Page 336 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2362863263343353363373383463864368361336 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,080 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Hey girls. I haven't read all the updates yet. Been a long weekend.

Everything is going well school-wise. Almost registered and all that. But a friend of mine is going to the doctor today to get her arm looked at. Apparently when she was visiting someone in the hospital, she hit her arm on the wall and it bled a little, and a nurse looked at it and commented on her having some sort of knot in her arm, and said it seemed like a root, and mentioning her getting it checked out, possibly to rule out a melanoma.

Honestly, I've never heard of a root with melanoma, but I'm not a doctor yet, so needless to say I'm kinda scared for her. But the screwed up part is she hasn't been a good friend to me lately. She's been ignoring me, not wanting to hang out, etc. I only found out about the arm thing because Clinton told me. Because of that, my mind doesn't want me to worry about her, because she's obviously not wanting to be my friend, but I just can't help it, and I have my own stuff to worry about, KWIM?

Maybe that just makes me selfish, but having a sort of friend deal with possible melanoma is just not something I want/need to handle right now.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I'm about to die of embarrassment! I ran into the kitchen wearing nothing but a camisole and panties (I just got out of the shower) because Mia was about to pour milk all over the floor. I look out the window and our male neighbour is right there looking right at my butt. We made eye contact and I ran out of there.

Aaacck!!!!!
    Wow, he must have not been expecting THAT in the morning! haha

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    ROFL
    I wore maternity jeans for quite a while after my pregnancy because they were so darn comfy.

I confess last night Josh was sicker than he's ever been. He had that croupy, barking cough and he was crying inconsolably. However nothing else was wrong with him and it was the middle of the night so we waited it out. He couldn't sleep for over half the night and then he finally dropped off around 3 a.m. I spent the night in his bed and tried to comfort him. I was sure he'd be so sick this morning but he seems fine. I took him to the Dr. and she said it might just be the beginning of a cold. She checked for strep and he doesn't have it.

It was just awful last night. He's never really been sick and now I know what moms mean when they say you just feel so sad for them.
    I hope he feels better real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Wow, 3 months without one....that would be interesting. I dont' think that I could work! Though in my case if I was ever having surgery on them, it would be a reduction!
    Same. Here. I can't not wear a bra. They're so d@mn heavy! I've been thinking about a reduction for a while, but I honestly know that if I lost some weight, they'd go down a size or so. Here's hopin'!

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Oh. My. Lord. I'm in my office and my mother and sister are "doing art" in the art room with Oscar. I just actually had to stop what I was doing and go out and mediate between my mother and my sister, and heard myself saying "Mombo, use your words if rae-rae is upsetting you, please do not yell at her" and "Rae-rae please do not put dots on Mombo's picture, because she told you that upsets her."

OMG. Thankfully, Oscar looked at me and said "thanks mama." how OLD are they?
    hahaha WOW. Do they get mad when you talk to them like that? Not that I'd care anyway; if they're acting like 3 year olds, they should get treated as such!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    Maybe that just makes me selfish, but having a sort of friend deal with possible melanoma is just not something I want/need to handle right now.
    That's not being selfish. You have a LOT going on, and she hasn't been a particularly close friend lately.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Oh my! How do they react to you when you talk to them like that?

It sounds like Oscar is taking it in stride. One of my most shameful moments was when Rich & I really got into it, and Conner ran to hide under the kitchen table. Bobbie got him out, picked him up, and yelled at us for scaring him. Conner is really sensitive to people being 'at' each other.
    My sister's reaction is "yeah, you're right" and she reinforces what I've just said. My mother acts like a teenager "but she put DOTS on my PAINTING" and I have to say "yes I understand that makes you angry, but it's not acceptable to yell at each other in our house." I mean OMG, this is what I learned when I was a kid, I'm not letting them behave this way in my house... am I nuts?

I think it's incredible you overcame all that...and that you didn't get sucked right back into that behavior once you were exposed to it again.

Thanks. I love them, but I will be sooooo glad to have my home back again.

That's not being selfish. You have a LOT going on, and she hasn't been a particularly close friend lately.
    Yeah. And this isn't the first time she has done this, either. I'm usually cycled out and put on the sidelines till I'm worth her time again, it seems. But Clinton has been friends with her forever, so I'm not sure how this will affect him depending on what's going on with her. She hasn't been talking to him much, either, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    My sister's reaction is "yeah, you're right" and she reinforces what I've just said. My mother acts like a teenager "but she put DOTS on my PAINTING" and I have to say "yes I understand that makes you angry, but it's not acceptable to yell at each other in our house." I mean OMG, this is what I learned when I was a kid, I'm not letting them behave this way in my house... am I nuts?
    Not one bit. I can't believe your mom would legitimately act like that. I could see it as a joke, or something of that nature, but if she's seriously upset about it, that's sorta silly, IMO. I'm glad you were able to somewhat mediate it.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    Apparently when she was visiting someone in the hospital, she hit her arm on the wall and it bled a little, and a nurse looked at it and commented on her having some sort of knot in her arm, and said it seemed like a root, and mentioning her getting it checked out, possibly to rule out a melanoma.
    This doesn't even make sense to me. Neither a knot nor a root(?) would have anything to do with a melanoma. I think there is either something lost in the wording between the nurse, then her, then Clinton, then you, or it's not true, or both. I would not worry about it unless you know there is a good reason to worry, part of which would be her coming to you and telling you what's really going on and letting you know she needs your help. But I don't see any reason to stress about it at all right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    This doesn't even make sense to me. Neither a knot nor a root(?) would have anything to do with a melanoma. I think there is either something lost in the wording between the nurse, then her, then Clinton, then you, or it's not true, or both. I would not worry about it unless you know there is a good reason to worry, part of which would be her coming to you and telling you what's really going on and letting you know she needs your help. But I don't see any reason to stress about it at all right now.
    That's exactly my thoughts on this.

She initially told me about it when it happened back in December, when we were actually speaking, but she said she was going to ignore it and she didn't want to know what it was. I guess now she wanted to find out once and for all.

She said the nurse told her it was a root or something.. but I've never heard of that with melanomas. I've heard of moles being associated, but that's it.

My problem is I have severe anxiety (mixed with my dysthymic disorder) so I worry about anything and everything. I go to worse case scenario right off the bat, even when I don't have much information. If I try to reason with myself, my mind will psych me out and I'll worry again. I don't like what goes on inside my head!

Well, they want to send her to a dermatologist. I asked Clinton if he knew if they thought it was serious, or just doing it as a precaution and he says he doesn't know.

And this is why I don't want to handle stuff like this, and why I don't want to care. She hasn't been my friend for months, yet everyone knows her, so I can't get away from it and I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post

True...when I think of root in a skin thing, I think of a wart. And that could bleed if it was knocked off some. never really heard of a mole having roots...though heard that if a mole bleeds to get that checked for possible skin cancer.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    True...when I think of root in a skin thing, I think of a wart. And that could bleed if it was knocked off some. never really heard of a mole having roots...though heard that if a mole bleeds to get that checked for possible skin cancer.
    Well, I got more info, and apparently, she didn't even have to point it out to them; they want to get a biopsy done and all of that.

Honestly, the logical part of my mind - although small - knows that if anything, she's probably got State 1 melanoma, if that's what it is. Most likely the lesion or whatever it is will be removed, she'll be checked to make sure nothing has metastasized, and if things are clear, then it's fine.

But my problem is that I don't want to deal with it at all. I don't want to think about it or be aware a problem exists because then I literally cannot function. I can't enjoy things, I can't distract myself, I can't do anything until it's all over. And I have school in the fall, and things to prepare for it. I can't be dealing with this too.

I know I sound so selfish here. I just know how my mind works.

Hi, everyone. There's a lot to catch up on from the weekend.

Lauren, I'm sorry about your anxiety. I have an ex-friend that I just can't stop worrying about even though I made a choice to cut her out of my life. Sometimes it's hard to step back.

I feel for all of you with parent issues. My mother told me the other day that she drove past my house and saw water pouring off the roof. I panicked and called DH (I wasn't home) and he called back to say he'd walked all the way around the house and couldn't even find a damp spot on the ground. There was NO water on the roof. I'm hoping it was her cataracts and she isn't just going .
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Hi, everyone. There's a lot to catch up on from the weekend.

Lauren, I'm sorry about your anxiety. I have an ex-friend that I just can't stop worrying about even though I made a choice to cut her out of my life. Sometimes it's hard to step back.

I feel for all of you with parent issues. My mother told me the other day that she drove past my house and saw water pouring off the roof. I panicked and called DH (I wasn't home) and he called back to say he'd walked all the way around the house and couldn't even find a damp spot on the ground. There was NO water on the roof. I'm hoping it was her cataracts and she isn't just going .
    haha Maybe it's both. Or maybe it was something that fell and she thought it was water?

And it really is hard to step back and just ignore it. I'm just trying to concentrate on what is going on in my life. Today I got to go to the financial aid office to drop off some papers, and every time I stepped over a floor mat that said "University of Texas at Arlington" I got unbelievably giddy. I'm supposed to be excited about college, not worrying about someone who treated me like crap.

I'm glad you're so excited about school! I loved going back to school when I was in my late 20's ... I really appreciated it for what it was and not just as something I had to do. I hope you take full advantage of it.

I confess I'm having unbelievable phantom pregnancy symptoms and it's too early to test. I believe this will be my last cycle before DH leaves (my cycle has been really irregular lately). I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up but the phantom symptoms are making me really excited.

I confess that I just have to share these two pics because I find it to be sooooo funny!

This is my youngest niece Taylor...she's 18 months old and looking cute as can be here...

And then she had her hair taken down, took a little nap and all of a sudden developed a new "say cheese" look...

Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Oh so cute!

I'm glad you're so excited about school! I loved going back to school when I was in my late 20's ... I really appreciated it for what it was and not just as something I had to do. I hope you take full advantage of it.

I confess I'm having unbelievable phantom pregnancy symptoms and it's too early to test. I believe this will be my last cycle before DH leaves (my cycle has been really irregular lately). I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up but the phantom symptoms are making me really excited.
    for you!! Let us know how it goes!

And I am totally excited for school. There isn't much left to do before I'm fully registered and can go shopping for school supplies! I feel like it's that Staples commercial where the father is dancing to "The Most Wonderful Time of The Year" and the children are sad.. except I'm like the dancing dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I just have to share these two pics because I find it to be sooooo funny!

This is my youngest niece Taylor...she's 18 months old and looking cute as can be here...

And then she had her hair taken down, took a little nap and all of a sudden developed a new "say cheese" look...

I love love love the second pic!! The first one is just adorable.

19. Default

I confess my girls have ADHD....

(a d!ckhead dad)

This is true. Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post

(a d!ckhead dad)

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

What happened this time, Ashley?

I confess I gave Josh some Benadryl last night and he slept, well, like a baby (where did that saying come from anyway?) He didn't make a peep all night and he usually wakes up at least once on a good night. We woke up at 6:30 and all was quiet but as soon as DH got up to go to the bathroom, I heard "Mommy..." LOL

It's amazing how much more refreshed I feel, having woken up on my own.

22. Default

Just being his normal wonderful self

We agreed, even before Audri was born, that if we had girls we would wait until she asked to get her ears pierced.... Lately she has been consistent about touching her ears and saying please. When I ask please what? she touches mine or my moms earrings.

So I texted him about it, and he wont reply, but he did reply like 30 minutes prior about her saying "I need to poop" and taking her diaper off to sit in the potty..... his response -- "I thought she'd been doing that for a while now.."

No ****weed.... way to pay attention

(a d!ckhead dad)

I confess I gave Josh some Benadryl last night and he slept, well, like a baby (where did that saying come from anyway?) He didn't make a peep all night and he usually wakes up at least once on a good night. We woke up at 6:30 and all was quiet but as soon as DH got up to go to the bathroom, I heard "Mommy..." LOL

It's amazing how much more refreshed I feel, having woken up on my own.
    Yay for getting a good rest!!

I hate mornings. 6 comes way too soon for me.

Just being his normal wonderful self

We agreed, even before Audri was born, that if we had girls we would wait until she asked to get her ears pierced.... Lately she has been consistent about touching her ears and saying please. When I ask please what? she touches mine or my moms earrings.

So I texted him about it, and he wont reply, but he did reply like 30 minutes prior about her saying "I need to poop" and taking her diaper off to sit in the potty..... his response -- "I thought she'd been doing that for a while now.."

No ****weed.... way to pay attention
    Ugh, sorry Ashley.

I confess that Mia is 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days old today.

That's cool Sarah! Happy 2 2 2 2!
    I don't do mornings either. I swear I could take almost anything if I could sleep until at least 8 every day.

Random question - if you walk up to a closed door with a sign on it saying "Testing, do not disturb" would you knock? I ask because it's state standardized testing week and I had this sign on my door, and I had 3 interruptions during a 2 hour period. I can go for a week without anyone unexpected coming into my room, but as soon as I hung up that sign people were crawling out of the woodwork. One interruption was from one of the teachers who has known for a week that I would be testing this morning and was reminded yesterday, and she called my office phone! I picked up and told her I was testing, and she said, "That's what I was calling to find out." Never mind she went through the same pre-test training and was given the same "do not disturb" sign to hang on her door. I know she only called because it was the time I normally see her most difficult student (i.e. the one who routinely spends 30+ minutes crying) and she wanted me to take him off her hands. It really pisses me off.

No, I wouldn't knock. How annoying!

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

4/26 & I'm scared to death!
    WOOT WOOT! Don't be skerd! Be excited! I'm so jealous- I won't be getting mine for a few more years now.

Oh yeah, and I had a dream you posted a picture of your boobs on FB as a before picture.

Random question - if you walk up to a closed door with a sign on it saying "Testing, do not disturb" would you knock? I ask because it's state standardized testing week and I had this sign on my door, and I had 3 interruptions during a 2 hour period. I can go for a week without anyone unexpected coming into my room, but as soon as I hung up that sign people were crawling out of the woodwork. One interruption was from one of the teachers who has known for a week that I would be testing this morning and was reminded yesterday, and she called my office phone! I picked up and told her I was testing, and she said, "That's what I was calling to find out." Never mind she went through the same pre-test training and was given the same "do not disturb" sign to hang on her door. I know she only called because it was the time I normally see her most difficult student (i.e. the one who routinely spends 30+ minutes crying) and she wanted me to take him off her hands. It really pisses me off.
    Ugh, I'm getting annoyed on your behalf just reading this! I don't blame you for being pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    WOOT WOOT! Don't be skerd! Be excited! I'm so jealous- I won't be getting mine for a few more years now.

Oh yeah, and I had a dream you posted a picture of your boobs on FB as a before picture.

Good luck for the 26th, Chrissy!

I confess I hate DH's new work schedule!
    It's been 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. for a while now but he just got Sunday and Monday off instead of Sunday/Thursday. Sun/Thu really broke up the week nicely and it's going to take some adjusting to get used to Sun/Mon. Plus he's still not home tonight. He left at 9:30 and it's almost 9 p.m. now. Ugghhh I hate long days!

Josh is feeling better, which is great, but he's back to his usual argumentative self. LOL I tried to get him to take a nap today and I snuck out of the room when I thought he was asleep. He wasn't. And he proceeded to take no nap. So it's been an extra long day. I love spending time with him of course, but the afternoon/evening gets a bit long.

Tomorrow I guess I have to get him into the pedi because it looks like this preschool screening thing wants a physical and all his medical records. I just got the paperwork today and our screening appt. is tomorrow at 11. Sooo...I hope that all works out. He may not even get into this preschool. It's public but you get in by lottery. I don't really get it.

Really I'm just trying to kill time until DH gets home. Sorry for the rambling