Page 380 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370378379380381382 390 430 480 880 1380 ... LastLast
Results 11,371 to 11,400 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh and about the day care thing, I think I would still trust you with the kids.
    I would too. I might think something was off but if I was one of your parents and knew what was going on with your mom....I would trust you. If you were all hunky dory, THAT would be what is weird and that I wouldn't trust.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

2. Default

I confess....

Audri at 9 months/ Charlie at 7 months

LOL...too cute and funny. And they look a lot alike!

5. Default

They have the same nose for sure!

Charlie and Audri totally look alike!!! I bet when they are older people will think they are twins since they are so close together in age.

And Bridget, I would trust you completely with my kids. Having to pick up a child a little early is not big deal. I'm sure the parents understand the position you are in and this incident specifically was caused through no fault of your own. As long as the kids are happy and enjoy coming to you, I'm sure the parents won't have any problems with leaving their LOs in your care.

Erin

Aww..aren't they cuties? You can tell they're related!!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Bridget, you're fine. They're fine. Don't worry about it.

As for celebrity bodies, F it. Download your email to a mail client and stop going to comcast.net

LOL
    Today: "Megan Fox hits the beach!" Blech...

Okay, tell me if I'm crazy.

DH has been talking about flying back for 4th of July weekend, which I'm really excited about. One drawback - I'll be around CD5 so no possible chance of TTC if I see him that weekend. He told me tonight he's getting another 4 day weekend in "about 2 weeks." Right now I'm on CD 8 of a 30-35 day cycle. Is it worth the money to fly him out that weekend on the chance the timing is right? Oh, and to see him, of course. That would be nice, too.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Would you be able to do both, or is it a one-or-the-other choice?

I know very little about timing, so I can't help you there but I think if you think there is a chance, you should go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Wow. I laughed so hard I think I'm about to start poopooing.

Unreal.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Okay, tell me if I'm crazy.

DH has been talking about flying back for 4th of July weekend, which I'm really excited about. One drawback - I'll be around CD5 so no possible chance of TTC if I see him that weekend. He told me tonight he's getting another 4 day weekend in "about 2 weeks." Right now I'm on CD 8 of a 30-35 day cycle. Is it worth the money to fly him out that weekend on the chance the timing is right? Oh, and to see him, of course. That would be nice, too.
    I think it's totally, totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Would you be able to do both, or is it a one-or-the-other choice?
    Not sure yet. Depends on $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I know very little about timing, so I can't help you there but I think if you think there is a chance, you should go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I think it's totally, totally worth it.
    Thanks ... I can't help but think with all the BFPs going around right now I need to take every chance I can get! Maybe something will rub off on me!

Yikes. I've been hearing sirens and I noticed one stopping near our house and my dogs were barking, so I went and looked out the front window. We live on the edge of a residential area by a major street, and there are businesses along the big street. There are currently 9 fire vehicles (fire trucks, paramedics, "public information officer" vehicles, etc.) and 2 police cars parked at a business across the street. The place is crawling with firemen, and there is definitely a hose running from the trucks to the doorway. I don't see any flames, but I think I see smoke coming out the door. There are firemen up on the roof doing something. And there are about 3 random cars parked outside my house just watching the activity.

Scary!
    And Ashley, I keep meaning to comment on how adorable your girls are.
    Oh, and I thought that picture of Megan Fox on the beach was gross. A six pack on a woman just isn't....womanly. Or maybe it's just her that bugs me because every interview I read is her talking about how hard it is to be hot.
    My brother just called me. He's with my mom. He's really upset because he says she keeps getting mad at him and telling him to stop confusing her when her tries to help her. That's how she's been. They had to take her from hospice to the hospital to put a tube in her arm for a different type of pain medicine that will go directly to her nerve. My dad and older brother went with her and while they were taking her in the room she was asking my dad if he was trying to kill her. My brother said that my dad just looked like he wanted to curl up and die right there. He lives and breathes for this woman and I know for him to have to think for one moment that she thinks he's trying to hurt her is just.....too much.
    She thinks everyone is trying to hurt her, kill her, trick her, confuse her and has this look of fear on her face all the time. It's so awful. She's also been saying really weird things like, "The cats are coming and I have no clothes on"
    I really don't think I'm going to tell her I'm pregnant. It's hard to explain but it's been on my mind non-stop. If I were to tell her when she was of sound mind I think she'd say, "Oh, Bridget..." and then she'd express all her worry about dbf's lack of help, our small house, our small income....and then eventually she'd get to being happy about it. But with her condition right now, her thought process is only going to be the first thought she has. Not sure I can take it if she has a negative reaction. Is that selfish. I suppose eventually when I tell my dad, I'll ask him what he thinks.
    Ugh.

That must be so hard, Bridget.

19. Default

Aww thanks Bridget! You've got two adorable little ones yourself... and I know #3 will be too!!!
    and I can totally see your reasoning behind not wanting to tell your mom..

I confess my cousin (by marriage) just got a brand new Harley as a gift from his dad..... FOR GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL!!

Bridget -

I didn't look at the picture of Megan Fox but I hear she's a real biatch!

I understand your reasoning on not wanting to tell your mom about the pregnancy.
    I see a lot of happiness and a lot of sadness around APA lately and the contrast between the two is kind of wigging me out.

I understand your hesitation in telling your mom Bridget. Your poor Dad to him too.

I know, there's been far too much sadness on APA lately. It just breaks my heart what people have been going through.

On a lighter note, is Katy around?? I need her baking expertise.

I made some maple syrup cookies and they're sickly sweet. I don't want to eat them, but I was wondering whether I could use them as the base for another desert - maybe crumble them into some kind of custard or cheesecake type thing?

Pie crust?

Me Katy?

I would dry them out in a low oven and them crush them and use them for a cheesecake or pie crust - same recipe and proportion as graham cracker. Except if they are really super sweet you could probably decrease the sugar. Or make your own ice cream bars -

check out this link
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...bs.html?cat=22

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess DH just called and he's going to fly home next weekend! We'll have 3 days together! And it should be right around O time!

Hugs to you, Bridget.

To whomever contrasted the joy and sadness - it's a real reflection of life. Our culture so much avoids death as an integral part of life that we seem to forget that pain and sadness is as important to the fabric of this living thing as is joy. Makes me a little crazy.

I, for one, think Bridget is a pretty amazing example of a woman able to live successfully in this pretty tenuous balance.

I agree, Stacy. I know it's all part of life but it still is a little unsettling, for some reason. I guess I've managed to avoid tragedy pretty well so far and it makes me afraid that it's just building up somewhere, just for me. I know that's irrational though.

Yay Mandy!

Stacy, . Reading that honestly touched my heart.
    And......now I'm bawling.