Page 410 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3103604004084094104114124204605109101410 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,300 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Bridget, it sounds like you have a wonderful family. I do too, but I'm a little bit jealous of how sweet and intuitive your family is.
    I'm glad Jenny's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Bridget, it sounds like you have a wonderful family. I do too, but I'm a little bit jealous of how sweet and intuitive your family is.
    I'm glad Jenny's okay.
    We weren't always this way. A lot of things have happened in just the past 5 years. Me having kids and moving home from Hawaii, my brother coming out of the closet, my mom getting diagnosed, all the ups and downs as she battled, and then losing her...it's made us just cling to each other.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Bridget, that made me tear up.

It's even nicer than you weren't always this way but now you are. A lot of families let that kind of stuff tear them apart, not bring them together, you know?

Jessica might have mono. We just rushed up to a lab to have emergency blood work drawn. The Dr. at the walk-in clinic was very concerned about waiting till Monday...she said Jess is really sick and is on the edge of it going to something severe. Jessica said she had a sore throat 2-3 weeks ago, but she never said anything again so I assumed it went away. Late last night she told me she still had it and that it was nearly unbearable. Her glands are very swollen; she even has one on the back of her head (I didn't know it was possible to get one there). Her liver area was tender too.

All in all, she seems to be in good spirits. I have a funny video of her having her blood drawn for the first time in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    It's even nicer than you weren't always this way but now you are. A lot of families let that kind of stuff tear them apart, not bring them together, you know?
    Yeah, you're right. I am really lucky. It's hard to imagine now that my brother ever thought he couldn't tell us he was gay.

Chrissy, I had mono when I was 20. It was the sickest I have ever felt. I hope Jessica is okay.

I confess if one more person comments on the misery of being pregnant in the summer, I will sumo them.

Chrissy, I hope she'll feel better soon. Mono sucks.

I hope she's better soon Chrissy! And I'm amazed she's never had blood drawn before! How did she do?

She was funny...she was singing "la la la" with her face buried in the wall. I tried to get video, but by the time I started recording she stopped 'la-la-ing' She's a corker, even when she's sick.

from Florida. Just checking in.

Bridget, I love that story about your dad and brother. That's the sweetest thing.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

14. Default

I confess somedays I think I have the most entertaining job in the world......

I had a customer this morning in her mid to late 50's telling me about her job as a stripper, and how the pay isn't that great, but she gets a free room and board at the hotel next to the club... and other stuff lol

Then we had a customer call asking if we sold foot fetish magazines... He offered to pay my coworker $250 to let him give her a foot massage...

A customer was caught doing lines in the bathroom...

15. Default

I confess re-reading that makes it sound like I work in a really crappy part of town, or something...

lol...what do you do? Do you think that 50-year-old is really a stripper, or was she just being funny?

17. Default

I barista in a cafe attached to Hastings.. (think Starbucks inside Barnes & Noble...)

and yes.. I think she was totally serious... She has come in a few days in a row, and seems pretty open about it... She was telling me about how the bartender at the club is a lesbian, and the other is a transsexual, and the lesbian doesn't like her... Her reasoning was because the bartender "wants" her, but she's straight.. lol

She's come in the past two days with a "sugar daddy" of sorts... They are interesting to watch...

Sounds like an interesting place to work!

Seriously-sounds like fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess if one more person comments on the misery of being pregnant in the summer, I will sumo them.
    Seriously...I thought I would lose my mind when I was pg with Annie (born in August) and every person and their brother was like "oh, summer and pregnant" The thing is I LOVE the heat...so it was not a thing for me to be preggo in July...I liked it. I just always said.."well it's easier to just be hot and not have to pull a wool sweater over this huge belly in January"

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    She was funny...she was singing "la la la" with her face buried in the wall. I tried to get video, but by the time I started recording she stopped 'la-la-ing' She's a corker, even when she's sick.
    Was she scared?? Or just being silly?? and how is she feeling?

Bridget, your stories always give me shivers and make me tear up. I love your family... I would like to trade brothers with you (don't take me up on that...wouldn't be a good trade)

Ashley, I used to barista as well....since everyone likes a good coffee drink, you get a LOT of strange numbers. We get a lot of strange people that just hang around our restaurant too. One of them is David Lisa...I wish I had a picture to show you...Imagine haggard 50 year old blonde man, mullet, fully looking like a man, but with blue garishly applied eye makeup, and dark, equally garishly applied liner...a spandex bodysuit, and a teeny little ballerina practice tutu, and a shirt tied at the bottom, above the belly button...on a bike, collecting cans. Like that?? Oh, and converse sneakers.
    Just Midge

Bookstores seriously bring out the wackadoodles. I loved working at Border's because people there are nuts.

Actually, here you go

http://enriquecaicedo.tripod.com/dude.html

p/s he IS super nice, and we really like him.
    Just Midge

We are blessed with this hometown treasure:

This is the tamest photo I could find - normally he prefers g-strings like this (click link at your own risk - it WILL burn your eyeballs):

http://www.keepaustinweird.com/images/leslie.jpg

He has his own set of refrigerator magnets, like a Leslie dress up doll where you can switch his outfits.

Also has an i-phone app of some kind. I'm not a big fan of him, but he has managed to carve out a strange niche for himself.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

We have a guy here named Baton Bob who does baton performances in downtown near DH's job weekly. He also goes all around town. He has his own website and is even on Wikipedia LOL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baton_Bob

Erin

I love Austin!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

It is hailing and I am out in the woods camping but at least Im with my children.

I love town characters! Ithaca seems to have many of them.

We took Jess to the ER because she started getting abdominal pain. It turned out to be 'only' a kidney infection. I say only 'cause I was worried it was her liver or spleen.

Of course this has to happen on the weekend, when I'm unsure of what my insurance will cover. Cayuga Medical is covered, but I've heard such horrors about that hospital that I wouldn't go there to have my toenails cut.

She's doing fine though...she's a real trooper. She was singing earlier when she had her blood drawn because she was scared, but she is always humorous. She'd never show her fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    It is hailing and I am out in the woods camping but at least Im with my children.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess that these types of threads (long random ones) stress me out. My brain can't handle how there are several 'conversations' at one time. Sometimes I feel kind of lost or get a little anxiety (I have anxiety problems anyway). So I'm always reading, rarely posting.

I also confess that I wish I didn't have neighbors could I be topless outside all the time.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten