Page 361 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351359360361362363 371 411 461 861 1361 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,830 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    I'm trying, just need to get back in the habit. I just made a comment about how Stephanie's picture was fugly and misinterpreted a reply from Kim. I just didn't want to offend Steph so I erased it.

I miss it here too. I just need to get in the habit of taking out time for my computer again.
    Yes, you need to work up a healthy internet addiction like the rest of us.

Speaking of Erins, where is the other Erin? I don't think I've seen her post in here for a couple of days.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess Audrianna has Thank you confused for You're welcome...

We were in my cafe today, and my manager saw a penny on the floor and told Audri if she picked it up she could have it.. So she did, and I told her "Tell J Thank you.." Audri turned around and said "Welcome!"
    Mine do that all the time with each other. I don't think it's confusion about the meanings so much as that they expect "Welcome!" to follow the "Thank you" and have a hard time resetting their expectations.

Erin. Don't stay away on your bad days. That's when you need to be here.

4. Default

I think that may have been it in that situation, but I'll hand her her milk, and she'll say "Welcome mommy" and run off..

I think that may have been it in that situation, but I'll hand her her milk, and she'll say "Welcome mommy" and run off..
    I take care of a little girl that does that. I'll wipe her butt and help her pull up her pants and she'll kiss my cheek and say, "Welcome, Bid-jet" and run off.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I know.
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

I take care of a little girl that does that. I'll wipe her butt and help her pull up her pants and she'll kiss my cheek and say, "Welcome, Bid-jet" and run off.
    hehe That's really cute.

When I was younger, my mom was trying to teach me to politely ask who's calling after someone says hello on the phone. Well, during that point, the phone rang, and my mom said, "Why don't you answer and try out what I taught you?" and I ran over, picked up the phone, and said, "Who's calling?" Luckily, it was just my aunt, but I felt really silly.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

That's adorable. She's in the process of working out what it all means. Awesome!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

shutterbird Guest

I agree!

shutterbird Guest

I confess I apparently "scared" a woman today in the Target parking lot. I was getting Lorelai out of the backseat when a very distracted woman (cell phone) flung open her door. Well, the side of her door met the edge of my open one and created a pretty dent in the side of her car.

She was in a little two seater with a new baby (3 months old?) forward facing in the front seat. Between getting the baby out of the car seat and talking on the phone, I don't see how that was my fault. Anyway she gave me a really nasty look and I asked her what her problem was and told her that maybe she should have been paying attention. I left after that, but DH stayed behind because he was talking to his brother on the phone.

When he came in, he said that the woman said I scared her and didn't need to "scream" at her. WTH! I wish I had been there, because I might've showed her what the definition of screaming is. I didn't even raise my voice!

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Geez, she's lucky it was you and not me. I would've gone off about the kid forward facing AND in the front seat. What an idiot.

Oh, and I can smell DH's farts from upstairs. BARF.

shutterbird Guest

I don't even waste my time anymore, Cass. I have in the past. People are stupid here. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that... babies hanging onto the steering wheels, sitting in the back of the truck with their daddy on the FREEWAY.

You scared her??? You big meanie.
    Anyone around her should be afraid! That kind of stupidity terrifies me.

I confess I had McD's cheeseburger for lunch and it was delicious but I feel so guilty about it....lol

15. Default

I confess I am going out on the town tonight with one of the girls from my Phlebotomy class. We went out for a drink after class tuesday night and she found out my birthday is next week, and I had ZERO plans.... So we are doing an early birthday celebration!

I confess I am going out on the town tonight with one of the girls from my Phlebotomy class. We went out for a drink after class tuesday night and she found out my birthday is next week, and I had ZERO plans.... So we are doing an early birthday celebration!
    Fun!

I confess that I don't have the greatest relationship with my older brother. Our relationsip had been really strained as I didn't get along with his wife very well. But since my mom has been sick, sil and I have buried the hatchet. I appreciate very much how hard she is trying even if it may not be totally genuine. But here's what bugs me. Every time I send my brother an email, his wife responds to it from her email via him forwarding it to her. It hurts my feelings that him and I can't communicate without her involvement. I think back to when we were kids and I miss him! But it's not the right time to say anything. I can't risk possibly tarnishing our relationship at such a sensitive time for everyone.

Hmm, that's really weird. He's your brother, not an ex boyfriend. Why does he forward it to her?

Does anyone with a laptop know how to play with the touch pad sensitivity? I don't use a mouse. I read something about turning off or down the sensitivity when you're typing, so if you bump the pad with your hand it wouldn't register, but I can't find it in my controls.

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    *hop hop hop*

I spoke with someone from the Bursar's office. Their fall calculator for figuring out tuition is down, but she gave me an estimate based on my credits and all..

MY AID COVERS EVERYTHING!!!!!

omg I am SOOOO happy for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I don't even waste my time anymore, Cass. I have in the past. People are stupid here. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that... babies hanging onto the steering wheels, sitting in the back of the truck with their daddy on the FREEWAY.
    Where the heck do you live?

That's awesome! Have fun!!

I confess that I don't have the greatest relationship with my older brother. Our relationsip had been really strained as I didn't get along with his wife very well. But since my mom has been sick, sil and I have buried the hatchet. I appreciate very much how hard she is trying even if it may not be totally genuine. But here's what bugs me. Every time I send my brother an email, his wife responds to it from her email via him forwarding it to her. It hurts my feelings that him and I can't communicate without her involvement. I think back to when we were kids and I miss him! But it's not the right time to say anything. I can't risk possibly tarnishing our relationship at such a sensitive time for everyone.
    My father did that to me once with his wife. I was like wtf? I don't understand why he did it, but I won't email him anything that I don't want his wife to know about ever again. I had encouraged him to go buy a brand new Challenger (Charger? I can't keep them straight) if that's what he wanted to do, and she responded with a sarcastic, "What a wonderful idea!"

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Does anyone with a laptop know how to play with the touch pad sensitivity? I don't use a mouse. I read something about turning off or down the sensitivity when you're typing, so if you bump the pad with your hand it wouldn't register, but I can't find it in my controls.
    What kind of laptop is it? Toshiba? Dell? HP?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Have some for meeeeeeeee!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Have some for meeeeeeeee!
    And for me! Get a jug of sangria for me, please.

I'm a little sad that I won't get to partake in the sangria when we go to Spain in just over a week.

Ugh, I wish my DH would start talking about baby names with me; he's been useless so far!

I confess that we'll have a baby by the end of the weekend.

Here's the update on my 40w1d appointment yesterday if anyone hasn't read it....

http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/...d.php?t=249407

Janeen, we better get pics as soon as the baby pops out!

The laptop will be with us as well as a point and shoot camera, my moms DSLR and a video recorder...pictures shall be posted soon!

Here's the update on my 40w1d appointment yesterday if anyone hasn't read it....

http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/...d.php?t=249407
    I'm hoping for the best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post

What kind of laptop is it? Toshiba? Dell? HP?
    It's an Asus--I never heard of them before but DH read up on them and said they were good.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I'm a little sad that I won't get to partake in the sangria when we go to Spain in just over a week.
    MMM sangria. That was the best part about going to Spain in high school. We could drink the sangria!

Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    It's an Asus--I never heard of them before but DH read up on them and said they were good.
    There are different models, but the most commonly recommended that I found via a quick google search suggests:

Control Panel > Mouse > Elantech tab > Options

You should find something under the Mouse settings regarding your touchpad.

shutterbird Guest

Where the heck do you live?
    Houston. Illegal immigrant capital of the US. Okay, that was just mean... but sorta true.

shutterbird Guest

Ashely, have fun on your night out! I'm glad you have somebody to celebrate with.

Good luck Janeen! I know you are beyond ready to have him here.

There are different models, but the most commonly recommended that I found via a quick google search suggests:

Control Panel > Mouse > Elantech tab > Options

You should find something under the Mouse settings regarding your touchpad.
    Ah ha! I think I found it. We'll see how this goes. Thanks! (I just couldn't find the mouse tab in my control panel but after fooling around with it I figured it out )