Page 673 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1735736236636716726736746756837237731173 ... LastLast
Results 20,161 to 20,190 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I am actually looking forward to an empty nest. I enjoy my kids being kids but I did plan it out that by the time I was 50 I would be a Hot Mama and will be doing a lot of alone travelling.

Bridget I hope you have spoken with your brother right now! I would be so worried about any of my brothers getting robbed and we aren't even close. I just still have the picture of them in my mind as kids, my younger brothers were my babies and my older brother was basically the love of my life when I was a girl, I just adored him. I would be heartbroken if anything happened to either one of them.

Kyro can be bothersome about going places as well. I just don't tell him that we might go or are going anywhere until we are about to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Kyro can be bothersome about going places as well. I just don't tell him that we might go or are going anywhere until we are about to do it.
    That's what I try to do. And I spoke to soon earlier because almost as soon as I posted that she didn't bug about going, she brought it up again.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I look forward to the empty nest sometimes, and then I remember I'll still have DH to deal with

4. Default

Erin, your new sig pic is gorgeous. You have beautiful kids!!

5. Default

And yikes about your brother bridget! Have you gotten to talk to him yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    Erin, your new sig pic is gorgeous. You have beautiful kids!!
    Thanks. It took like 50 pictures to get that one good one. I was attempting to provide a Mother's Day pic for my mom and MIL of the kids and just sent them off. I feel bad for procrastinating but figure they will be excited to open the pics up and see the smiling faces.

Erin

It really is a precious pic Erin

I went to see my brother today and his hands were still shaking! He said he was walking home from the pub, not intoxicated just tired and he saw the two guys walking on the opposite side of the road in the opposite direction but thought nothing of it, of course. Then he was like 10 steps from the gate of his building when he heard feet hitting the pavement running behind him so he turned around and there the gun was, in his face and guy was yelling, "Don't look. Turn around. Where's the money?"
    T said he literally choked on his fear. He couldn't speak. And they kept yelling where's the money so he said, "In my pocket, take it all. Please just don't shoot me."
    So they took his cash, gave him his back wallet and then took his phone and told him not to call the police and not to turn around.
    Then he went and knocked on his neighbors door and called 911.
    My baby brother. I am so sorry for him because he is a sensitive soul and he will never feel safe again. I know him.

Erin your kids are so beautful! Ky has such nice eyes.

Bridget, that is terrifying! I'm sorry your brother had to go through that.

Erin. That picture is amazing! Ky really does have gorgeous eyes, and Elle is looking so grown up!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    ... I was just exhausted, sweaty, and overwhelmed. I started crying and went in my room with Sawyer for a few minutes. When I came out with the vacuum Savana said she would do it and she did a really nice job. Afterwards we were sitting at the table, she patted my back and said, "You're a good mom."
    She honestly astounds me sometimes.
    I love that story, Bridget. I'm sorry they brought you to that point, but Savana's reaction almost makes it worth it. Wouldja hug her for me?

I'm so sorry your brother was robbed. At least he wasn't hurt, though, so I suppose you can be thankful for that. My girlfriends and I were robbed at gunpoint the summer between high school and college while drinking in the car about to go into a rave. We went for a ride in the police car after calling 911, and only after asking the cop did we figure out we were in South Central LA, which was like the murder capital of the state at the time. Duh. The cops must have thought we were so, so dumb.

Erin, I agree, I do love the new siggy photo. Elle is a very lucky girl to have her big brother Ky; look at the way he's holding her and protecting her at the same. And his eyes ARE big and gorgeous.

Speaking of photos, I just have to share one with you that I got today. This is Bodhi's bestie, Arie.

She's 2 weeks older than Bodhi, and already quite the little lady, feeding her brand new baby brother who was born 3 days ago. I'm so thrilled for her and proud of her for being such a good big sister already. Baby Ethan is having a bris next Friday afternoon, and I am going to skip out of work to attend. I can't wait to meet him, and of course, Bodhi can't wait to play with Arie again. It's been hard to get togehter ever since we moved away from them. They went from playing every couple of weeks to seeing each other maybe only once every couple of months.
    Last edited by demigraf; 05-31-2011 at 12:50 AM.

She's beautiful.

Adorable.

Bridget, I've been thinking of your poor brother all night and this morning. I'm so sorry that happened to him.

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, I hope your brother recovers from this trauma. It will take him a while before he stops reliving it and before he stops feeling panicky if he hears footsteps behind him, most likely.

Shoot, I ran out of time to write everything else I've wanted to add in the past couple of days.

I just wanted to add that I had to take Claire back to the ER on Saturday because she tripped and fell against a car as she was leaving gymnastics and opened up her head wound and it bled everywhere. Her nice little closed wound is now wide again and will leave a much bigger scar, but it's still sterile under the glue, not as bad as it was originally, and they said it would do more harm than good to mess with it anymore. Everyone called her a firecracker.

Ouch! Poor Claire is really getting her share of it lately huh?

I need help deciding if I'm bent out of shape for no reason, or if I'm justified. I came to work in a great mood. I have a million things to do, but it was ok. I had it all planned out for the entire week. I knew it would be hectic and that everything might not go according to plan, but I felt I could manage things.

I was slightly dismayed to see two emails from people that would involve extensive work for me, but again, I knew coming in that even the best laid plans aren't always set in stone. I figured I'd work those two in and do my other stuff around what I'd already scheduled as best I could, and if my stuff got pushed back to next week it would be ok.

So I'm feeling a little anxious about being able to do everything for everyone, and Frank (the boss's boss) pokes his head in and says someone needs a computer moved today. I just looked at him. I'm thinking-there's no way. One of my surprises from this morning is a time-consuming, AND time-sensitive project. But he's the boss, so how to say no? He says, "well, it could wait till first thing in the morning." I still didn't agree right away, but finally did reluctantly.

Anyway, my annoyance is that since I took this job, I've had duties added to my list (one of them being Frank's backup) but I'm not getting a higher level job description and so far, no increased pay even though my immediate boss talked about it for weeks. He suddenly stopped and no one has brought it up at all in 3 weeks or so.

I'm also feeling resentment because there's a title at Cornell that fits my current job description, but it's a full letter grade higher (more pay), but all the job openings I've read for that job title have had less responsibility associated with it than what I currently do. I've applied for the ones I'm qualified for...the first one (you may remember) they decided after the interview not to fill that slot at all. I'm hoping the one I applied for Friday will call me for an interview.

At this point, I don't even think I'd stay here even if John could get Frank to match whatever I was offered. I like being busy, and I can certainly multi-task. I just really wish Frank would at least give me the consideration of asking what I have going on before poking his head in and saying, "you need to do ____ today." I realize he's the big boss, so it's his prerogative...but I get the feeling if I let my own stuff down, I'm going to hear about it. I cannot win. Plus, I just think it's disrespectful.

I think you're right Chrissy. I haven't worked many meaningful jobs but the considerate bosses will always ask if I have the time to prep such and such. I would get pissy too if I had work piling up and nobody bothered asking if I had time to do more.

I went with Frank so I could see exactly what was to be moved where, and he did apologize for the late notice. He said that they had just told him minutes before he came to me. It does kinda make it better...but bah. I'm grumpy anyway! lol

Chrissy, you're not making a mountain out of a molehill by any means. It sounds like your manager isn't managing your workload, which should be his core responsibility. It also sounds to me like it's going to be up to you to make a case for a promotion/raise/recognitiom of some sort. Managers tend to operate on the principle of "more for less", as in how much can I squeeze out if this one resource without having to pony up for it?" So I think you'll have to set aside some time for a discussion that you initiate. I also think it'd be best if you present a very organized case to your bosses' boss, showing job descriptions and salary information to him next to an outline of your duties, the time you spend on them and what you've accomplished so far that's outside your current role. I'd do my best to make it impossible to argue that they're not undercompensating/under-acknowledging you, and then hear what they have to say. All they can do is tell you what they think is a satisfactory reason. Let them respond, When the ball is in their court, they'll be accountable to come up with some response, on which you can take further action. It may take a few discussions, but they will have to see it as a problem they are responsible for solving. I hope they just give you a fat raise/ promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Chrissy, you're not making a mountain out of a molehill by any means. It sounds like your manager isn't managing your workload, which should be his core responsibility. It also sounds to me like it's going to be up to you to make a case for a promotion/raise/recognitiom of some sort. Managers tend to operate on the principle of "more for less", as in how much can I squeeze out if this one resource without having to pony up for it?" So I think you'll have to set aside some time for a discussion that you initiate. I also think it'd be best if you present a very organized case to your bosses' boss, showing job descriptions and salary information to him next to an outline of your duties, the time you spend on them and what you've accomplished so far that's outside your current role. I'd do my best to make it impossible to argue that they're not undercompensating/under-acknowledging you, and then hear what they have to say. All they can do is tell you what they think is a satisfactory reason. Let them respond, When the ball is in their court, they'll be accountable to come up with some response, on which you can take further action. It may take a few discussions, but they will have to see it as a problem they are responsible for solving. I hope they just give you a fat raise/ promotion.
    Totally agree with this for you Chrissy.

And Bridget, that sounds so frightening, what your brother went through. I am so glad he is okay. It must be so traumatic for him though and I agree that it will probably be a long time before he is not so jumpy. I know it would take me a long time.

And thanks for the comments about Ky's eyes. He actually said he doesn't like the pic because he thinks he looks "like a puppy dog." He has my eyes, both he and Elle actually and I was so happy about that being they are one of my favorite physical features about myself. Elle was laughing and squinty so you don't see it as much on her.

Erin

I know you're right & that's what I need to do. I kinda brought it up after my boss had been talking about it (initially, it was his idea and he talked about it daily for weeks, then suddenly was quiet). So when I brought it up after 2 weeks of silence, he kinda brushed me off that this wasn't a good time. So I've sorta lost my nerve...and instead I'm seething mad and figure I'll just get one of those easier-on-paper jobs and tell him to kill my @ss.

Well, JoJo threw up all over herself again on the way back from Dallas. Gross gross gross. At least the second time my dh was there so we could pull over at a gas station and properly clean up. After we were back on our way 30 minutes later he said "Well, kudos to you for dealing with that all by yourself. That is NOT a one-person job." I thought that was nice.

I guess we will have to factor in an hour of playtime at a park in Waco as both times she got very agitated and upset and then threw up at about the 2 hour mark. I don't know what else to do because not going to Dallas isn't really an option - we have to go to visit her grandparents at least every 2 months. Anyone have any ideas on how to keep her from throwing up?

Chrissy, I think you should apply to all those jobs - you know you are more than qualified and your boss is obviously not the best.

Bridget - I'm sorry that your brother had to experience such a terrifying thing.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    And thanks for the comments about Ky's eyes. He actually said he doesn't like the pic because he thinks he looks "like a puppy dog." He has my eyes, both he and Elle actually and I was so happy about that being they are one of my favorite physical features about myself. Elle was laughing and squinty so you don't see it as much on her.

Erin
    Those eyes are so beautiful! They are going to get him both in and out of trouble when he gets older!

It's a wonderful picture.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

23. Default

I confess I have ONE more shift before I am DONE with this job, and can stay home with my babies, and study!!

That must feel so good!! I hope the day goes by fast for you!!

Ok, this isn't as big a deal to me as it was yesterday, but I went down to move that computer like Frank (boss's boss) asked me yesterday and when I got down there he was already there! He had started moving stuff and continued even after I joined in. I thought I was supposed to be his backup when stuff like this happened and he had a meeting or something. At least, that's what he told John when he first approached John about 'borrowing' me from time to time. They're just trying to drive me crazy, and it's working!!

That sounds extremely frustrating Chrissy. I hate mind games.
    Woohoo Ash!

I'm just a little giddy right now--Joey's wife had their baby! Her name is Kira, isn't that pretty? Guess what! Her middle name is Katherine. That's my name! Know what else is funny? Josh's middle name is Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess I have ONE more shift before I am DONE with this job, and can stay home with my babies, and study!!
    So happy for you!!

Erin

Oh Erin I love your sig pic too. They're beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'm just a little giddy right now--Joey's wife had their baby! Her name is Kira, isn't that pretty? Guess what! Her middle name is Katherine. That's my name! Know what else is funny? Josh's middle name is Joseph.
    You're so cute! What a coincidence though!

We're having our annual staff picnic. Yay (not). It'll be bad chicken and bland salad. 11:30-1:30.

Oh yummy. Have fun!