Page 321 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2212713113193203213223233313714218211321 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,630 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Okay, but these make sense because you don't forget the day after Thanksgiving! (or birthdays, etc.)
    Exactly! when he said "happy anniversary" I looked at the calendar. March 29...nope doesn't ring a bell LOL

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I have such a crush on the Pioneer Woman.
    She's awesome!

Mandy I'd tell her. Since she sent it to you I think she wouldn't mind. I'd just say "I noticed a typo in 'practicum'"
    Don't worry, I'm a spelling freak too.

Need some advice. My cousin is moving to AZ from NY this summer and I suggested to her that she apply at a school down the street from where she lives. I don't really know the staff there but I've met them a few times at a training and so I mentioned to them that my cousin would be moving near them and would like to apply. The principal of the school was really enthusiastic and wrote down her name so he would be sure to look over her resume when it came in. I've been emailing back and forth with my cousin about the requirements for certification here in AZ so she just sent me a last couple of questions and said she'd be sending her resume off tomorrow priority mail. She attached her resume to the email she sent me but didn't ask me to read it. I opened it up, since she sent it to me, and I noticed she spelled "practicum" "practucum" or something similar. I want to email her back and let her know she spelled it wrong, but I don't want to be a b#$%chy spelling freak, which I have a tendency to be. It seems like this is the time to let her know, though ... even though she didn't ask my opinion of her resume. Should I tell her?
    I would just tell her that you happened to read her resume and that you noticed something you thought she should know. Tell her that you hope she doesn't mind, but you're really wanting and hoping that she gets to go to that school and you just wanted to help. I think that if you let her know that was your first thought, she shouldn't get offended.

Honestly, if it were me, I'd want to know if I made a spelling error on something like that. Sort of like the "undone zipper" you know? I'd wanna know if mine was down for an hour haha
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

I'm watching Josh on the camera and one of our cats keep jumping up on his bed. He's rubbing up against Josh and Josh is giggling. I love it.
    I confess I think the Lowe's incident really got to me more than I expected. I've really let a lot of things not get to me since then.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'm watching Josh on the camera and one of our cats keep jumping up on his bed. He's rubbing up against Josh and Josh is giggling. I love it.
    I confess I think the Lowe's incident really got to me more than I expected. I've really let a lot of things not get to me since then.
    I'm sure that must have been so scary. I'm so glad everything worked out okay.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

That's so cute. And I'm glad you're letting things not get to you! Small things, at least!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Haha well Josh just got fed up with the cat and said "Mommy, I think I want the door shut all the way!"

Haha well Josh just got fed up with the cat and said "Mommy, I think I want the door shut all the way!"
    That's SO cute!

Hi guys! Guess what we did today? Bought our home! (I don't say house cause its a unit in a triplex, but condo makes it sound wrong for what it is...anyway!). We're so excited!!! We're going to do some work on the bathroom and paint and stuff before we move in - we'll move in near the end of April, I think.

But as IF I needed something this intense while I'm still trying to finish my thesis. AHHHHHHH. so.freaking.busy.

Stash - I can tell how worried you are and I'm sending all my good vibes to your little bean. Why can't stressful stuff just be over quicker? So annoying.

Mandy - I would email her and tell her about the typo. It would be one thing if you were correcting spelling in a random email or forum post, but this is a resume! It should be flawless.

I just tried to read so many pages and pretty much missed everything. I hope you guys are well. I think I'll have more time to come hang out with you in another month, after the move. gosh, I hope so.
    Norah! (3 yr)

Okay..now he said "mommy I'm hungry! I want breakfast!"
    Think he's testing me? LOL

Hi Maggie! Miss you!

Okay..now he said "mommy I'm hungry! I want breakfast!"
    Think he's testing me? LOL
    Thats funny. And yay for potty usage!
    Norah! (3 yr)

Maggie! We've missed you! Hurry up and finish that thesis. Congrats on the new home!

I did email my cousin and she emailed back to say thanks. Don't know why I worry about it. I think because we haven't really known each other since we were kids so I'm trying really hard to get along with her.

Stash's thread about the passover books reminded me of the books I saw in TJ Maxx today that were concentrated on "God Made Me" or whatever.... I dislike books like that in the kids section, cuz I'm pretty sure I did all the making of my babies.

Maggie, congrats on buying your home! That's great news.
    Just Midge

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Congrats, Maggie! Do you have any pictures? I can't remember, is your dh working now or is he doing a postdoc? If he's working, do you feel like you're just rolling in the dough now? That's how dh felt when he got a job.

Stacy, I'm thinking about you and your results all the time. I hope he's perfect, except for maybe a little genetic sassiness, which I'm sure he'll get from you.

I forgot to tell you guys he pooped in the potty this morning! It's not the very first time, but it's been a long time since he did it last. He said "I have to poop!" and he just ran off and did it.
    Woo hoo!!

Conner is getting there with peeing, but he's afraid to poop on the potty for some reason. Actually, he's afraid to poop in front of people. I've tried telling him he can use his little potty chair and we can put it wherever he wants and use it whenever, but he's leery.

I did email my cousin and she emailed back to say thanks. Don't know why I worry about it. I think because we haven't really known each other since we were kids so I'm trying really hard to get along with her.
    Glad it worked out!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Hi guys! Guess what we did today? Bought our home!
    Congratulations!! How exciting!!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Woo hoo!!

Conner is getting there with peeing, but he's afraid to poop on the potty for some reason. Actually, he's afraid to poop in front of people. I've tried telling him he can use his little potty chair and we can put it wherever he wants and use it whenever, but he's leery.

Glad it worked out!
    Josh does something like that. He hides from me when he's pooping himself. I'm not sure what that's all about. He'll get it. It's really true that one day they just get it. (at least it seems that way with Josh)

Yay, congrats on buying your home Maggie!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Congrats, Maggie! Do you have any pictures? I can't remember, is your dh working now or is he doing a postdoc? If he's working, do you feel like you're just rolling in the dough now? That's how dh felt when he got a job.
    Post-doc, but we still feel like we're rolling in the dough, compared to two grad school salaries. Its still modest, but we feel very extravagant.

Pictures to come soon, I only have really crappy ones that we didn't take. And I don't think they're on the computer. But soon!

Thanks for all the congrats ladies. I wish I could take the whole month off work and just play in my new house and decorate it.
    Norah! (3 yr)

They say that boys generally have a hard time with pooping on the potty. I read somewhere once that seeing the poop fall into the potty makes them afraid that their penis will fall off.
    Kai was totally mortified and disgusted the one and only time he pooped in his underwear. I was surprised at his reaction since he was cloth diapered but I think the fact that he had to see it up close, and it got on his leg when I pulled them off. He was like "Mom. YUCK."

Bridget!! Conner doesn't seem to have that issue. He poops in his underwear all the time.

Kai has very minimal tolerance for grossness. He'll play in the mud all day but watch out if their is a hair on his hand and he has to wash his hands immediately after eating. He holds them out away from him too on his way to the sink.
    It's nice because he will not ever touch his face if his nose is running he comes running to me as if he's on fire yelling "I HAVE BOOGERS!"
    When he poops on the potty he gets really disgusted by the smell. The first couple of times he did, he looked at me from the potty and said, "Mom. You stink."
    Uh, no baby. That's you.

Oh that's too funny!!! lmao!

Congrats Maggie!

Stash - I hope the results come in soon. You must be on tenterhooks.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Josh is funny about getting dirty too. If he has to pick up a burger or something messy he puts down the food and licks off his fingers each time he gets something on them. Makes for some long dinners sometimes.

Today we were making things with his Handy Manny table and he said "I want to make watermelons!" We were puzzled until he pointed to the picture of the windmill!

I just have to share this ridiculous FB status regarding health care reform:

america was warned from the likes of hannity, gingrich, limbaugh, etc...yet no one listened. maybe they'll listen now, but i dooubt it. what's next?

Srsly?

I guess the people who need to be "warned" don't listen to those scumbags.

I bet he likes Coulter and O'Reilly too.

If those morons told me not to jump, I'd take a blind flying leap because I have zero faith in anything they got to say.