Page 484 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 384 434 474482483484485486 494 534 584 984 ... LastLast
Results 14,491 to 14,520 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Thanks, Gwenn. No worries abou that though. We'd never give Koa to the pound. I honestly can't think of a scenario where I'd give any animal to the pound.
    The woman helping us emailed me today and said there are 2 families that want him so they are seeing which one would be the best match. One has a 15 year old and one has no children. It sounds like a really strict program. They have to commit to visits from the trainer, high quality dog food, and behavior modification training.

Wow, that's awesome! Sounds like a great program!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Speaking of pets, my mom got kittens and I'm irritated with how she's handling it. She doesn't want to feed them the expensive food the shelter gave her because she can't get more at the grocery store. She doesn't want them to scratch her furniture but she laughed when I suggested putting tape on the couch to deter them. I know it would be ugly, but if it saves the furniture...
    She said they were "kind of pathetic" the first day she got them because they hid under the couch. She played her weird music loudly like she always does and constantly tried to talk to them loudly instead of letting them feel the place out. She said she wouldn't make the place quiet because they'd have to get used to it sometime. Yeah but...the first day?
    The place made her sign a thing that said she wouldn't declaw them, but she said if they scratch anything she'd consider getting them declawed.
    I don't understand why she wants kittens so bad if she's not even willing to accomodate them...

It's too bad she can't even take some time to let the kittens get used to her - I hope things go okay.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Well, she has always had cats and she emailed me today and said they were out of hiding and they had both sat on her lap earlier (she only got them a few days ago, when I was up there). I think they'll be fine...I just feel kind of bad that she's not being a little more gradual with the process.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I'm frustrated. Since our dog bit Kai, I'm trying to figure out a way to find Koa a new home. I put an ad on craigslist with a rehoming fee but then spoke to the woman who helped us train him and she said she'd help us. She told me there are several puppy mills in our area (he's not fixed yet) and she'd stay away from craigslist. I trust her. She said she has several people in mind that are adult only households that would likely love to have our sweet dog. But no rehoming fee because they'll have to get him fixed. I'm fine with that. The always understood the rehoming fee on craigslist just to be some sort of semi futile grasp that you'd get someone who really wanted the dog because they are willing to pay.
    So while on one hand dbf is being all sad and upset that we have to get rid of Koa because he loves him so much. And I can sympathize because I love Koa too but he bit my child. He needs to be a different, loving home. So it's become this whole vibe that I'm being the bad guy because I will not sway and I want to let our trainer help us rehome him.
    On the other hand, he wants to "get some of the money back" we paid for Koa. Meaning, sell him on craigslist. How can he choose money over a guarantee that Koa goes to a good place? And at the same time make me feel guilty that I won't let Koa stay. It just makes no sense to me and it disturbs me.

I feel really alone with this process.
    I agree, that sounds nonsensical and disturbing. I hope Koa's new home is perfect for him so you can rest easy that you did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I got my boudoir pics, at least the digital copies. If anyone cares to take a gander, let me know & I'll send you the link and the password to view them. Just be warned, in 1 I'm nearly naked. All the 'fun' parts are covered, but it leaves nothing to the imagination. May very well be tmi for some

I would like input on choosing which ones to have printed. Right now I have 4 and will hopefully be purchasing 6 more. The 4 I have are in color and black & white. I need to choose which to have printed & framed and I really cannot pick!
    I wanna see! I'd love to do something like that for DH in about - 30 lbs from now.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Speaking of pets, my mom got kittens and I'm irritated with how she's handling it. She doesn't want to feed them the expensive food the shelter gave her because she can't get more at the grocery store. She doesn't want them to scratch her furniture but she laughed when I suggested putting tape on the couch to deter them. I know it would be ugly, but if it saves the furniture...
    She said they were "kind of pathetic" the first day she got them because they hid under the couch. She played her weird music loudly like she always does and constantly tried to talk to them loudly instead of letting them feel the place out. She said she wouldn't make the place quiet because they'd have to get used to it sometime. Yeah but...the first day?
    The place made her sign a thing that said she wouldn't declaw them, but she said if they scratch anything she'd consider getting them declawed.
    I don't understand why she wants kittens so bad if she's not even willing to accomodate them...
    Ew. Declawing cats is like cutting off their fingers. It's really a cruel thing to do, IMO.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I got my boudoir pics, at least the digital copies. If anyone cares to take a gander, let me know & I'll send you the link and the password to view them. Just be warned, in 1 I'm nearly naked. All the 'fun' parts are covered, but it leaves nothing to the imagination. May very well be tmi for some

I would like input on choosing which ones to have printed. Right now I have 4 and will hopefully be purchasing 6 more. The 4 I have are in color and black & white. I need to choose which to have printed & framed and I really cannot pick!

You're so brave! I want to see them! I have been having a hard time lately feeling like a completely neutered and non-sexual being. I weigh twenty pounds more than I should and my body never bounced back from pg and I can't imagine taking boudoir photos the way I feel now -you are too cool to do that!

I hope that they made you feel fabulous!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Thanks, Gwenn. No worries abou that though. We'd never give Koa to the pound. I honestly can't think of a scenario where I'd give any animal to the pound.
    The woman helping us emailed me today and said there are 2 families that want him so they are seeing which one would be the best match. One has a 15 year old and one has no children. It sounds like a really strict program. They have to commit to visits from the trainer, high quality dog food, and behavior modification training.
    That does sound like a good program. I'm sure Koa will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Ugh. It seems like she'd want them to feel comfortable and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    You're so brave! I want to see them! I have been having a hard time lately feeling like a completely neutered and non-sexual being. I weigh twenty pounds more than I should and my body never bounced back from pg and I can't imagine taking boudoir photos the way I feel now -you are too cool to do that!

I hope that they made you feel fabulous!
    It was definitely a bizarre experience, and I don't mean that in a negative way. It was fun and I learned first hand that 'modeling' can be tedious and a lot of work. So many things I wouldn't have thought about-like not actually resting my face on my hand so as not to pull my check up. And getting shaky while the photography snapped many pics. I didn't choose that pose for this bunch though...there are 6 more I'd like to buy before Christmas.

My body isn't perfect, but I keep telling myself that some day when I'm in my 60's I'll probably love that I have these photographs. Heck, I love having them now but I'm sure it'll just grow with age. I can have one on my nightstand at the senior home lol

So far, so good with Rich. I'm still not believing that everything is going to magically be better, but it amazes me how much of a different person he is when he's not drinking. I am starting to feel a little smothered though, because he's overcompensating with the affection. I need to tell him he doesn't have anything to make up for. Just don't do it again.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I wanna see! I'd love to do something like that for DH in about - 30 lbs from now.
    I tried to send you the info, but your inbox is full.

Tell her about softpaws. They're little covers for their claws that you superglue on. They actually work.

We got back last night from a hard weekend....we didn't have a service for my favorite uncle but did have a small family gathering. When mom and I were picking up food, mom said it had crossed her mind several times that someone needed to go pick him up (he didn't drive and he ALWAYS came over when we were in town). We got some books from him...one is like an encycolopedia of witchcraft and demonology...I got the postcard he saved that I sent to him from Paris 16 years ago and a few other little things.

So we get back last night and I find out that my MIL's DH wants a divorce. Big shocker there...I knew things weren't perfect and that there were issues mostly started two years ago when he got prostrate cancer and had surgery for that (and he was only early 40's so pretty young but his older brother died from prostate cancer). There is no body else but he says he loves her but isn't in love anymore and wants to basically go out every night with theater friends and do plays (he's very into community theater).
    Now MIL has to start looking for a new job as she moved to Chicago to be with him but all her friends and family are in Milwaukee (or eventually she will want to be with us since DH is her only child....once her parents are gone). The big kicker will be health insurance and at least he said he will give it time before the divorce so she can get set up and get health insurance....she's not old enough yet for medicare but no way could she get it privately. They will have to deal with splitting up all the furniture and selling the house....not the greatest time for that.
    I just wish that there was more that we could do for her other than just listen and be supportive. She knows that if she wanted to or needed to, she could always stay with us.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

It's so sad when relationships fall apart. They invariably affect those around them as well. If she's really stuck for medical coverage, I know some people that were ordered to continue medical coverage for their ex spouse for a certain period of time following a divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Tell her about softpaws. They're little covers for their claws that you superglue on. They actually work.
    Thanks, I'll let her know.

14. Default

I confess I am in love!!!!

With Sara Bareilles album Kaleidoscope Heart

Glad you like it!

I confess that one of my former daycare families came to visit me yesterday. They have a 3 year old and have a 2 month old. The reason they left is only because I'm having my baby just as her maternity leave is up and since my exact plan is uncertain at this point, neither of us thought it wise to start her new baby with me at such a huge transition time. She told me under no uncertain terms that they want to come back and as soon as I know my plans or as soon as I'm ready to take them...she wants to come back. It made me feel really good but a little sad that they possibly aren't finding good care somewhere else.
    On a side note though she told me she took the baby to the chiropracter (sp?) to be adjusted because she has eating issues (formula fed, possible dairy allergy) and only turned her head one way. I was so surprised to hear that a baby would go to chiro? Have you all ever heard of this? I asked her what he did and she said he just adjusted babe the same as he would a grown up but very gently. ????

Bridget, I had Gus adjusted when he was 8 days old, when I went to have my pelvis adjusted. They get pretty torqued on the way out, and the adjustments are SO gentle (if you use a good chiro). It's like no more pressure than you would use to test the ripeness of a tomato. There are really good studies that show an improvement in babies with colic.

Thanks for reminding me, we're both due another adjustment...

How totally interesting. I never knew.

So in my daycare bathroom there is a shower in the corner. We don't use it since this is just for the daycare. Last week Savana was using the toilet and Kai was flipping out because he had to pee so I told him to pee in the drain.
    All day today he's been going in there and peeing in the drain. I've been pretending not to notice because I really don't want to have that battle and he's had no accidents today. He usually has to change his underwear a half dozen times because he never makes it on time. Today he's dry all day.
    Sigh.

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    There are really good studies that show an improvement in babies with colic.

Thanks for reminding me, we're both due another adjustment...
    I have been told I should look into taking Charlie to the chiro for how much she pops too... (like cracking knuckles type popping.) I can just pick her up, and hear her shoulders do it.

Until just a few months ago, I had never heard of it either Bridget!

Do they have osteopaths in the US? I used one for my sciatic pain and have heard they are good for adjusting babies as well.

Speaking of new music, I am totally in love with Bruno Mars right now
    I bought his LP a while ago and his new album is mostly his songs off the LP with some minor changes. The only new song I really like is Grenade, and I love the remixes of his LP songs.

23. Default

I confess I am so pissed off I am shaking...............

So I saw that B wrote on the girls FB wall for Charlies bday.

I was going to delete their page a while ago but decided not to since I am not friends with B. It would be a way he could see pics without having to friend him.

Anyways. I was looking at his page (which yes, I realize I shouldn't do) but I see this conversation happening where B basically tells his friend that I am a b!tch, wont let him see or talk to the girls, that I kidnapped them when I moved back to WY (to my f***ed up family), and that he is getting a job to get a lawyer so he can fight for full custody.

All of this after telling his friend that he just got out of a 67 day stint in jail because he didn't show up for court (on a felony charge).

Oh Jesus. What a loser. Of course he has to act like it's all your fault. A deadbeat dad is never going to admit that he's the one at fault.
    I'm sorry you had to read that. Try not to let it bother you too much. I'm sure anyone who knows him knows he's full of it.

I'm sorry

I'm sorry you had to read that too.

I wish I had heard of baby chiros when Bobbie had colic. Maybe they didn't do it back in '93.

Bridget, I wouldn't worry about Kai peeing in the shower. It can't hurt anything. Many adults do it

27. Default

Bridget, I wouldn't worry about Kai peeing in the shower. It can't hurt anything. Many adults do it
    Like Chrissy?....

(I always interpret that smiley that chrissy used as a sly yet proud kind of smile)

I have on occasion, but I distinctly remember Lina's "free the pee" thread. There were many shower-pee'ers there.

Oh I totally pee in the shower but only when I'm taking a shower! He's just going over the drain and peeing! I suppose it's easier for him then hoisting up to the potty because he's so little. He can't stand and pee in the toilet. And with the little stool he's too high.

It's just new. The only thing I would worry about would be odor. Maybe run the shower periodically to keep it 'flushed' out?