Page 483 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3834334734814824834844854935335839831483 ... LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,490 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post

Mama's rock.
    Dude, she attended all three of my births.

Stacy. It's wonderful she could be there for all 3 births.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

My mom was there for Savana's, took care of Savana for Kai's. They both came out with perfect timing for her trip from wisconsin to hawaii.

I sure will miss her this time.

Y'all sound like y'all have wonderful mommas. I'm envious. My mom has never been motherly to me and I sure feel like I missed out on something there.

Oh and hey Janeen. I was wondering why you abandoned us in here...we've missed ya!

I shall not abandon anymore!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

James was my moms 10th grandchild. She has never seen one of them be born though so that was important to me when James was born.

Unfortunately, we ended in a c-section so that still didn't happen. Here's to the next try!
    Last edited by Janeen; 10-24-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Here's some pics from last night if anyone wants to take a gander.

Good. It's less work for me to stalk you then if we see you here, J!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Good. It's less work for me to stalk you then if we see you here, J!
    Especially if I post links and stuff, huh?

LOL Janeen! I love the pics, especially the one where he's toppled over.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    LOL Janeen! I love the pics, especially the one where he's toppled over.

So I'm really pleased with the things they are teaching Josh at his church school. Today he came home with a seashell and he said "This came from the Earth and I am supposed to take care of it. I'm going to put it in the window where it can be in the sunlight and where mommy and daddy can see it."

So I'm really pleased with the things they are teaching Josh at his church school. Today he came home with a seashell and he said "This came from the Earth and I am supposed to take care of it. I'm going to put it in the window where it can be in the sunlight and where mommy and daddy can see it."
    I think that's super cool.

I think I have to be more conscientious about recycling and things like that or Josh is going to be upset with me!

Hugs, Bridget. I know it's not the same, but will your dad and brother be around?

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Hugs, Bridget. I know it's not the same, but will your dad and brother be around?
    Thanks, Stacy. Yes, they'll be around. And they are both amazing men. It's just an hour drive for them so I know they'd both be here in a moments notice. My dad said to me, "I'll be there. But do I have to be there?" which I thought was hilarious and I assured him he didn't have to watch the birth.
    My brother said, "Not to weird you out or anything but I think I could handle, like, holding your hand or whatever if you need me to." Though I think I'll pass on the offer, it means the world to me.

It's interesting how vastly different we can be in our preferences for who's there and who's not when we give birth. Both my father and brother were there and saw Sydney be born. My father even cut her cord.

You couldn't have paid me to allow my mother in the room though.

I'm frustrated. Since our dog bit Kai, I'm trying to figure out a way to find Koa a new home. I put an ad on craigslist with a rehoming fee but then spoke to the woman who helped us train him and she said she'd help us. She told me there are several puppy mills in our area (he's not fixed yet) and she'd stay away from craigslist. I trust her. She said she has several people in mind that are adult only households that would likely love to have our sweet dog. But no rehoming fee because they'll have to get him fixed. I'm fine with that. The always understood the rehoming fee on craigslist just to be some sort of semi futile grasp that you'd get someone who really wanted the dog because they are willing to pay.
    So while on one hand dbf is being all sad and upset that we have to get rid of Koa because he loves him so much. And I can sympathize because I love Koa too but he bit my child. He needs to be a different, loving home. So it's become this whole vibe that I'm being the bad guy because I will not sway and I want to let our trainer help us rehome him.
    On the other hand, he wants to "get some of the money back" we paid for Koa. Meaning, sell him on craigslist. How can he choose money over a guarantee that Koa goes to a good place? And at the same time make me feel guilty that I won't let Koa stay. It just makes no sense to me and it disturbs me.

I feel really alone with this process.
    Last edited by Bridget; 10-24-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Bridget I'm sorry. It seems to me that he's just saying whatever he can to make you feel worse.

I wish I knew how to help you, Bridget. I thought maybe you could try to give Koa to someone on APA. Maybe someone here without children would love to have her(?)

I got my boudoir pics, at least the digital copies. If anyone cares to take a gander, let me know & I'll send you the link and the password to view them. Just be warned, in 1 I'm nearly naked. All the 'fun' parts are covered, but it leaves nothing to the imagination. May very well be tmi for some

I would like input on choosing which ones to have printed. Right now I have 4 and will hopefully be purchasing 6 more. The 4 I have are in color and black & white. I need to choose which to have printed & framed and I really cannot pick!

I wish I knew how to help you, Bridget. I thought maybe you could try to give Koa to someone on APA. Maybe someone here without children would love to have her(?)
    Our trainer will find him a good home, I've no doubt about that. Dbf is just being difficult. In my opinion he should be stepping up and taking the bulk of this responsibility since it happened on his watch. I'm just upset that he's not more upset that Kai got bit.

And Chrissy, I wanna see!!!

Ooh, I'll look Chrissy. I'd like to see if I could have some done, too!

I'd like to see them too Chrissy!

Ooo, I want to see!

I nearly had a heart attack when the doctors office called about my urine sample that I had to take in today...thought they were going to say "you're pregnant." LOL..turns out they think I have a uti and need another sample...they always think I might have a uti as my white blood count is always higher than average...any way...what a relief! LOL

That would scare the crap outta me too. That's the last thing I need or want right now.

That happened to me once, too! Scary. LOL

Koa sounds like a sweetheart and I would love her I'm sure and but with Gwennie's issues and DH gone I'm not in a spot to take in another animal right now. That being said, if you can't find her a home, let me know as I'd rather take her than see her go to the pound.

Chrissy, I'd love to see!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12