Page 326 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2262763163243253263273283363764268261326 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,780 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Aw, that makes me sad too. I feel so bad for him when I know Josh is crying because he's overtired.
    Yes, and she is just too young to understand that if she would just be still for even a minute and let sleep come she would feel so much better. It was distressing for everyone.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Mine too. Unfortunately I was having a hard time dealing with it today because I am simply wrecked from all my hard work in these past few weeks culminating in my big sales the past four days. I can barely keep it together myself and I had a hard time trying to not start sobbing myself, or throw things against the wall. I felt like a crap mother today all day.

We finally got her to sleep this evening after 45 minutes of her getting out of bed and crying.
    Well, I'm guessing the Easter Egg rush is over for the year, so I hope you have some time to take it easy now for both your sakes.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Well, I'm guessing the Easter Egg rush is over for the year, so I hope you have some time to take it easy now for both your sakes.
    Definitely. And I learned my lesson about keeping her up too late - not a good idea quite yet. I have to check it every six months of so, because it would be nice to stay at a party past 6:30 p.m. every once in a while, but whatever fun is had in staying late is totally outweighed by the nightmare of the next day.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I confess that JoJo took NO nap today, cried for two hours straight instead. Too much Easter sugar? We kept her out too late last night so I know that was part of it. Anyway, she was just I felt terrible for her - she was sobbing and crying and kept saying "Want to stop crying!" but she just couldn't. It was awful.
    awwww Audri's saying is "Don't wanna".... She'll be rubbing her eyes, and tugging her ear (which she ONLY does when shes way tired) but just keep sayin "don't wanna"

OOOH... I forgot our funny from last night! We went out to dinner... (the LAST time I take Audrianna there for a looooong time... but that's another story)... and on the way home my dad was joking around with Audrianna cause all she would say was "no"... So here was the conversation..

Grandpa - You want a knuckle sandwich for dessert??
    Audri - no
    G- You want one on Monday?
    A- no
    G- Tuesday?
    A - no
    G - Wednesday?
    A-no
    G - You don't even know what those days are do you?
    A - NOT YET!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    awwww Audri's saying is "Don't wanna".... She'll be rubbing her eyes, and tugging her ear (which she ONLY does when shes way tired) but just keep sayin "don't wanna"

OOOH... I forgot our funny from last night! We went out to dinner... (the LAST time I take Audrianna there for a looooong time... but that's another story)... and on the way home my dad was joking around with Audrianna cause all she would say was "no"... So here was the conversation..

Grandpa - You want a knuckle sandwich for dessert??
    Audri - no
    G- You want one on Monday?
    A- no
    G- Tuesday?
    A - no
    G - Wednesday?
    A-no
    G - You don't even know what those days are do you?
    A - NOT YET!

LOL, that is cute!!! Elle's new answer to everything is "no" now too for the past few days.

Erin

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I'm back from an exhausting but fun weekend in Yosemite. I love all of the new cute and funny and even crying stories. Katy, I love your new sig. pictures! Audrianna's conversation is so funny--mine have just barely started saying "Not yet" and I can tell they get it from me because they say it the same way I do.

The only thing that's new with us is we're having to examine Ronin's poop to see if he passes the dime we think he swallowed yesterday. Arrgh! I'm hoping it appears quickly, because we're not entirely sure if it went down his gullet or not, and I do not want to be doing this for a week.

Ooh, good luck with the poop watching, Lydia. Glad you had a nice weekend!

It is so hard when kids are cranky and you're already burned out. That seems to be when they really let loose too.

Audrianna is adorable!!

I confess we had a rotten Easter. Rich & I actually fought and argued and we had people here. I tried biting my tongue, but he had a few beers so he was just a total jerk. The kids even asked to go spend the night elsewhere, because they couldn't stand to be near us. We've been falling apart for a year or more and I really don't see this ending well at all.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Chrissy I'm sorry. That does not sound fun at all - my dh and I have had arguments when family has been over before, and I've just been so embarrassed. ugh. I hope you two can get things on the mend.

I confess that we went to my mom's house for her easter celebration yesterday - which was really fun since my brother and his wife and kids were there too, and all the kids got to play outside together. They had a lot of fun.
    Just Midge

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    It is so hard when kids are cranky and you're already burned out. That seems to be when they really let loose too.

Audrianna is adorable!!

I confess we had a rotten Easter. Rich & I actually fought and argued and we had people here. I tried biting my tongue, but he had a few beers so he was just a total jerk. The kids even asked to go spend the night elsewhere, because they couldn't stand to be near us. We've been falling apart for a year or more and I really don't see this ending well at all.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Ugh, I'm sorry Chrissy. I didn't know you guys were having problems.

Lydia, I really wouldn't worry about the dime. They have no sharp edges, and they're small. I once watched for a (sharp) plum pit for three days, though.

Chrissy, I'm sorry.

I confess I have a terrible headache, and I'm getting tired of trying to get Oscar to sit still for his "lessons" during the day. We do ONE lesson, it's "reading" and it's no more than 15 minutes, but he's acting like a teenager about it. I feel like I should push him to get through each lesson even though he whines like a maniac, but I don't want him to hate learning because of it. Same time, if I "give in" and say "okay enough" then he learns he can whine and get his way.

Parenting is a pain in the ass some times, and homeschooling, I'm realizing, is the hard way out.

Kudos to you for even attempting reading lesson with a 3.5 year old...I couldn't imagine! You're right though, if you give in he'll learn to whine his way out of it. I wish I had some wise suggestion...maybe Bridget will be along soon.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I'm just trying to stick with it, be kind and compassionate, and not be a pushover (or get totally impatient).

It's not so much "reading" at this point - just sounding things out. He knows his letters, and mostly knows the sounds each letter makes, and he was soooo interested in learning to read that I thought I'd try. He's really "getting it" and is so excited about it, but no matter WHAT it is if he feels like I'm "making him" do it, he fights it. I try to make it fun, or a game, but gah.... I think I lack a little patience this week because a) I'm pregnant, b) I feel like crap, and c) he's pushing my buttons

LOL Stacy...what is up with him in your sig?

Hah - he'd just eaten salt at Thanksgiving dinner.

I confess that I heard from an old friend today that I thought had cut me out of her life after I'd made several attempts to reconnect with her after coming back from Hawaii and she ignored me. It turns out she was battling some personal demons and was laying low and trying to rebuild herself. It made me sad for her but happy that she still loves me. And she's doing well now so even better.
    Stacy that sucks about Oscar's lessons. Personally I'd hang it up for awhile but that's my way with Savana. She will refuse to learn certain things so I put it up for awhile and she always comes back to it eventually. Like right now she refuses to trace her letters. But I have her doing mazes and stuff so she still gets the hand movements she needs to eventually make letters. I think that's one of the great things about homeschooling is that we get to go at our children's pace and interests.
    I understand what you mean about not wanting him to hate learning. Above anything else I want my kids to have a passion for learning. I didn't have that. I just went through the motions to get through school. Now I've got the passion and not the time.

Hey everyone I haven't had time yet to read the posts, but I wanted to see how everyone was doing!

I'm okay, I guess. Been having a really bad time handling things right now, but I'm trying to work through them for the most part. I've got a friend who's been ignoring me for no good reason and it's been really hurting my feelings, and I still have no word from the college yet. However, Clinton and I have decided to do a nice life chance as far as diet and exercise goes, and today it's gone real well. I'm about to make a nice dinner of chicken, broccoli, and basmati rice. I can't wait

Hope everyone is well!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Stacy, Bridget's advice is excellent, and I might add that at his age maybe you just want to start by getting him used to having "learning time" (or whatever name you want to use) by setting aside a specific time of day but start easy with something high-interest and fun, then gradually work in the academics. That way sitting down at a specific time and working with you is already a natural behavior and it is only the academics that are new. So if you want to work on reading, maybe start by just reading a book together and doing a coloring page or craft which is probably something more familiar to him. What he is learning is the behavior of sitting and working together at a designated time. Then make it more challenging, but gradually and taking into account what he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    Hey everyone I haven't had time yet to read the posts, but I wanted to see how everyone was doing!

I'm okay, I guess. Been having a really bad time handling things right now, but I'm trying to work through them for the most part. I've got a friend who's been ignoring me for no good reason and it's been really hurting my feelings, and I still have no word from the college yet. However, Clinton and I have decided to do a nice life chance as far as diet and exercise goes, and today it's gone real well. I'm about to make a nice dinner of chicken, broccoli, and basmati rice. I can't wait

Hope everyone is well!
    I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Dinner sounds great. What time should I be there?

hehe In about.. 10 minutes!

Who else wants to come? hehe
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

I had the pot roast we were supposed to have last night but it wasn't ready in time. It was good!
    Today I was driving with Josh and he spotted a spider in the car...I couldn't see it but Josh was giving me a play by play! "Now it's on your seat mommy! Oh it fell...I'll tell you when I see it again." LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I had the pot roast we were supposed to have last night but it wasn't ready in time. It was good!
    Today I was driving with Josh and he spotted a spider in the car...I couldn't see it but Josh was giving me a play by play! "Now it's on your seat mommy! Oh it fell...I'll tell you when I see it again." LOL!
    haha That's funny. He just wanted to give you a play by play of the action!

I am so mad right now. Earlier today I went to go do my laundry. I had my iPod on, and I put the clothes in the washer, and as I was leaving, I saw a red wasp. Apparently these things are huge in Texas. I flipped out, and went to the manager of the complex to let them know so someone could kill it. She said she'd let maintenance know. So I went back after 30 minutes to get my clothes. Wasp was still there. Now it's been 7 hours since I did all that, and I went to see, and the wasp is still there!

I am terrified beyond terrified of bees, wasps, yellow jackets, ANYTHING of that sort, and I refuse to finish my laundry. I don't care if I have to go tomorrow morning with Clinton so he can protect me (lol) and rewash them all over again. I am not going to be there with that thing in the room, and it's constantly right by the door. No way.

Yuck!
    To keep the bug theme going...ladybugs are all over our curtains again (there were like 30 of them one day last fall). Ew ew ew

25. Default

Audri said her first complete sentence today!!!! My jaw nearly dropped to the floor!!

She's been saying a few words together as simple sentences (Milk, please... etc) but today she walked up to us (my mom and me) and says "I need to poop!"

I confess that I, without a doubt, now have big fat pregnancy cankles!

27. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I, without a doubt, now have big fat pregnancy cankles!
    Do you have stretch marks on your ankles? I got them SOOO bad... ugh..

Do you have stretch marks on your ankles? I got them SOOO bad... ugh..
    Nooooooooooooooo, I've never heard of that! Tonight is the very first night I have noticed any swelling.

29. Default

ok.. So when you have stretch marks on your ankles THEN we can talk about big fat pregnancy cankles!

Audri said her first complete sentence today!!!! My jaw nearly dropped to the floor!!

She's been saying a few words together as simple sentences (Milk, please... etc) but today she walked up to us (my mom and me) and says "I need to poop!"