Page 412 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3123624024104114124134144224625129121412 ... LastLast
Results 12,331 to 12,360 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    That is so difficult, I wouldn't know what to do either but I'm usually of the camp of if I cut you off and decide not to talk to you anymore, then I'm not going to talk to you anymore period unless you say hi to me and I respond with a similar greeting. Fortunately though, this has never occurred with any family member or in-law, just easily dispensable people, like random friends or co-workers.

Erin
    That's exactly how I am. I have no trouble cutting people out...but I really struggle with letting them back in again once I've rid myself of them. I've been trying to remember when I ever have...

eta: I decided to leave it up to Rich. He's exchanged phone numbers with her, but said that's all he'll do. If she does call or write him again I'll leave it up to him to decide if he wants to invite her over for a bbq.

I have to keep reminding myself that I really did like her. It's not her fault her mom is a fruitloop.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 07-12-2010 at 07:11 AM.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

2. Default

I confess I got a link when I was checking my email to the top 100 "best cities" to live in, in the US... http://money.cnn.com/magazines/money...e/2010/top100/

3 of my top 5 places that I would move to are on that list!!!!! I'm kind of excited about that.

I found the first video flat out stupid, and all I could wonder was how a full time mom of two who works can find the time to do that. I barely find the time to get on here anymore and talk about relevant things, let along scripting a bunch of purposeless videos.

Anyway.

Chrissy, I think you have it right. It's Rich's call. I'm in that boat with my DH. He needs to make decisions about how to deal with his dad and I'll follow along (as long as it's not too much time with the guy).

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess I got a link when I was checking my email to the top 100 "best cities" to live in, in the US... http://money.cnn.com/magazines/money...e/2010/top100/

3 of my top 5 places that I would move to are on that list!!!!! I'm kind of excited about that.
    Which ones????
    My city is on the list........

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

what videos?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post

Eden Prairie! I have family there! I'd move back to Minnesota in a second.

And ladies, please stop talking about the videos in here.

There were a number of burbs from the Twin Cities on that list!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    And ladies, please stop talking about the videos in here.
    Okay. Why?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Which ones????
    My city is on the list........
    Overland Park, KS
    Lee's Summit, MO (This is actually where I was living when B asked for a divorce)
    and Blue Springs, MO (this is where MIL was living when we moved to MO)

My city used to be on that list...or maybe it was from a different organization (the list that is)

I have started walking...hoping to keep it up, and do at least 2 miles every day, and hopefully more.

I have also cut sugar and white flour out of my diet again, I should probably quit the corn too.. I was feeling physically crappy...like joint ache and muscle pain..weird dreams. I think it's too much sugar. Currently munching on some carrots celery and hummus. Maybe I'll also take this baby weight off in a couple months, instead of a year like last time.
    Just Midge

Midge I love your siggy pic! Too precious!!

Ithaca is definitely on some favorites lists. Maybe it isn't large enough for that one? Do you know what the population is here?

w/o the students, we weigh in at a hefty 29,000

It feels like more than that though, with the super awesome undergrads and their super awesome SUV's Although it is them, and their parents money that keep you and I employed.

Oh,and thanks about the photo I love my cutie girls. They make me want to have more babies...but I think Danny gave me the "not a chance" the other night. Actually, he said "not a chance" but I get what I want...sooo....
    Last edited by midgeend; 07-12-2010 at 12:19 PM.
    Just Midge

Midge, you are funny. And your girls are beautiful. I pause to take a look every time I come in here.

Savana has informed me that she needs to know if I'm having a boy or a girl. Dbf and I have pretty much decided we aren't going to find out. Last night in bed she was getting all worked up about it. "There are too many things to think about, Mom. I need to know."

She's so cute!

Midge, you do make cute babies. I think you should have 5 more.

LOL Bridget, maybe you could take her to the ultrasound and she can find out but you don't have to know. Or would she be terrible at keeping that secret?
    I can't imagine not finding out! I'd go crazy.

Steph, I think you should have 10 more

I don't know how people wait till the end...I know many do it, but they have far more strength than I!!

Savana can NOT keep a secret. Especially not from me. I love how honest she is. My cousin was over this weekend and had given Savana a spoon with some frosting on it. She wasn't being sneaky or anything but I'd never have even known had Savana not said to me the second I walked in the kitchen, "I just had frosting on a spoon without asking you first." My cousin said, "It was just a bite."
    Savana said, "Well, actually it was a big spoon and it took me 2 bites."

It's good to know I'm not the only one who feels stressed by the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I confess I want to buy a plush (won't call it stuffed) bear in my DH's uniform to keep me company while he's gone. Is that totally juvenile, silly, and a waste of money? Cause I'll probably do it anyway!
    The first day of my honey moon dh and I went to build a bear. He made a Shanna(h) Bear in a wedding dress and I made a Nick Bear in a tux. Then on my first Mother's Day (of half mother's day, I was pregnant), we went back to the same build a bear and made a Patrick Bear to be Robbie's little buddy. Patrick is Robbie's middle name.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I think the bear is really cute. At first I was picturing a man sized bear wearing your dh's actual uniform. Then I realized he probably has his uniform with him and that something like that would actually be kind of scary.

Savana has informed me that she needs to know if I'm having a boy or a girl. Dbf and I have pretty much decided we aren't going to find out. Last night in bed she was getting all worked up about it. "There are too many things to think about, Mom. I need to know."
    She is too funny and smart. I think you should find out just for her...and me...I hate not knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    LOL Bridget, maybe you could take her to the ultrasound and she can find out but you don't have to know. Or would she be terrible at keeping that secret?
    I can't imagine not finding out! I'd go crazy.
    Me too. I need to know, even if it is just so my baby can start being a he/she instead of an it.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

I'm another in the need to know camp! One of my closest friends will be finding out next month...I can't wait to think of baby as a he or she. My other friend didn't find out and it drove me crazy. It was way too hard to buy her any presents because all the really cute stuff was very gendered.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Savana can NOT keep a secret. Especially not from me. I love how honest she is. My cousin was over this weekend and had given Savana a spoon with some frosting on it. She wasn't being sneaky or anything but I'd never have even known had Savana not said to me the second I walked in the kitchen, "I just had frosting on a spoon without asking you first." My cousin said, "It was just a bite."
    Savana said, "Well, actually it was a big spoon and it took me 2 bites."
    That is so cute!!

I'm another need-to-know. I couldn't possibly wait.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Bridget, the frosting story is too much!! She is the cutest thing ever.

Finding out the gender of my babies is the only thing in my entire life that I have been totally patient about. I think the fact that there's nothing you can do to change the outcome of what gender you get (not that I would want to...but it's either or) makes it okay for me to wait. Things that I have control over, are the things that I'm impatient about....
    Just Midge

I was sooo impatient about finding out the gender. I'm insanely curious by nature and can't deal with not knowing something.

I've been slacking off on this thread. I've had a really nice couple of weeks, traveling a bit, meeting up with friends and generally keeping busy. We only get 3 months of decent weather in this country, so I try to make the most of it while it lasts!

Well I heard the heartbeat tonight at my appointment!!!
    I brought dbf to meet my midwife and he was completely unenthusiastic. It was embarassing. He just sat there looking totally bored. When the midwife asked him if he had any questions and he said, "This is all her." Really, Dipstick? I could have sworn we were in this together. After we left he said the whole idea of having the baby at home is just too much for him to handle. I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth it or if I should just go with the hospital birth. I was really excited about doing the homebirth and he said he'd support me in whatever I decided. But if tonight is any indication of his level of support, it seems I'll be pretty much alone. I so wish my mom was here.

On a happy note, the midwife let Savana squirt the glop to use the doppler thing and Savana and Kai were both crowded around my belly and got really, really excited when they heard it.

Bridget, I'm so happy for your kids!!

Do you have any close friends that could be there as your coach for your home birth? I don't want that _____ to ruin it for you. He is making me angry. I'm sorry.

DH would say the same thing if I did something like that. Not because he wouldn't care but because he wouldn't know the first thing to ask a midwife. He's actually pretty glad he had no part in the birthing process LOL
    Guys just don't know how to handle it, sometimes.

Bridget, what about a doula? Don't let that asshole ruin this birth for you. If you wanna do it at home, then you should.

From what little I know about him, I doubt he would be any more involved at the hospital than he would be at home.

You need to do what you feel is best, because I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter what you want he is going to find something wrong with it. I'll stop now, but I'm steaming out of my ears on your behalf.

Well I heard the heartbeat tonight at my appointment!!!
    I brought dbf to meet my midwife and he was completely unenthusiastic. It was embarassing. He just sat there looking totally bored. When the midwife asked him if he had any questions and he said, "This is all her." Really, Dipstick? I could have sworn we were in this together. After we left he said the whole idea of having the baby at home is just too much for him to handle. I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth it or if I should just go with the hospital birth. I was really excited about doing the homebirth and he said he'd support me in whatever I decided. But if tonight is any indication of his level of support, it seems I'll be pretty much alone. I so wish my mom was here.

On a happy note, the midwife let Savana squirt the glop to use the doppler thing and Savana and Kai were both crowded around my belly and got really, really excited when they heard it.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I am thinking that I will have to get a doula no matter what. It might even be better for dbf to hang with the kids (though I'm not sure wild horses will be able to keep Savana out of the room) and me just be with my midwife and doula.

Go for the home birth. I don't think I'll ever get one, so I need to live vicariously through my apa mommas! At the very least I would go to a birthing center, not the hospital.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten