Page 696 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1965966466866946956966976987067467961196 ... LastLast
Results 20,851 to 20,880 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Night! It's still early here!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Y'all are always asleep when i'm up for the day. I haven't been on much since my home internet was down and trying to post from a phone is too tedious for me!

Kate, we don't have to exactly understand the NKOTB obsession. I still enjoy the stories. It's part of what makes you you. I'm sure you don't relate to a lot of my ways and you still adore the shiznit out of me and are totally interested in all my stories.

Um...I just looked at the corner of my screen to see that it's the 18th. Kai's birthday was yesterday.
    All week I've just had it in my head his birthday was saturday. Oops

While I realize I am talking to myself on here at the moment, I just want to say that I woke up with another raging headache this morning and I'm very annoyed by that.
    I side nursed Sawyer all night so I'm guessing that was it. I have to lay flat on my back all night with no pillow to wake up headache free. I can feel the knots in my neck. I need a massage badly.

I have a dr appt for thursday.

Bridget, it's not like you forgot his birthday entirely and at that age, they don't know the difference. This year, Travis' birthday was on a Monday, so we had his party on the Sunday before it. Then he went to daycare on the Tuesday, so he had 3 days of people telling him happy birthday! I thought he would be confused, but he seemed to enjoy the 3 day birthday.

I'm sorry you're still have the headaches. I hope the doctor can sort something out for you. I don't really get headaches that often but when I've had them, they have been torture.

Kate, I enjoy your NKOTB stories. I like reading about other people's interests. I don't think there's a particular band that I'm so passionate about, but I am going to see Slash in a few weeks, so I'm excited about that....I'm more of a rock chick! (Oh, but every time you mention NKOTB, I flashback to being 6 years old and saying to someone "I like the NKOTB cartoon but I don't actually like the band.") Do you remember they had a cartoon for awhile?

Both boys are currently napping. Travis rarely naps but both he and Cash are ill, so I'm letting him sleep for as long as he wants. I should be cleaning around the house while they are asleep but I'll do that later tonight. DH is playing one of his car games on the playstation, so I'm surfing the net. Ah, I just jinxed myself...Cash just woke up!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Ok I have blocked her on fb and twitter.
    Good.

Hey where did everybody go?
    Sorry, I went to bed. The one that was giving me grief about not drinking every night is the same one that up and left her husband unexpectedly after 13 years of marriage. She's still away and with the other guy...anyway, her husband used to call me every night, for hours at a time (if you remember) and ironically, he called out of the blue at 1:30 a.m. I didn't answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    You don't need to. We're your friends. And I'll get jealous if you make other Internet friends without me!
    Out of context or not, that cracked me up!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    While I realize I am talking to myself on here at the moment, I just want to say that I woke up with another raging headache this morning and I'm very annoyed by that.
    I side nursed Sawyer all night so I'm guessing that was it. I have to lay flat on my back all night with no pillow to wake up headache free. I can feel the knots in my neck. I need a massage badly.

I have a dr appt for thursday.
    I really hope it's an easy fix. I also hope you don't suffer with non-stop headaches all the way through Thursday.

Happy Birthday to Kai! I cannot believe he's 4. Where does time go?

Rich is vacuuming while I'm on APA. I'm really sucking at this wife thing lately. Intellectually I know I have to break the tasks down to manageable pieces and just do them one step at a time. But I'm just so overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done and I'm doing nothing. I'm really getting upset with myself, and I don't know why Rich doesn't say something. If I were doing all the work while he typed, we'd be going round about it!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

oooo...Slash I'd be a groupy!

Kate, I too love your nkotb stories.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, I have to confess that I often think that Soren's birthday is May 10 instead of May 11, which is what it really is. I have to really think for a minute. I'm terrible about birthdays. When they scheduled my C-Section, I very much wanted it to be on 5/10/10 so it would be easier to remember. Instead, they did it on 5/11/10, but now I have the date I wanted it to be stuck in my head, and whenever I have to write down his birthday I have to stop myself from writing down the wrong one.

Happy birthday to Kai!

Can you prop yourself up with some pillows when you side-lie at night? I always nursed at an angle, with a pillow under my hip and back, so I was never fully on my side or my back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Bridget, I have to confess that I often think that Soren's birthday is May 10 instead of May 11, which is what it really is. I have to really think for a minute. I'm terrible about birthdays. When they scheduled my C-Section, I very much wanted it to be on 5/10/10 so it would be easier to remember. Instead, they did it on 5/11/10, but now I have the date I wanted it to be stuck in my head, and whenever I have to write down his birthday I have to stop myself from writing down the wrong one.

Happy birthday to Kai!

Can you prop yourself up with some pillows when you side-lie at night? I always nursed at an angle, with a pillow under my hip and back, so I was never fully on my side or my back.
    Lydia, I will give that a try. It's a challenge because I have Savana on the other side of me. But I bet I could stick a body pillow in there.

I'm sorry you're still getting headaches Bridget! I hope your appt. helps.
    Thanks for the support about my nkotb obsession Bridget, I do adore you and your stories, so that's a good point. I'm just so used to getting teased about nkotb that I don't want to overdo it. I actually started a blog (I don't plan to tell anyone where it is) so I can get all my memories down and hopefully get it a little out of my system.

I can't believe you forgot Kai's birthday! LOL But that means dbf forgot it too, right? Anyway, I think Lydia was the one who said they don't care at this age and that's right.

I drove around to 3 YMCA's this morning. DH told me there was a "touch a truck" event at one and we got there and it was the wrong one. They told me it was at the one in our town, but it wasn't there either. We tried one more and couldn't find it. I felt so bad.

I'm sucking at the wife thing too. I look at the clutter and I just feel overwhelmed. I don't know where to start. Josh's side of the living room is a mess, but he's always working on projects and saving bits of paper (I thought of him when you talked about your maid keeping Savana' scraps, Bridget) so I'm afraid to throw anything away.

I suck as a wife, too. DH rarely complains. I try to tell myself I earned it when he left me for a year, but then I think that he was actually in physical danger and I realize I'm just making lame excuses for being lazy.

I could be a Slash groupie, too! I actually read his book. Left me with a lot of respect for him. Did any of you see the South Park episode where they kept talking about him?

No, I don't think I saw that South Park episode.
    We've been watching South Park this season and we're not really impressed It's not as good as it used to be.

No, it isn't. But the Slash episode had DH and I giggling and we still joke about it.

Oooh, I'll have to see if the Slash South Park episode is on youtube. He is my husband's hero (hubby is a guitarist). I actually got hubby to agree on Cash's name because one of Slash's sons is named Cash!

I'm the same with Travis' birthday, Lydia. I wanted him to arrive on teh 8th May so that the UK date would be 8-5-8 but he's the 9th and I always almost tell people his birthday is the 8th!!!

I hear y'all on the whole wife thing. I'm a little better at it than I ever thought I would be but I'm not that good at it. Speaking of wifely things, I need to go throw some chicken fajitas together for supper. Oh, and one more domestic thing; Myles, you'll appreciate this one since you've lived over here before....I got a new sink this week and I love it because it has 2 sinks to it instead of just one sink which is standard here!!! Rinsing dishes is a breeze now....yaay!

I'll have to see if I can find it. Was it this season?

So I'm still thinking about that girl who latched onto me on twitter. She's upset that I didn't "compromise" and just let her call me for 5 minutes and then she said she'd delete my phone number. I tried to tell her I had no reason to trust her and she would reply that I had no reason *not* to trust her. I know she's pretty irrational but I'm just not sure how or if I could have handled it better. She got very angry in the end and I began to see why she has so much trouble with friends. She didn't take no for an answer! I'm really not very good with handling things like this. I felt like I listened to her problems and I added her to facebook so she could send me a proper message and not the 140 character at a time crap you have to do on twitter, but she kept using twitter. And she's telling me I didn't compromise.

Kate, you did the right thing by deleting her; she doesn't sound like a nice person at all. You have better things to do with your time! What I usually do is when people start being bi-tchy with me, I just give them bi-tchiness back!

You definitely did the right thing, Kate.

The Slash episode was this season. Don't know if it's on YouTube but it probably is.

I used to be a ***** in the face of *****iness but now I actually try to be as nice as possible. I used to have knock down drag out verbal fights if I had a disagreement online with someone (a time or two on apa come to mind, I think maybe only Chrissy was around for the big one) but this time I was like, no. I'm not discussing this anymore.

I finally got motivated & did wifely things. I shopped, ran the kids around, and started taping off windows in preparation of primering the house. I'm whipped!

Bobbie got her notice from court for her shoplifting. She has to appear in person, within 10 days, to plead. It's 170 miles away. I do not have the vacation time. I don't know what we're going to do. If she doesn't show up, they'll issue a warrant for her arrest.

Can anyone else go with her?

Chrissy, this is a shot in the dark but I wonder if you could call and explain the situation and see if she could plead via phone? If you talk to the right person they may help you out. I know that in the process of the state wisconsin telling dbf and I that we had to come to court to work our child custody arrangements for Sawyer in light of the fact that we are not married, they said we had to show up in person or we'd be fined. I called and explained that I ran a daycare and had no one to cover for me, nor did we have anyone to watch our children, they said we could do it via phone. I know it's a totally different situation but it was similar in that they ordered us to be there and then gave us some slack.

Can anyone else go with her?
    The only other one that would take her that far doesn't have a day off till the 28th. That's 11 days after the date they mailed the letter, and doesn't leave room for getting lost or having 'something' happen so she doesn't make it to court the day she sets out to get there. Rich is going to take a day off, without pay, and take her. She's going to work like a slave to 'pay' us back at the old house-and she's not going to give any lip about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Chrissy, this is a shot in the dark but I wonder if you could call and explain the situation and see if she could plead via phone? If you talk to the right person they may help you out. I know that in the process of the state wisconsin telling dbf and I that we had to come to court to work our child custody arrangements for Sawyer in light of the fact that we are not married, they said we had to show up in person or we'd be fined. I called and explained that I ran a daycare and had no one to cover for me, nor did we have anyone to watch our children, they said we could do it via phone. I know it's a totally different situation but it was similar in that they ordered us to be there and then gave us some slack.
    Maybe they would, but she won't make the call herself. She's a product of her generation and honestly, if she can't text or instant message someone she has no interest in pursuing job prospects...much less handle a court situation. It's a frustrating thing we have going on here. She needed a dr appointment and I can't make them for her. After 3 weeks of arguing and debating, she finally made the call. I had to write out a script for her to read to the secretary though. I'm afraid if I try to call the court on her behalf, they're just going to tell me she needs to make the call herself, and I know she won't.

Heck-she only had to email my photographer to get a 1 day job passing out flyers for his business at the local Strawberry Fest and he'd do a Senior Portrait Session in exchange ($475 value). She wouldn't even email him. I reminded her 3 times.

She's applied to a number of colleges since January and I'm constantly asking her, "Did you check your email today?" The answer is always "No" with an eyeroll.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 06-18-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Oh dear.

Chrissy, I can imagine how frustrating that must be. It's like you don't want to be a nag but how can she be successful if she doesn't show some initiative?

Kate, a girl I went to highschool with must be at a NKOTB concert because she is posting pics on facebook. Her name is Sarah. Do you know her? Totally kidding.

Lydia, I hope you don't mind me asking you for some advice here about what I should ask my dr to explore as far as these headaches are concerned. Like, if by chance I am lacking some essential nutrients or vitamins, is there tests she can run to determine if I am deficient somewhere? Or if it's a hormonal issue, (and no idea what that might be, just something my cousin mentioned since it started late in my pregnancy and I never had it before) how does she explore that?
    I just want to go in with a little knowledge rather than be like, "I have a headache, can you make it go away?"

I'm trying very hard to keep it light hearted, yet get the point across too. When I said she'd be helping me and Daddy wipe down walls as part of paying us back for her fine, she exclaimed, "Then why did I apply for a job?" I said she could do it after work. She goes, "After working 8-6? " I laughed and said, "Welcome to our world. Isn't being an adult fun? And you get to pay your $20 co-pay for your doctor appointment next week too."

Bridget-I suffer from hormonal migraines, but the only way I figured it out was when I had the Mirena inserted and they abruptly stopped. I didn't get them when I was pregnant with Conner, then the 1st 'period' after he was born I nearly died. I did cry and say, "not again!" because I'd been 9 months without them and it was so nice. I was going to have the Mirena inserted anyway...it's just an added perk that they alleviate my migraines as well.

LOL Bridget! Does she have good seats?

LOL Bridget! Does she have good seats?
    Not sure. So far it's just a picture of license plate in the parking lot that says NKOTB and then one of her and a friend in their new shirts. I'm sure she will keep updating. She updates constantly no matter where she is.

Aw, cool. Let me know if she gets any good Joe pics. (but not if she's a psycho LOL)

Happy Fathers Day!! Anyone have special plans? My gift to Rich is I'm not going to nag him today. j/k...but we're probably not doing anything.