Page 686 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1865866366766846856866876886967367861186 ... LastLast
Results 20,551 to 20,580 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Hugs Bridget I know how you feel, about it seeming like forever ago but so recently.
    I wish we could meet up too...I hope we do someday!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Tomorrow is one year since my mom died.
    Feels like yesterday. And a million years ago.

I'm so, so sorry, Bridget.
    I hope that all those around you will be sensitive to the importance of the day, and you have a mellow day with time to process things more. Will you be seeing your dad and brother at some point tomorrow to commemorate your mom?

Thanks guys.
    Tomorrow my older brother, his wife and four kids are going to be at my dad's. They'll actually arrive tonight and then we'll go over there tomorrow and my dad is going to bbq and take us all to the local fair. My little bro, my bestie, is at a muscial festival this weekend. We'll miss him but I understand and support him doing whatever he wants to do this weekend. I hope my older brother and his wife feel the same. They can be judgy. But I love em.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Thanks, Chrissy. I got teary reading how you got teary.
    I wish I could describe how reading your post about weaning made me feel...It's definitely one of those moments that life is about. I think you've done beautifully.

I wish the internet was around when I had Bobbie and Jessie...oh, the things I would have done differently.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    Awww Myles! I saw WTG for breastfeeding this long! And if the time was right for you, it was right. Boo to anyone who makes you feel bad for ANYTHING about your nursing relationship!

The cake idea is so sweet. <3
    ita

& congrats on getting $ for your ring!

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    We're back from our vacation to the US; I'll try to catch up on all the pages I've missed reading the past 2 1/2 weeks soon but just wanted to check in here and say hey to everyone....did I miss any big news in here while I was away?
    Welcome back! I've missed you!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Good for you, Ashley!

Welcome back, AmeriAsh. Hope the catching up on us goes smoothly.

This is a photo of the cake I made for Bodhi (well, I bought the cake and decorated it):

I hope he and all the kiddies enjoyed it.
    Here I go again...you're just melting my heart all over the place. What a sweet cake!

Myles, you're such a sweet mommy. I hope all goes well with the weaning. I know what you mean about wanting to make breastmilk forever. There were so many times between Kai and Sawyer that i'd wished I'd saved some.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say I am jealous that you guys are having meet ups.

some day we will meet up Bridget. I don't know when, but I'm sure of it.

Bobbie had her senior trip today. She had to be dropped off before 7:00 a.m. and eta is 11-11:30 pm. She's on the bus now returning home and she texted she was arrested. I told her I hoped she was joking, but she said she's not. She was 'fingerprinted and everything.' I texted back that I wasn't going to discuss it via text, and for future reference don't give me bad news through text ever again. I have no clue what she did, but needless to say I'm beyond disappointed. And a little bit livid. I haven't said anything to Rich about it. I just want to be pissed about it without having to calm him down, because he's going to be far more upset that me. And that's saying a lot.

I know I run interference between the girls and Rich a lot. I shouldn't have to. I should be able to worry and vent with him, but I know if he knows about it before she gets home, he'll just light into her, call her stupid, and be absolutely unreasonable. I can only deal with one thing at a time. I'll deal with her, calm down, then deal with him.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Oh hell no, Chrissy. WTF?

My guess is she was drinking with her friends. ? She's made joking comments about wanting to drink lately and I know it's common for some kids to take alcohol on those trips. I can't think of what else she could have done.

But there goes her chance of getting a part time job this summer. I'm furious.

Oh Chrissy! What the heck happened?
    Josh said something very smart today that I thought was cool and wanted to share. He was eating some crackers that have little bits of salt on them and he said "Salt looks like crystals"
    I told him they indeed are crystals and told him that sugar is crystals too. He knows what crystals look like because he had a science kit with crystals in it (I forget what exactly they are called) but they were much bigger than salt and I was impressed that he noticed the similarity.

He loves science. Ever since we did that kit, he likes to take various things from the kitchen and mix them together to see what happens.

Myles, you're such a sweet mommy. I hope all goes well with the weaning. I know what you mean about wanting to make breastmilk forever. There were so many times between Kai and Sawyer that i'd wished I'd saved some.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say I am jealous that you guys are having meet ups.

Bridget. I know that feeling where time can stand still and leap forward simultaneously. And it has to be made even more surreal when in the past year you've found out you were pregnant and now have a new son.

---
    Oh Chrissy, I hope it was something relatively harmless... although I don't know what that could be.

---

Myles, your a great mom, you know? I love how much you thought of Bohdi's feelings during the whole weaning process, and even made a little cake. You rock.

oh, Abbey's watching me type this and I told her to pick out a smiley to send to Bohdi. She picks this one: She also wanted to tell him "hi".

---

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Where was her senior trip? To an amusement park or something?

Do they actually arrest kids for underage drinking these days? How long do you have to sit on this until she gets home?

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh Chrissy! What the heck happened?
    Josh said something very smart today that I thought was cool and wanted to share. He was eating some crackers that have little bits of salt on them and he said "Salt looks like crystals"
    I told him they indeed are crystals and told him that sugar is crystals too. He knows what crystals look like because he had a science kit with crystals in it (I forget what exactly they are called) but they were much bigger than salt and I was impressed that he noticed the similarity.

He loves science. Ever since we did that kit, he likes to take various things from the kitchen and mix them together to see what happens.
    I'm not sure what happened. She's not home yet and I refuse to talk to her on the phone about it.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Where was her senior trip? To an amusement park or something?
    Dorney Park. Yeah, it's an amusement park.

This is going to sound awful so please keep in mind that I'm extremely angry right now, but I'm feeling like if I knew what it would be like to have teenagers, that stuff would keep happening back to back to back without any time for peace and tranquility in between (so it seems right now), I might not have had kids at all.

Just reading that makes me hate myself.

Do they actually arrest kids for underage drinking these days? How long do you have to sit on this until she gets home?
    I was just speculating on what it could have been. She was in PA-or was supposed to be-so I have absolutely no idea what their laws are. I know the Owego school wouldn't have allowed her to ride the bus home in that scenario, but this redneck school...who knows? They might let her drive the freaking bus while inebriated for fun. Why didn't someone call me? If she's kidding (not like her and I don't know why she would be) she'll be in as much trouble with me as if she really HAD been arrested.

I expect her to arrive at the school in the next 30-60 minutes. I hope the bus isn't late. I could use a drink.

Ugh, I'm sorry.
    And you shouldn't hate yourself for feeling that way. Hindsight is 20-20! I can only hope that when Josh is a teenager and I'm in my 40's I'll be a little more able to handle it then I am now..but I really don't know.
    I know now that there is really no way for anyone to warn you about how difficult children can be. My mom tried to warn me and I thought she was just underestimating my abilities. But it really is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm not sure what happened. She's not home yet and I refuse to talk to her on the phone about it.

Dorney Park. Yeah, it's an amusement park.

This is going to sound awful so please keep in mind that I'm extremely angry right now, but I'm feeling like if I knew what it would be like to have teenagers, that stuff would keep happening back to back to back without any time for peace and tranquility in between (so it seems right now), I might not have had kids at all.

Just reading that makes me hate myself.
    You sound normal, not awful. I hope a major turnaround is in her near future.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Oh, Chrissy. I remember when my brother was pulling crap like this. I never saw such raw emotion in my mom as I did when she was dealing with one thing after another with him. I hate that you are feeling such pain.

Thanks. I just don't feel up to the challenge of teenagers.

On a happier note, I was gonna post about this earlier but Bobbie's news made me forget all about it. Conner had a difficult time last evening and threw a fit in the car all the way home...a good 20 minutes. He wasn't much better once we got home either. He was temperamental and inconsolable and tried all of our patience. Later, after he'd been calmed down for an hour or so I was helping him in the bathroom and he said very sweetly, "I'm sorry I was grouchy earlier." I instantly forgave him everything!! As if I was holding a grudge, but it just made the whole thing worth it.

Hooray for Conner. He's gonna be a success with the ladies to boot.

But crap! about Bobbie. I hope it wasn't anything too severe - y'know just kids being kids. About being teenagers: my sister and I ... we got into SO. MUCH. TROUBLE. Sometimes I think the smarter you are, the more trouble you get into, because you're bored and curious. So of course my hyper-genius sister got into the worst trouble. She was truant a ton of times, got arrested for tossing a ciggy out the window while driving a car at 15, drove a car into the garage door, ran away, and - don't mean to scare you - hooked up with A LOT of guys. My mom enrolled us in the ToughLove program.

I mainly did a ton of substances, managed to fool my mom into thinking I was at friends' houses while we were out at all hours, and managed to evade trouble for the most part. It took my sister longer, but we eventually outgrew the limit-testing thing once we tasted real autonomy living on our own.

I don't really know what my point is. I guess it's just that my sister and I were rotten, but we were excellent students and ended up ok today (except for my sis being pathological and a cheater but try to ignore that part). Hey, maybe if Bobbie follows my sister's trajectory, she'll end up a miserable millionairess too.

OK, now I'm totally sabotaging my point. I'm sorry. I'm trying to sound reassuring and messing it up.

What I mean to say in all seriousness is that this doesn't signal Bobbie's permanent course. She can have a turnaround for sure. I just hope you don't go totally gray while you wait for that to happen.

---------------------------

Molly, thanks for encouragement. I need to know what music you're listening to nowadays. And I have a mix to send you too.
    Last edited by demigraf; 06-11-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Wow, just checking in now and saw the post about Bobbie. Please update when you can, Chrissy. I'm worried.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Up with Sawyer and came to check. I'm worried too!

Chrissy??

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I hope everything is okay, Chrissy.

Yeah, everything is ok. Her bus didn't get in till 1:30 and I was beat tired. I'm not much of an early person so I didn't turn my computer on till now.

Anyway, she was arrested for shoplifting a key chain. To say I'm disappointed is putting it mildly, but I'm glad it wasn't worse. It was just her and one other friend.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Chrissy, I was wondering if it was something like shoplifting when you posted last night. I don't know if it will help, but I can tell you my personal experience with it.

I had a gradually escalating experience with petty theft.

In kindergarten, I ate my dad's chocolate pudding because he was late for dinner and it was just sitting there. I denied it, and later got a stomachache. I stole change from my dad's yogurt cup starting in 2nd grade. I used it to buy candy from the corner store. I got questioned about it in 6th grade, when he realized he kept running out of change for the bus, but all they said was that they hoped it wasn't me that was making him walk all the way to work.

In 7th grade, I stole a silver chain from a Payless Drugstore, because everyone in my grade had one, I wanted one so badly so I could fit in, and my mom said we couldn't afford it. Store security followed us out of the store and pulled us back in (I was with my mom and sister in the parking lot) and put a lot of fear in me. They said I couldn't come back to another Payless within a year or they would file charges.

My mom hugged me out in the parking lot, told me she loved me, said she knew I wasn't a bad person and that I wasn't a thief and that I must have had a very difficult time right then. She also said that it was going to be very hard to not go to Payless for a whole year, but we stayed out, even when we were in other states.

I never stole anything again.

When the threads on APA come up about what do you do if you find out you have something in your bag that you haven't paid for and you're out in your car, or even in your house, I'm one of the people that always says I will pay for it, even if it's a PITA to go back.

Needless to say, I think shoplifting is a pretty common part of growing up. I know it sucks to have it actually happening right then and there, though.

--------------

Bridget, I hope this day is peaceful for you, filled with fond memories and good company.

-------------

Mylah, I love how you are making Bodhi feel special and how much thought and care you put into the cake and everything about the weaning process. And I agree, boo to anyone who makes you feel bad about your nursing relationship.
    ------------

AmeriAsh, how was your trip?

Thanks Lydia. She's going to be humiliated during her last few days of school. Everyone knows about it because the buses actually stayed 2 hours late because of them. I take it the ride home was quite uncomfortable, although 2 did thank them for getting them a couple extra hours to ride the rides.

Bridget, I hope you have a good day with your family.

I'm glad it wasn't something more serious like drinking, but sorry you have to deal with it, Chrissy.

I hope you're having a good day remembering your mom today Bridget.

How was your trip, Ash?

It's amazing how hard it is to find a Red Sox sweatshirt. I don't usually shop for sports team clothes so I don't know if it's the time of year that's a problem or what. I wanted to wear one to the show tonight but I had to settle for a Boston sweatshirt instead. Good enough! I wasn't planning on it being so freezing tonight!

Chrissy, I'm glad it's minor but I understand you're upset. I hope just the experience of all her friends knowing will make her think twice in the future.

Bridget, thinking of you today.

Kate, the show is tonight? Have fun!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yup! I'm leaving in about an hour and a half.

Hey, y'all; I've been trying to read the pages of chat that I've missed while away but I don't think I'll ever get the time! I didn't get on the net til the last few days we were in the USA because we only used the free WiFi at the hotel. I liked taking an Internet break and decided to not be online as much when we returned home, so I haven't been! And I'm getting a lot more done around the house that way!

The trip home was fantastic (though there was a little drama with my sister). She had asked my brother on FB if he'd seen me yet and when he said no (he worked nearly ever day we were there), she said to him, "Oh, I guess they're too good to come see you, huh?" My brother and sister have always had a chip on their shoulder about me graduating college and not working at the factory like they do; we visited him once but it was a very awkward visit.

The rest of it, though, was awesome. We stayed in a cabin in the mountains with a gorgeous view. We saw all of my family that I wanted to see; even my cousin whom I hadn't seen in 6 years who was my best friend growing up! She flew down from MI especially to see us; it was so awesome to see her; it made me feel even more homesick when she had to go back home. We had a 12 year class reunion and me and Amy (my cousin) were the best looking ones there and we felt good since we were the outcasts in high school.

The boys enjoyed Arkansas even though it was sooo hot while we were there. It was nearly 100 degrees every day we were there (the highs here are in the 50's!). Travis ate a lot of ice cream and played with lots of animals. (He now wants a dog!) Cash learned to crawl and came back with 2 teeth. Travis got to swim naked in a river for the first time and he enjoyed milk shakes at Sonic and sweet tea. He learned a few new phrases like "over yonder." Cash enjoyed all the attention he got.

It's nice to be back home now; I'm over the jet lag finally. It was hard leaving AR this time; I think not knowing when we'll get to go back makes it harder. I wish we lived closer. But we're back now and getting back in to routine!

Thanks for thinking of me, y'all!

Sounds like you had a great time!

Ashley-I just love it that you were the best looking ones there! Woo hoo!! I'm glad you had a great time

I guess the part I'm most confused about regarding Bobbie's shoplifting episode is that I did give her money for souvenirs. It would be easier for me to grasp if she didn't have any money, but whatever. What's done is done and I do think she learned from this experience. I have no reason to believe this has been a habit-she really did get caught her first time. I said that I was glad it was a minor thing and not a car. Poor girl-her humiliation is so strong I've decided I won't punish her.