Page 354 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2543043443523533543553563644044548541354 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,620 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Hey everyone! Haven't had a chance to read all the stuff I missed yet, but I hope everyone is well!

I had a bit of a scare last night. My ankle swelled up again (I'm retaining water a lot from the heat and certain bad food/drink habits I need to cut) and at first all was fine, but when I laid down, the leg that the swelled ankle was on started hurting.. it got slightly worse, but nothing I definitely couldn't handle. Probably a 3 on the pain scale. But I freak about everything .. swelling.. pain.. I'm overweight.. so the first thing that comes to mind is a blood clot, and I had to stop myself from worrying. There was no redness to the leg, no swelling on the leg itself, just the ankle, and other than the pain, I was fine.

It went away in about a couple of hours.. and I finally went to sleep, and woke up to severe AF cramps Then I found a small lump on the top of my thigh which made me flip out more for some unknown reason.

So I called my mom to knock some sense into me, and she just thinks the swelling was for the earlier reasons I mentioned, the leg pain was due to a vitamin deficiency - I'm more than positive that's true - and the lump is probably a cyst or something non-harming. I'm sure she's right, and I knew all the facts last night. So why do I always have to freak myself out over nothing?
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

I confess that MIL drives me batty with her constant worries about me going back to work and Mia being in daycare. Unless she wants to help pay our bills, she needs to shut up about it.

Hugs Lauren. It's always a little scary when our body does weird things. My imagination goes crazy too, especially when I start consulting with Dr Google.

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Just got back from the airport.

I think I'm going to have to change my siggy, but I'm not up to it just now.
    I'm sorry. I hate this for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Saw baby number tres yesterday, everything looks good. HB at 150. Yay!
    Last night DH did a beer run and as he was leaving said "I love you" then put his hand on my belly and said "I love you too." Later he said he was excited to see the heartbeat. Yay!
    When he got home I said "dang, I was hoping you'd bring home dessert!" and he said "you didn't ask!!" so he went in and made me blueberry muffins. Very out of character, very sweet. Yay!
    This morning we're having cinnamon rolls for breakfast! YAY!
    Yay! So glad baby is doing well. And your DH is wonderfully sweet

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I just made baby food!!! Avocado, pears, and squash! I still need to do peas, sweet potato, and peaches.

I confess we were in the front of wal*mart when Audri said she had to go potty. I asked if she could hold it til we got to the bathroom(in the back of the store) and she said yes, so we went ahead and started back there. Got the the bathroom, and she had a dry diaper, and pee'd on the potty!!!
    Go Audri!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    My poor Cosmo had a seizure this afternoon. Was probably about 8-10 minutes long too. Dh was holding her during it and she poo'd on his leg. This was the second one we know of, and we are with her most of the time since we work opposite shifts...the first was about 15 months ago on christmas eve.
    She's 6.5 years old...not too old considering she is smaller at only about 20-21 lbs. I will have to talk to her vet about it...she is due for a check up and will probably need her teeth done (she generally gets them cleaned once a year) and she is due for the Lyme vaccine...lyme is very big in our area.
    Poor Cosmo.. I hope she's doing better today.

I confess my 16 y/o SIL called me today because she was SO excited that she had just met Sarah Palin... and had her picture taken with her....

It was VERY hard to feign interest
    Oh geez. I don't know if I could have held in a smartass comment or my laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I have been walking around the block (a long block, twice tonight) trying to go into labor. I've also been on the birthing ball off and on all day.

I confess that before my appointment on Wednesday, I was totally not impatient at all and had the mentality that James will be here when he got here. But then the doc dropped a bomb on me and said he wouldn't imagine letting me go past 41 weeks so at my next appointment on Thursday, we will be talking about induction. At the time of the appointment I will be 40 weeks plus 1 day. I so don't want to be induced and I so don't want pitocin. I was actually really taken aback that this doctor would even mention induction so early. I figured he would let me go to 42 weeks, it just seemed to me that that's how they would work in this place. I will definitely be letting my feelings be known at the upcoming appointment, especially since there has been no medical indications pointing towards needing an induction. Everything has been just fine during this pregnancy and he didn't mention any reasoning behind inducing.
    You go girl. Don't let them try and push you to an induction. If there's no medical reason that's pertinent, you're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Janeen- you don't strike me as the type of person that would let anyone tell her what to do! I know you're going to have a great vaginal delivery.
    I confess that Kai has taken to wearing Savana's outgrown fuzzy sparkly pink boots at all times outside of bed. And he'd wear them to bed if I let him. He puts them on straight away the second he wakes up. Surprisingly, dbf only mentioned it once and it was at the park yesterday when he suddenly realized that Kai was wearing his cousins hand me down Dora hat and pink boots. I think it's awesome. I mean, let's face it. Those boots are WAY more fun than his plain ole navy blue ones.
    He also said this to me last night. "Mom. I don't know how girls can pee without a penis." I said that girls pee out of their vagina. He said, "Ohhhh. So girls pee from a line and boys pee from a hole."
    That is adorable. To both things. I'd totally wear the sparkly pink boots too

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I got the job! I'm supposed to start Wednesday.

I also got a call-back from another company. I think I'm going to talk to them tomorrow, to see if they might be able to offer me better hours. I have until Tuesday to let the other place know, so I might as well consider my options.
    Good for you!!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

I confess my 16 y/o SIL called me today because she was SO excited that she had just met Sarah Palin... and had her picture taken with her....

It was VERY hard to feign interest
    Oh goodness-I'd have had a really hard time with that one as well!!

A lot happened, so I hope I don't miss anyone ;)

I've painted Conner's nails before. It seemed mean not to after me & the girls had had so much fun painting ours. Rich wasn't very understanding about it, but oh well. He had to deal.

Congratulations Sarah!! I'm so happy for you.

Janeen, I'd be pushing for 42 weeks minimum, and hoping like heck I went naturally before then. Even at 42 weeks, they'd have an argument for me. I actually told my dr he could schedule a c-section for me, but that didn't mean I'd show up.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I confess that MIL drives me batty with her constant worries about me going back to work and Mia being in daycare. Unless she wants to help pay our bills, she needs to shut up about it.
    Just tell her to send you a check If she won't, then she needs to zip it!

Hugs Lauren. It's always a little scary when our body does weird things. My imagination goes crazy too, especially when I start consulting with Dr Google.
    Oh yes. Or WebMD.. because they have list everything.. so if you have a headache..you must have a brain tumor.

My problem is I have a TON of medical textbooks and I use those too.. and that's not good at all! That's one thing I'm dreading about medical school.. I'm going to know so much about certain diseases and disorders and think I have everything I learn!

Isn't there something called "Residency Syndrome" or something like that? I think that's fairly common. I'm sure it would be hard to learn about all those diseases and illnesses and not think you have them.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Isn't there something called "Residency Syndrome" or something like that? I think that's fairly common. I'm sure it would be hard to learn about all those diseases and illnesses and not think you have them.
    Yeah, I think it's something like that. I'm dreading it so much. I'm not even starting pre-med till September and I go crazy already sometimes!

I need anti-anxiety meds.

Everybody, thanks so much for the support. I'm feeling frustrated by others that just don't seem to know the right things to say.

Janeen, you go! I can't imagine you letting anyone tell you what to do. My sister and I were both born at 42 weeks ... was it less common for doctors to induce in those days (late 60s and early 70s)? Or did they even know how to induce back then?

Mammamia, Congrats! on the new job! That's great.

Jennifer, I'm so sorry for Cosmo. I hope she's okay!

I have to share a dog story as I know you'll understand. I bought a new trash can for the kitchen because the old one had a button on top that popped the lid up and Nero figured out how to press the button with his snout to get in the trash. We had been putting a coffee can on top to hold it down but it was really annoying to have trash in one hand, the coffee can in the other, and then try to work the mechanism without a free hand. So, I bought a new one that you work with your foot. Well, right before he left DH found Nero staring from the foot pedal to the lid, trying to figure out how he could open it! I think conceptually he completely understands, but I don't think anatomically he will be able to work it as it's too tall for him to reach over the top if he has one foot on the pedal. Cracks me up, though!

Lauren, when I was studying communication disorders I convinced myself I had every one in the book. I do know for a fact I am tongue-tied, though. One of my classmates diagnosed me when we were practicing in clinic class one day, and my supervisor confirmed it!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post

Oh yes. Or WebMD.. because they have list everything.. so if you have a headache..you must have a brain tumor.

My problem is I have a TON of medical textbooks and I use those too.. and that's not good at all! That's one thing I'm dreading about medical school.. I'm going to know so much about certain diseases and disorders and think I have everything I learn!
    I don't personally care much for WebMD....I don't think it's awful like some sites but not my go to....I like www.medlineplus.gov and where I suggest our patients go.

Umm, yeah so I have access to something like over 5000 medical journals and ebooks and of course texts on every subject. I also talked myself out of the gastric bypass 5.5 years ago when I saw the layout of the OR and some graphic pictures of the surgery. LOL
    And I did talk myself out of the HSG.....

Oh and my sister once was in the hospital with some thing that to this day we don't know what it was. Her legs were covered in a rash, she was super pale and weak, her joints hurt so bad she could barely move and she had a fairly high fever. None of the tests or biopsy showed anything and after a few days of IV fluids and a week or two of IV antibiotics, she started to get better. Wasn't Lyme, wasn't Rocky Mt Spotted Fever, wasn't lupus or gout....I had her having all these really weird and rare autoimmune diseases.

I'm all for knowledge but once in a while, it can be a bit much of a good thing!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I don't personally care much for WebMD....I don't think it's awful like some sites but not my go to....I like www.medlineplus.gov and where I suggest our patients go.

Umm, yeah so I have access to something like over 5000 medical journals and ebooks and of course texts on every subject. I also talked myself out of the gastric bypass 5.5 years ago when I saw the layout of the OR and some graphic pictures of the surgery. LOL
    And I did talk myself out of the HSG.....

Oh and my sister once was in the hospital with some thing that to this day we don't know what it was. Her legs were covered in a rash, she was super pale and weak, her joints hurt so bad she could barely move and she had a fairly high fever. None of the tests or biopsy showed anything and after a few days of IV fluids and a week or two of IV antibiotics, she started to get better. Wasn't Lyme, wasn't Rocky Mt Spotted Fever, wasn't lupus or gout....I had her having all these really weird and rare autoimmune diseases.

I'm all for knowledge but once in a while, it can be a bit much of a good thing!
    The body is a strange thing sometimes. It can do things we don't understand, with no cause, and a portion of the time it is nothing detrimental.. I hate that. I'd rather just have nothing happen!

And I totally agree with the bolded statement! I wish I didn't know half the stuff I know.

12. Default

I confess I am nowhere near as thin, or fashionable as I feel....

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I have been walking around the block (a long block, twice tonight) trying to go into labor. I've also been on the birthing ball off and on all day.

I confess that before my appointment on Wednesday, I was totally not impatient at all and had the mentality that James will be here when he got here. But then the doc dropped a bomb on me and said he wouldn't imagine letting me go past 41 weeks so at my next appointment on Thursday, we will be talking about induction. At the time of the appointment I will be 40 weeks plus 1 day. I so don't want to be induced and I so don't want pitocin. I was actually really taken aback that this doctor would even mention induction so early. I figured he would let me go to 42 weeks, it just seemed to me that that's how they would work in this place. I will definitely be letting my feelings be known at the upcoming appointment, especially since there has been no medical indications pointing towards needing an induction. Everything has been just fine during this pregnancy and he didn't mention any reasoning behind inducing.

Stick to your guns Janeen. I sincerely hope you go into labor before 41 weeks so you don't have to fight with your doctor. Get yourself armed with some information to have at your fingertips when your doctor pushes induction, with the facts on your side, it will make it really hard for your doc to deny you to wait AT LEAST til 42 weeks...and then longer if you want.
    Just Midge

I actually told my dr he could schedule a c-section for me, but that didn't mean I'd show up.
    Just Midge

Stacy, that's cool how you explained to Oscar; I'd probably do the same if Travis asked.

Mammamia, congrats on the job!

Janeen, keep walking! That helped me when my contractions started.

Bean, I am jealous of your husband! My DH actually did something sweet (and totally out of the ordinary) last week; he brought home a spa kit for me he bought from Bath and Body to do a pedicure for me!

Chrissy, how are your boobs holding up today (no pun intended!)

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Chrissy, how are your boobs holding up today (no pun intended!)
    They are very nice, thank you. They're looking better and better every day as they start out very high and tight. I actually felt good enough to go for a little jog and it wasn't bad at all...no pain to speak of, but I got very tired quickly. Of course, it's also unseasonably warm and over 80 here right now. I'm sure that helped me feel tired.

All in all I'm very happy with the the additions. I think they're fantastic!

Pet peeve - my maiden name is Irish so it's spelled O'Xxxx. One of the biggest reasons I changed my name when I got married was the fact that I was sick and tired of people spelling it Oxxxx - it looks like a totally different name. Lots of computerized systems can't deal with the ' because it's not an alphanumeric character and it's my biggest pet peeve. So I just received a friend request from a distant relative on FB with the same last name. She just recently friended another relative of mine - a cousin by marriage so O'Xxxx is her married name. I noticed that she spelled her OWN NAME Oxxxx!!!! It's not like you can't use the ' on facebook - why would you deliberately misspell your own name? I don't get it!

They are very nice, thank you. They're looking better and better every day as they start out very high and tight. I actually felt good enough to go for a little jog and it wasn't bad at all...no pain to speak of, but I got very tired quickly. Of course, it's also unseasonably warm and over 80 here right now. I'm sure that helped me feel tired.

All in all I'm very happy with the the additions. I think they're fantastic!
    Glad you're happy with them!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Pet peeve - my maiden name is Irish so it's spelled O'Xxxx. One of the biggest reasons I changed my name when I got married was the fact that I was sick and tired of people spelling it Oxxxx - it looks like a totally different name. Lots of computerized systems can't deal with the ' because it's not an alphanumeric character and it's my biggest pet peeve. So I just received a friend request from a distant relative on FB with the same last name. She just recently friended another relative of mine - a cousin by marriage so O'Xxxx is her married name. I noticed that she spelled her OWN NAME Oxxxx!!!! It's not like you can't use the ' on facebook - why would you deliberately misspell your own name? I don't get it!
    Maybe she did it so it could come up in more searches? I don't know.
    I actually kind of put my own name wrong too--On FB it's Maiden name-Married name but in reality I don't use my maiden name. I just did that in case people were searching for me by my maiden name.

20. Default

I have my maiden name on my FB too, and don't use it IRL

Why doing good pays off
    I have a friend in Denmark. Long story short I got a new kids on the block merchandise package that included a messenger bag that I wasn't going to use. She is also a huge fan but she didn't order the thing in time and she was really bummed. She said "I just wanted the bag." I offered to give her my bag. It cost $20 to ship but I didn't tell her that. I told her she didn't need to worry about paying me for anything.(Actually what I told her was all she had to do was tell Joey that I am an awesome person LOL)

A few days ago she wanted to order some shoes on sale from Converse or something but they don't ship overseas. So again I offered to help out and she had the shoes delivered to my house and I shipped them for her. This time it cost $45 to ship and DH had just been screwed out of half a paycheck so I asked if she could cover it. She sent me a check and tacked on an extra $20 for the bag I'd sent her. (I had mentioned the bag cost $20 when we were trying to guess how much the shoes would be to ship) <3 She's such a sweetie.

It's called "first year resident's disease" and I got it when I worked for the midwifery group.

I know I can't be mad about this but I'm still bothered. Savana told me this morning that her cousin in Canada who is 10 told her some "creepy stuff". I asked her what and at first she said she didn't want to tell me. So I probed a little more and she says she'll tell me one thing he said and that's that dead people keep their eyes open all of the time. Ugh. I wonder what else he said. Ever since she's come home she tells me she has scary thoughts in her head at night. Ugh. My first thought is "little punk" but he's just a kid too, right?
    It makes me wonder where the adults were during this conversation but I guess it could have happened even with an adult in the room. I swear, I just want my kids under my wing ALWAYS.
    My mom's been in a lot of pain lately and the keep upping her meds making her more forgetful and disoriented. My dad is trying to get her to stop working before she told by her bosses that she can no longer work. He does everything he can to preserve her dignity. My parents came today and sat on the pier fishing for good while. It was a beautiful picture watching them out there.
    Last edited by Bridget; 05-02-2010 at 06:10 PM.

I'm sorry Savana's cousin creeped her out

Your parents fishing sounds like a lovely image

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    My mom's been in a lot of pain lately and the keep upping her meds making her more forgetful and disoriented. My dad is trying to get her to stop working before she told by her bosses that she can no longer work. He does everything he can to preserve her dignity. My parents came today and sat on the pier fishing for good while. It was a beautiful picture watching them out there.

As for the 10-year-old cousin, that's hard. I have an 11-year-old myself, and I am 100% sure she's told small children things that their parents would probably shudder about. I know with Sydney at least, she doesn't mean any harm and it's more about her having her own questions, but also knowing some things at the same time and trying to sound like she knows it all

I don't know how to explain it, and perhaps it's something that you can't really understand until you have a child of that age yourself, but I know I've had my feelings hurt more than once on this site because of some thoughtless thing someone said about an older child (that was closer to my older girls' ages). They are still kids, and I get the sense that other parents expect a 10-year-old to have the same reasoning skills as an adult. Or even a 15-year-old. One of the worst comments I read was about teenage hussies just because one young adolescent girl had a crush on a member's husband. Um, excuse me, if your marriage is so shaky that you feel threatened by a 15-year-old child, then you really have problems. Because teens are still kids.

Anyway-that was very rambling and probably didn't help. I only know that they are indeed still kids and don't always say what we want them to say. And think about this-some day some child may go home and complain about the 'creepy' things Savanna says about how babies are made. Some parent might get bent about that!! You cannot please everybody, and we can all only do the best we can...and it's a given that all our children will hear things we'd prefer they didn't.

26. Default

I confess I just spent 20 minutes vacuuming my bed before I could wash my sheets because Audrianna got into one of my boxes on the headboard while I was in the bathroom. It had my mother's milk tea (loose) and she opened the ziplock bag and dumped it EVERYWHERE

I confess I just spent 20 minutes vacuuming my bed before I could wash my sheets because Audrianna got into one of my boxes on the headboard while I was in the bathroom. It had my mother's milk tea (loose) and she opened the ziplock bag and dumped it EVERYWHERE
    Oh my!

Today JoJo had a lot of fun playing with an open box of those teeny tiny rubber bands for hair - the kind that come divided by color, 4 million to a pack. She had a grand time dumping them out on the rug and then having me help her put them back and then dump them out and put them back again and again. We even took them outside to dump them in the grass - gathering them up from there was so tedious!

Halfway through, I said "I love you, JoJo" and she sighed very deeply and said "Yes. You do."

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

29. Default

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Today JoJo had a lot of fun playing with an open box of those teeny tiny rubber bands for hair - the kind that come divided by color, 4 million to a pack. She had a grand time dumping them out on the rug and then having me help her put them back and then dump them out and put them back again and again. We even took them outside to dump them in the grass - gathering them up from there was so tedious!

Halfway through, I said "I love you, JoJo" and she sighed very deeply and said "Yes. You do."
    I can SOOOO see Audrianna doing/saying this...

Ashley, your story made me think of that - thanks! I would have probably forgotten it forever if not for little Audrianna's hi-jinks. Give her a big hug and say thanks from me for helping me remember the sweetness.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov