Page 503 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 34034534935015025035045055135536031003 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,090 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    That is really weird. Even baby Soren had some green bean casserole. Although I have to admit, I did serve him.
    I had to share that with dh...we both got a good laugh outta that!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I have a question and I'm hoping someone here might know the best thing to do. We're hoping to buy a house next spring, but our credit isn't perfect. We had a bankruptcy discharged in December 07. Not only that, but it had been a chapter 13 which we converted to a 7 so it appears legally twice on our credit. Boo...I know. What makes it worse is the last credit report I ran had it listed 3 times because in the midst of the 13 the office where it was filed was moved from one jurisdiction to another...nothing we did and not our fault, they just moved districts around and ours went from Utica, NY to Syracuse, Ny office. Even though I wrote the credit reporting agencies, they said they're valid because both offices still list them. So I'm stuck with what appears to be 3 bankruptcies on my credit and I'm not sure if there's a thing I can do about that 3rd one.

Since then we haven't defaulted on anything or fallen behind, but I know that due to the economic crisis and the bankruptcies it's going to be difficult to find a lender. Here's my question...who do I talk to for advice? Should I talk to our credit union, or the HSBC bank we have used for a few years, a realtor or mortgage broker? I've heard credit unions are probably more likely to loan to people with a BK on their credit, however I hesitate to run right to them because I don't want them running my credit and putting an inquiry there and then deny us. I know the more inquiries there are, the worse it will look and I want to avoid adding anything negative to our credit.

Thoughts? (yeah, I know avoiding bk in the 1st place would have been the wise thing to do, but what's done is done).

I have no idea Chrissy, but I hope someone else can help you!
    Josh told me he hates me...oy (I told him his computer time was up, OMG end of the world, and yes I did tell him how long he could play beforehand)

Conner is still on that kick every once in a while...over Thanksgiving he told my mom that he didn't like her. When she responded, "You don't like me?" he must have felt kinda bad because he said, "Only a little." I told him that was a hurtful thing to say but let it go. I'm sure he'll outgrow it.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I don't know, either Chrissy. I don't even know the best person to ask. google?

I don't know either, Chrissy. I am not a finance saavy person by any stretch of the imagination. I hope you can find someone to help you.

I'm having a moral dilemma. Except it's not. It's kind of a no brainer but I SUCK at this stuff. I took on a new little girl in my daycare about a month ago and mom has already been late on payment twice. And not just a day late but a week late. Also the child only comes sporadically and after mom's mile long message today about why she didn't drop of payment on friday she also said that the little girl is not coming next week at all and that her job has a lot of layoffs this time of year so not sure what the schedule will be. My part time families are on a pay when you come contract with sort of a good faith clause in the contract that if they consistently miss days I won't hold the spot for them.
    I have to drop them. She only comes for a couple of hours in the morning when she comes but it means I have to turn full time families away because my numbers in the morning are too high. I dread this call.
    Last edited by Bridget; 11-27-2010 at 07:57 PM.

I'm not sure who to ask either, that's why I posted here thinking maybe someone would know. It's ok...I'm sure I'll figure it out. We have a few months before anyone needs to be looking at our credit.

Bridget, I know it sucks but it's not your fault.

Sorry Bridget, I hope she's understanding. You're doing the right thing!

9. Default

Bridget. Thats really hard, but you ARE doing the right thing.

10. Default

I confess I have a date tomorrow!!! (different guy)

Ooo, have fun! Where are you going?

12. Default

We are actually going to get coffee in the cafe I work at. He doesn't know his way around this town very well, and we have the best coffee

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Wow, you are having the active social life! Woo hoo!

14. Default

It makes me smile! lol... I hadnt been on a date (other than last week) in almost 4 years

I confess, I finally got on the scale after nine months and it's depressing and not pretty. I've already stared exercising a few weeks ago, but now I'm going to start weight watchers online. I hate being fat.

Good luck Stacy! You can do it!

That crap about 9 months on, 9 months off is bs. I'm sure you'll succeed Stacy. I wish it were easy.

Yeah, it's only been eight weeks. But it looks like, as I've done twice in the past, I gained about fifty pounds. I lost half of that. Sigh.

Ugh, Stacy. I remember that feeling and I'm not looking forward to it again. It's hard work losing that weight. Have you had the time to swim?

Kai has officially dropped his nap. I'm quite sure he could still use one because the second he gets in the car at any time, he's out within minutes. But to get him to lay down and take a nap is a battle I'm not going to have any longer.
    So he's ready for bed around 5:30-6pm and bedtime is unbelievably simple because he's so tired. BUT he's up at 5am at the latest every.single.morning.

I confess I'm quite sure it will be years before I get to sleep in again.

I wish. Round trip, swimming would take two plus hours of my day. With the kids and the business, that's unrealistic. So Wii fit it is until I can lose enough to feel good running again.

You know, I think I will never sleep again. Oscar is up at six, so's Gus. Oscar refuses a nap, but I force rest time. He hangs in bed with his books for an hour.

I'm actually considering getting the Wii fit for the family for Christmas...it would be a huge surprise because I've been anti-game systems forever. But the Wii fit seems to be an exception...oh, and that's dance one. That looks like fun!

It's great when you're home with kids and want to get some exercise. My kid doesn't yet know there are real games for.it.

Stacy, I gained 50+ pounds with this pregnancy, and I was back to pre-pregnancy weight within 3 months. No exercise. I did give up chocolate for a while, though. And pasta.

I'm just now getting around to dropping the 20-30 lbs. I gained *after* I had Josh, when my eating habits went to hell. I have no self control when it comes to eating, but the exercise is easy for me.

Lydia, THANK YOU. I needed to hear that. Fun thing, weight watchers keeps your weight data even when you unsubscribe. So, when I reinstated my account this afternoon, I got to look at my weight after my first two kids... same thing and I had dropped all but the last ten pounds by four months with little effort. I can do this.

I worked my ass off to lose my baby weight both times. I'm already so self concious about my body, I can't bear to hold onto extra weight. I will obsess about it. And I'm already anticipating it being even harder this time because I'm old and tired.

I was supposed to lose 20 lbs in 12 weeks, but like I said...no self control.

It's a lot easier only having healthy things in the house and not going out for snacks, not going to shopping centers with Starbucks, etc. I have to admit, my first two weeks without chocolate I was thinking about it all the time, but I kept reminding myself it takes about two weeks to really re-set a habit. And after that, it was much easier. And then every time the thought crossed my mind, I thought about how I didn't want to go through that painful two week process again.