Page 353 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2533033433513523533543553634034538531353 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,590 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

I'm so sorry Mandy

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Saw baby number tres yesterday, everything looks good. HB at 150. Yay!
    Last night DH did a beer run and as he was leaving said "I love you" then put his hand on my belly and said "I love you too." Later he said he was excited to see the heartbeat. Yay!
    When he got home I said "dang, I was hoping you'd bring home dessert!" and he said "you didn't ask!!" so he went in and made me blueberry muffins. Very out of character, very sweet. Yay!
    This morning we're having cinnamon rolls for breakfast! YAY!

3. Default

awwwww cass!!

Grats Cass! Glad your husband is being sweet to you too

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Saw baby number tres yesterday, everything looks good. HB at 150. Yay!
    Last night DH did a beer run and as he was leaving said "I love you" then put his hand on my belly and said "I love you too." Later he said he was excited to see the heartbeat. Yay!
    When he got home I said "dang, I was hoping you'd bring home dessert!" and he said "you didn't ask!!" so he went in and made me blueberry muffins. Very out of character, very sweet. Yay!
    This morning we're having cinnamon rolls for breakfast! YAY!
    Aw that's so sweet!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

6. Default

I confess I just made baby food!!! Avocado, pears, and squash! I still need to do peas, sweet potato, and peaches.

I confess we were in the front of wal*mart when Audri said she had to go potty. I asked if she could hold it til we got to the bathroom(in the back of the store) and she said yes, so we went ahead and started back there. Got the the bathroom, and she had a dry diaper, and pee'd on the potty!!!

Yay Audri!

My poor Cosmo had a seizure this afternoon. Was probably about 8-10 minutes long too. Dh was holding her during it and she poo'd on his leg. This was the second one we know of, and we are with her most of the time since we work opposite shifts...the first was about 15 months ago on christmas eve.
    She's 6.5 years old...not too old considering she is smaller at only about 20-21 lbs. I will have to talk to her vet about it...she is due for a check up and will probably need her teeth done (she generally gets them cleaned once a year) and she is due for the Lyme vaccine...lyme is very big in our area.

My girl is doing ok now, she is just really tired and so we will probably rock in the chair most of the night....she really is my baby and I forgot to tell her she is a dog.

The good news is I now have two rocking chairs for my porch.......

http://www.shopko.com/detail/northcr...cker/7620/0100

My local store was sold out so I called my parents to check theirs and they could get one. I realized that the town next to us has a shopko so we called and they still had one left. So we have possession of one rocker and my parents have our other one. They will look perfect on our porch and are actually comfortable. Yeah one thing to check off my list of stuff I need/want for the house!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Poor Cosmo!

And yay for nice rockers

Yay Audri!

poor Cosmo ((hugs))

Ok so we were rocking in the chair and she flipped on her back so I could rub her belly and guess what I find...a stinking tick. Ewww. And her frontline was just two weeks ago. She must have just picked it up outside...the grass right outside my door today.

I'm NOT an outdoors person and now I feel like I have bugs on me. Oh Ewww.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Ticks are nasty. I hate them.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Ticks are nasty. I hate them.
    Me too... YUCK

14. Default

I confess my 16 y/o SIL called me today because she was SO excited that she had just met Sarah Palin... and had her picture taken with her....

It was VERY hard to feign interest

I confess that I have been walking around the block (a long block, twice tonight) trying to go into labor. I've also been on the birthing ball off and on all day.

I confess that before my appointment on Wednesday, I was totally not impatient at all and had the mentality that James will be here when he got here. But then the doc dropped a bomb on me and said he wouldn't imagine letting me go past 41 weeks so at my next appointment on Thursday, we will be talking about induction. At the time of the appointment I will be 40 weeks plus 1 day. I so don't want to be induced and I so don't want pitocin. I was actually really taken aback that this doctor would even mention induction so early. I figured he would let me go to 42 weeks, it just seemed to me that that's how they would work in this place. I will definitely be letting my feelings be known at the upcoming appointment, especially since there has been no medical indications pointing towards needing an induction. Everything has been just fine during this pregnancy and he didn't mention any reasoning behind inducing.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

16. Default

Unless there's a medical reason.. like life threatening medical.. lol I wouldn't induce...

Im totally convinced that it was my attempts to self-induce, and then the pitocin that caused me to have a c-section with Audri... (and thus one with Charlie as well...)

From what I have learned, not only from APA but also from the birthing class we took at the hospital I will be delivering at...I am convinced that one intervention leads to another and a lot of inductions put you on a straight and narrow path to a dead end in the form of a c-section.

So I guess I would rather walk and be on the birthing ball in hopes of helping with the descent of baby which will help with the cervix instead of inducing.

18. Default

Totally!! I hope your walking and ball-usage (lol) get things movin for ya! I can't believe you are gonna have a baby soon! Its gone by SO fast!!!! (for me anyways)

Ball usage...

It has totally gone so fast for me too. People think I'm nuts when I tell them that.

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Janeen, ITA. That's why if I get to VBAC this time I'm going natural. Just remember, your doc can't force you to take the pitocin. Just say NO to drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Janeen, ITA. That's why if I get to VBAC this time I'm going natural. Just remember, your doc can't force you to take the pitocin. Just say NO to drugs!
    Now if it was some crack or heroin, shoot I'd be all over it.

Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiight just kidding.

I'm just super curious to hear his reason for not wanting me to go past 41 weeks. Unless the Fetal Pyelectasis diagnosis is playing a factor in his decision.

I don't think it would though just from the research we have done on it and he certainly didn't mention any reason.

Use those balls Janeen. Use 'em and abuse 'em.

I was also told I would not be allowed to go past 41 weeks as that's when the condition of the uterus starts to go downhill because of the stress it's been under, and I think because the amniotic fluid starts to decrease. I was stressed enough about the labor part of having a baby, and was no spring chicken (10 years older than you when Liam was born). My induction started at 40w4d and Liam was delivered by c/s the next day. And my uterus bounced back and toned up just fine.

But at 28 years old? I might not have allowed it.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I have just heard so much that a normal (for lack of a better word) pregnancy goes from 37-42 weeks...42! WEEKS! Not 41...lol

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess my 16 y/o SIL called me today because she was SO excited that she had just met Sarah Palin... and had her picture taken with her....

It was VERY hard to feign interest
    It must have been hard to not GAG let alone feign interest!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    It must have been hard to not GAG let alone feign interest!
    I was thinking along the same lines. Gag or outright laugh at her.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Janeen- you don't strike me as the type of person that would let anyone tell her what to do! I know you're going to have a great vaginal delivery.
    I confess that Kai has taken to wearing Savana's outgrown fuzzy sparkly pink boots at all times outside of bed. And he'd wear them to bed if I let him. He puts them on straight away the second he wakes up. Surprisingly, dbf only mentioned it once and it was at the park yesterday when he suddenly realized that Kai was wearing his cousins hand me down Dora hat and pink boots. I think it's awesome. I mean, let's face it. Those boots are WAY more fun than his plain ole navy blue ones.
    He also said this to me last night. "Mom. I don't know how girls can pee without a penis." I said that girls pee out of their vagina. He said, "Ohhhh. So girls pee from a line and boys pee from a hole."

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Janeen- you don't strike me as the type of person that would let anyone tell her what to do! I know you're going to have a great vaginal delivery.
    I confess that Kai has taken to wearing Savana's outgrown fuzzy sparkly pink boots at all times outside of bed. And he'd wear them to bed if I let him. He puts them on straight away the second he wakes up. Surprisingly, dbf only mentioned it once and it was at the park yesterday when he suddenly realized that Kai was wearing his cousins hand me down Dora hat and pink boots. I think it's awesome. I mean, let's face it. Those boots are WAY more fun than his plain ole navy blue ones.
    He also said this to me last night. "Mom. I don't know how girls can pee without a penis." I said that girls pee out of their vagina. He said, "Ohhhh. So girls pee from a line and boys pee from a hole."
    Hah! I love Kai, and you. Related but tangential, I had a manicure and pedicure yesterday (I rarely do it but I needed a pick me up before a long business trip) and Oscar said he'd really like to paint his nails. Blue, he says. So blue it is. As for vaginas, Oscar was really having issues with understanding how girls pee from a vagina. But where does it COME from he kept asking? A urethra, honey. You have a hole in the end of your penis, girls have a whole in their vagina. One day while we were getting ready to shower and I was peeing he said "well let me SEE" and even though my inner-prude freaked out, I showed him. Briefly and clinically and he was like "oh! okay, thanks mom, I get it." I also realized at that moment that 90% of moms would think I was NUTS for that and that I really didn't care. He's not going to grow up with this crazy vagina mystique if I can help it.

Janeen, you GO girl. There's no reason to induce unless baby is in distress (or you are). Period.

I confess that I got the job! I'm supposed to start Wednesday.

I also got a call-back from another company. I think I'm going to talk to them tomorrow, to see if they might be able to offer me better hours. I have until Tuesday to let the other place know, so I might as well consider my options.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Stacy, Ronin's toenails are painted blue right now, too. It wears off quickly in the sand, though, so I'll probably have to re-do them soon.

Mandy, I'm so sorry. I'm hoping the next year passes quickly for you.

Sarah, congrats on the job!

Janeen, maybe ask about NSTs if they're hesitant to let you go past 41 weeks?

Cass, I'm so happy your dh is being so sweet!

Poor Cosmo! Sorry to hear about the seizure.

And last but not least, Chrissy (because it's been a while since I've caught up in here), congratulations on the new boobies! I'm glad to hear it went well for you.