Page 411 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401409410411412413 421 461 511 911 1411 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,330 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Shanna(h) View Post
    I confess that these types of threads (long random ones) stress me out. My brain can't handle how there are several 'conversations' at one time. Sometimes I feel kind of lost or get a little anxiety (I have anxiety problems anyway). So I'm always reading, rarely posting.

I also confess that I wish I didn't have neighbors could I be topless outside all the time.
    I feel the same way. Sometimes I don't comment because there is something else I feel I should comment about as well and I don't want to leave out anything or anyone so I just don't comment at all.

I also would like to be topless more often LOL.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Shanna(h) View Post
    I confess that these types of threads (long random ones) stress me out. My brain can't handle how there are several 'conversations' at one time. Sometimes I feel kind of lost or get a little anxiety (I have anxiety problems anyway). So I'm always reading, rarely posting.

I also confess that I wish I didn't have neighbors could I be topless outside all the time.

I feel the same way about the endless threads. I almost never used to post in them because I always felt either totally lost, or like Erin said, like I would be offensive if I just butted in...

But then, I just butted into this one - because I was tired of being afraid of not being a part of the secular community here because I didn't want to post on the neverending thread.

They are sooo hard to keep up with though. I've been thinking of taking an internet break, and I know any of the nets will be like german to me when I come back.
    Just Midge

Gosh, I think I feel bad because I never worry about that. I tend to think about it more like a conversation in a room. I don't feel obligated to comment on everything that everyone says. Sometimes it's okay to just "listen" and say nothing. I'm sorry for those of you who feel overwhelmed.

I confess Savana has been narrating her play. While I was cooking breakfast this morning her and Kai were running around the room and heard her say, "And Savana and Kai leapt over the sleeping horse into the new spring meadow." Her descriptives are awesome.

I suddenly hat my living room. Hate it. I want slipcovers for my couches because we can't afford, nor do we really want to have the stress of new furniture and young children, dog, cat. I also hate the rug so I'm on a mad hunt for one today. I really want an oval shaped, wool, braided one. I know they are kind of old fashioned looking but I really like them.
    Chrissy, I hope Jess is feeling better!

You guys, it's ok if you don't comment on each and every thing that comes up. I know I don't expect everyone to know what we're all doing.

I do feel bad if I miss something big and later see others posting a reply. It generally works out that someone posts something sad, then I post nonsense and look insensitive. It's really that I just missed it.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Lydia, is this the trip where your dad was going to go alone with them?

I confess Oscar cracks me up. He made a collage this morning, then told me "It's of a girl looking in the mirror, and she's all, sort of, messed around. I did it in cubism."

I also confess I guess there's some miscellaneous toomuchtimeonmyhands APA video animation things that mention me and I don't have the time or energy to view them all to see if I should feel slandered or not.

And no offense to anyone, but rather than stress out about these threads, I just scan them pretty randomly and hope to catch the high points.

I LOVE Oscar! What a cool kid!

Oscar is little genius. I love it!!
    Just Midge

Where he got the term cubism I do not know :p

shutterbird Guest

LOL@ Oscar. He's awesome.

I confess I started playing ZooWorld on FB last night (Saturday night) because my life is just that lame.

I have such a quandry. My best friend in the world has 2 kids around the same age as Savana and Kai. They are really wild and the older one is really destructive in his play. Every time they come over, things get broken. Every time. They broke the wooden ukelele Savana got for her first birthday, they pulled the cord off the light on Kai's ceiling (standing on his bed) they've broken our sliding door screen twice and our front door screen once. I mean, it's totally crazy and the list does not include the things we've been able to fix.
    It's getting to the point that I don't even want them here anymore and I feel terrible because I love them so much but it's not even fun for me while they are here. I'm so stressed out and I'm the only one that even addresses any issues that happen between the kids so it's honestly like a workday for me.
    And Savana often tells me after they leave about things that the older son says/does that I just can't stand. Calling people stupid jerks and things like that. The problem is clearly a lack of boundaries. But I am not about to address her parenting. She is the most sensitive person in the world and I just can't.
    We're having a party next weekend on saturday that they are coming to and I am already wondering what is going to happen this time.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I also confess I guess there's some miscellaneous toomuchtimeonmyhands APA video animation things that mention me and I don't have the time or energy to view them all to see if I should feel slandered or not.
    Well I wanna know.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    LOL@ Oscar. He's awesome.

I confess I started playing ZooWorld on FB last night (Saturday night) because my life is just that lame.
    I agree, Oscar is often and whenever I read about his antics or sayings, I grin.

I'm on Mafia Wars, so I can relate.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I have such a quandry. My best friend in the world has 2 kids around the same age as Savana and Kai. They are really wild and the older one is really destructive in his play. Every time they come over, things get broken. Every time. They broke the wooden ukelele Savana got for her first birthday, they pulled the cord off the light on Kai's ceiling (standing on his bed) they've broken our sliding door screen twice and our front door screen once. I mean, it's totally crazy and the list does not include the things we've been able to fix.
    It's getting to the point that I don't even want them here anymore and I feel terrible because I love them so much but it's not even fun for me while they are here. I'm so stressed out and I'm the only one that even addresses any issues that happen between the kids so it's honestly like a workday for me.
    And Savana often tells me after they leave about things that the older son says/does that I just can't stand. Calling people stupid jerks and things like that. The problem is clearly a lack of boundaries. But I am not about to address her parenting. She is the most sensitive person in the world and I just can't.
    We're having a party next weekend on saturday that they are coming to and I am already wondering what is going to happen this time.
    Oh Bridget. If you don't say something, this will continue.

I confess I'm back from Florida.

I don't stress about jumping in or keeping up, but I feel bad if I miss somebody when I respond. I always feel like people take it personally or something if I don't respond to everyone, but I've never noticed that people actually do this. So I'm just not going to let it bother me - if I miss commenting, I miss commenting. No big deal.

That's adorable about Oscar. And Savana.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

14. Default

I confess work totally stressed me out today, and its not even something that directly affects me... at least not yet...

I confess I dont know if that is the proper affects ^^ or if it should have been effects...

I confess I HATE that I can never remember the proper one.

I can't ever remember it either. The only one I know is "he had a flat affect" because I typed that one 890 million times when I worked in the mental health clinic.

If that's the worst thing I mess up grammatically, I'm not going to worry about it. Sometimes I type slang (ain't and 'cause) because I know it irritates people.

You got it right. "Affects" is an action, "effects" is a thing.

Sorry you were stressed out at work.

I went and dug up those videos and I totally don't think they're funny. I know why they are supposed to be funny ... they just aren't. I was thinking I was the only one who felt that way but apparently I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    "he had a flat affect"
    That's another definition that I didn't think of! Sad thing is, I type that in evaluation reports fairly often!

I have to say the older I get, the less I find it appropriate when I see/hear people call other people out on grammar. You understand what they were saying, so just give it a rest. Nobody types perfectly 100% of the time.

I confess I want to buy a plush (won't call it stuffed) bear in my DH's uniform to keep me company while he's gone. Is that totally juvenile, silly, and a waste of money? Cause I'll probably do it anyway!

19. Default

Not at all!! Have you seen the soldier dolls? A friend of mine got one for while her husband was gone, and its like a stuffed miniature soldier with the guys face

I did see those but somehow to me the bears are less creepy. Not sure why.

This is the one I want - I just think it's cute. And I like that you can pick the exact uniform.

I think the bear is really cute. At first I was picturing a man sized bear wearing your dh's actual uniform. Then I realized he probably has his uniform with him and that something like that would actually be kind of scary.

I just watched the little apa movies and actually didn't find them funny at all. I didn't find them offensive or anything, they just didn't make me laugh. I'm a humor snob. A lot of movies that are supposed to be funny don't make me laugh either. Stacy, you were mentioned in a vague, non specific way while the two characters are discussing a circ thread.

I saw the first video. Are there more? It was cute. I don't really stress myself out about those things. If people think enough of me to put me in a video, I'm flattered. LOL

I think the bear is really cute. At first I was picturing a man sized bear wearing your dh's actual uniform. Then I realized he probably has his uniform with him and that something like that would actually be kind of scary.
    Oh, that would be scary! No, just a little bear!

I just watched the little apa movies and actually didn't find them funny at all. I didn't find them offensive or anything, they just didn't make me laugh. I'm a humor snob. A lot of movies that are supposed to be funny don't make me laugh either. Stacy, you were mentioned in a vague, non specific way while the two characters are discussing a circ thread.
    That's exactly what I though. I wasn't offended, though I could see why some people might be, but they just weren't funny - I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I went and dug up those videos and I totally don't think they're funny. I know why they are supposed to be funny ... they just aren't. I was thinking I was the only one who felt that way but apparently I'm not.
    What videos are you people speaking of?!

I have to say the older I get, the less I find it appropriate when I see/hear people call other people out on grammar. You understand what they were saying, so just give it a rest. Nobody types perfectly 100% of the time.
    I would never tease someone about their spelling, grammar, or typing abilities. I think it's mean spirited and cruel. Some people aren't adept at those things, but are probably a lot smarter in other areas.

My father types like he's an English-as-a-second-language person. He speaks it properly...*shrug* So he's not a typist, big deal. He's far more clever than most people I know irl.

What videos are you people speaking of?!

I would never tease someone about their spelling, grammar, or typing abilities. I think it's mean spirited and cruel. Some people aren't adept at those things, but are probably a lot smarter in other areas.

My father types like he's an English-as-a-second-language person. He speaks it properly...*shrug* So he's not a typist, big deal. He's far more clever than most people I know irl.
    I hope you don't think I was saying you would ... I was agreeing with you more than anything. This is one of those moments when typing is making it difficult to read the intention for me.

My dad is similar. He's one of the smartest people I've ever met but he can't spell to save his life. Didn't stop him from writing a book, so I don't see what difference it makes!

I hope you don't think I was saying you would ... I was agreeing with you more than anything. This is one of those moments when typing is making it difficult to read the intention for me.

My dad is similar. He's one of the smartest people I've ever met but he can't spell to save his life. Didn't stop him from writing a book, so I don't see what difference it makes!
    Oh no! Sorry, I was trying to agree with you. Other people on here and other sites will just blast others for their poor grammar, typing, spelling...I think it's beyond rude and actually pretty childish. I didn't think you were saying I was like that at all

Rich's stepsister wrote him on Facebook, saying she hasn't had anything to do with her mom in quite a while and would like to have some stable family relationships for her kids sake.

It's all nice and dandy, except when crap hit the fan 11 years ago, she told me she didn't want to get involved. I considered us to be good friends at the time...we did stuff together and I babysat her daughter. When she said that, I never called her again and she never called me. As far as I'm concerned, she's the one who chose to have no 'stable family connections' and I kind of resent her thinking we can just pick up where we left off 11 years ago.

I'm not sure I'm ready to re-open that whole bag. We're doing pretty good not having anything to do with Rich's father's side of the family. The other part of me, however, really always liked her and thinks we should invite her and the kids over for a bbq.

I'm such a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I saw the first video. Are there more? It was cute. I don't really stress myself out about those things. If people think enough of me to put me in a video, I'm flattered. LOL
    I thought the same thing, but also maybe because I felt flattered that in the 2nd one the black lady was named Erin LOL. So to me that made it interesting.

Erin

Rich's stepsister wrote him on Facebook, saying she hasn't had anything to do with her mom in quite a while and would like to have some stable family relationships for her kids sake.

It's all nice and dandy, except when crap hit the fan 11 years ago, she told me she didn't want to get involved. I considered us to be good friends at the time...we did stuff together and I babysat her daughter. When she said that, I never called her again and she never called me. As far as I'm concerned, she's the one who chose to have no 'stable family connections' and I kind of resent her thinking we can just pick up where we left off 11 years ago.

I'm not sure I'm ready to re-open that whole bag. We're doing pretty good not having anything to do with Rich's father's side of the family. The other part of me, however, really always liked her and thinks we should invite her and the kids over for a bbq.

I'm such a mess.
    That is so difficult, I wouldn't know what to do either but I'm usually of the camp of if I cut you off and decide not to talk to you anymore, then I'm not going to talk to you anymore period unless you say hi to me and I respond with a similar greeting. Fortunately though, this has never occurred with any family member or in-law, just easily dispensable people, like random friends or co-workers.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 07-11-2010 at 10:18 PM. Reason: spelling

30. Default

I did see those but somehow to me the bears are less creepy. Not sure why.

This is the one I want - I just think it's cute. And I like that you can pick the exact uniform.
    I think I agree with you.... lol.. Two girls I know got the doll ones when their husbands deployed... one was just for herself, and the other had a very young son... She called it the "daddy doll".

I think its very cool for a young kid to have when their parent is deployed