Page 407 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3073573974054064074084094174575079071407 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,210 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #12181
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Oh. Well that would explain why I'm not familiar with the name.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  2. #12182
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,476

    Default

    Thankfully energy upgrades are the one thing we don't have to spend money on.....one reason we went with the builder we did was because he only does energy star certified homes....and when picking out appliances, I went energy star whenever I could. I would have loved to have done solar panels...but that was out of my price range!

    We are taking our time with art for sure. I have started an online listing of things we like....we look at them for a while before we buy. I know in Sept, the big fundraiser of the year at my alum is a starving artist show. It's a huge crowd draw because everything is $100 or less. Last time we went, we got this super cool huge canvas painting we love for our bedroom.

    I'm just excited because my grass is finally starting to come in. We did hyroseed and it wasn't looking good...only a few places did it look ok. I complained to our builder and landscaper and they were both out out there looking at it. They put some stuff on it on Friday.....and it's starting to fill in and look green!

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  3. #12183
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    Its actually "Percy Jackson & The Olympians The Lightning Thief"

    From what I have heard from people its the "new" Harry Potter... Instead of magic, wizards etc its based off of Greek Mythology, and aimed towards a slightly older crowd than HP. More junior high aged...

    I've not read the books, but sure as hell have sold a TON of them.
    Is it out on video now? I have been waiting to see that one. I have always really enjoyed Greek mythology.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Is it out on video now? I have been waiting to see that one. I have always really enjoyed Greek mythology.
    Yes! I think it was released on Tuesday...

  5. #12185
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    I liked what I've read of the Percy Jackson series. I don't think it's the new HP though.

    Then again, I'm probably severely biased as I'm a HPgeek.

  6. #12186
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,476

    Default

    I haven't read the HP books yet and have seen the first several movies. I liked them...but now I'm just waiting for the all to come out because I can't remember what I saw last and what was going on.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  7. #12187
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    One of my biggest dreams is to have solar panels. I was watching a news story about this company in CA that leases the solar panels. I think the homeowner pays 1,000-1500 as a deposit, then a monthly bill depending on usage. In most cases, their monthly bill is less than when they were running straight electric from the power plant. In CA, you can't (yet) sell back excess energy to the electric company, but in NY you can. Of course, due to our predominantly cloudy skies, it's probably not likely a small home would generate extra energy. I wouldn't mind though, I just want solar power!

    This isn't the news story I watched, but a link to information about how that type of business works: http://greenlivingideas.com/topics/a...g-solar-panels
    Last edited by missychrissy; 07-06-2010 at 09:23 AM.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  8. #12188
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,476

    Default

    Umm, I have an interesting story. I went to bed last night. I woke up at 4am and have a towel on me and Im in my after bath robe. I have a vague recollection of getting wet but my hair is mostly dry. Put my sleeping stuff back on and go back to bed until 7am. Check the tub and there is like 2 inches of water in there and the drain has the thing pushed down. I still dont know why I got up and rinsed off in the middle of the night and Im not sure how awake I wasI think barely.

    I told DH this morning and he was like, so you were sleep showering? The worst part is he works third shift so I'm alone with the dog at night.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  9. #12189
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Umm, I have an interesting story. I went to bed last night. I woke up at 4am and have a towel on me and Im in my after bath robe. I have a vague recollection of getting wet but my hair is mostly dry. Put my sleeping stuff back on and go back to bed until 7am. Check the tub and there is like 2 inches of water in there and the drain has the thing pushed down. I still dont know why I got up and rinsed off in the middle of the night and Im not sure how awake I wasI think barely.

    I told DH this morning and he was like, so you were sleep showering? The worst part is he works third shift so I'm alone with the dog at night.
    Oh man! That is scary! My best friend from high school told me once she filled the tub and got in (clothed) all while sleep walking and her brother found her with water up to her nose!

  10. #12190
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    How bizarre!

    Sydney just called me. She was arguing with Bobbie and Bobbie threw a glass directly at Sydney and it shattered all over.

    Ugh...I am so not looking forward to going home now. My first reaction was I wanted to slap Bobbie. It's a good thing I'm at work. She's so ready to move out...and honestly, with how unhappy and miserable she's been lately, I'm about ready for her to be out too. 1 more year.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  11. #12191
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Chrissy.

    On another note, when did Bobbie turn 17? I swear I remember her being 13!

  12. #12192
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    It feels like she went straight from 13 to 17. I am reminding myself I had a couple episodes of throwing things too and that this isn't the end of the world. But we are seriously going to have a discussion tonight, that's for sure.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  13. #12193
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,646

    Default

    Jennifer, that's really freaky about the sleep showering!

    Chrissy, . You'll get through this.

    I confess I'm feeling totally spoiled after a second visit from DH. He's fairly sure this will be his last - if he is in one of the later groups to leave for deployment he MIGHT get some leave to come home but we don't know whether he will or not. So we decided to fly me out this weekend. Partially to spend as much time together as we can, partially to cover the month for TTC purposes. We already BD'd on CD 8, 10, and 11. I'll leave Thursday so that would cover CD 15, 16, and 17. So if I O early or late, hopefully we'll time it right! Seems like I've had more sex with him gone than in the last 6 months of TTC! The only thing I'm worried about is finding a pet sitter. Secular pet-sitting vibes, please!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  14. #12194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Umm, I have an interesting story. I went to bed last night. I woke up at 4am and have a towel on me and Im in my after bath robe. I have a vague recollection of getting wet but my hair is mostly dry. Put my sleeping stuff back on and go back to bed until 7am. Check the tub and there is like 2 inches of water in there and the drain has the thing pushed down. I still dont know why I got up and rinsed off in the middle of the night and Im not sure how awake I wasI think barely.

    I told DH this morning and he was like, so you were sleep showering? The worst part is he works third shift so I'm alone with the dog at night.

    Crazy!


    A friend and I were sleeping at another friend's house one night when I was in high school. They had the bed and I made a bed on the floor. Well, in the middle of the night, I wake up in 2 inches of water. Turn on the lights like wtf! and run out the bedroom and hear the bathtub running with no one in. Apparently her brother decided to run a bath in his sleep and went back in his bed. Most of the house had 2 inches of water in it.

  15. #12195
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    That is crazy about the sleep showering. I read recently that sleep sex is WAY more common than was believed previously.


  16. Default

    I confess that the last time B and I dtd keeps coming up in my dreams... I wake up angrier each time it happens...

    He had tried making moves while I was already sleeping.. I told him to stop - I was taking care of a 15 month old, a newborn, and the house (FIL, sMIL and sBIL) and was exhausted... He pulled the "I want to have sex with my WIFE" card, and I caved... Two days later he asked for a divorce....

    I confess I dont know why this is all of a sudden bothering me so much....

  17. #12197
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess that the last time B and I dtd keeps coming up in my dreams... I wake up angrier each time it happens...

    He had tried making moves while I was already sleeping.. I told him to stop - I was taking care of a 15 month old, a newborn, and the house (FIL, sMIL and sBIL) and was exhausted... He pulled the "I want to have sex with my WIFE" card, and I caved... Two days later he asked for a divorce....

    I confess I dont know why this is all of a sudden bothering me so much....
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  18. #12198
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    He sounds like a maggot.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  19. #12199
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    You were acting on the best information you had at the time, which was that you were in a relationship and sometimes there is a little give and take. You couldn't know what was to come. I'm sorry.


  20. #12200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    That is crazy about the sleep showering. I read recently that sleep sex is WAY more common than was believed previously.
    I have done this with DBF multiple times! I always wake up the next morning like....oh heeeeey. Whoops.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)


    Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

  21. #12201
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,436

    Default

    I just have to jump in because the sleep sex/shower thing made me laugh.

    About 2 weeks ago I was super let down when I tried to jump Jack-sexy new lingerie and everything. Things were really great. We had the most fun we've had in a long while...except he couldn't finish which made me all



    Two days later when I was still bummed about it (you know, 3/4 weeks post partum and feeling uber-gross and ugly....and then him not being able to finish-makes for a pretty insecure mama!) he says "well, it was probably too good to hope that we might be able to hit it twice in one day-my body has never seemed to let us do that, remember?"

    I was all and then at the realization that we had TOTALLY copulated at like 4am that morning and I didn't really remember AT ALL He says I was really into it though

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  22. Default

    bwahahaha... that made me giggle Tif!

  23. #12203
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Tif, that's hilarious!!! You must have been out of it.

  24. #12204
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    You were acting on the best information you had at the time, which was that you were in a relationship and sometimes there is a little give and take. You couldn't know what was to come. I'm sorry.
    I agree with this. Ashley. I'm sorry that jerk is still able to bug you - even in your dreams.

  25. #12205
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    I just have to jump in because the sleep sex/shower thing made me laugh.

    About 2 weeks ago I was super let down when I tried to jump Jack-sexy new lingerie and everything. Things were really great. We had the most fun we've had in a long while...except he couldn't finish which made me all



    Two days later when I was still bummed about it (you know, 3/4 weeks post partum and feeling uber-gross and ugly....and then him not being able to finish-makes for a pretty insecure mama!) he says "well, it was probably too good to hope that we might be able to hit it twice in one day-my body has never seemed to let us do that, remember?"

    I was all and then at the realization that we had TOTALLY copulated at like 4am that morning and I didn't really remember AT ALL He says I was really into it though


    Oh, that's funny!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  26. #12206
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Bobbie scared me to death. She asked for a pregnancy test.

    I amazed even myself and actually stayed calm...and after what felt like an eternity she told me it wasn't for her but for a friend. She just wanted to see how I'd react. I cannot put into words the range of emotions that flooded through me in those short moments between the request and the teasing smile.

    She's trying to kill me. I know it.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  27. #12207
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Bobbie scared me to death. She asked for a pregnancy test.

    I amazed even myself and actually stayed calm...and after what felt like an eternity she told me it wasn't for her but for a friend. She just wanted to see how I'd react. I cannot put into words the range of emotions that flooded through me in those short moments between the request and the teasing smile.

    She's trying to kill me. I know it.

    I think I would have had a heart attack...not from the asking for the test - but the adrenaline rush after finding out it wasn't for her.
    Just Midge

  28. #12208

    Default

    Sounds like Bobby is a struggle right now. I'm sorry.

    On another topic: my eyes keep rolling and rolling and rolling around and around and around today Silly people.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  29. #12209
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    It turns out that incident with the glass wasn't quite what Sydney told me. They were arguing as Bobbie was loading the dishwasher, and she did slam the glass down on the counter to emphasize her point. That's when it shattered.

    So instead of having an anger management discussion last night, I instead talked to Sydney about the importance of honesty. I'm so glad I didn't call Bobbie up and bawl her out like I was tempted to do.

    Remaining calm until the whole story comes out is sometimes a challenge.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  30. #12210
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,476

    Default

    I confess....that I actually think I stayed in bed and got a good night sleep. I don't feel so tired this morning!

    I have been known to talk in my sleep and both my mom and sister do too (and they sleep walk....my mom at 16 was reaching for the car keys but her dad stopped her and my sister when about 12 got halfway down the hall in a NYC hotel before my parents woke up and got to her). But I haven't done anything like that before....and since I'm home alone at night, I was a bit concerned!

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •