Page 362 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2623123523603613623633643724124628621362 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,860 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

shutterbird Guest

Do you ever take things as a sign? For instance, I'm supposed to be going on a trip to MD in a couple of weeks. I haven't bought the plane ticket yet, but I still have time. Anyway, Lorelai lost my license. I was going to get a State ID, but my birth certificate is missing, too. I've torn this apt apart looking for it. I know it'll surface eventually... we really just have too much stuff in too little of a space.

But this morning I woke up thinking, "Maybe it's a sign." I'm not really religious (or heck, even spiritual) at all, but I feel like I can't ignore it. It's not that I don't want to go, I do! I just feel like the universe is flashing a big red stop sign in front of my face right now.

Thoughts?

I'm funny about signs too. I tell myself I'm being stuper-sticious, but like you, sometimes I just can't ignore them. Or I feel like I shouldn't.

Corny or not, sometimes I tell myself to listen to what my gut says, as in over my heart. My heart may desire a thing something fierce, but if I have a sinking feeling in my gut I just opt out. I tell myself I'm crazy, but then there is so much that is unknown.

I'm sure I've helped nill.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I've been reading a message board about the paranormal so my first instinct is to tell you to ask the ghosts to give your license back. LOL

Seriously though, I lost my address book a while back. I was really upset because it had a couple baby pictures of me that my mom gave me when I was in the hospital having Josh. I had read about saying a little prayer to St. Anthony, the patron saint of missing things. (I am obviously not the praying type but I was desperate to find it) I said the prayer and the address book turned up the next day, in the bottom of a box of clothes I was unpacking. I have no idea how it got there.

The other day I couldn't find my credit card for the life of me. We went all the way to Target, pulled into a space and I checked my wallet. I remember I had taken it out the day before and I wanted to make sure I had put it back. I couldn't find it. So we came back. I looked all around and then I looked in my wallet again and it was right there. Not even really in a weird place, just a different slot than usual. I keep wondering what I avoided by not going into Target.

So yes I do believe that sometimes things happen like that, but I'm not sure if it's just a good coincidence, or something else.

I confess that I accidentally swore in front of Kai last weekend. He was actually sleeping. I said to my dad, "I hate sitcom comedy. The husband is always stupid and the wife is always a biatch."
    Kai lifted his head suddenly and said, "MOM! Don't say STUPID!" and closed his eyes again!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Do you ever take things as a sign? For instance, I'm supposed to be going on a trip to MD in a couple of weeks. I haven't bought the plane ticket yet, but I still have time. Anyway, Lorelai lost my license. I was going to get a State ID, but my birth certificate is missing, too. I've torn this apt apart looking for it. I know it'll surface eventually... we really just have too much stuff in too little of a space.

But this morning I woke up thinking, "Maybe it's a sign." I'm not really religious (or heck, even spiritual) at all, but I feel like I can't ignore it. It's not that I don't want to go, I do! I just feel like the universe is flashing a big red stop sign in front of my face right now.

Thoughts?
    I don't know. I'd be having the same thougth process. Then if it turned it up, I'd think oh so I am supposed to go. I think it's our subconcious talking to us. But it's not always really clear, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that I accidentally swore in front of Kai last weekend. He was actually sleeping. I said to my dad, "I hate sitcom comedy. The husband is always stupid and the wife is always a biatch."
    Kai lifted his head suddenly and said, "MOM! Don't say STUPID!" and closed his eyes again!
    That is too funny!!

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post

My MIL just dropped off Josh. I had to leave him with her at the last minute because I had an appointment this morning that I almost forgot about. First of all she never called to tell me when he'd be back. She told DH she'd probably drop him off around 1. So I stayed home after my appointment. She dropped him off at 4:30. Second, she is not really speaking to me. So when she dropped him off she just let him out of the car and he walked up to the door by himself. I was not happy with that. I feel like even if you hate me, you better keep my son safe. What if he had decided to turn and run the other way into the street? I don't know if I should confront her about this or just deem her an irresponsible person and never let her watch Josh again.

WTF was I thinking when I agree to live 2 minutes away from her?

I can't believe she's such a piece of chicken **** that she can't pick up the phone and talk to me or come up to my door when it comes to my son. It would make me laugh if it didn't make me so mad.

I confess that Kai practically cries at the smell of his own toots. He will pass gas and then say, "Mooooommmmmmm. Pew! It stiiiinks" and he's, like, ready to shed tears.
    He also has taken to ask me all day what time it is. As if he has somewhere to be.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    My MIL just dropped off Josh. I had to leave him with her at the last minute because I had an appointment this morning that I almost forgot about. First of all she never called to tell me when he'd be back. She told DH she'd probably drop him off around 1. So I stayed home after my appointment. She dropped him off at 4:30. Second, she is not really speaking to me. So when she dropped him off she just let him out of the car and he walked up to the door by himself. I was not happy with that. I feel like even if you hate me, you better keep my son safe. What if he had decided to turn and run the other way into the street? I don't know if I should confront her about this or just deem her an irresponsible person and never let her watch Josh again.

WTF was I thinking when I agree to live 2 minutes away from her?
    That would make me furious!

Bridget, your Kai is a riot!!!!

Elle also doesn't like her poots or poop. She will go on and on about how "boo boo is ewwwwwwww!!" or "nassy" (nasty for her LOL) or "yuck." She tries to get out of the bathroom as soon as possible after taking a dump and always wants to hurry and send her boo boo bye bye cause it is so nassy.

Erin

I confess Elle is still not walking independently and I was actually considering taking her for some physical therapy even though I know there is nothing physically wrong with her, but thinking maybe someone else can see something that I might be too blinded by adoration to see.

But today I decided to try teaching her to be more confident walking by myself first for a couple of weeks until she turns 20 months old. So I gave her a plastic stick (a broken piece of a plastic hanger) and let her hold onto it while I held the other side and we walked around all day. When we went to the gym where I workout I let go of the stick to see what she would do, and you know she walked about 10-15 steps by herself with no problem at all until she looked up and saw I wasn't holding the stick, then she gave me a mean look and threw her hands on the ground in an army crawl position and wailed like she was hurting. She gave me dirty looks for about 30 minutes. So now I feel stupid for thinking she could benefit from some physical therapy and I feel bad for tricking her. I'm going to try to replace the stick with a thin belt next week to see if she'll hold on to that. I guess she just likes to hold onto something for security.

Oh and I didn't walk until I was 22 months, my mother still is amazed at how I could speak in 4-5 word sentences (like Elle) and was potty trained (which I think will be Elle as well) before I could walk. She laughs at how similar we are.

Erin

My cousin did the exact same thing with a jump rope!! She'd walk all over if someone held the other end, but if they let go she'd sit down

Best wishes for tomorrow, Janeen! Can't wait to see photos of the little one.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Best wishes for tomorrow, Janeen! Can't wait to see photos of the little one.
    Thanks!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Ack...I just saw someone I know I used to know, working at the library...but I was too chicken to ask him who he was!

I have a feeling we go way back, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. Why didn't I just ask him? Oh well, I hope I see him again!

I confess last night I was enjoying some wine. I went for a second glass (not a wine glass but a regular 16 oz glass....my wine was warm so I wanted room for ice cubes). I had it decently full with wine and ice, set it on the counter didn't realize it was on a little wetness and the thing started sliding. I tried to grab it and made it worse and down the glass went.
    It was one of 8 that we have had since getting married 7 years ago and I finally broke one.
    Glass, wine and ice everywhere. I'm a slightly buzzed. And the dog wants to walk in and check it out. Dh was sleeping but work up to my yelling sh*t and helped me clean up. Got the vacuum out and everything. Still finding tiny pieces of glass today...we're just glad DH stepped on it and not Cosmo.
    Vacuumed and mopped today so hopefully we finally got it all.

What a mess!

The good news is that the house is coming along great and we might actually be able to move around memorial day. and I have someone who wants my townhouse...just trying to see if we can make it work as her lease is up end of May.
    My lease isn't up until end of October (landlord knows we are moving) and we definitely hoping to find someone else to rent so we aren't stuck paying until than.

I think that I need to start packing.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Okay, so after being sad that I tricked Elle into walking, she decided to go ahead and walk this evening. She took off like she had been walking for months and even ran a little later on. Maybe she realized after my tricking her that she didn't need to hold on anymore. I'd like to think that was the reason anyway since I felt bad for doing it and making her mad at me.

Erin

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess that I'm having a really hard time keeping up with this thread. I haven't had too much computer time, so I check in with my phone when I get a chance and can't post replies, and then by the time I get in front of a computer too much time has elapsed to remember everything I wanted to say or even provide timely commentary on a post.

Bridget, your goldfish story made me cry today when I was out to lunch with dh and he went to the restroom (see, I told you I check in when I can).

Erin, it sounds like you did the right thing. Congrats on your walker!

Oh, and as far as broken glass, I have to sweep, then mop, then get down on my hands and knees with a damp paper towel and go over the floor inch-by-inch and even then I still find little shards later.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 05-08-2010 at 11:56 PM.

Broken glass is such a pain (pardon the pun)

I confess I feel bad about a mix up at work. I misunderstood something, and ended up having to flake out on a shift at the last minute because DH has to work the same evening.

I hate letting people down like that!

Erin, congrats on Elle walking! That's awesome.

I had dinner at a friends house last night. She has 3 young children. I had a great time and the kids were so excited I was there, they even wanted me to lie down with them at bedtime. I have to admit that deep down inside, a secret part of me was sort of pleased that I have so much peace and quiet at my house. I feel really bad about feeling that way.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I confess my mother made her own mother's day plans with my aunt and didn't think to include me until I called her 10 minutes before she was leaving the house. Dad called me up yesterday and asked me to come over for dinner last night, and I told him I already had plans. So he said "Okay, you can come over some other time." Then I called Mom this morning to wish her a happy Mother's Day and she said she had to go because she was going to the movies with my aunt. Then she invited me and I told her I didn't want to go. I should mention she went on a picnic with my aunt on Easter and didn't even TELL me about it until after, so this is the second time in two months she has made plans for a holiday and didn't include me. So I told her I didn't want to come, as she obviously hadn't though about inviting me. Then she got annoyed because "I invited you last night and you didn't come." I pointed out that last night wasn't Mother's Day. What the hell?
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Okay, so after being sad that I tricked Elle into walking, she decided to go ahead and walk this evening. She took off like she had been walking for months and even ran a little later on. Maybe she realized after my tricking her that she didn't need to hold on anymore. I'd like to think that was the reason anyway since I felt bad for doing it and making her mad at me.

Erin

I confess I just realized I didn't call my mother yet and it's 8:39 pm. She's only recently started acting like a mom to me, so it's hard for me to remember. Still...she's been doing so well lately & I kinda feel like sh!t for forgetting her.

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess my mother made her own mother's day plans with my aunt and didn't think to include me until I called her 10 minutes before she was leaving the house. Dad called me up yesterday and asked me to come over for dinner last night, and I told him I already had plans. So he said "Okay, you can come over some other time." Then I called Mom this morning to wish her a happy Mother's Day and she said she had to go because she was going to the movies with my aunt. Then she invited me and I told her I didn't want to go. I should mention she went on a picnic with my aunt on Easter and didn't even TELL me about it until after, so this is the second time in two months she has made plans for a holiday and didn't include me. So I told her I didn't want to come, as she obviously hadn't though about inviting me. Then she got annoyed because "I invited you last night and you didn't come." I pointed out that last night wasn't Mother's Day. What the hell?
    What is up with that? That would really hurt my feelings.

I confess that I drove 30 minutes last night to meet my brother and his boyfriend for a drink. It was boyfriend's birthday and I'm trying really hard to develop a relationship with him because I love my brother so much. So picture me making this effort. I didn't want to do dinner because I can't really afford it and I'd have felt too nervous not knowing anyone. He said it was totally informal but they'd be done by 8:30. So I pulled up to the place at 8:30 and called my brother. He was like, "Oh, you're here already?" and I said, "Am I too early?" He said they had not ordered yet. I said, "Are you all sitting around a table where there's no room to pull up a chair" and he said, "kind of".
    Soooo, I had to go wait at the bar in a totally separate room. They were the only ones eating in the dining room. The only ones. And people were taking smoke breaks in the bar area so it was not a formal situation. I just felt so much like I wished I hadn't come at all. Like I wasn't even really wanted there. I waited an hour. My brother did come out twice to smoke a cigarette and chat with me. I sucked it up and got over it and enjoyed myself but only stayed for one additional hour after the party joined me at the bar.
    Is it just me or was that kind of rude? If the situation had been reversed, I'd have made **** sure there was a spot for my brother at the table when he arrived.

I agree Bridget, that was rude.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Totally rude and thoughtless.

Ok, not just me then. My brother has a history of selfish behavior so I shouldn't be surprised. I just kept thinking I could be home snuggled up on the couch with my kids.
    How was everyone's mother's day? I'm sad about all the woman on the board who feel like no one appreciates them. I know how that feels but I've grown so weary of disappointment that I don't even bother with it anymore. It's all about Savana and Kai. If they grow up to be confident successful people, that is all the thanks I'll ever need. It was really cute though that while I was cooking breakfast, Savana asked for the mother's day craft that she made in daycare with me. It was a picture of her holding a sign that said "I love Mom" and then a cardboard frame decorated with ceramic pieces. She took and hid it under a couch cushion and told me I had to find it. It took awhile!
    Plus I got to spend the day with my mom, which is a precious gift in itself. And Lydia, I did the grandparent interview with the kids this morning and printed it off for her. She was kind of groggy on her meds so I didn't get too much of a reaction but I left it on the kitchen counter so I hope she'll get a smile from it later.