Page 367 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2673173573653663673683693774174678671367 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 11,010 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

ugh, finals week. Everyone's probably cramming, and ordering pizza delivery. I hate finals week...business slows down in the restaurant, making my DH totally nutso, and then we get slammed with graduation, first IC, then Cornell.
    Just Midge

Finals week is taking forever! Or I'm losing patience. I need to get into the TA rooms and clean up the computers & run updates.

Pizza arrived at 10 after, so not too bad. I let the call go to voicemail because I didn't recognize the number and someone was in our office for a consult. I guess it worked out for us because otherwise I would have said yes, 12:30 is ok lol

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

You know what's also really friggin saddening, and angering about the oil spill....the 11 men who died in the explosion...AND NO NEWS SOURCE HAS COVERED IT!!! WTF

I'm pissed.
    Just Midge

Yeah, what's up with that? I wonder if they're even making any attempts to find them and how their families are doing. Unless all the families requested to be left alone, you'd think there'd be stories there.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Umm, I don't wear contacts (or even glasses!) how did Accuvue (or however you spell it) know to send me a birthday e mail?
    Yuck. Have you checked your privacy settings on FB? Maybe they're selling your info to companies.

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    You know what's also really friggin saddening, and angering about the oil spill....the 11 men who died in the explosion...AND NO NEWS SOURCE HAS COVERED IT!!! WTF

I'm pissed.

One of the guys was actually from here. I went to elementary school with his daughter. They had a memorial service for him last week. There wasn't an empty seat in the church.

Speaking of spam, I get mail from AARP. Srsly, wtf?

I'm pissed.
    I heard about it in the very beginning...but not since they realized the oil was just going to keep spewing for weeks and weeks.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Hi guys, I'm home! Feeling bedraggled and tired and cranky, but happy to be here.

That's so creepy about the spammers.

And everything about that oil situation is heartbreaking.

Lydia, welcome back! Soren is just gorgeous!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Welcome back Lydia!!! And look at all your adorable babies together!!!! So sweet!

Erin

Welcome back Lydia! that is such a great and sweet picture of the siblings all together!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Lydia, your siggy melts my heart!

Aw Lydia! Your siggy pic is too cute!!

Welcome back, Lydia! Congratulations on your new little one. You have such a beautiful family (and I am continually amazed by the fantastic lighting in your photographs - please just tell me that's what it looks like naturally where you live so I don't have to keep trying to get that perfect light!)

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess that I just made a blueberry pie.

I confess that I made it for myself and will not be sharing with anyone.

I confess I have food issues.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Hey, Lydia! I'm glad to see you posting again!

Yay Lydia! I also love your pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Yuck. Have you checked your privacy settings on FB? Maybe they're selling your info to companies.
    Hmm, that could be it.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Speaking of spam, I get mail from AARP. Srsly, wtf?
    So do I, LOL
    I confess I had a dream last night that I had another baby..I wish I could remember what I named him, but it was definitely a boy. I dreamed that I was trying to breastfeed him (something I'm certain I would try if I had another, since the first time with Josh was a failure and I have always felt some guilt about that).

In the dream I had the realization that newborns sleep all day and I was all excited to have some downtime and then I remembered I had Josh to take care of. LOL What a weird dream.

Oh Lydia, those pictures are amazing. Your kids are just beautiful.

Where did you get those shirts??? They are too cute.
    Just Midge

I'm getting my toenails painted (toenail art) this afternoon for our holiday....flying on Tuesday (unless the ash cloud from the volcano stops us!) Wahooo!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    In the dream I had the realization that newborns sleep all day and I was all excited to have some downtime and then I remembered I had Josh to take care of. LOL What a weird dream.
    I keep coming to that realization too. There is no downtime.

Where did you get those shirts??? They are too cute.
    APA's very own Heather J made them. She has an Etsy Shop called Olive and Ollie, and she does a fabulous job. She also made last year's birthday shirts. She has a listing in the Member Market section.

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    You have such a beautiful family (and I am continually amazed by the fantastic lighting in your photographs - please just tell me that's what it looks like naturally where you live so I don't have to keep trying to get that perfect light!)
    It's not natural, believe me, but it's also one of the easiest things to change. All you need is a removable flash to fit on your camera, so it can bounce the light from the ceiling or walls. Dh has a very nice one, that can be angled in multiple directions and has an intensity adjustment. When he was in India I was so desperate for a good flash that I ordered an inexpensive version that does many of the same things but only has a few angles and can't be turned up. Mine is a Canon Speedlite 270EX. When people write to me and ask how I get good pictures, I tell them 2 things--removable flash and an uncluttered background.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I'm getting my toenails painted (toenail art) this afternoon for our holiday....flying on Tuesday (unless the ash cloud from the volcano stops us!) Wahooo!
    Have a great time in Spain! I lived there for half a year in high school, and loved it, but I kind of regret not being able to see all the fun touristy spots and beaches.

Lydia, from your pictures, it seems that Ronin is so happy and Claire is still trying to figure it all out.

Ronin is better at smiling on command. Claire was very serious the whole time, but she is being really gentle and helpful. We have a bunch of pictures of her trying to give the baby a pacifier.

Lovely to have you back Lydia. Soren is darling! I can already see the resemblance in Claire & Ronin.

I confess that Mia has been in underpants for the first time this afternoon. The score so far is clothes: 3, potty: 0. She's VERY excited to wear them though, and I'm hoping that the accidents will help her learn to recognise her body's cues. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Good luck with the PTing Sarah!

Definitely good luck! If you remember my first days, it was like clothes 20 potty 0 and it turned around by day 3.

We've said we'll give PT a try once we are back from Spain.....I'm scared...lol

It really is hard for a while and then Josh got it. It's so nice now. I don't even remember the last time he had an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Definitely good luck! If you remember my first days, it was like clothes 20 potty 0 and it turned around by day 3.
    Thanks, that gives me hope. Mia wants to wear the underpants, but now that I'm encouraging her to use the potty, she's being contrary and won't sit on it.

I know I need to be chill. The more pressure, the less likely she is to do something.