Page 320 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2202703103183193203213223303704208201320 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,600 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Jelly beans are yucky.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I play Mafia Wars when I'm bored at work. But I don't have my accomplishments posted to my wall...I find that highly annoying. If I couldn't skip the publishing, I wouldn't play it.

I don't play the games. As if I need to be addicted to something else besides APA.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Stop talking about jellybeans!

Ok so what FB game is he obsessed with? Maybe I'm obsessed with it too. LOL
    Ummm it is one with cards like like Yu Gi Oh but they are all fantasy related.

And now it seems like we're getting a ton of pop ups. He has played it for at least 15 hours this weekend.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yikes! Ok I'm not that bad. I play mafia wars too but I hid all the announcements from other people. I still post my own though LOL
    I did play farmville but I cut down on that a lot recently.
    I know...you'd think APA would be enough.

My husband has gotten into Farmville. It's actually really funny because until about a month ago he didn't even use email.

It's pretty funny to see my family on facebook. None of them play the games though.

Ok so annoyed. Didn't get to the store to pick out the bathroom counters on Saturday. So I emailed the woman about what her hours were this week..this is the response I get.

I would be available Tuesday morning between 9-11am or Wednesday between 3-4pm. I could also do Friday morning between 9-1130am. Let me know what time would work for you.

What the h*ll kind of hours are those? I work 8-4:30 M-F. I was hoping that go really early one day so I wouldn't miss much work. Of course tomorrow the other librarian is out so I'm not sure that I can make that. Wednesday afternoon, I might be able to do but have a doc appt at 2:30. Of course that would mean waking DH up since that is the middle of the night to a 3rd shift worker.
    Friday I was planning to do a half day anyway since we have family coming up...but that was an afternoon off. I really don't want to take th whole day and use up PTO (I can only take a whole day at a time being salaried).

OMG, I'm usually really quite flexible in time and scheduling....but this ONE last thing we need to pick out is being so difficult. I'm seriously considering saying to heck with this store and going someplace else. The builder can just credit me the money set aside for these two counters.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess that I am having a wicked hard time right now, waiting for our genetic test results. I have done *so well* up until this point, but I am having a sorry-for-myself fest where all I can think is "I cannot deal with bad news, I cannot cannot cannot. Everything HAS to be okay, because I cannot deal with a pregnancy termination at this point, I cannot deal with trying to get pregnant again, I cannot deal with another round of testing." I'm sort of at the wanting to rock back and forth in the corner point.

Well, not really, I'm doing better than THAT but dammit everything HAS TO BE OKAY THIS TIME RIGHT????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy I dated in my teens who found me on FB recently just messaged me "Happy anniversary" I said "Of what? Dare I ask?" and he said "the day we broke up." 16 years ago.
    I said "And to think, all these years I didn't celebrate!"

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess that I am having a wicked hard time right now, waiting for our genetic test results. I have done *so well* up until this point, but I am having a sorry-for-myself fest where all I can think is "I cannot deal with bad news, I cannot cannot cannot. Everything HAS to be okay, because I cannot deal with a pregnancy termination at this point, I cannot deal with trying to get pregnant again, I cannot deal with another round of testing." I'm sort of at the wanting to rock back and forth in the corner point.

Well, not really, I'm doing better than THAT but dammit everything HAS TO BE OKAY THIS TIME RIGHT????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Odds are it will be fine. I have my fingers, toes, knees and eyes crossed for you. When do you get the results?

The guy I dated in my teens who found me on FB recently just messaged me "Happy anniversary" I said "Of what? Dare I ask?" and he said "the day we broke up." 16 years ago.
    I said "And to think, all these years I didn't celebrate!"
    That dude is a freak. You guys were kids when you went out, right?

Maybe Wednesday, probably not until Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post

That dude is a freak. You guys were kids when you went out, right?
    Yes, I think we met when I was like 11 and I was probably 14 when I broke up with him. It was never really serious, obviously...just kids hanging out holding hands...awww

Stash.

Stacy, everything is going to be ok!!
    Dani (6) and Chris (4)

Thanks guys. I'm just ready for the whatifs to be over for at least a little while

Stacy, everything is gonna work out I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

How was everyone's weekend? Mine wasn't bad.. no word on college yet, but I'm staying optimistic!

On Saturday I made onion, bacon and cheese stuffed burgers.. they were SOOO good - and filling! The trick was to figure out how long to cook them; the recipe said four minutes on each side, but the first one I made was not cooked all the way through, so I had to up it to 5 1/2 minutes on each side, and they were perfect.

Other than that, not too much. I got a "job" with kgb.com, so I'm hoping I can get into their training program when they're not full and work at home. Let's hope!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Good luck with the job, what is kgb.com?
    The weekend was good...it never really seems like a weekend though because DH works on Saturdays. So it's weird. I'm usually not sure what day it is, LOL
    The burgers sound good! I confess we went to 5 Guys twice last week. Josh wanted to go, so I blame him. LOL He usually gets a hot dog, but he actually wanted a burger. Then he wanted to cut it up so he used a knife for the first time. I'm so proud of my little guy.

I forgot to tell you guys he pooped in the potty this morning! It's not the very first time, but it's been a long time since he did it last. He said "I have to poop!" and he just ran off and did it.

Stacy, I'm hoping for your sake you get the results sooner rather than later. Hang in there.

Kate, that's like stalker creepy. Who on earth remembers the date someone broke up with them when they were 14?
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

- Pooping in the potty rocks.

- Bacon cheese stuffed cheeseburgers are making me DROOL.

- A guy who remembers your breakup date from high school is a nutcase

- I had such a great weekend - we gardened all weekend long the three of us, and Oscar and I had two great hikes. The weather is so nice. Of course, I could barely move by Sunday night but hey

Good luck with the job, what is kgb.com?
    The weekend was good...it never really seems like a weekend though because DH works on Saturdays. So it's weird. I'm usually not sure what day it is, LOL
    The burgers sound good! I confess we went to 5 Guys twice last week. Josh wanted to go, so I blame him. LOL He usually gets a hot dog, but he actually wanted a burger. Then he wanted to cut it up so he used a knife for the first time. I'm so proud of my little guy.

I forgot to tell you guys he pooped in the potty this morning! It's not the very first time, but it's been a long time since he did it last. He said "I have to poop!" and he just ran off and did it.
    KGB is that website/texting service where you ask a question and you get a response real quick - they have tons of commercials, like the two people planning for a child's party, or the fighting sumo wrestler one, where two people need to find out what I surrender means in Japanese; one texts KGB and one looks on the web, and the one who texts KGB finds out quick and doesn't have to fight the sumo guy. You have to take a really hard test, and you have to answer questions real quick. Now that I can be an agent, once I train, I can answer questions based on the subjects I am best at, and get paid for every question I answer.

Sounds like Josh is growing up! It's especially awesome that he was able to use the potty on his own!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    - Pooping in the potty rocks.

- Bacon cheese stuffed cheeseburgers are making me DROOL.

- A guy who remembers your breakup date from high school is a nutcase

- I had such a great weekend - we gardened all weekend long the three of us, and Oscar and I had two great hikes. The weather is so nice. Of course, I could barely move by Sunday night but hey
    Sounds like a good weekend! I went on a hike once .. I did not make it far Glad you two had a good time, though!

And the burgers were incredibly easy and delicious! I saw it on Food Network, and of course I had to make it.

Well he also mentioned it was his friend's birthday...maybe he just remembers because it falls on his friend's birthday (assuming this friend goes way back)? I dunno. But yeah he is a little strange. I kind of get the feeling I was "the one who got away" for him. It's sort of flattering. LOL

Woah, everyone posted at once! LOL

25. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Kate, that's like stalker creepy. Who on earth remembers the date someone broke up with them when they were 14?
    I remember two....

1 because it was the day after thanksgiving, and I felt SO horrible because on Thanksgiving he called me to say what he was thankful for that year was me....

and the other because it was a month before his birthday.. exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I remember two....

1 because it was the day after thanksgiving, and I felt SO horrible because on Thanksgiving he called me to say what he was thankful for that year was me....

and the other because it was a month before his birthday.. exactly.
    Okay, but these make sense because you don't forget the day after Thanksgiving! (or birthdays, etc.)

27. Default

I confess someone tagged B in a picture on facebook, and when I looked at it my first thought was "wow... He's not very good lookin"

I confess I am proud of myself for that!!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess someone tagged B in a picture on facebook, and when I looked at it my first thought was "wow... He's not very good lookin"

I confess I am proud of myself for that!!
    Good for you!

I have such a crush on the Pioneer Woman.

Need some advice. My cousin is moving to AZ from NY this summer and I suggested to her that she apply at a school down the street from where she lives. I don't really know the staff there but I've met them a few times at a training and so I mentioned to them that my cousin would be moving near them and would like to apply. The principal of the school was really enthusiastic and wrote down her name so he would be sure to look over her resume when it came in. I've been emailing back and forth with my cousin about the requirements for certification here in AZ so she just sent me a last couple of questions and said she'd be sending her resume off tomorrow priority mail. She attached her resume to the email she sent me but didn't ask me to read it. I opened it up, since she sent it to me, and I noticed she spelled "practicum" "practucum" or something similar. I want to email her back and let her know she spelled it wrong, but I don't want to be a b#$%chy spelling freak, which I have a tendency to be. It seems like this is the time to let her know, though ... even though she didn't ask my opinion of her resume. Should I tell her?