Page 630 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 130 530 580 620628629630631632 640 680 730 1130 ... LastLast
Results 18,871 to 18,900 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Vitamin Water has a lot of calories! Crystal Lite doesn't.
    Oh, maybe it's Sobe water I'm thinking of. There's something I drink when I work out that has no calories.

I don't drink so much that I feel like I couldn't handle it if we had to take Josh to the hospital or something. By a few I mean like 2-3 weak mixed drinks or a couple glasses of wine.
    Josh gets on my case about the use of "a couple" and "a few". He takes it so literally that if I don't mean 2 exactly, I can't say a couple.

I drink 2-4 at a time, about once a month or so and my teens call me an alcoholic. They're brats!! (they're just kidding, of course, but the last time they did it on Facebook and I was like )

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I don't drink so much that I feel like I couldn't handle it if we had to take Josh to the hospital or something. By a few I mean like 2-3 weak mixed drinks or a couple glasses of wine.
    Josh gets on my case about the use of "a couple" and "a few". He takes it so literally that if I don't mean 2 exactly, I can't say a couple.
    My DH gets on my case for that too. LOL

Yeah I think I make my mixed drinks pretty strong....plus I don't metabolize alcohol the same as a normal person...with the bypass the first 6 feet of small intestine are still there but nothing goes through it and so alcohol hits me very quickly. Like DH and I can be drinking wine, I'm like you aren't feeling it at all and he says no. And I'm feeling it BIG time (and I do outweigh him by about 30-35 lbs though he does have a good deal more muscle than me). Even just one normal drink and I know that I have no business driving. So given that, plus that DH works nights and I will be home alone with the baby....yeah no drinking for me!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

More than double Jennifer! I see it like 12 times!! omg-too funny!!

It drives me batty when Rich refers to a few as a couple. I get testy and tell him, "a couple is two. we're a couple and it's just me and you."

Um YEAH. I did not do that! WTH is up with a gazillion of the same post?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I know! And it's not letting me clear them out. I was still typing when the suddenly there they were (and I'm on a desk top computer, not something more tricky like a phone!).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Ok, well at least I got them cleared. That was Weird!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I cleared your 12 extra posts. I don't know why that happened. Members cannot delete posts, so I did it for you and because I didn't want anyone else to have to scroll through all of that, even though you did edit them nicely.

Sometimes people with cell phones have trouble with double posts, but I've never seen it multiplied x 12.

Thanks Lydia! I have never seen that either. I was still typing and the screen started blinking and bam there they were!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

LOL I'm glad I missed the dodecagonal post
    I'm pretty sure I just gained back a lb. from dinner. DH wanted me to make fried chicken and white gravy. I had a piece of baked chicken, but I had some of the gravy and a small roll and a piece of fried skin

I think that sounds fine Kate.

It's not sitting well with me though I shouldn't have had something so rich right after that stomach bug. Oh well. I never could resist crunchy chicken skin.
    Just a note though, if a brining recipe tells you to put soy sauce in it, plus regular salt, skip the soy sauce. It made the whole thing taste like Chinese food and was way too salty.

Erin:

Love to you for the IBR info in the other thread. I think it will lower DH and my payments by about $200/month.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

15. Default

Thank you everyone....

I confess this made me think of Chrissy ---

OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that tattoo! It kinda pisses me off because I googled for geeky tattoos to get some kind of idea but they were all related to games. I'm not a gamer and found them insulting really. If only!! But I'm adamant I will only have 1 tattoo so...bummer.

I might steal it & post on Facebook that that's going to be my next tattoo as a funny though. :-)

It's not sitting well with me though I shouldn't have had something so rich right after that stomach bug. Oh well. I never could resist crunchy chicken skin.
    Just a note though, if a brining recipe tells you to put soy sauce in it, plus regular salt, skip the soy sauce. It made the whole thing taste like Chinese food and was way too salty.
    yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    Erin:

Love to you for the IBR info in the other thread. I think it will lower DH and my payments by about $200/month.

That is why I don't qualify....Mine are only 206 a month on the 25 year plan (been paying on them a while so not that many anymore). for us that is definitely affordable.

but my sister was at over 600 a month....more than half what she takes home and she has to pay health insurance out of pocket. I think that her's were down to maybe $20 a month. It is a pain to fill out the paperwork every year though.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Sorry about your aunt, Ashley.

LOL I'm glad I missed the dodecagonal post
    I don't think I've ever had occasion to use the word dodecagonal before! Love it!

While I'm ecstatically happy that DH is home, and he both cooks and cleans so I can't complain, I've entered the world of missing toothpaste tubes that are on the other side of the bathroom from where I keep them (and since I don't put glasses on before I shower I can't see to look for them), toilet lids that stay up so the dogs can drink out of the toilet, shower drains that should go down but stay up, etc. I'm trying to be patient but I am letting me know it drives me batty.

DH is also doing Paleo (he insists it's a lifestyle, not a diet - and he's not in it for weight loss but for "performance"). I'm not sure what I think of it. On a certain level it makes sense, but I am strongly resisting doing it myself. I insist on potatoes in my diet. I also know humans have continued to adapt to their environments, including diet, so I don't know how accurate it continues to be. But I love the fresh, non-processed food aspect of it and he has agreed to provide me with dairy and potatoes so it's all good as far as I'm concerned, but it is definitely a lifestyle change for him.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I could totally do the paleo diet except I'd miss bread, pasta and cheese Love seafood though...I could probably eat seafood every day.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that tattoo! It kinda pisses me off because I googled for geeky tattoos to get some kind of idea but they were all related to games. I'm not a gamer and found them insulting really. If only!! But I'm adamant I will only have 1 tattoo so...bummer.

I might steal it & post on Facebook that that's going to be my next tattoo as a funny though. :-)
    For the record, I wouldn't want that exact same tattoo, that size, or in that location. But I could have asked my artist to utilize the three 'flavors' of OS along with the ethernet cable. Ah well, such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    DH is also doing Paleo (he insists it's a lifestyle, not a diet - and he's not in it for weight loss but for "performance"). I'm not sure what I think of it. On a certain level it makes sense, but I am strongly resisting doing it myself. I insist on potatoes in my diet. I also know humans have continued to adapt to their environments, including diet, so I don't know how accurate it continues to be. But I love the fresh, non-processed food aspect of it and he has agreed to provide me with dairy and potatoes so it's all good as far as I'm concerned, but it is definitely a lifestyle change for him.
    What brought that on? Did he start while overseas?

I'm sure it's an adjustment having him home. You've been on your own for so long. I'm sure it'll get easier with time.

He actually started it before he left. He had to lose weight before he joined the guard - about 2 years ago. He mostly did the zone diet but was researching/doing some paleo along with it. He's now much, much more serious about the paleo and also combining with something similar called primal. He ate following those guidelines at the chow hall the whole time he was gone, so he's serious about it. Along with working out like a maniac. He looks amazing, though! So I am not complaining...

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

It looks like another low-carb, high protein diet with some refinements thrown in. Dh does really well on those diets (I think he's read up on paleo), and I lose weight pretty well too. I'm a big potato and pasta eater, and I don't cook them much any more. I still do them occasionally (tonight, for example, we had balsamic chicken and mushrooms over angel hair pasta), but pasta is not 50% of my meals like it used to be.

I know the mixed feelings about how it is to have a husband back after a long absence. My (ex) dh used to work summers away from me, because he could earn more money if he lived with my parents back home and worked there, and I would miss him like crazy. He'd come back and it would be wonderful, but I'd also remember things like how he'd spill coffee all over the counter and not clean it up--things I'd conveniently forget when it was only me in the house.

Dbf wants to go to New York for an old "friend's" wedding. I use quotes because he always talks like he doesn't like the guy. I don't like him at all. He's not a good person in so many ways. Ugh, all of these old insecurities are popping up and I'm having fear of him cheating on me again. I know he will balls out party, I know it.
    He thinks I'm being totally ridiculous. Of course. Much easier to put the crazy hat on me than admit he will likely be put in compromising situations out there.

Blargh. Sometimes I wish I had one of those sophisticated grown up relationships where this **** doesn't happen.
    Last edited by Bridget; 04-18-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Oh Bridget. I wish you didn't have to deal with it either.

Oh, Bridget. I wish you didn't have to worry so much.

I'm sorry Bridget. I'd be concerned about it too.

Glad to hear IBR helped you out Abbey!!

When I was a SAHM and DH wasn't making much money his payments were $0 per month, which is where they are now until they check our tax return this year and raise them (I hope not by much).

I read about the Paleo diet before and I could probably do it for a month and that is it. Even though I don't love bread or potatoes, I'm one of those people that if you tell me I can't have something, I long for it and will eventually pig out. So I just try not to eat too much sugar.

I may go on a fast though this weekend of low sodium V8 juice and water. I have been feeling really tired lately. It probably has to do with not sleeping enough but I am thinking I may feel better after not eating for a couple days. I've been so tired I haven't run in a couple week and I have a 5k coming up on May 7th and I am afraid I won't be able to run the whole way through, which is my goal.

Erin

So many people I know are doing a 5K! Good luck Erin!

Wow Erin, a 5k?! I didn't know you were a runner. I need to get back out there. If only it didn't rain every day