Page 700 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2006006506906986997007017027107508001200 ... LastLast
Results 20,971 to 21,000 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Love it!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Since we're sharing funny stories-I was with my in-laws the other day at the grocery store just to pick up some veg and bread. Travis picked up a bag of veg that had broccoli, carrots and cauliflower in it and handed it to my MIL and said, "Veggies make my poo soft." LOL....my DH had been lecturing him about making good food choices a few days before!

LOL, that is hilarious!!!

Erin

OMG Ash and Erin I love your stories.
    Josh said something I thought was very observant yesterday. I don't know how we got to talking about it but he said "Sometimes when you and daddy talk you talk over each other, you shouldn't do that." I said well sometimes you do that too, when you're angry or you really want to say something." He said "Yeah but I'm a kid! You guys shouldn't copy me. You should act like grown ups." LOL

I can't wait til N is bigger, these stories have me rolling

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I love these stories!

Ky saying, "Or did we" really got me rolling.
    I just picked up these plasma cars off craigslist yesterday for $20 apiece. They are SO cool! We love them. Even I have taken a few rides!
    Story. Today Savana and Kai wanted to ride them. I had four other children here so I said I was going to set a timer and right away Savana started practically hyperventilating that it was new and special and she didn't want to share it. So I simply told her to put it away and she did. The children were begging her to let them use it but she wouldn't. So they were all taking turn on Kai's. One of the little girls is 8 and she said to me, "Aren't you going to make her share?" I said, no but that I trusted her and I knew that she would change her mind.
    Well, sure enough the children were sort of giving Savana the cold shoulder, if you will. Not being rude or mean at all but just not really engaging her. She came up to me and said she felt funny, like the kids were mad at her. I told her that I think she may have hurt their feelings because they were very excited to try the new toys. That they are her friends and that friends usually expect friends to share. She didn't go right away but after a few moments she went in and got her bike out and shared beautifully, even giving up her turn at the end so Kai could have one more turn before lunch since he started to pitch a fit.
    The 8 year old asked me how I knew that Savana would decide to share. I told her, "I trust her. I trust all of you." She got the biggest smile on her face it was so cute. And she couldn't get it off her mind because she asked me again later why didn't I make Savana share and I told her that if I had made her share she wouldn't have felt how good it feels, she would have only felt angry that I made her do it. She said, "I wonder if my mom knows about that?"
    Last edited by Bridget; 06-21-2011 at 05:52 PM.

That is so cute Bridget!
    You come up with the most innovative ways of dealing with things. You should write a book!

Awww, those are some GREAT and cute stories!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Aww, Bridget, that is so sweet.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Erin-that was hysterical!! I could just hear the conversation going as I as reading it and I was lmao!!! The end was the best, "...or did we?" bwahahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    ...She said, "I wonder if my mom knows about that?"
    omg-that's too funny!

---

I confess I came to this thread all pissed off. Immediately after work Rich, Sydney, Conner & I met at our house to do some work. Again, we didn't get accomplished everything we wanted to, but we did some. We have a game plan and I'm starting to feel good about where we're going.

I just got home after 8:30 pm and Bobbie and Jessica didn't do anything in the house even though I asked them to clean. Now, they're on summer vacation and they're 16 and 18 years old! I'm so bent I can't even think straight. And yet Bobbie sits on the computer and I'm tellin ya I wanna march right over there and yank the cord right out of the wall.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Chrissy, maybe you should. She needs to wake up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Chrissy, maybe you should. She needs to wake up a little.
    Yes this. I remember being in their teenage summer shoes....that was the ONE thing I had to do was get the stuff done mom wanted and not let her come home from work with a mess in the house. Mom is not one for empty threats and I think that I would have been an unhappy girl for sure if I didn't listen.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

well I did. I went and yanked the dsl box out and put it in my car. I said that they could have internet back after they picked up. In less than 20 minutes, everything was picked up. Good thing, or I wouldn't be posting now

We've had a good shouting match though. I'm being 'unreasonable' and she fully intends to sleep till 2 o'clock and there's nothing we can do about it.

College cannot come fast enough. College cannot come fast enough. College cannot come fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    We've had a good shouting match though. I'm being 'unreasonable' and she fully intends to sleep till 2 o'clock and there's nothing we can do about it.
    Maybe it is time for her to start paying rent.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Well she'd have to have a job before she could pay rent.

She has tried applying all over but hasn't even gotten so much as an interview yet.

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Maybe it is time for her to start paying rent.
    This. I can't believe the disrespect!
    My mom also expected us to clean the house every single day we were home during summer break. There was no question. I remember busting ass some days when mom was going to be home in 10 minutes!

I'm sorry Chrissy

We just watched the Slash South Park episode (I forget who was telling me about that)
    Definitely the best one of the season so far!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I remember busting ass some days when mom was going to be home in 10 minutes!
    OMG that was so totally us too. Except that my sister didn't want to help so I would yell at her and swear which I knew she hated....so she wouldn't talk to me and I would end up begging her to talk to me and be friends again....all in the few minutes before mom got home from work.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'm sorry Chrissy

We just watched the Slash South Park episode (I forget who was telling me about that)
    Definitely the best one of the season so far!
    That was me!

Glad you like it. I forgot about the main storyline and DH reminded me and I almost regretted mentioning it!

It was sad...but I had actually seen the commercial parody online and I wanted to see the whole episode. I was a huge Sarah McLachlan fan in her heyday.

I don't care if they do it all in 10 minutes, I just want it done. I texted them each with a couple things they have to do today and I said that 1-they have to do it before 5:30 (I won't be home till 6) and 2 don't fight with your sisters while cleaning and 3 if you do fight, do NOT call me about it.

I feel like I'm going to be grumpy all day because I'm going to have this on my mind...both dreading a phone call with them all screaming at each other that the other isn't doing what she's supposed to, or that I'll come home and none of it will be done and we'll have to have another big go-round tonight.

Oh-and I got so frazzled with the girls that I nearly forgot that we've noticed the front basement wall is bowing in on our house. I'm terrified we've gotten ourselves into a money pit.

The good news is the mortgage is less than $400/month, so if it needs more than we're willing/capable of soaking into it it won't bankrupt us to just pay for it and buy somewhere else to live. It would suck, but it could be worse. We're planning on meeting with contractors next spring and I'm going to see what they say about it and how much it will cost to fix. We really want to build an addition, but we'll have to see how much the whole thing would cost. If it's going to be too much, we're just going to sell it as is. Or try to.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I was a huge Sarah McLachlan fan in her heyday.

So was my sister.....we saw her in 1998 at Lilith Fair.

I swear it's a shame that you aren't in WI....you remind me so much of my sister with the concerts and being major fans. She would totally go to NKTB concerts...long as you went to Gaga ones with her.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Hi-yuh!!

I'm back from vacation now, and feel like a million buckaroos. I confess I'm intimidated by the thought of reading back on all the posts I missed, so I hope it's ok if I just jump in mid-stream here without doing all my homework.

I already posted about this on FB, but my great-aunt is fine afterall, and I am even more annoyed at my sister for making me hysterical for no good reason. I have no idea where she'd heard "hospice", but I guess I should have known my sister only adheres slightly to the truth in any situation.

Bridget, I am jealous of your plasma cars, though. There's this one kindergym nearby (closer to Lydia than me) that has a whole huge room full of those things where kids can ride them around and around. They look like so much fun, but Bodhi was always too little. I want to come over and play with you.

I was in Milwaukee for an hour yesterday at the airport. I waved at Bridget and Jennifer in my head as my plane took off.

chrissy, I hope you work something out with Bobbie. DH had to pay rent to his dad once he was 18. If he didn't have the money, he paid it off in chores. I'm considering a similar arrangement with my own kids when they get old enough.

LOL, at the mental waving! I thought I was weird for doing things like that!

I keep hearing how good the plasma cars are; I might have to order one. I bet Travis would love one. He's a proper little motorhead!

I just ate my supper and now I want something sweet; that's such a bad habit...I wonder how I can stop my body from craving sugar after I eat?

Welcome back Myles!

I also do mental waves whenever I go somewhere and I think about someone who lives close by. Sometimes I will even say "hi so-and-so" from an airport or something. I am going to Columbus OH next week for DH's family reunion. I don't know anyone in the vicinity so I guess no mental waves needed.

Erin

Hi! I do mental waves too. Though I'm quite a ways from Milwaukee now....a good 4-4.5 hours from the airport. Except most of my family is near there. Now if anyone is ever near Minneapolis.......

Yuck it's raining out and I was thinking of the grocery store after work. But I really don't care much for going in the rain. Plus I'm wearing sandals. And I do have stuff I could make for dinner tonight at home....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    So was my sister.....we saw her in 1998 at Lilith Fair.

I swear it's a shame that you aren't in WI....you remind me so much of my sister with the concerts and being major fans. She would totally go to NKTB concerts...long as you went to Gaga ones with her.
    I'd totally go to Gaga with her!

Welcome back Myles! (LOL whenever I try to type Myles I type Myself)
    I was thinking about us meeting up and wondering if you have ever been to Patriot Place in Foxboro. It might be a neat place to meet up next time you're in the area, if it's nice weather. It's an outdoor shopping place at Foxboro Stadium, where the Patriots play.

Ever since Joe started following me I've gotten 4 or 5 random follows on twitter... Joe girls...trying to get another degree of separation closer to Joe I guess, LOL

Welcome back Myles! I'm so glad your aunt wasn't as bad off as you were led to believe, but man how awful to be told that

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    chrissy, I hope you work something out with Bobbie. DH had to pay rent to his dad once he was 18. If he didn't have the money, he paid it off in chores. I'm considering a similar arrangement with my own kids when they get old enough.
    She has chores-they all do. I guess that was my issue-I didn't need the lip about it because they've all had to do chores since they were small. It's 'worse' in the summer because, well, they're here all day and we're not so we do expect them to do more.

I don't really want to charge my kids rent. I never agreed with that practice and I hope I'm never in the position to insist on it. I won't be taken advantage of, though, so if she really did plan on doing nothing while mooching off us, I'd definitely kick her out.

The good news is the house was really amazingly clean when I got home from work tonight. I was very pleased and told them they did a wonderful job.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    I already posted about this on FB, but my great-aunt is fine afterall, and I am even more annoyed at my sister for making me hysterical for no good reason. I have no idea where she'd heard "hospice", but I guess I should have known my sister only adheres slightly to the truth in any situation.
    My mom and I were on a ski trip together. Her mom (my grandmother) was pretty sick in the hospital, but not at death's door. My mom ran out to the car to get something and the hotel phone rang, It was my mom's friend calling to say that my grandmother had died. I had to tell my mom that her mom died. We called family and they had no idea what we were talking about, that she wasn't dead at all. I still have no idea why this woman got the idea she was dead.

I'm sorry you had to worry so much.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov