Page 727 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2276276777177257267277287297377778271227 ... LastLast
Results 21,781 to 21,810 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I tested last night actually and it was negative, but it wasn't with FMU so I can always ignore the result in my brain. Test or no test, I'm still late. I actually have an appointment tomorrow with the gynecologist so I think I'll try to talk her into a blood test and skip the pee test until then.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Hey Erin...(Ky's mom)...since you probably check here more than anywhere else..how long do I soak the chicken in buttermilk for that recipe you mentioned in the Zaxby's thread?

If its not FMU it doesn't count!! Hopefully they will give you a blood test! Got everything crossed for ya

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Fingers crossed for you Mandy

Thanks!

Double post

Oh, Mandy, I'm totally hoping for you too.

Will someone please explain what a hashtag is to me? I have somehow managed all this time to avoid anything beginning with "Tw--" and ending in "ter".

Chrissy, I hope yesterday was just an episode of being overwhelmed. Change is overwhelming, and you have a mountain of change you didn't bring on yourself that's on your plate. Hope this hug tides you over a little bit.

The new job isn't really that demanding, but I am annoyed with the way I've been on-boarded. I feel like my manager doesn't give me enough information and seems impatient to end our conversations whenever I talk to him. Maybe I just have to get used to him. He always tells me to get information from someone else when I want to know something. Also he'll ask me to do something, and I'll start doing it and realize I don't have the info I need. So then I'll ask him where to get it, and he'll be like: "you need to ask so-and-so". And I just want to shake him and say "Well, why didn't you tell me so?"

The sad part is that this type of incomplete information is so common to the consulting world. We're just supposed to go around in the dark figuring things out for ourselves. I guess it's sort of expected of us. But I wonder if it's the most efficient thing.

OK, back to the grind. I'm basically just reading code all day. Got my glasses on, and I feel smart.

Basically you can put anything you want after a hashtag (#) and twitter turns it into a kind of link where you can see how other people are using that hashtag.
    Like if I put "OMG Joey is so hot #ilovenkotb" then I could click on #ilovenkotb and see what other people who used that hashtag said

Your boss sounds totally annoying Myles! I hate getting the runaround when I want information.

I hate that more than anything. One of the things I love about my lead at work - if I ask her a question she will find out the answer for me, even if she doesn't know it. She's awesome.

I've managed to avoid this Twitter mess as well! I just didn't want to seem like a dumby and ask what a hashtag was
    Your boss sounds like an annoyance!

I don't do twitter, either, but I had my sister explain it to me because she was always talking about it and I had no idea what she was saying.

I feel better now that I'm not the only one

Sorry honestly I thought it was dumb before I joined up...but needless to say I don't think it's dumb anymore ;)

And I wouldn't get it either if I wasn't a part of it. Don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    I have somehow managed all this time to avoid anything beginning with "Tw--" and ending in "ter".
    Oh wait. That's not entirely true. I used to love this game as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Oh wait. That's not entirely true. I used to love this game as a kid.

*snort* I was wracking my brain trying to think of something to throw back at you. Good thinking!

Love it!

Myles...sorry that the boss is being like that. I have never really experienced that before. Course in my field, if a question is asked, we don't like to stop until a person is satisifed with the info.
    Grandma has COPD and is the hospital and MIL said she didn't really know much about it. So I have sent her 10 PDFS to read....over 100 pages at the consumer level and at the professional level. My family is almost afraid to ask me stuff because I will send out a whole bunch of links and PDFS to them. LOL I like to answer question.

I'm not on Twitter either and didn't know what a hashtag was. I like the internet and love FB but just don't totally get twitter....though I know many who do enjoy it.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

How annoying Myles. You need to at least know where to get the information from. It seems like your boss could say, "I need you to do ____. See Bonnie, she knows all about it."

I have a Twitter account but I don't really use it. I'm 'following' some of my favorite stars (Hugh Hefner, Tom Hanks, Michael Moore, etc) but I don't look every day. I don't even look every week. Steve Martin had me checking in regularly when he was on jury duty though...he's a trip!

Someone posted on Jesi's FB asking her to bring him a couple cigarettes to school tomorrow. We had a very brief argument about it and it ended with her saying sarcastically "whatever" and me saying "I'm not an idiot. I know you're lying to me." I don't even know what to do with her anymore. I hope this phase ends.

One this is for sure, I need to quit smoking sooner rather than later. Cut off her supply.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Those sound like fun stars to follow!

Speaking of jury duty I just got a summons for it today! It's not until October though.

Sorry Jesi's still being difficult that was pretty silly though to ask her on facebook!

I just finished up two weeks of jury service. I had to check in every night last week and this but court was slow. Only three trials were scheduled and two got canceled. So Monday was the only day for court and I didn't get selected. Had 36 people and only 12 needed.

Uggg on Jesi!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm to the point now where I've resigned myself that some sh!t is going to happen and there's not much I can do about it. I can take her phone away but then she gets huffy and slams crap around. That will get either Rich or I, or both of us, yelling and that's not good for everyone else in the house. She swears she's not smoking, nor stealing my cigarettes, but I told her given what she's been doing it's really hard to believe her. She can play the hurt victim, I don't care. I guess our disbelief is either further punishment for her lying to us about smoking pot months ago and skipping school/running away, etc, or it's founded because she IS lying. We've had talks previously about how important it is to be a believable person, but only she can do that.

Right now I'm so mad at Rich I can't even think straight. He just spent 4 or 5 hours over at our house. I thought he was fixing the toilet and drain to the bathtub. We just had a good go-round about this yesterday because I've been nagging him for over a week about it. He even teased me because he heard me vent to my boss about it (I thought my phone was disconnected). He wasn't mad at me for venting to him or anything, but apparently he doesn't get how important it is that the ONLY toilet and bathtub in that house need to work properly because he spent all that time welding the water pipes to the water heater. His brother can't wire the electric for it until this weekend. I'd already accepted the fact that we weren't going to have hot water for a couple days. WHY did he waste time on that????? WHY didn't he fix the toilet and bathtub??

Seriously. I don't know what he's thinking. I thought I was very clear last night about what needed to be done. I feel like I have to sit on top of him and point to what needs to be fixed the minute it needs fixing.

oops, double post. Stinkin inter-tubes.

I may as well add to my vent. We're loading a truck tomorrow morning and then unloading it that very afternoon. Into a house without a toilet. I'm married to an idiot.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 07-20-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Sorry Chrissy it seems so lame for me to keep saying "sorry" about the crap that's been unloaded on you. I wish I could help!

It helps to just be able to get it out. I find myself wondering if it's me, you know? Maybe I'm overreacting...but in this, I'm thinking a toilet should be everyones priority and I'm justified in being baffled and furious with him. I don't know where he thinks we're going to pee. Or maybe he thinks we'll unload the truck ourselves while he works on it. That pisses me off too. Just a little common sense Rich, please? Is it really too much to ask?

Ok I'm done. I can't witch about it forever.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I was in Wyoming since last Saturday but it's bedtime and I have work tomorrow so I don't know when I'll get caught up. I hope you all are well, and I missed you. I don't like saying anything publicly when I'm going to be gone because it seems irresponsible to be putting it out publicly when I'm leaving my house unattended, you know?

Glad to see you back, Lydia. Your new siggy pic is gorgeous!

I'm also one who doesn't understand Twitter. I have an account because I followed Conan when he went off air for awhile but I never used it after that. I might log on this weekend and see if I might have another go at it. What made me laugh about it was I never posted anything on it and yet I still had a follower, the Brazilian guy I worked with for a few monthrs at an old job!

Chrissy, sorry the moving has been so stressful! I hope it goes ok for you today.

Ugh. Y'all, Travis had such a whiney day yesterday. More than one person asked him if he'd got up on the wrong side of the bed. From the time he got up til he went to bed, he was demanding 'treats.' I told him there will be no treats until he can stop whining about it.

Where is Bridget? I haven't seen her posting recently.

I missed you Lydia!
    Sorry about Travis's whiny day We had a tough day yesterday too and then DH and I had a big fight at the end of it and he had to go to work early, Josh didn't wake up before he left and DH didn't come to say goodbye. And it's his birthday.
    Just...when I have struggles with Josh most of the day, I really don't want to argue about something stupid with DH, you know?

Lydia! How was the trip?

Ash. I hate days like that.

Kate, it's ironic I was saying something similar to Rich last night. It was more like he was a 5th child that I had to manipulate into behaving 'right' and that by this point I'd thought he'd just know how to act. Sometimes he can be as childish as Conner. It's exhausting feeling like you're the only 'parent' around.

The people that rented 'our' truck yesterday haven't returned it yet. We were scheduled to get it at 7:30 but now it's not going to be back till 11 and Rich can't get it til 11:30 (they have to check it out I guess). It's an hour away, so it won't even be here till 12:30. And it's going to be 99 with a heat index of 102 today.

Ok, I love the heat and any other day I'd be eating this up. But I am worried about going in and out of a hot truck, back and forth carrying boxes and furniture. I'm positive Rich and Tim are going to be cranky as all get out too.