Page 382 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2823323723803813823833843924324828821382 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,460 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess that I have GREAT news from Mia's daycare!

Mia's been having trouble with one teacher for a while. She adores most of her teachers, but with this one woman, she cries when I drop her off and generally seems sad and anxious around her. We talked to the director about it a month or two ago and she said that they would counsel her. I've been on the verge of pulling Mia out, but hesitant to do so because she's generally happy there.

Aaaaanyway... mean teacher is LEAVING. She's 7 months pregnant and I didn't even realise.

I'm so relieved.

Fabulous! I love when these things work out.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Oh good! It's nice when things work out like that.

Dbf is truly a punk. I've been puking all day long, caught a bug from one of the daycare kids. He called me on his layover so I told him about it and he's all sympathetic. Then he's going on and on about how much he missed us and can't wait to get home and he'll hang out with the kids so I can lay down.
    Flight came in at 4:30. His friends was there waiting. We're 30 miles from the airport. It's 6 and he's not home. I just called him and they stopped to get dinner. LAME. I feel like texting the picture of my bfp. That outta make him choke on whatever he's eating.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I have GREAT news from Mia's daycare!

Mia's been having trouble with one teacher for a while. She adores most of her teachers, but with this one woman, she cries when I drop her off and generally seems sad and anxious around her. We talked to the director about it a month or two ago and she said that they would counsel her. I've been on the verge of pulling Mia out, but hesitant to do so because she's generally happy there.

Aaaaanyway... mean teacher is LEAVING. She's 7 months pregnant and I didn't even realise.

I'm so relieved.
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I feel like texting the picture of my bfp. That outta make him choke on whatever he's eating.

You SHOULD. That would be the best ever! It's like something out of a movie.
    Just Midge

7. Default

I feel like texting the picture of my bfp. That outta make him choke on whatever he's eating.
    Bwahahahahaha

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Dbf is truly a punk. I've been puking all day long, caught a bug from one of the daycare kids.
    Oh no! It was the guy whose mom insisted that he come to daycare even though he wasn't better, right? How absolutely infuriating, and it would serve her right for you to close down for a few days because her child got you sick.

I hope you get better soon, and shame on your dbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Oh no! It was the guy whose mom insisted that he come to daycare even though he wasn't better, right? How absolutely infuriating, and it would serve her right for you to close down for a few days because her child got you sick.

I hope you get better soon, and shame on your dbf.
    Yes. Totally was that kid. I'm pretty angry but it's my own fault. I should have never let her bully me into caring for him.
    Dbf's home now. I told him and he's happy but scared just like I knew he'd be. The look on his face was pretty priceless.
    He told me to go lay down while he hung with the kids so that's what I'm doing.

Oh dude, tummy bugs suck.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I have to share this with you. I hosted a finger-foods-only luncheon for a couple of nursing APA moms yesterday (BIG mistake when Babysaur wanted to nurse from 6:30-11:00 AM, with no breaks, so I had no time to clean and cook). Anyway, I did manage to quickly pull it together, and check out my little guy! Three weeks old and he's already got a girl in his crib!

Oh, Lydia! I had to think for a minute "Did she have twins? Doesn't she already have twins?"

Cute photo.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

at your dbf Bridget...but I guess he kinda redeemed himself a little hanging with the kids when he finally got home.

Lydia-your babes are so precious!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post

I have to share this with you. I hosted a finger-foods-only luncheon for a couple of nursing APA moms yesterday (BIG mistake when Babysaur wanted to nurse from 6:30-11:00 AM, with no breaks, so I had no time to clean and cook). Anyway, I did manage to quickly pull it together, and check out my little guy! Three weeks old and he's already got a girl in his crib!
    OMG Congratulations! I had no idea that you had given birth...I had no idea you were even thisclose.
    He is absolutely gorgeous!...no surprise all of your kids are.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Hey, guess where I burned myself yesterday! My ankle, the worst place ever! I was carrying boiling pasta water to the sink and I spilled some. So now I can't even wear shoes. I think I can count on one hand the times I've worn flip flops in my life, but thank goodness I had a pair lying around.

In other news...Is it normal for a 3.5 year old to just constantly complain about everything? It seems like he's never happy unless I do exactly what he wants (even if what I ask of him is just as good, he throws a fit about it). It's really wearing me down.

Also, today he was playing with the little freeweights I got him a while back and he came up behind me when I was looking out the window and hit me in the small of my back with one of the weights. I happen to have a very sensitive scar on the base of my spine from my spinal cord surgeries due to spina bifida and when I get hit there or if I land really hard on my butt, it sends really painful tingles through my whole back. It's like blind agony. I screamed like heck but I'm glad I could control my reflexes.

Ouchie to both the burn & being hit. Unfortunately, I think 3-year-olds can be impossible to please sometimes. At least sometimes Conner goes through phases where he's not happy, even when he gets what he wants.

Heh, well it's been a 6 month long phase around here!

I'm sorry about your burn and being whacked on the back Kate!

Speaking of violent toddlers, Mia woke me up the morning by hitting me on the head with my phone.

What a great way to wake up! LOL

We just had the flower communion at church. Everyone brings flowers from home (I had to buy mine last year because we were in an apartment) and everyone takes a different flower before they go home. Today was also a music service, no sermon, just a lot of different songs by the choir and piano and organ, and one kid who played flute.

During the collection the music director was playing a few different songs on the piano; we weren't meant to sing along but everyone knew the last song he played and we ended up singing along. It was really beautiful.

I just went to google the song and the first link that came up was children from the church I went to as a kid, singing UU songs.

Sounds really nice Kate.

I confess that I've been having a rough time with Mia lately.

I'm in charge of all the stressful stuff (getting her ready & dropping her off at daycare, pick up time, bedtime, etc), while DH gets to be the fun daddy on the weekend while I work. So now he's the favoured parent and I'm chopped liver. She acts like she hates me.

This morning was typical. I had to shower and get ready for work, while DH was supposed to get himself & Mia ready. When I get out of the shower, he & Mia were still in pajamas, playing, which meant that I had to rush Mia into clothes (which = guaranteed tantrum) while DH got dressed and ready, just in time to rescue her from mean mommy who had to force her into clothes.

Sigh.

I realise these things are cyclical and we'll be fine again soon. I just needed to vent.

Ugh, that sucks. I think he should respect your needs, and get her ready for you when you need to go somewhere. I have no problem tossing Josh's outfit at DH if I need to get ready myself.

Oh! Josh got into trouble today at his church group! Apparently he dumped sand from the sand table on some kid's head. The other kid apparently wasn't even upset, but I have told him so many times not to dump or throw sand on people because it can hurt their eyes.

I confess that I woke up at 11:30am this morning and I never thought about it being a "church" day until I got on APA and read a post about it!

I also confess that I will never sign up for 18 hour shifts work work ever again.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Sigh. I remember when it used to be possible to sleep until 11:30.

I used to love to stay up super-late and sleep late. Now I can stay up late, but am always up by 7 a.m. (today was 6:30! yay. )

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Sigh. I remember when it used to be possible to sleep until 11:30.

I used to love to stay up super-late and sleep late. Now I can stay up late, but am always up by 7 a.m. (today was 6:30! yay. )
    The only reason I slept that late is because I worked until 4am! I'm normally awake by 6am because I have to pee

26. Default

I confess I just got home from UTAH PRIDE FESTIVAL!!!

omg it was SO much fun!! I even got a pic with the FSM! (pics to follow... I have to go get ready for work, but had to post!)

Ashley - is that a wink in your siggy? I love it!

28. Default

Possibly.. She was bein goofy and I was just snapping away with the camera..

I confess I am SO sun-burned from goin to the Pride Parade this morning. We didn't think it was going to be as long as it was (nearly 2 hours!) and I didn't have any sunscreen on. Oops. So worth it!

29. Default

And here are the pics from Pride! I didn't take very many, was having way too much fun to even think about it...

Entrance...

The obligatory protesters.. *insert eye roll here* They were SCREAMING at people entering the festival, and yet none of the attendees yelled back. There were a few people that did go up and were very close to them, but all soft voices, and actually being really nice. It was pretty cool.

and that specific sign wasn't the one I wanted a pic of... the one I WANTED said something about "people who accept/love gays are abominations" (not exact words, but you get the point) and after reading it I said aloud "Well then I'm a proud abomination" and this girl who was near me goes "I like that. I'm a **** proud abomination too!"

One of my fav. floats in the parade; The same-sex marriage scenario.

And for the Pastafarians here -
    THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!

He touched me with his noodley appendage! (excuse how horrible I look...)
    Last edited by The10Eels; 06-06-2010 at 11:50 PM.

I've always wanted to go to a pride parade! I wonder if they have one here in Spokane...I'll have to look into it!