Page 339 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2392893293373383393403413493894398391339 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,170 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Mandy, I feel sad for you even having to deal with such an unpleasant co-worker.

Bridget, I'm glad you are finding some personal benefit to Savana's trip. I love how you are so good at looking at the bright side, and I hope the rest of it goes quickly.

Last night I watched a Louis Theroux documentary on the Phelps family and the Westboro Baptist Church (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrz5k0jWdU). What a despicable bunch of people. The interesting thing is that they didn't come across as unintelligent per se, just completely insane and brainwashed with hate.

It made me so sad to see how they're bringing the next generations into it.

how sickening. It boggles my mind that anyone can justify being so nasty and hateful.

No one has yet ever been able to convince me how they know what God wants, thinks, or believes.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I feel so sorry for those kids

I didn't watch it, but I've seen that stuff before. I hate how the kids just seem so...rehearsed..you can totally tell they were just told all that crap and have no idea what they're talking about.

Stuff like that just makes me so mad. I don't know how anyone can justify it. Picketing funerals? Really?

People really piss me off. DH tells me stories about his mom's ignorance and the crappy people he runs into at work. I know he likes to tell me so he can blow off steam but I have a hard time hearing those stories.

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    At the end of the day I informed her I would be taking a day off at my husband's request because he wanted me to drop him off at the airport when he leaves for deployment. Obviously this would be the last time I would get to see my husband for at least a year and potentially ever. She is aware of the situation. Her reaction? "I've already asked for that day off. And if you were gone I'd have to re-write my sub plan." Did she seriously say that to me?
    This just makes me so mad for you. How dare she. Where do people learn their compassion at? I'm so sorry you have to deal with her; she's so inconsiderate.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    People really piss me off. DH tells me stories about his mom's ignorance and the crappy people he runs into at work. I know he likes to tell me so he can blow off steam but I have a hard time hearing those stories.
    I'm the same way. DBF will talk to me about the idiots he encounters at work and it just makes me so mad I wanna tell him to stop, but I know he needs and wants to vent.

So, I'm fighting with all my strength to prove to this **** state I'm a resident. They want to consider me out of state, meaning I'd have out of state tuition, and I have a feeling any financial aid I get will not cover all of that (it's about 28,000 or so for the year; covers room and board and stuff which I obviously do not need). I e-mailed them earlier and I want to know what you think of it:

Hello.

My name is Lauren --------, and I recently got accepted to UTA. I had some questions regarding my status as a Texas resident. In July I will have been living here for 12 consecutive months, which is still prior to matriculation, and unfortunately, because of the economy, I have not been able to find a stable job, but I am still actively looking. I did acquire a job in November that was supposed to last a decent amount of time, but as it was temporary and the site was closing in 2 weeks time, that was the only amount that I was able to work.

I would really love to be able to work this out and discuss it further over the phone or in person. My phone number is -----------. Thank you for your time.

Does it sound professional enough?
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Lauren, what're the state's laws about residence?

And I get it about the crappy stories. It's the reason I avoid the news. I don't need that stuff in my consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Lauren, what're the state's laws about residence?
    I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but this is from the UTA website:

Residency Questions

Q: Who is eligible to establish Texas residency for tuition purposes?
    A: U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents, and Eligible Aliens (includes certain visas and certain undocumented Texas high school graduates) are eligible to establish Texas residency for tuition purposes.

Q: What qualifies me to be a Texas Resident?
    A: If you are a dependent student, your residency will be classified the same as that of your parents. If you are an independent student, you:

1. Must live in Texas for 12 consecutive months
    2. Must be gainfully employed or demonstrate financial independence 12 months prior to enrollment
    3. Education cannot be your primary reason for residing in Texas

Students may pay Texas Resident Tuition if they meet all the requirements of Senate Bill 1528 (formerly HB 1403):

1. Graduated or will graduate from high school or complete a GED in Texas
    2. Must have lived in Texas for 36 months prior to high school graduation or completion of the GED
    3. The student must have lived in Texas for the 12 months prior to the semester for which they are applying
    4. If the student is not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident they must complete a Senate Bill 1528 Affidavit. You can obtain a copy of the Senate Bill 1528 Affidavit here as a PDF file
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

It sounds like you may be right on the line of 12 months, but I'm sure someone can pull some strings.

I have to be careful about what news stories I watch/read. I have a really hard time with the sad child abuse cases. I always feel like I'd have taken the poor child if their own didn't want them. I cannot fathom anyone hurting a child. I just don't get it...and I don't like reading about it.

I can't understand why anyone would teach children to hate others. It's so sad.

The same teacher I complained about yesterday is at it again today. The same student she flipped out because I didn't get to see yesterday has been a big behavior problem for her. I see him Friday afternoons with another student. She walked him down to my office without the other student while I was still in a session with another of her students. She knows I always pick her students up in person. I let her know that we would all 3 have to walk back to get the other student. She rolled her eyes at me. Then she told me "She's watching a movie, so you can give her a choice to come with you or not, or you can tell her she has to come with you." I just looked at her and told her, "No, she has to come." When I finished, she thanked me for "giving her a break."

I just wanted to scream at her that I'm a therapist, not a baby-sitting service! I don't take the kids to give her a break! She did prove me right, that she doesn't care if the kids get to see me as long as they aren't a behavior problem for her. Unbelievable that she could be that transparent.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess that my dh has been home in time for dinner maybe one night this week, and that bugs me more than any traveling he does, because I don't know about it until after I start cooking dinner, and well after my weekly grocery shopping trip. He gets home 15-30 minutes before the children go to bed.

Why is that woman a teacher? She obviously cannot stand that kid. I can't help but feel sorry for him.

that really stinks about your dh Lydia.

DH comes home late at night too. I actually never know if he'll be home at 6:30 or 9:30, unless he can predict that he'll be early, or late, and gives me a call. It's tough because I don't feel it's worth it to make anything really good for just me and the little bit that Josh will eat, and if I do make something good, DH is bummed because he has to reheat it and it's not as good. I can't win. LOL

I confess that Savana is on day 3 in Canada and she is doing just fine without me. When I call she doesn't even come to the phone to talk to me. Dbf always laughs and says, "Sorry" like I'm going to feel bad but the truth is I feel proud. She has the confidence to do it without me. I knew she could. All these years,people telling me I have to stop letting her sleep in my bed, I should sign her up for things so she can learn to take instruction from other adults, I coddle her, blah, blah, blah. She's freaking amazing and independent and confident. That's my girl.

That's awesome Bridget!! It's payoff from all the hard work you have put in to making your kids confident independent thinking beings!! Woo hoo!
    Just Midge

Yay Bridget!
    You must be so proud.

shutterbird Guest

I confess my uncle passed away today. He got into a motorcycle accident last night and ended up dying at home from internal bleeding. He just slid the bike and got some scrapes... nothing serious so he didn't go the ER.

The guy he was riding with was best friends with my dad growing up. He got into an accident on his bike years ago and was in the hospital (coma + recovery) for almost a year.

I swear, nobody in my family will ever have a bike!

Oh, Kim, I'm so sorry. How terrible for your family. Please accept my condolences for your loss.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I'm very sorry Kim. That's so sad. My thoughts are with you today.
    Just Midge

Kim, I'm so sorry for your loss, and for everyone who was close to your uncle. Motorcycles are so much fun, but so dangerous. I'm really glad dh and I stopped when we had children.

Bridget, I'm happy Savana is having a good time and is doing so well.

So sorry, Kim.

Oh Kim, I'm so sorry for your loss. How is your family holding up?

I'm so sorry for your loss, Kim.

Oh, no! I'm so sorry, Kim!

Sorry to hear that Kim

Sorry for the loss of your uncle, Kim. Such a sad way to go when it is so preventable It makes it harder to take.
    DH stopped letting me ride on the back of his bike after we had Gage. I could get my own to ride with him, but he wasn't having fun riding with me on the back when all he could think of was that both of Gage's parents were at risk.

Gweennero...I can'tthink of anything more selfish and incomprehensible than what that teacher said...whacko
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Oh Kim, that's so sad. I'm so sorry.

Had to share with you girls. DH and I went out to dinner tonight, and the people at the next table were having a very loud conversation that I was not paying any attention to. Suddenly I hear, "Where did the first language come from?" That got my attention. My brain started to down some pathway about brain evolution and hemisphere specialization, etc. At which point I heard the man saying, "Well, there was the Tower of Babel, and then suddenly everyone started speaking different languages, but where did the first one come from?" I don't know what I did physically, but without my saying anything, DH grabbed my hand and told me to take it easy. I was actually about to get up out of that booth and have a fit, which is totally unlike me in any situation I've ever been in before! Then the guy started saying, "You know, like French, and then there's Chinese..." So I snorted loudly and made a comment about how obviously French would have been one of the original languages. Then DH made a loud comment about Indo-European ancestors. I don't know how we managed to avoid offending them but I don't think they noticed us. Which was a good thing, most likely.

Kim, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle.