Page 695 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1955956456856936946956966977057457951195 ... LastLast
Results 20,821 to 20,850 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Enjoy!

Oh, and Jennifer, I've been meaning to tell you they are building a Culvers here! I had never heard of it before you mentioned it on here.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

LOL My town I think has more culvers than mcdonalds. We have three and have about 60-65K and I'm thinking that town next of us has one too. after eating custard, ice cream really doesn't do much for me anymore.

Well I had never really had sonic until just maybe a year or two ago when we got the first one in WI. the drinks are tasty but the food was really so so.

I know when we have traveled out west Dad liked Carls I think it's called....I think that is more in line with a culvers like place.

the funniest though was when we were driving to Disneyworld and wanted lunch....could we find a subway.....nope all we could find were waffle houses. i was like waffle house? seriously? we didn't stop at one though...at that point I was only 18 months post op and had to be very careful with what I ate....waffles would have made me sick.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Sounds like a good night Jennifer!
    We don't have Culver's either, and we have one Sonic but it's way up north of Boston, so we never really go since the only time we go up there is to see my mom or dad, and we're usually planning on eating at their house.
    We had Sonic all the time when we lived in Tennessee.

Waffle House has more than waffles! They have hash browns (actually I think they're more famous for their hash browns because they have codes for everything you can put on them, like cheese, tomatoes, peppers, etc.) and eggs...they're not bad food wise but the ones I've been in aren't very well kept.

Yeah I'm just not a big breakfast food eater....and eggs are gross to me. I only like them in things like cookies. Would have been nice after I had the surgery since all I was allowed to eat for the first few months was protein (and no red meat which is what I like best). But eggs made me gag and yogurt didn't sit well either so I lived off cottage cheese. Only been in the past year or two that I have been able to eat cottage cheese again.

So bad but for breakfast I like leftovers like spaghetti (and I eat it cold) or pizza. Next is string cheese and some fruit.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Sounds like my kind of breakfast lol.
    String cheese and fruit or a turkey and cheese sandwich grilled, or egg and cheese...mmm

I love me some breakfast in all forms at all times of the day. In fact, right now I am mustering all the willpower I can to resist pouring myself a bowl of cereal so late at the night.
    I shall have a glass of wine. I should have about 3 hours before I have to nurse.

I took Savana and Kai to the park tonight. The first thing that happened was I was sitting on a bench holding Sawyer and watching/talking to Savana and Kai while they played when another child and his dad came over. The child went on the swing and the dad sat at a picnic table next to the bench I was on.
    So then this very large child, about 5-6, who probably weighed almost as much as me walked over to the swing and said, looking in our direction, "Can someone help me get on the swing?" I looked around and didn't see a parent anywhere and I said, "I'm really sorry little man but I'm holding my baby so I don't have the arms to lift you." He proceeded to ask 3 more times for someone to help him and then the guy next to me said, "Is that your kid?" I said no. He still just sat there. So I called Kai over and asked him to sit on the ground and hold Sawyer on his lap so I could help the boy on the swing. I went over and seriously hoisted the boy up. Then he asked for a push. I told him just once because i have to take care of my baby. Okay so then a few minutes later the kids asks for help to get down. Now I'm nursing Sawyer so I can't help the kid and he asks twice before I look at the guy like, "Can you help me out here?" So he helped him. Finally. Was that weird or was it just me? Then again, maybe he didn't want to touch someone else's kid. Maybe I shouldn't have.

Then on the other side of the park a few moms were leaving the pool with their kids and one of them, about 4, was throwing a huge fit. The mom just kept saying, "Keep it up. You wait. I will knock the snot out of you. Keep it up." UGH. My heart just breaks when I hear that crap. I think to myself no wonder there are so many adults who are jerks if they got treated that way when they were kids. Anyway, she got them loaded in her car, lit her cigarette and took off down the road.
    I'm going to go get wine.
    Last edited by Bridget; 06-17-2011 at 08:34 PM.

I don't like touching other people's kids either. Maybe guys have more of an issue touching other people's kids than women do.

You're right, Kate. I thought about that. I couldn't help but want to help the poor kid get in the swing. And where the heck was his mother anyway? There did happen to be group of women at a picnic table far away so him mom could have been there, watching from afar.

And she probably told him he couldn't go on the swings.
    Last edited by Bridget; 06-17-2011 at 09:10 PM.

I think that men have to be more careful about touching other peoples kids....and I have a HARD time seeing DH doing that with a stranger kid unless the kid was in physical danger. Come to think of it, I don't know that I have ever seen DH touch a kid more than once....my cousin was six months old and my aunt didn't ask but just plopped him on Dh's lap and said, hey can you hold him a minute. Than cousin decided he was going to try to eat his shoe.....Dh just looked at me scared and was like, Ummm, he's trying to eat his shoe. This was six years ago. I have seen him talk to my cousins (the little boy especially likes to ask what he's doing and why when he's on the computer....we only see them 1-3 times a year usually and he LOVES video games). But touching them or our friends kid...can't really think of it.

And yes DH plans on being home with the baby while I'm at work. Hopefully he catches on during the 6-8 weeks I will be at home! Well at least it should be interesting!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yeah I would have asked where his mom was too.

Seriously. I had to log off twitter because this girl I told you about who wants to be my best friend will not leave me alone about calling me. She wants my phone number so she can call and tell me something and she says her hand bothers her so she hates to type, but she sends me a gazillion messages and my email is full of notifications that she messaged me...
    She would not leave me alone about it so I finally said ok I'm logging off, bye.

Kate-unfriend her, or whatever it's called on Twitter...detwitter? She sounds unstable.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Oh-and pour me a drink. I should be pulling in your driveway in about 10 minutes.

I tend to feel sorry for the mentally unstable and have a hard time letting them go.

double post-
    LOL...I think I prefer your kind of crazy...
    Last edited by daylilies; 06-17-2011 at 09:02 PM.

I know Kate but this sounds like it's really an exceptional case. I have a soft spot for the 'crazies' too, but even I have limits.

Kate, she really does sound crazy. I would hide.

Bridget, I can totally see why a dad in the park would be uncomfortable touching someone else's child. That actually would make me feel better about him.

Kate that is really creepy.

I have a girl that I interviewed to be my sub when I was having Sawyer that won't leave me alone. She came here once like a year ago saying she was looking for daycare. Never followed up. Then called about the job, came over. It didn't work out for several reasons and now she has called me several times asking if I still needed help. Each time I'm telling her no and the last time I felt I was being rude but wanted to get my point across. No. I don't need you know and I will not need you in the future.
    So the next week she calls and wants to know if her son can come to my daycare but when I return her call she starts yammering on about how she can't afford daycare so her dad is going to take care of her son.

I agree with Stacy. Detwitter.

Thanks...I unfollowed her on twitter and I foolishly was already following her on fb (she promised to share her Joe pics, I couldn't pass that up, but she hasn't posted them yet) so I defriended her there too. I'm not desperate enough to try to be friends with someone who doesn't respect my privacy.

Good, I'm relieved for you. That was just nuts.

My cousin is drunk-texting me and asked if I was 'lit' yet. I said I wasn't drinking but asked if she was. She writes back, "why not?" I told her I don't drink all the time and she responded with, "So sorry for you." Why do people that drink religiously get all defensive if you don't?

I have no idea...but I say some pretty dumb things when I'm drunk so maybe she's just being silly.

Ah crap apparently she can still message me on fb because she's still my friend, even though I'm not hers.

Ok I have blocked her on fb and twitter.

Hey where did everybody go?

You don't need to. We're your friends. And I'll get jealous if you make other Internet friends without me!

Whoops, forgot to quote and the post I responded to was a while back ... Sorry to sound so random!

I just wish I had someone to talk to about nkotb who really understands ;) I feel like you all can kind of nod and smile but not really understand the obsession. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Whoops, forgot to quote and the post I responded to was a while back ... Sorry to sound so random!
    lol I wasn't sure what you were responding to either.

Well, I'm not a nkotb fan, but I get obsessions. Can't give you in the know details, though!

Aw! it's okay...
    I have to go to bed...have a good night everyone!