard I try, if he's in a mood like that he doesn't listen to me at all.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

A long time ago, when the twins were climbing on everything and anything, even the two cute little kid chairs I'd bought them at a yard sale hoping they'd sit and have tea parties together, I bought latches for all of our windows so none of them will open more than four inches. It isn't great in the summer, but we crack our windows a teeny bit and then run the fans. And then we got rid of all of the furniture. They pretty much can't climb on anything anymore except the couch and the kitchen table. I'm so depressed about the way the house looks, and the way I can't have a drink of water next to me when I sit on the couch at night after the kids go to bed, that I'm actually thinking about going out and buying end tables again today. I talked to dh about it last night.

I think sometimes it helps to have massively adventurous and suicidal babies because they get your babyproofing done early. Then you don't have as many of those OMG moments later on, although of course you can't prevent them entirely. I know the feeling.

And Bridget! Poor Kai!!!!!! The few times I have had emergencies or calamities and ER visits with my children, especially when I was alone with all three of them, I have to say they all came through with shining (and bloody) colors too. It's amazing how badly they can behave when nothing is going on, but when it's really important they can show you how mature and capable and helpful they can be. And if it helps, I knocked out my two front teeth when I was two years old and was without them for at least four years (I heard that stupid "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" song for longer than I wanted to) and I was just fine. I wish I could dig out a picture for you.

I lost my two front teeth when I was 6 by walking too close to a swing and getting kicked right in the mouth. They didn't grow back in until I was 10 and then they grew in almost horizontal because I was always putting something in that space - my tongue, a pencil, etc. I still have crooked front teeth after years of braces. Not to scare you, sorry, but I did loose my teeth and they did grow back in. And yes, I got a LOT of "All I Want for Christmas." Mostly from my father who thought it was funny.

Ashy, that story about your SIL is so scary!

Poor Kai! I hope he's OK today; that must have been so frightening. I worry about what Travis is going to end up doing to himself because he is sooo clumsy. His latest injury was his ear. He slid on the wood floor in to an open door and his ear hit the corner of it and then it turned black and swole up in a lump as a big as a marble. It still is black and blue. :'(

I was worried about Josh's teeth a few months ago because he fell on the stairs and his two top front teeth turned grey. Since then they have gotten a little darker but not much and his dentist says all should be normal in there although they might fall out a little early.

Poor Kai!!! But good for him for being a brave boy!

Ky has had a few injuries, he was known (and still does on occasion) to walk into walls. I always joked with him that people were going to think I abused him because there aren't too many times someone can say their kid walked into a wall. Once he did it on Christmas at one of DH's cousin's house and got a lump on his forehead the size of a golf ball. His worse injury due to my negligence happened when he was about 3 or 4 and he was taking a bath, I had left one of those pink throw-away razors behind the shower curtain and had forgotten about it and in like 2 seconds he grabbed it from behind the curtain and put it on his face and cut himself under the eye. I was just shocked because it happened so quickly. I stopped using razors to shave my pits after that. You can kind of see the scar under his eye and to this day my DH brings it up when he wants to have some sort of amunition during arguments that we have about the children. But he let Elle "play" in the back of his pick up truck amidst bricks, rocks, tools (including saws and hammers and nails) and huge dead tree branches he had recently cut off our tree. She was wearing a cute kind of tube top like summer shirt and shorts and she fell and scraped up her whole body.

Ky used to tear up his room during timeouts as well. I took everything out of his room and nailed his windows shut so he couldn't get out and could go crazy to his heart's content. I even took his bed out because he would drag the mattress off the bed and try to destroy the frame and such.

Oh and bed bugs always give me the creeps. I had to go to a seminar where they passed some around in a jar for us to see. It was disgusting. I really hate bugs. I would NEVER stay anywhere that had a report of bed bugs. And really it doesn't matter if it is a cheap or expensive hotel, they can be anywhere. There were cases here in Atlanta a major, expensive hotels downtown.

My sister is thinking of coming to Atlanta in a couple weeks for Black Pride Week, which is around Labor Day, Dragon Con is also around the same time so I am betting we can catch some interesting parades. She keeps asking me if I know any lady's who need a stud LOL! I hope she comes as I haven't seen her in a while, about 3 years actually.

Erin