Page 335 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2352853253333343353363373453854358351335 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,050 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Yowza. Good luck with that, Lydia. My mom's here, and as much as she's great to have around, I find myself having to "pull her up" in terms of her behavior around Oscar. She and my sister who's visiting too (25, who lives with my mom) act like *****y old women with each other and snipe at each other. I hate it, can't stand the aggressive tone, and refuse to allow it in my home. So twice already I've had to say "cool it, that's not okay in this house" and I feel like a total *****, but I refuse to let Oscar learn that it's okay to treat people you love with disdain. I had to unlearn it and it wasn't easy (or fair to my husband).

Anyway, sorry about your dad-stress. I sure understand. and even though he's paying for preschool, it's still okay to be annoyed!

Lydia, it sounds like we have the same father. At dinner last week my dad told me I looked prettier when I was pregnant...and that was right after he told me that I was getting pretty fat. And he had the exact same type of behavior with the kids - if I ever leave my dad in charge, like even for 5 minutes, I have to look him in the eye and ask him if he understands that he has to watch her every single second that he's with her.

So I feel your pain.

I'm all set with my pregnancy hormones. All set. I can handle all the weight gain, being out of breath, the hypoglycemia..etc...the hormones - that led me to taking Annie into the guest room with me to sleep last night because DH said something snarky to me at 2am, yeah those I could do without.
    Just Midge

I'm sorry to the people with difficult parents. Mine aren't all that bad. They pretty much stay out of my business and they're great with Josh. My mom used to offer opinions way too often, and I think it was at the point where Josh was having sleep issues at about a year old and I was cosleeping with him when I finally snapped. She didn't think it was a good idea and she said I needed to leave him to cry and I finally told her, in a rare moment of assertiveness, that I didn't want her advice if I didn't ask for it. She has really backed off since then. She did however ask me recently why we water down his juice, which seemed like a no-brainer to me, but I explained it to her and she was like oh, ok, whatever. I could tell she didn't get it but she didn't press me further.

Hehe, DH just looked over at APA and saw some of the neverending threads. He said holy crap, is that the number of responses?

I confess I'm hopeful that Oscar has chicken pox. His little buddy has them and they played together last Friday, when he was contagious but hadn't broken out yet. O's got a flu-ish thing that started two days ago and I SO HOPE he's got the pox. I was just talking to DH this week about how convenient it would be if he got them BEFORE this baby is born, otherwise we won't expose him on purpose until the newbie's over the age of 2ish.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I need to kick my own ass into going to the gym... Im so insecure about going, especially by myself, and I HATE IT!
    Don't be insecure!!! Go and do it! I know how you feel though as after I had Elle, I had gotten REALLY big and was kind of embarrassed about it. I joined the rec center in our area and lost about 40lbs until I got PG on my IUD and miscarried, don't think I mentioned it much here especially, but it took a while to resolve and I was in some shock emotionally and then I got a little lazy and stopped going to the gym. I just started going back in March and lost 6lbs in March, not bad, but I know I could have done better. I am doing a program called Body for Life, which is a weight training and intense cardio workout. I just decided to try it for a month and found it was really convenient to my lifestyle since you don't have to work out longer than 45 minutes per day, 20 minutes 3 days a week and 45 another 3. You can work at your own pace. I went down about 7 dress sizes since starting and 2 cup sizes and a couple sizes in my boobs. Eating right is always hard for me though, moreso than working out. But once you start going and focusing on your health, you won't care about those other people. I hope you can find a place where the clientele aren't fitness nazis or something. I'm lucky in that I have never been approached really by anyone at the gym that I don't know, some guys talk to me, but they are usually just shocked at how much weight I can squat or dead lift. They are usually pretty cute too so I don't mind talking to them LOL.

Erin

I confess that I'm about to die of embarrassment! I ran into the kitchen wearing nothing but a camisole and panties (I just got out of the shower) because Mia was about to pour milk all over the floor. I look out the window and our male neighbour is right there looking right at my butt. We made eye contact and I ran out of there.

Aaacck!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I'm about to die of embarrassment! I ran into the kitchen wearing nothing but a camisole and panties (I just got out of the shower) because Mia was about to pour milk all over the floor. I look out the window and our male neighbour is right there looking right at my butt. We made eye contact and I ran out of there.

Aaacck!!!!!
    That just made me almost spit out my oatmeal. I'd be so embarrassed too.
    Just Midge

Aaacck!!!!!
    How embarrassing but at least you had something on even it it it wasn't much!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess that I'm wearing my slippers to work all week this week (my last days of work) and I don't give a shiz who has anything to say about it.

There's no way these feet are getting crammed into shoes all day every day until Friday!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Aaacck!!!!!
    And then the neighbor was like this...

Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    How embarrassing but at least you had something on even it it it wasn't much!
    I know, I'm grateful I wasn't completely nekkid.

Janeen - you rock those slippers girl! I wore black pajama pants out in public towards the end of my pregnancy.

ROFL
    I wore maternity jeans for quite a while after my pregnancy because they were so darn comfy.

I confess last night Josh was sicker than he's ever been. He had that croupy, barking cough and he was crying inconsolably. However nothing else was wrong with him and it was the middle of the night so we waited it out. He couldn't sleep for over half the night and then he finally dropped off around 3 a.m. I spent the night in his bed and tried to comfort him. I was sure he'd be so sick this morning but he seems fine. I took him to the Dr. and she said it might just be the beginning of a cold. She checked for strep and he doesn't have it.

It was just awful last night. He's never really been sick and now I know what moms mean when they say you just feel so sad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    ...And I actually did get written up for not having updated a medical form in one childs' folder.
    That stinks Bridget. My neighbor got written up because ketchup tipped over in her fridge, and somehow the lid was loose or something & it left some ketchup on the side of the fridge wall. It was the most ridiculous thing. I don't know who they think they're helping by having such moronic rules. I could see if the ketchup splatter was old...but it wasn't.

Aaacck!!!!!
    That's funny!!

Sorry about your folks Lydia & Stash.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    ROFL
    I wore maternity jeans for quite a while after my pregnancy because they were so darn comfy.

I confess last night Josh was sicker than he's ever been. He had that croupy, barking cough and he was crying inconsolably. However nothing else was wrong with him and it was the middle of the night so we waited it out. He couldn't sleep for over half the night and then he finally dropped off around 3 a.m. I spent the night in his bed and tried to comfort him. I was sure he'd be so sick this morning but he seems fine. I took him to the Dr. and she said it might just be the beginning of a cold. She checked for strep and he doesn't have it.

It was just awful last night. He's never really been sick and now I know what moms mean when they say you just feel so sad for them.
    I hope he's still feeling better.

I know, I'm grateful I wasn't completely nekkid.

Janeen - you rock those slippers girl! I wore black pajama pants out in public towards the end of my pregnancy.
    I wear black pajama pants out in public now....LOL Not when warm out but I will do it to get groceries when it's cold enough to wear my winter coat (and than I don't have to wear a bra even though I'm a DD).

Now that it's getting warmer though I will have to actually get dressed to go out in public on the weekends. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I haven't worn pj pants to work-but I haven't been pregnant here either. I do wear blue jeans and flip flops when the weather is nice enough for sandals. That's the best thing about working in an ultra liberal university (not officially). "Anything" goes for work attire here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I wear black pajama pants out in public now....LOL Not when warm out but I will do it to get groceries when it's cold enough to wear my winter coat (and than I don't have to wear a bra even though I'm a DD).

Now that it's getting warmer though I will have to actually get dressed to go out in public on the weekends. LOL
    LOL...I've also done the no-bra-wearing-a-coat thing, with D-cups. I hate bras and would never wear them if I could get away with it.

I'm going to be 3 months bra-less post op. It'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm going to be 3 months bra-less post op. It'll be interesting to see how that goes.

You have to be braless? I don't think I could do it...I definitely have gone braless a lot in the past, but now post baby - I feel the need to have em strapped into place
    Just Midge

When's your op happening Chrissy?

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I haven't worn pj pants to work-but I haven't been pregnant here either. I do wear blue jeans and flip flops when the weather is nice enough for sandals. That's the best thing about working in an ultra liberal university (not officially). "Anything" goes for work attire here.
    That is lucky! My work dress code is rather strict...business professional, we HAVE to wear socks or hose, nothing revealing, no unnatural hair color, no piercings other than ears, no visible tat's......never jeans or flip flops...and I push it by wearing sandals with open toes but can get away with it since I wear socks with them (socks are thin and black and sandals are black so no noticeable at all).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

LOL...I've also done the no-bra-wearing-a-coat thing, with D-cups. I hate bras and would never wear them if I could get away with it.
    yeah me too. But I'm awfully saggy since I have lost and gained a LOT of weight a few times. So I can't do it unless I can wear a winter coat and scarf. At home though, I hardly ever have one on!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Wow, 3 months without one....that would be interesting. I dont' think that I could work! Though in my case if I was ever having surgery on them, it would be a reduction!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thanks Chrissy, he is acting fine but a little less active than usual. It's a gorgeous day and he just wants to sit around inside it's very unusual because he has a new bike, a new ball and bat, bubbles, tons of outdoor stuff he loves.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I love the idea of going braless for three months. I hate wearing a bra anyway, and I never looked into breast surgeries because I thought bra-wearing would be mandatory after that.

I love going braless. I guess that's why I love the little stretchy shirt bras. They're second best.

Oh. My. Lord. I'm in my office and my mother and sister are "doing art" in the art room with Oscar. I just actually had to stop what I was doing and go out and mediate between my mother and my sister, and heard myself saying "Mombo, use your words if rae-rae is upsetting you, please do not yell at her" and "Rae-rae please do not put dots on Mombo's picture, because she told you that upsets her."

OMG. Thankfully, Oscar looked at me and said "thanks mama." how OLD are they?

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    You have to be braless? I don't think I could do it...I definitely have gone braless a lot in the past, but now post baby - I feel the need to have em strapped into place
    Theoretically, they're going to be firm and rather high. Going braless is to assist them in dropping into a more natural position.

When's your op happening Chrissy?
    4/26 & I'm scared to death!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Thanks Chrissy, he is acting fine but a little less active than usual. It's a gorgeous day and he just wants to sit around inside it's very unusual because he has a new bike, a new ball and bat, bubbles, tons of outdoor stuff he loves.
    Aww...poor baby. That's so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I love the idea of going braless for three months. I hate wearing a bra anyway, and I never looked into breast surgeries because I thought bra-wearing would be mandatory after that.
    I'm having salines implanted through the underarm, so that's why I'll be able to go braless. If you have silicon, they cannot be put in that way and hence the need for a rather restrictive support bra. They either cut under the breast, or around the nipple, and they don't want the weight to put a strain on the incision site. From what I gather, it takes longer to achieve the 'natural' look with silicons because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I love going braless. I guess that's why I love the little stretchy shirt bras. They're second best.
    I might need to get some of these. Where do you get them? Frankly, the idea of being at work with the girls swinging totally free, and larger than normal, does kinda freak me out. I can be a little prude sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Oh. My. Lord. I'm in my office and my mother and sister are "doing art" in the art room with Oscar. I just actually had to stop what I was doing and go out and mediate between my mother and my sister, and heard myself saying "Mombo, use your words if rae-rae is upsetting you, please do not yell at her" and "Rae-rae please do not put dots on Mombo's picture, because she told you that upsets her."

OMG. Thankfully, Oscar looked at me and said "thanks mama." how OLD are they?
    Oh my! How do they react to you when you talk to them like that?

It sounds like Oscar is taking it in stride. One of my most shameful moments was when Rich & I really got into it, and Conner ran to hide under the kitchen table. Bobbie got him out, picked him up, and yelled at us for scaring him. Conner is really sensitive to people being 'at' each other.