Page 409 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3093593994074084094104114194595099091409 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,270 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Bridget, I cannot imagine how it must feel to be where you are. That said - you can reopen your daycare. Where's your dad live in proximity to where you are now?

And sorry Chrissy, but grief counselors are full of **** on this one. Sometimes a loss cam catalyst changing the worst things about your life because it helps you realize how fragile and temporary life is. I jumped ship from my job and started my business right after Jasper died because it was such a miserable part of my life that I knew I had to change for my next kid.

Bridget, I cannot imagine how it must feel to be where you are. That said - you can reopen your daycare. Where's your dad live in proximity to where you are now?

And sorry Chrissy, but grief counselors are full of **** on this one. Sometimes a loss cam catalyst changing the worst things about your life because it helps you realize how fragile and temporary life is. I jumped ship from my job and started my business right after Jasper died because it was such a miserable part of my life that I knew I had to change for my next kid.

No need to apologize to me Stacy. I know grief is an unique to the individual.

I'm really upset with Rich's employer. Another man actually made a shank out of one of their longest files and walked up to another coworker and put it up to his back and accused him of messing with his wife. This happened on Friday. No one called the police, and Rich and his group leader just learned of it yesterday. They were told to 'keep an eye' on the guy.

Why do people wait till something happens? The younger me would be calling them up and threatening to sue them if something happens to Rich while he's working there, because they obviously know this man is dangerous. Or they should. wtf?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Chrissy, how scary!

Stacy, my dad is about an hour from me. He lives close to Madison where I would actually love to be and where my daycare would be much more successful and I could charge the prices I need to charge to make a decent profit with the organic menu and such. People would be lining up for it in that town. Not like this town where they are more like .
    I've been looking at rental ads for the area I'd like to live and rent is more than our mortgage now. I really do need to start stashing money.

Bridget, what if you started over there, with your dad?

And dude, I would totally help you with brochures and ads for the new daycare.

And I confess how the F did I get so pregnant? Next week is the end of the second trimester and I'm all like and I am HUGE. I mean HUGE.

Chrissy did he at least get some type of "punishment" at work? Or did everyone just let it slide? That's DANGEROUS.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    And I confess how the F did I get so pregnant? Next week is the end of the second trimester and I'm all like and I am HUGE. I mean HUGE.
    I bet you look beautiful! I do wonder why everyone's pregnancies seem to go so much faster than mine did.

Chrissy did he at least get some type of "punishment" at work? Or did everyone just let it slide? That's DANGEROUS.
    I don't know what they said to the guy in the meeting, but he was called in the office yesterday after Rich's meeting. I guess he came out and just glowered at everyone. I really fear he's going to sit there seething about things and just lose his mind one day at work.

I wish someone would have called the police on him. They probably can't really prevent 'something' from happening, but it looks like they're just hoping this guy will resolve his own mental issues on his own.

Chrissy that is REALLY scary. Why didn't they suspend the guy or some sort of their own disciplinary action since they didn't want to call the police, that is some crap!

Erin

I don't know, that place is weird. They pride themselves on never letting anyone go...I know in one instance two men were touching eachother's penises and nothing happened to them. I thought that was bad...but that's nothing compared to this.

wtf, Chrissy! That's crazy.

Bridget, I was thinking you could move with your dad also. Do you think that could be an option?

There is nothing to be proud of in never firing assholes.

There is nothing to be proud of in never firing assholes.
    That is exactly what I was thinking!! Some people need to get fired, especially if they are dangerous.

Erin

ita...but maybe they're afraid if they do fire him, he will come in and hurt people. It sounds like he's a loose canon and no matter what they do he might hurt someone.

I really wish they'd called the police. Who knows what's going on in his private life that people are ignoring too...or maybe a neighbor has made a report but because it's an isolated incident they're letting him go with a warning.

All these things need to be reported...how many work place violence stories have we read about or watched on the news where people relay stories about the person that had acted 'funny' for a long time? When will people learn to speak up?

Chrissy, that's really scary. Someone needs to take it seriously.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I agree Chrissy!
    Like those stories where people always go "He was such a nice guy, very quiet"
    Yeah..quietly going INSANE!

shutterbird Guest

Wow, Chrissy! That's so scary. It sounds like his work is being really irresponsible about the entire thing. Priding yourself on never letting workers go is one thing. Committing ASSAULT is a whole other bag of beans that should've been handled differently. Why the hell did nobody call the police? Craziness.

Stacy, let's see some pictures! I remember lurking the site during your last few months of pregnancy with Oscar and being amazed over your belly pic.

shutterbird Guest

I confess Lore has really been acting out a lot lately. She just screams and screams whenever she doesn't get her way and I don't know how to stop her. I put her in time out and it's constant screaming. I try to ignore her and still, it goes on and on. We live in an apartment and I know we're bound to get a complaint notice from management sometime soon. Any tips?

Ugh, living in an apartment is rough, because the only thing that I know that works is letting them fuss it out.

I don't know, Kim. Josh does the same thing. I'm really glad we have a house!

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    ?? Who is that about?
    Oh wait, that's the one about the guy who hurt your friend right?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Oh he sounds like one scary individual. But his time is up. It looks like he'll be going away for a long while.
    yes.. He is already in prison for other crimes.. so this will just add to it.. and up to 99 years!

The "sad" part is that he is only 20...

That is sad, but those were his choices. I don't understand why people do those things...he's not only ruined his life, but I'm sure he has family that are just heartbroken.

shutterbird Guest

I confess I keep a chocolate bar in the fridge for PMS time. The three days leading up to AF are killer and I make the chocolate last.

Well guess what? It's PMS time and DH just ate my candy!

Oy, and no pokes or lectures. I know my hips and butt don't need it, but my sanity does.

Boo on your dh for taking your candy. I don't think 1 chocolate bar a month is going to hurt you, so no pokes from me.

Bobbie craves chocolate something fierce during that time. She is absolutely miserable without it.

I spent 3 hours in the ER last night with Travis; we dialled 911 after he woke up and was struggling to breathe. I checked his crib, wondering if he could have swallowed something but at the same time, he sounded really hoarse. It turned out he has croup. He is much better today, but man was I so scared for awhile. His little heart was racing and he was so panicked. Scariest night of my parenting life so far....

Oh no! Croup is terrible! I hope he recovers quickly. Poor boy.

So scary! I'm glad Travis is okay. Hope you all get some good rest today.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I'm glad Travis is okay!
    Where has Jenny been?

Jenny is on vacation. She's been checking in on her weight loss thread but I think that's it as far as I can tell.

My little brother and I have been going to my dad's house every thursday night for dinner and we take turns buying and cooking the meal. It sort of became this ritual without us ever even discussing it. One of the sweetest things about it is that both my dad and my brother have picked up all their ingredients at the organic food co-op every time. I know they don't normally go out of their way to buy organic. It's so kind of them. Last night my brother made sweet potato spinach curry.
    I was getting ready to leave last night and my dad and bro were glued to the tv watching to see who that Lebron James was going to decide to play for. I wanted to stop by my mom's grave and water her flowers but I decided not to mention it to them because I wanted them to relax and not feel obligated to come with me. So I'm sitting in the grass next to her spot just breathing and remembering when I hear a car pull up behind me and it's them. My dad said, "We thought we'd find you here."
    They're such sweet dudes.
    Last edited by Bridget; 07-09-2010 at 12:23 PM.