Page 372 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2723223623703713723733743824224728721372 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,160 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Urg, it really pisses me off when places won't cross train. That was one of the major problems at my last cooking job. I worked salad/soup/cold food/desserts for over a year. Everyone else knew how to do grill, saute and fry except me. I was like gee, hold me back much?

Bahahaha Amy Sedaris is some kind of weird fairy on Yo Gabba Gabba right now.

Speaking of cross training, I was a waitress and bartender when I worked in Hawaii. A couple of us girls were trained to bartend but of course none of the males were trained to wait tables. I hated it so much when I showed up for my bartending shift and I had to waitress instead because they couldn't cover that shift but the guys were all over any available bartending shifts because the money was insane. One instance where being cross trained did not work in my favor!

That's extremely sexist Bridget. They should have expected the men to take their turn as well.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I confess that I am preparing to talk to Savana about my mom being sick. It's becoming too obvious and Savana is starting to take notice of how everyone is always asking me how my mom is doing and seeing me cry. I'm hoping I can get some time alone with her tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bridget; 05-21-2010 at 12:36 PM.

I confess I had a long and tiring day at work.

The thing I hate about waitressing is that if the chef screws up,the customers get angry with me, even though I've done my job perfectly.

Sometimes I feel like saying "You do realise I don't cook the food, right...?"

I'm sure you'll say exactly the right thing, Bridget.

Sarah yeah that is really tough! I could never be a waitress.

Bridget. I imagine that will be one of the most difficult conversations a parent can face.

People suck Sarah. They shouldn't be allowed to be rude. I think one of the most ridiculous sayings is, "The customer is always right." It makes me cringe...because they're not. And even if they are right, they can be polite about it.

Ah Bridget, how hard.

I confess that I'm heartbroken. The memorial lavender garden we planted for Jasper two years ago didn't survive last fall's terrible drought and early frost. I had thought it would, but most of the plants are dead. My farmer friend will help me replace them this week, but it's very hard for me to deal with right now.

I'm so sorry Stacy

I'm so sorry Stacy.

I hope you can get it growing beautifully again soon.

Stash

I'm excited...tomorrow is the Coming of Age service at church. The kids are going to talk about their credos--basically what they believe at this point. I think this is the service that the kids also get to run. They get to pick the music and the readings and everything. I think I'm going to cry!

Aw, Stacy. I'm so sorry.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Stacy and Bridget, you are both people I have learned so much from, and it makes me sad when everything isn't as totally perfect as you deserve.

Bridget - I hope your talk goes well. I'm sorry you have to deal with the whole thing. Everything you say about Savana, leads me to think that she's just such a grown up little girl, and that she's actually going to be such a great comfort to you. You're such a good momma.

Stash - I'm sorry about your garden. You'll get it going again.
    Just Midge

While Savana and I were laying in bed asked if she knew grandma was sick and she said, "She never coughs or anything. Isn't that weird? Maybe she's getting better."
    I said no that she wasn't getting better and it was a kind of sickness that is on the inside and we can't see it. She said, "I don't know why that medicine she takes that makes her hair fall out isn't making her get better. I think about that all the time." I told her that I think about it all the time too and that none of know why the medicine doesn't work for grandma but she decided to stop taking it. She asked me if that means that grandma is never going to get better and I said yes, that's what it means. She said, "That is so sad"

And then she said, "When I grow up I'm going to get all the baby animals that are almost extinct and keep them safe"
    And that was that.

Thanks guys. As is my style, I'm going out to buy a million dollars worth of lavender today to replace it. I'm not letting this one get me down, dammit.

And Bridget, I'm glad you're talking about it. It IS sad. And it is part of life. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Thanks guys. As is my style, I'm going out to buy a million dollars worth of lavender today to replace it. I'm not letting this one get me down, dammit.

Can't wait to see pictures!!
    Just Midge

21. Default

I confess I was about ready to click "Share" on Facebook, to post this card ---

but thought of what that would do to B's mom and sister that are on my friends list, and couldn't do it.

Is that card from post secret? It looks like something that would be on there.

As always, I think Bridget & Stash handled their situations perfectly.

My fridge had a foul odor to it...Rich commented & shut the door. I opened it to see what it was, and pulled the bottom drawer out to find a bag of chicken had fallen back there and had been forgotten. Wondering why Rich didn't feel compelled to investigate the matter himself.

Can't lie. I totally would have done what Rich did. Danny would be the investigator...and I'd look like this
    Just Midge

24. Default

Yes Chrissy.. It was from Post Secret..

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    Can't lie. I totally would have done what Rich did. Danny would be the investigator...and I'd look like this
    This made me giggle.. I'd probably do the same, but let my mom investigate since her sense of smell isn't that great, and the smell would probably make me want to vomit

That postcard would work for me too!
    I have always thought my post secret would be, "Deep down I think I wished you'd cheat on me so it would be easy for me to leave. Then my wish came true and I stayed. Dammit"
    Chrissy, once dbf open the fridge and said, "Something smells rotton in there" and went to the garage and sprayed air freshener all over the kitchen! I was about to lose my mind when he did that.
    Stacy I am also looking forward to seeing pics of your millions of dollars worth of lavender.

I'm always the one to investigate. DH will just walk around mentioning the stink for a week.

It's replanted. The plants are smaller than what I had before, but they'll do. I just had to have it PLANTED. Will post pics when it fills in a bit!

Grilling fail! I can't believe I still cannot guess when meat will be done. I brined some nice big bone-in chicken breasts and made barbecue sauce. We started to grill them outdoors and they weren't done in time before DH had to go out. I finished them in the oven and they were delicious. Josh even asked for seconds. I just feel bad DH will have to have his reheated.

The coming of age service was lovely today. It was interesting to hear everyone's perspectives and I'd say only 2 out of the 10 kids seemed just a little uncomfortable talking in front of the crowd.

I'm impressed that the kids were that comfy with public speak. Go them!!

Grilling is so hard to 'guess'. I leave that up to Rich. I don't think I've ever been able to successfully grill anything...not even a hot dog.

We cooked out today. It was so good! I sat in a lawn chair soaking up the sun while my husband did the work. Best.Day.Ever. <3

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post

My fridge had a foul odor to it...Rich commented & shut the door. I opened it to see what it was, and pulled the bottom drawer out to find a bag of chicken had fallen back there and had been forgotten. Wondering why Rich didn't feel compelled to investigate the matter himself.

Because he's a man. I could totally see mine doing the same thing.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

We don't grill much at all and have this tiny little baby grill. I have to admit that I usually have my chicken frozen and I boil it before grilling it. That way I know it's cooked but throw on the grill for the BBQ sauce.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36