Page 361 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351359360361362363 371 411 461 861 1361 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,830 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #10801
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    I'm trying, just need to get back in the habit. I just made a comment about how Stephanie's picture was fugly and misinterpreted a reply from Kim. I just didn't want to offend Steph so I erased it.

    I miss it here too. I just need to get in the habit of taking out time for my computer again.
    Yes, you need to work up a healthy internet addiction like the rest of us.

    Speaking of Erins, where is the other Erin? I don't think I've seen her post in here for a couple of days.


  2. #10802
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess Audrianna has Thank you confused for You're welcome...

    We were in my cafe today, and my manager saw a penny on the floor and told Audri if she picked it up she could have it.. So she did, and I told her "Tell J Thank you.." Audri turned around and said "Welcome!"
    Mine do that all the time with each other. I don't think it's confusion about the meanings so much as that they expect "Welcome!" to follow the "Thank you" and have a hard time resetting their expectations.


  3. #10803

    Default

    Erin. Don't stay away on your bad days. That's when you need to be here.

  4. Default

    I think that may have been it in that situation, but I'll hand her her milk, and she'll say "Welcome mommy" and run off..

  5. #10805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I think that may have been it in that situation, but I'll hand her her milk, and she'll say "Welcome mommy" and run off..
    I take care of a little girl that does that. I'll wipe her butt and help her pull up her pants and she'll kiss my cheek and say, "Welcome, Bid-jet" and run off.

  6. #10806
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Erin. Don't stay away on your bad days. That's when you need to be here.
    I know.
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

  7. #10807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I take care of a little girl that does that. I'll wipe her butt and help her pull up her pants and she'll kiss my cheek and say, "Welcome, Bid-jet" and run off.
    hehe That's really cute.

    When I was younger, my mom was trying to teach me to politely ask who's calling after someone says hello on the phone. Well, during that point, the phone rang, and my mom said, "Why don't you answer and try out what I taught you?" and I ran over, picked up the phone, and said, "Who's calling?" Luckily, it was just my aunt, but I felt really silly.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  8. #10808
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I think that may have been it in that situation, but I'll hand her her milk, and she'll say "Welcome mommy" and run off..
    That's adorable. She's in the process of working out what it all means. Awesome!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  9. #10809
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Erin. Don't stay away on your bad days. That's when you need to be here.
    I agree!

  10. #10810
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    I confess I apparently "scared" a woman today in the Target parking lot. I was getting Lorelai out of the backseat when a very distracted woman (cell phone) flung open her door. Well, the side of her door met the edge of my open one and created a pretty dent in the side of her car.

    She was in a little two seater with a new baby (3 months old?) forward facing in the front seat. Between getting the baby out of the car seat and talking on the phone, I don't see how that was my fault. Anyway she gave me a really nasty look and I asked her what her problem was and told her that maybe she should have been paying attention. I left after that, but DH stayed behind because he was talking to his brother on the phone.

    When he came in, he said that the woman said I scared her and didn't need to "scream" at her. WTH! I wish I had been there, because I might've showed her what the definition of screaming is. I didn't even raise my voice!

  11. #10811
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Someone just dropped a house on my sister!
    Posts
    21,250

    Default

    Geez, she's lucky it was you and not me. I would've gone off about the kid forward facing AND in the front seat. What an idiot.

    Oh, and I can smell DH's farts from upstairs. BARF.

  12. #10812
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    I don't even waste my time anymore, Cass. I have in the past. People are stupid here. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that... babies hanging onto the steering wheels, sitting in the back of the truck with their daddy on the FREEWAY.

  13. #10813

    Default

    You scared her??? You big meanie.
    Anyone around her should be afraid! That kind of stupidity terrifies me.

  14. #10814
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    I confess I had McD's cheeseburger for lunch and it was delicious but I feel so guilty about it....lol

  15. Default

    I confess I am going out on the town tonight with one of the girls from my Phlebotomy class. We went out for a drink after class tuesday night and she found out my birthday is next week, and I had ZERO plans.... So we are doing an early birthday celebration!

  16. #10816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I am going out on the town tonight with one of the girls from my Phlebotomy class. We went out for a drink after class tuesday night and she found out my birthday is next week, and I had ZERO plans.... So we are doing an early birthday celebration!
    Fun!

  17. #10817

    Default

    I confess that I don't have the greatest relationship with my older brother. Our relationsip had been really strained as I didn't get along with his wife very well. But since my mom has been sick, sil and I have buried the hatchet. I appreciate very much how hard she is trying even if it may not be totally genuine. But here's what bugs me. Every time I send my brother an email, his wife responds to it from her email via him forwarding it to her. It hurts my feelings that him and I can't communicate without her involvement. I think back to when we were kids and I miss him! But it's not the right time to say anything. I can't risk possibly tarnishing our relationship at such a sensitive time for everyone.

  18. #10818

    Default

    Hmm, that's really weird. He's your brother, not an ex boyfriend. Why does he forward it to her?

    Does anyone with a laptop know how to play with the touch pad sensitivity? I don't use a mouse. I read something about turning off or down the sensitivity when you're typing, so if you bump the pad with your hand it wouldn't register, but I can't find it in my controls.

  19. #10819
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    *hop hop hop*

    I spoke with someone from the Bursar's office. Their fall calculator for figuring out tuition is down, but she gave me an estimate based on my credits and all..


    MY AID COVERS EVERYTHING!!!!!

    omg I am SOOOO happy for you!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I don't even waste my time anymore, Cass. I have in the past. People are stupid here. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that... babies hanging onto the steering wheels, sitting in the back of the truck with their daddy on the FREEWAY.
    Where the heck do you live?

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I am going out on the town tonight with one of the girls from my Phlebotomy class. We went out for a drink after class tuesday night and she found out my birthday is next week, and I had ZERO plans.... So we are doing an early birthday celebration!
    That's awesome! Have fun!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that I don't have the greatest relationship with my older brother. Our relationsip had been really strained as I didn't get along with his wife very well. But since my mom has been sick, sil and I have buried the hatchet. I appreciate very much how hard she is trying even if it may not be totally genuine. But here's what bugs me. Every time I send my brother an email, his wife responds to it from her email via him forwarding it to her. It hurts my feelings that him and I can't communicate without her involvement. I think back to when we were kids and I miss him! But it's not the right time to say anything. I can't risk possibly tarnishing our relationship at such a sensitive time for everyone.
    My father did that to me once with his wife. I was like wtf? I don't understand why he did it, but I won't email him anything that I don't want his wife to know about ever again. I had encouraged him to go buy a brand new Challenger (Charger? I can't keep them straight) if that's what he wanted to do, and she responded with a sarcastic, "What a wonderful idea!"

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Does anyone with a laptop know how to play with the touch pad sensitivity? I don't use a mouse. I read something about turning off or down the sensitivity when you're typing, so if you bump the pad with your hand it wouldn't register, but I can't find it in my controls.
    What kind of laptop is it? Toshiba? Dell? HP?

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  20. #10820
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I am going out on the town tonight with one of the girls from my Phlebotomy class. We went out for a drink after class tuesday night and she found out my birthday is next week, and I had ZERO plans.... So we are doing an early birthday celebration!
    Have some for meeeeeeeee!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  21. #10821
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Have some for meeeeeeeee!
    And for me! Get a jug of sangria for me, please.

    I'm a little sad that I won't get to partake in the sangria when we go to Spain in just over a week.

    Ugh, I wish my DH would start talking about baby names with me; he's been useless so far!

  22. #10822
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    I confess that we'll have a baby by the end of the weekend.

    Here's the update on my 40w1d appointment yesterday if anyone hasn't read it....

    http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/...d.php?t=249407
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  23. #10823
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    Janeen, we better get pics as soon as the baby pops out!

  24. #10824
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    The laptop will be with us as well as a point and shoot camera, my moms DSLR and a video recorder...pictures shall be posted soon!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  25. #10825
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that we'll have a baby by the end of the weekend.

    Here's the update on my 40w1d appointment yesterday if anyone hasn't read it....

    http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/...d.php?t=249407
    I'm hoping for the best for you.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  26. #10826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post


    What kind of laptop is it? Toshiba? Dell? HP?
    It's an Asus--I never heard of them before but DH read up on them and said they were good.

    Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I'm a little sad that I won't get to partake in the sangria when we go to Spain in just over a week.
    MMM sangria. That was the best part about going to Spain in high school. We could drink the sangria!

    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that we'll have a baby by the end of the weekend.

    Woohoo!

  27. #10827
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    It's an Asus--I never heard of them before but DH read up on them and said they were good.
    There are different models, but the most commonly recommended that I found via a quick google search suggests:

    Control Panel > Mouse > Elantech tab > Options

    You should find something under the Mouse settings regarding your touchpad.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  28. #10828
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Where the heck do you live?
    Houston. Illegal immigrant capital of the US. Okay, that was just mean... but sorta true.

  29. #10829
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Ashely, have fun on your night out! I'm glad you have somebody to celebrate with.

    Good luck Janeen! I know you are beyond ready to have him here.

  30. #10830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    There are different models, but the most commonly recommended that I found via a quick google search suggests:

    Control Panel > Mouse > Elantech tab > Options

    You should find something under the Mouse settings regarding your touchpad.
    Ah ha! I think I found it. We'll see how this goes. Thanks! (I just couldn't find the mouse tab in my control panel but after fooling around with it I figured it out )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •