Page 378 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2783283683763773783793803884284788781378 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,340 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

April 18 I went to my nephews first communion and had to ask my sil for a tampon. That makes me about 10 days late. Unfruckingbelievable.
    It's the stress.

Stacy, you gave me some good tips to mention to Bobbie. My only fear is that if she does feel like she's gay, I don't want her thinking I'm trying to talk her out of it. But teenage years are such a confusing time, and she is always afraid of new things...like riding a bicycle. Jessica learned way before Bobbie did because Bobbie was just so afraid of it. She's like that with everything. I imagine sex wouldn't be much different in how she approaches new or different things.

That web site looks awesome. It's funny that it's simply named secularhomeschool. It's nice to know there are some who homeschool and actually teach real science.

Bridget, it very well could be the stress. Are you going to poas to be sure? I think I would just to put my mind at rest.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    The penises are not so important. It's always been about the person, to me.
    I couldn't agree with this more...

I was actually just having a conversation pretty similar to this with my friend from my phlebotomy class that I have been hanging out with alot recently. We went to the bar for a drink last night while my mom had the girls at dinner with some people from church.

She said she knew she was a lesbian from the time she was 12 or so, but still dated and had sex with 3 guys ("to be sure she really, really, REALLY hated it" lol) because that was what she was "supposed" to do...

Then she also made a comment about how penises are ugly... and I laughed and said Yup... they really aren't the prettiest things in the world.
    Last edited by The10Eels; 05-31-2010 at 11:22 AM.

4. Default

I confess I found out last night that the hospital here hired one of the girls from my phlebotomy class to work in the lab....

I confess it REALLY irks me, because said girl did not FINISH the class, and she REALLY sucks at drawing blood.... She missed on our instructor who had CRATERS of scars on her arms to show where to put the needle... and she missed on another girl who's veins are like half an inch across, WITHOUT a tourniquet...

ARG...

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Bridget-that dbf of yours is just the limit!! imo (for what it's worth) you had every right to be angry with him.

The only thing on Facebook that's really irritating me right now is my friend from high school who keeps trying to get me to join her Pure Romance page. She's always posting about her sales and it's just disturbing to me. I don't care what anyone does in their bedroom, but I'm not about to broadcast that kind of personal info on Facebook. I'm not going to purchase anything from her either.

Bobbie is on the fence about her sexual orientation. I don't care either way, but I am at a loss as I don't know what to 'advice' her, or if I even should. I know I never had any doubt in my mind about my own sexual orientation. So far, I've just been supportive and listened. Tonight she told me that the biggest reasons she feels she might be gay is 1) she feels she connects easier with women (but she's limited to rednecks with little intelligence, so that doesn't really surprise me) and 2) penises are ugly and she's afraid of them. I did laugh a little (not AT her, mind you) and told her that penises are ugly, no matter what and that's normal to feel that way...and being afraid of them is normal too. Maybe she's just not 'ready' yet. I said the only thing I don't want her to do is shut the door on any possibilities...meaning, if she meets a guy she does connect with in college, I don't want her to automatically count him out just because he has a penis. But I did reassure her that anyone she fell in love with would be accepted by me.

Who knows what the future will bring...I'm just glad she can talk to me about this stuff. I hope I don't say things that upset her though.
    It sounds like you're handling everything great, and the fact that she's talking to you about it all says a lot about your relationship.

I'm bi and it took me forever to figure out my orientation. It just takes a while for some people. She has plenty of time to figure it all out.

It's pretty isolated being a queer teen. Does she have any openly gay friends she can talk to? Any books? Are there any queer youth groups in your area? You could also tell her to check out afterellen.com - it has very active forums with lots of young people on them. Autostraddle.com is another pretty popular lesbian website. It's mostly pop-culture stuff - nothing too sleazy.

Hope that helps!

I know I posted in here that DH used to drink. The thing that really got me was how he lied about everything surrounding it hoping he could hide his drinking. He stopped drinking, and he stopped lying about drinking.

One of the things we've talked about with him being in the guard is the fact that he's around young guys in their 20's all the time and most of them drink. I worried he would be more likely to drink again, and he said he isn't even tempted by it and he's made it clear to them that he doesn't drink.

Yesterday morning he called me and said he might not be able to call me that night because he would be working (he's had night training missions before and let me know in advance he couldn't call, but this time he didn't phrase it that way and it sounded a little odd). I didn't really think anything of it, but then he called me this morning and said he was a designated driver for the guys last night and hated it, didn't want to do it again, and had a bad feeling about the whole thing. Oh, and he lent some money to some guy he doesn't know very well that he says will be paid back tomorrow. Okay -- sounds like he wasn't drinking, and I'm glad there was someone sober to drive so everyone was safe. BUT ... he lied to me about why he wasn't going to be able to call! He said he was going to be working! Which is just what he used to do when he was drinking. He would say he had to work and then go out, and he did have a job where it was just plausible enough to where I couldn't always be sure ahead of time if he was drinking or working. And even if he wasn't drinking (which I don't believe he was, but honestly he's 2000 miles away and I can't know for sure) the lying is alcohol related. Again. I REALLY don't want to go down this road again, and with him so far away it's not like I can check on him.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I'm sorry Mandy. It must be so hard to deal with that worry and not even be able to check on him.

He just called again for the second time to say he's lonely and he misses me.

I confess that I must be a weirdo. I find a lot of penises to be really pretty.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

omfg.omfg.omfg

I'm pregnant.

BRIDGET! Omg.

omg Bridget!!!!

to you too Mandy. Rich's drinking is an issue too, and I don't know how I'd cope in your situation. I don't know how to cope in my own, actually.

Janeen, you are a weirdo. But a good one. I confess I like some, but if I have to go watch strippers, male or female, I'd chose female. Strange penises are icky to me. I don't care to see them on tv either.

OMG Bridget! Hugs!

BRIDGET!!!!

Mandy where in FL is your DH??

Holy schmoly Bridget!!!

Mandy- That is such a horrible feeling. I know it all too well. I hope you're wrong.

I'm wigging out you guys. All I know at this point is that I have to keep it under wraps. My mom is not doing well. She checked into hospice care yesterday and nothing is better yet. She is suffering so much right now it's killing me. Tomorrow my brothers and I have to sit down with her, by her request, and write down the details of her funeral. She has very specific requests. It's such a dreaded conversation.
    My family is not ready for this news. My mom will never meet this baby.
    And it's no secret that dbf and I are in not in a good place. I don't know how or when I will tell him. So I am basically an emotional basket case right now. All over the place. I do have one consistent thought that keeps waving it's little hand above all the others...
    A baby

Life can be so unpredictable at times. Bridget, no matter what I know you'll be just fine. You're an amazing, strong person.

Bridget a lot of big stuff happening in you universe these days. Babies are kind of magical - their needs can be overwhelming but they are simple and uncomplicated. For a problem, that is about the happiest problem I can think of.

Mandy - I'm sorry that you are feeling worried about your dh. That must be so hard.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    omfg.omfg.omfg

I'm pregnant.
    Wow, Bridget! Congratulations! I'm sorry this is happening at such a sad point in your life, but I know that baby couldn't ask for a better mother.

21. Default

Life can be so unpredictable at times. Bridget, no matter what I know you'll be just fine. You're an amazing, strong person.
    This...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Wow, Bridget! Congratulations! I'm sorry this is happening at such a sad point in your life, but I know that baby couldn't ask for a better mother.
    And This.....

and yes Janeen... You are a weirdo.. but thats why we love you!

omfg.omfg.omfg

I'm pregnant.
    I know this timing is terrible and your emotions are in turmoil. But I know you are an awesome mama and a strong woman. And I have to say, the thought of another little Bridget baby makes me secretly very excited!

to you too Mandy. Rich's drinking is an issue too, and I don't know how I'd cope in your situation. I don't know how to cope in my own, actually.
    It's been a total non-issue for me because I KNOW for a fact he hasn't been drinking at all. He almost never goes anywhere without me, and the few times he does he's home on time and has never given me the slightest reason to worry. And I know it isn't happening at home. I took a long time to believe he really had quit, but he did prove to me it was over. So not being able to check on him when I'm uncomfortable is really making this difficult. I think this honestly may be more about my trust issues than his drinking right now. Unless he's fallen off the wagon. Then it's all about him. Of course, I never had trust issues in the first place until he gave me reason to have them, so I still blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Mandy where in FL is your DH??
    I'll PM you ... don't know how much detail it is okay to post and don't want to give his unit away.

I have been meaning to ask you, though, with the state of the AZ economy and now that he's a member of the FLNG I'm considering moving there when he gets back if job prospects are any good. Can you give me any insight?

Mandy- That is such a horrible feeling. I know it all too well. I hope you're wrong.
    I know you know. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    You said this better than I did. Yeah, that.

Oh, and about penises ... I agree they aren't pretty but they do have their charm...

Oh, and can I just brag about my nephew for a moment? I shared a video on FB of him playing the bass. He's 11 and only started playing a year ago. He's awesome, if I do say so myself. If you have me on FB, listen and tell me how wonderful he is. My ego needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    BRIDGET! Omg.

I bout fell out of my seat. Lydia says it best, and also, your kids are the most beautiful little creatures, and you do such a good job with them. Your baby is soo lucky.
    Just Midge

I thought about you all night Bridget. How are you doing?

See Bridget, if you'd have avoided those ugly penises... okay okay okay I'm sorry trying to interject some humor... CONGRATULATIONS!

I know, not the best timing. DBF is a tool and it's going to be so hard to follow this road with your mom knowing she'll never meet this grandbaby. But... if not now, when? You're a wonderful mom and I KNOW you've wanted another baby. So it is.

And I have to admit this little pang of happiness that you're going to have a baby that's close to Gus's age.

Been thinking about you a lot too, Bridget.

Woah, Bridget! I had a feeling you'd be pregnant since you said you were 10 days late!!!! Congratulations! You can do it! Come join us and revive the Knocked up heathens thread!

Thank you everyone so much for your kind and supportive words. I don't know what I'd do without you! I feel very isolated right now with no one to talk to. Whenever dbf calls I want to tell him but if I do and he loses his poker tournament he'll say it's because he couldn't focus. I know him and he always has to have something to blame when he fails.
    I'm all over the place emotionally. So much to contend with right now. So much.
    But a baby is a joy and a blessing no matter what and that is the only thing I know for sure right now.
    And Stacy, I know. Those **** penises.