Page 371 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2713213613693703713723733814214718711371 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,130 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

And Bridget, Oscar's asked me if he can drink boobies too, when my milk comes in. I don't want to say NO! so I've said "well, sure, if you need to. But the baby will NEED to since he can't eat the things you can." I'm hoping he decides elsewise.

And Midge, even the sass is funny. At least now. I probably won't say the same when Oscar is 11.

I love the name Gus. I think Gus and Oscar go well together too. They totally sound like brothers.
    AND we went through a major sass stage but Savana is honestly over it for the most part. With me, anyway. She still sasses dbf but she's usually right in what she's saying to him so I'm not going to come too hard on her for that.
    In fact, Savana is like rudeness police. If I respond to her or Kai with even a touch of annoyance (like if she's standing outside the bathroom while I'm trying to poop saying, "mommymommymommymommymommymommy") she says, "Why are being rude about it?"

I was thinking the same thing about Gus and Oscar, they sound very good together.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    And Bridget, Oscar's asked me if he can drink boobies too, when my milk comes in. I don't want to say NO! so I've said "well, sure, if you need to. But the baby will NEED to since he can't eat the things you can." I'm hoping he decides elsewise.

And Midge, even the sass is funny. At least now. I probably won't say the same when Oscar is 11.
    It can be funny even when they're older...especially if they 'get' you. Jessica is a quick wit and she's often 'burning' me. Bobbie is more serious, but every once in a while she comes out with a line of sarcasm that makes me lol.

Of course, it's all with the intent. I don't have mouthy kids somehow. I don't think Bobbie has ever spoke back to us in a disrespectful way, and Jessica has only done it once when she was extremely angry about something. I let it go because...well, it was just once and she's a teen.

So far, I've gotten off lucky.

Jennifer-about your appliances...couldn't you put your food in a cooler while the new one gets cold? Maybe not stock the freezer while using the loner. I'm sure you'll know approximately when it will happen and can plan accordingly, without having to toss any food.

All this talk about CSAs is making me ashamed I don't shop at the farmers market more.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Jessica has been invited to 'shadow' a friend at New Roots (the brand new charter school she may attend next year). I'm back and forth about her going...it's in its first year so little is known about them. But I keep thinking, nothing can be worse than the current public school they go to.

I have a packet of papers from them that I need to fill out if she's going to go next year.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post

Jennifer-about your appliances...couldn't you put your food in a cooler while the new one gets cold? Maybe not stock the freezer while using the loner. I'm sure you'll know approximately when it will happen and can plan accordingly, without having to toss any food.

(
    Yeah that is what my MIL said too. But I have chilled out today. I called the store myself to see what was going on (before i just had an email from my builder) and she handled things well on the phone as far as customer service goes (I'm a service coach at work so always on the lookout for good or bad customer service). I guess that they are being told by Whirlpool June 4th so that it's not really so far and I don't even know if I will be officially moved in. And I was concerned about dragging them along brand new flooring (I have never had appliances be delivered since we have rented for the past 7 years) but she said that they do lay down cardboard and such and that wasn't a problem.
    And I should still get them in plenty of time to get the rebates from Whirlpool.

I guess I shouldn't stress and complain too much if with building my biggest issues have been some backordered appliances and a few things with the electrician (he sent back my entry light deciding I didn't really mean to have one since the entry isn't big...didn't check with me....he has since put it in....the other issue he is going to try to fix but we don't know if he can or not...a certain fixture was supposed to have it's own switch and not be connected with another light).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Jessica has been invited to 'shadow' a friend at New Roots (the brand new charter school she may attend next year). I'm back and forth about her going...it's in its first year so little is known about them. But I keep thinking, nothing can be worse than the current public school they go to.

I have a packet of papers from them that I need to fill out if she's going to go next year.
    If she wants to give it a try, why not? It probably can't be much worse than the public school that you know you don't like.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

The 'why not' I worry about is...will she be educated at least to minimum state standards? What will prospective colleges/universities think of a hs degree from them? She'll be going into 11th grade so it's not like I have a lot of time to play around with her education.

The 'why not' I worry about is...will she be educated at least to minimum state standards? What will prospective colleges/universities think of a hs degree from them? She'll be going into 11th grade so it's not like I have a lot of time to play around with her education.
    Oh that makes sense. But don't charter schools still have to meet certain standards? And aren't they becoming more common...seems like there are a lot of them now compared to when I graduated in 1997.

It's been a bit but I'm not sure that any of the colleges I sent to (I was at three for undergrad!) really cared that much about which hs I went to...it was just a local public one. What they cared more about where what kinds of classes I took...but even than I still had to do some placement tests.

What is it about this charter school that is different? Do they still keep grades and GPA's? What kinds of classes do they offer?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I have actually offered booby to the twins, mostly Ronin, because Soren is sleeping so much and then won't eat if I'm the slightest bit engorged. So instead of going and pumping for a few minutes, it seemed easier to just have another baby deflate them for me. No go. Ronin tasted a drop from the pumped milk, but when I actually tried to offer it from the tap, he recoiled and said "NO, that's for babies." It really surprised me, because he did not want to wean and even now he has a huge fondness for boobies. He asks to see people's nipples and it took me a long time to get him to stop twisting mine when he was falling asleep.

I like Gus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Oh that makes sense. But don't charter schools still have to meet certain standards? And aren't they becoming more common...seems like there are a lot of them now compared to when I graduated in 1997.

It's been a bit but I'm not sure that any of the colleges I sent to (I was at three for undergrad!) really cared that much about which hs I went to...it was just a local public one. What they cared more about where what kinds of classes I took...but even than I still had to do some placement tests.

What is it about this charter school that is different? Do they still keep grades and GPA's? What kinds of classes do they offer?
    They offer the standard classes, and it's supposed to be more of a hands-on type learning environment. Smaller classrooms, better student-to-teacher ratio. Of course they're expected to teach up to state minimum recommendations, but this is literally their first year. It remains to be seen whether they can pull it off or not.

I don't know...I keep thinking 'worst case scenario' and 'what if' all the time. Jessica is extremely intelligent, but she's not Bobbie. If someone (or her learning environment) fails her, she won't complain, but she won't pass on her own either. Bobbie is the only 17-year-old that I know that will seek her own information and self-teach as needed. She could do home schooling and be her own teacher, I swear! I also don't want to set Jessica up to where she goes to college and gets frustrated because she's so far behind the other students. Bobbie would push herself. I fear Jess would give up.

I always worry about big decisions. I guess all moms do. I think about next year...at this time Bobbie will be a senior and on the brink of leaving home. Honestly, the thought of her living in a place where I can't (and have no right) to make sure she's safe and in bed every night terrifies me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I have actually offered booby to the twins, mostly Ronin, because Soren is sleeping so much and then won't eat if I'm the slightest bit engorged. So instead of going and pumping for a few minutes, it seemed easier to just have another baby deflate them for me. No go. Ronin tasted a drop from the pumped milk, but when I actually tried to offer it from the tap, he recoiled and said "NO, that's for babies." It really surprised me, because he did not want to wean and even now he has a huge fondness for boobies. He asks to see people's nipples and it took me a long time to get him to stop twisting mine when he was falling asleep.

I like Gus.
    I'm sorry but... at Ronin asking to see people's nipples!!!
    Last edited by missychrissy; 05-20-2010 at 09:46 AM.

I just gave Josh some hummus and crackers and he literally licked the plate clean and asked for more. I'm glad he likes interesting food.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I just gave Josh some hummus and crackers and he literally licked the plate clean and asked for more. I'm glad he likes interesting food.
    I have tried hummus a few times but didn't care much for it. I would eat it if I was starving and it was all that was there (like at a party or something)....but not going to be having it home again. It was too bad, I liked the idea of it in theory.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

14. Default

I have tried hummus a few times but didn't care much for it. I would eat it if I was starving and it was all that was there (like at a party or something)....but not going to be having it home again. It was too bad, I liked the idea of it in theory.
    Im the same way...

15. Default

I confess I took a nap earlier and had a dream about B's girlfriend.. (the 17 year old).

We were in an argument about my girls, and she said "Well those are my stepkids!"

and I flippin went off on her! I said something along the lines of "You can't even be a mother to your own daughter!!! Where the hell do you get off thinking you can be one to mine!?!"

I woke up so angry I was shaking....

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I took a nap earlier and had a dream about B's girlfriend.. (the 17 year old).

We were in an argument about my girls, and she said "Well those are my stepkids!"

and I flippin went off on her! I said something along the lines of "You can't even be a mother to your own daughter!!! Where the hell do you get off thinking you can be one to mine!?!"

Ick. So sorry you had to even dream that.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I like baba ghanoush much better than hummus. Hummus is too grainy or something.

I'm sorry, Ashley, that you had that upsetting dream.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I like baba ghanoush much better than hummus. Hummus is too grainy or something.

I'm sorry, Ashley, that you had that upsetting dream.
    Mmm, me too. Baba ghanoush is really good but I also think hummus is grainy.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Ronin looooves hummus. Me, I'm eh about it.

I was at a Hanukkah party one year and my (ex) fiance walked in, completely drunk, wearing a Santa Claus suit, and trotted over to the food with glee before announcing loudly, "I love hummus but it gives me terrible gas!" Everyone stopped talking--it was one of those moments. I cringed.

Have I mentioned before how incredibly lucky I am to have my dh? I tell him that all the time, but he deserves to know it. My ex was such a character that minor things (eating hummus, seeing a midget walking down the street, a certain brand of gin) remind me of him and each time I think of him I am grateful for my life now.

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I was at a Hanukkah party one year and my (ex) fiance walked in, completely drunk, wearing a Santa Claus suit, and trotted over to the food with glee before announcing loudly, "I love hummus but it gives me terrible gas!" Everyone stopped talking--it was one of those moments. I cringed.
    Oh. My. God. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

shutterbird Guest

Stacy, I love the name Gus. My brother was pretty adament on naming his son Agustus, but my SIL veto'd it pretty quickly.

I've got baby fever hardcore... kinda. I want a baby, but don't want to go through the trouble of having one. Anyway, my baby names are:

Girl: Madaleine Amelia
    "Mia"
    (Chose this when Lore turned 1... they don't really go together, but my next pregnancy will be my last and I want to use my next 2 favorite girl names)

Boy: Tobias/Finn/Maddox/Benjamin... Alexander. Boy names are the hardest for me. I don't think I'm destined to ever have a boy.

I like Gus too. I think it fits well with Jasper and Oscar.

Kim - Amelia is my favourite name ever. We ended up not using it because it sounds too much like the Icelandic word for "birthday". It would have been like calling our kid "Birthdaya".

Everyone around me is having babies all of a sudden. I don't have baby fever, but I'm afraid I might catch it!

Nope, no baby fever here!
    I said under my breath the other day about Josh, "I'm tired of arguing with you. I've been arguing with you for the last year and a half." LOL Seriously I feel that way sometimes.

Lately I have had stabs of baby fever here and there. I feel like Savana and Kai would make excellent older siblings. But it's nowhere near practical for me right now so I just keep pushing the thought out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post

What an awful dream.

I don't have baby fever. I mean, I like them and I've had a couple dreams about holding a newborn recently, but they're y'alls babies.

I have puppy fever. I would have baby fever but at this point, don't really believe that could happen anymore. So I think about puppies. I look at the website where we got Cosmo and see these cute little cockapoos. We are thinking of going buff/apricot/red next time. And I know I want another little girl. I know some would say to do a rescue but a shelter but most of them here are bigger dogs (lots of hunters) and we want another cockapoo. I have had three of them and they are the best. And I want to start out with a little puppy, not an older dog. Potty training is a pain but I just love that cute phase and how bonded you can get to them.

But it's not in the cards right now. Maybe next year but right now we need to move and get settled and worry about getting some grass to grow. And we need the money for other things...a new puppy would add a lot of expense with initial cost, vet costs that first year...and double groomer bills, double food bills.....

I wish I could ask Cosmo if she would like a little sister or if she would rather be an only child. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oscar still loves "booby cuddles" (or belly cuddles for that matter) and when he's super upset and tired sometimes I still hike up my shirt and he lays his cheek on my chest. Calms him down instantaneously.

I confess I'm back in my office and totally freaked out, both good and bad. We just got another major contract (5 years, huge) and I got another project today that's big and due in 3 weeks. We can do it all, I know it, but OH MY GOD I'm wigged out by it.

That's wonderful Stash. I'm sure you'll do just fine...but I tend to do the same thing when I think of the 'big picture' of what needs to be done. Even knowing full well I'm capable, I still stress and feel a little overwhelmed.

There's been some stuff going on at work that's made me think it might be time to start looking elsewhere for a job. I don't even care right now if it was in the IT field or not. It makes me sad, but biting my tongue is starting to affect me. I know it won't end well, so I'm tempted to get out while the gettins good.

29. Default

I confess there are things at work that are making me look for something new as well Chrissy...

The cafe manager told our store manager the other day that she would like to return to 5 days a week, which essentially cuts my position completely... and they have yet to cross train me in other departments, even after me practically begging for the past month...

I confess I turned in an application to the hospital yesterday for an ER Admitting Specialist position, and I really hope I get a call.....

I hope they call too. I really should start updating my resume. Even if I don't send it out, just knowing I can will make me feel better.