Page 406 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 306 356 396404405406407408 416 456 506 906 1406 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,180 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

shutterbird Guest

I confess DH is driving me nuts. He has a total "man cold" over his hurting leg. I'm going to go a p e s h i t on him if he doesn't cut out the whining. Deal with it already! He was fine all day while he did what he wanted to do... but now that it's time to leave to go see fireworks? Oh it's just so unbearable.

ARGH!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that Kim.
    It was an uneventful day. MIL made some really rude comments that were just embarassing. It makes me glad I don't speak to her anymore. She made a comment about her neighbor's kid, how he's the only good kid she knows. To which I kind of said under my breath to DH, "Well, you're not a kid anymore." Later on FIL cracked a joke and she laughed really sarcastically and said "You made a funny!" Everyone ignored her. It's too bad she's so wrapped up in her own lies that she can't see that everyone hates her.
    I'm all for tolerance but when people purposely hurt each other, especially their own family, I just have little patience for that.
    Hope everyone had a happy and safe day!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess DH is driving me nuts. He has a total "man cold" over his hurting leg. I'm going to go a p e s h i t on him if he doesn't cut out the whining. Deal with it already! He was fine all day while he did what he wanted to do... but now that it's time to leave to go see fireworks? Oh it's just so unbearable.

ARGH!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Sorry to hear that Kim.
    It was an uneventful day. MIL made some really rude comments that were just embarassing. It makes me glad I don't speak to her anymore. She made a comment about her neighbor's kid, how he's the only good kid she knows. To which I kind of said under my breath to DH, "Well, you're not a kid anymore." Later on FIL cracked a joke and she laughed really sarcastically and said "You made a funny!" Everyone ignored her. It's too bad she's so wrapped up in her own lies that she can't see that everyone hates her.
    I'm all for tolerance but when people purposely hurt each other, especially their own family, I just have little patience for that.
    She sounds like a tool.

We've had a good day. I'm burned to a crisp

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post

ARGH!!!!!!

My DH did this with a headache the other day. Seriously. Chicken soup and TV all day for a headache. Oh, and the whining. Non stop.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Sorry to hear that Kim.
    She sounds like a piece of work. Do you get along well with FIL? Has your MIL always been this way? Maybe she's getting senile or something.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

5. Default

I confess I spent my 4th working...

Though I did enjoy freaking this one customer out... I was telling everyone to "enjoy their 4th" as they left...

Well this one guy had 3 extremely obnoxious kids with him. I handed him his coffee and he started to round them up... As they headed for the door, I told him "Enjoy your 4th!" and he paused, and gave me this really weird look and said "Excuse me?!" like he was about to have a heart attack...

I said "Enjoy your 4th of July....." and he went "OH!" and booked it out of there!! Maybe someone knows something they aren't sharing yet!!! lol

Poor guy!

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post

She sounds like a piece of work. Do you get along well with FIL? Has your MIL always been this way? Maybe she's getting senile or something.
    No, she's always been this way (she's young, anyway--only 47 I think)
    DH left when he was 16 because of her--there really is something wrong with her! She's incredibly overprotective, hypocritical, and just plain mean. She'll be nice to you one day and then she'll make up some story in her head about how you used her or said something about her to someone else and she'll stop speaking to you for months. Then she'll be nice again like nothing happened. She's racist and a homophobe...pretty much everything bad you can roll into one person, she's it.
    FIL just sits and takes it...I guess he's too comfortable to leave (even though everyone knows he has cheated on her more than once). He works a lot, goes to the living room to watch tv, and goes to bed. They barely speak to each other. It's sad, really. He and I used to get along okay but I inadvertently offended him a while ago and I just really don't care anymore. To me, him putting up with her is as bad as all the bad things she does.

It sounds like she has some sort of personality disorder. Rich's stepmother is the same way, and because of her none of the kids have seen their father in over 10 years.

My MIL is similar, although we don't have much contact with her so when we do interact it's usually not too bad. When we see too much of her, we usually regret it.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

The only reason DH still deals with her is because he feels some obligation to let Josh get to know his grandmother, but I don't know if it's worth it.

So, I stood my ground on the decorating and have bought a new fireplace and some really awesome blinds for the kitchen....getting my husband to spend money is hard work, but I've learned that debating with him enough wears him down....lol

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    So, I stood my ground on the decorating and have bought a new fireplace and some really awesome blinds for the kitchen....getting my husband to spend money is hard work, but I've learned that debating with him enough wears him down....lol
    I'm in the same situation! We just moved in a month ago and definitely could use some things like a new living room set, an entertainment center, bigger TV, bigger dining room set and more artwork on the walls. It will all come in time.

We did order the barstools for the kitchen and a little console table and mirror the living room entry. My parents helped buy a guest room bed. And we had to put up shades and blinds in all the windows (that alone was almost 3k! But we had planned on it....since we built, we knew there would be nothing on the windows and living like that for two weeks was enough). We've also had to buy things like a dehumidifer for the basement and yard tools, lawmower. Next weekend we probably will buying an office desk and file cabinet....we painted the room yesterday and I want it finished already.

OMG, we have been on such a spending spree! I'm the shopper in the family and even I agree that we need to put the brakes on and think about some of those other things later.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

WTG silverstar! It's so worth it when it looks really nice.
    DH wants to go decoration shopping tomorrow but he wants to go to this outdoor shopping place and it's supposed to be like, 95.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Ah yes, the hidden costs of moving, especially with buying a new house. I remember that very well. We're thinking about trying to sell our house and move next summer, and I'm dreading it all.

Bridget, where are you and how are things today?

A new house takes so long to really move into. We bled money outfitting our place for about six months. Then it was addition stuff, energy upgrades, landscaping and gardens. This year is finishing the office bathroom and painting bedrooms. It's endless.

I wouldn't buy art in a hurry. Get your furniture, paint and window treatments under control and then have fun shopping for art one special piece at a time.

Double post
    Last edited by stash; 07-05-2010 at 04:01 PM.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I bought a bunch of art for my uber-modern condo when I lived there, and after I moved to this quaint craftsman I ended up getting rid of it all, because it didn't fit--either sizewise or moodwise. I only lived in the condo for two years.

Lydia, where will you move?

I confess Oscar and I are on the topic of funerals and what happens to bodies when they die. It's quite interesting really. He's got no preconceived stigma and is simply curious, because he's already learned about animal death (chickens) and about decay. We're taking my husband and SIL to their aunt's funeral tomorrow and going riverwalking while they're at the church/cemetery. So the topic came up. Amazing how backwards we are about death and dying. I mean, explain to a kid that people have these barbaric rituals where they say goodbye to people after they've already died and put their bodies in boxes in the ground? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Lydia, where will you move?
    Somewhere not too far away, since my mom bought a house specifically near us to help watch the children, and dh and I are both going to stick with our jobs. The Peninsula would be a little bit better for our commute, but it would be too far away from Mom.

We are going to need a bigger place with more bedrooms. And we want to get away from our neighbors.

I'm a horrible decorator and still haven't bought a thing for the white walls in my house. It'll be 2 years in August that we've been here. I feel stuck because we're leasing with an option to buy, so I refuse to paint it on the chance we'll opt not to buy.

My kitchen has ugly purple/mauve counter tops and cold trim knobs/light fixtures. They will be the first to go if we do decide to purchase this place.

Chrissy, your counters can't be as bad as my teal formica. But I refuse to do the kitchen yet. I need a new sink and cooktop, and it will end up costing a fortune when I start one thing. So I'm waiting until next year to do it all.

Oh Lydia, I love your sig pic!
    Stacy, the teal formica makes me think of my own kitchen. It's not so bad, but I'd love to get it re-done someday.

Pink granite, here. The people who flipped this house bought everything as a floor model or on sale.

Thank you, Kate.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 07-05-2010 at 10:13 PM.

25. Default

I confess I just watched the Percy Jackson movie.. and LOVED it!

So, last night whilst falling asleep Oscar said "Mama, I'm sad." I presumed it had SOMETHING to do with our conversation about funerals, death, what happens to bodies when they die, his Aunt (who he didn't know well). So I asked "Why are you sad, baby?"

"Because my favorite color isn't blue, it's purple."

He wants his room (recently painted blue) to be purple (the color we chose for Gus's room).

I'm not familiar with Percy Jackson...how lame am I? I'm afraid I'm going to Google the name and say "D'oh" to myself :shy:

My kitchen isn't as bad as my last house, which was falling apart. At least this one is new and everything is all together like it should be.

I had it in my head we were not going to buy this place...for a laundry list of reasons, but none of them were for any concrete "this house sucks" reason. It is a double-wide, but it's only 6 years old. I was feeling like I didn't think I could live in one after all, but my husband really likes the place. He talks all the time about stuff he'd do 'if this were ours...'

Do I always have to have my own way? Will I find reasons to hate the next place? Maybe I'm not the sort of person who will ever be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    So, last night whilst falling asleep Oscar said "Mama, I'm sad." I presumed it had SOMETHING to do with our conversation about funerals, death, what happens to bodies when they die, his Aunt (who he didn't know well). So I asked "Why are you sad, baby?"

"Because my favorite color isn't blue, it's purple."

He wants his room (recently painted blue) to be purple (the color we chose for Gus's room).

I love him. He cracks me up!!

This house is horrible. It's dark brown wood paneling in every room with brown carpets in the bedrooms and gray carpet in the living room. wtf was the builder on when they thought this **** looked good together.

30. Default

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm not familiar with Percy Jackson...how lame am I? I'm afraid I'm going to Google the name and say "D'oh" to myself :shy:
    Its actually "Percy Jackson & The Olympians The Lightning Thief"

From what I have heard from people its the "new" Harry Potter... Instead of magic, wizards etc its based off of Greek Mythology, and aimed towards a slightly older crowd than HP. More junior high aged...

I've not read the books, but sure as hell have sold a TON of them.