Page 318 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2182683083163173183193203283684188181318 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,540 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I've seen skinny vaginas before, or at least with many elderly women, the fat pads under the skin kind of disappear and so everything is all flat and kind of shriveled. You can see the outlines of the bones underneath.
    That's a visual!

I confess I got a job with kgb.com!

I took their test today - which was really hard! - and passed it, so now I get to hopefully finish up stuff and work for them! Every question I ask, I get a little money. I can work from home and everything. It's not much, but it is something, and it gives me things to do during the day!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

I've seen skinny vaginas before, or at least with many elderly women, the fat pads under the skin kind of disappear and so everything is all flat and kind of shriveled. You can see the outlines of the bones underneath.
    Lydia, you owe me for a new keyboard - I just spat coffee all over this one.

I leave you guys unattended for just a few hours and this is what I come back to?

eww.

As far as yeast goes - I don't know about the traditional yeast infection that we all think of, but I know that I am super prone to getting candida, which is yeast, but systemic. So I'm supposed to stay away from sugar. Boooo.
    Just Midge

I know a woman whose name is Candida.

I confess that DH keeps doing this thing that drives me crazy. Every weekend, I get up with Mia while he sleeps in. He finally gets up 1-3 hours later, goes and has a leisurely breakfast, showers and gets dressed while I play with Mia. Then he's all ready to go out and I'm still waiting to get in the shower. But he wants to go out now and he can't possibly wait 20 minutes for me to get ready. So he goes out without me.

It's really hurtful and it messes up my weekend. I've talked to him about it countless times and he still keeps doing it.

That is really hurtful. I'm sorry he's not more sensitive to you in that situation. My husband can also be very impatient, so I understand the type - but I'm surprised that even after talking with him your dh isn't receptive to it.
    Just Midge

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that DH keeps doing this thing that drives me crazy. Every weekend, I get up with Mia while he sleeps in. He finally gets up 1-3 hours later, goes and has a leisurely breakfast, showers and gets dressed while I play with Mia. Then he's all ready to go out and I'm still waiting to get in the shower. But he wants to go out now and he can't possibly wait 20 minutes for me to get ready. So he goes out without me.

It's really hurtful and it messes up my weekend. I've talked to him about it countless times and he still keeps doing it.
    That is really disrespectful. My dh sleeps in frequently too, but I get an opportunity to get ready after he wakes up and he's grateful I didn't wake him up by showering while he was still asleep. Can you interrupt him before he showers and tell him he needs to watch Mia so you can shower? Or barring that, shower with Mia so you can be all ready when he decides to eventually get going?

Like Lydia said, disrespectful. Ugh, that would make me crazy mad. I don't know why he can't give you half of the courtesy you give him.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Candida?! Oh, poor girl. I hope no one was smart enough in middle school to call her "yeasty girl."

Definitely extra cushion for the pushin'. And Cosmosmom, thanks, but I've seen the data. I've been through the full training to become a childbirth educator, about 90 percent of the additional doula training, and I've worked for a midwifery practice doing patient ed. I've seen the stats. Doctors would recommend that I (on the healthy end of big on the BMI charts non-pregnant) gain between 20-40 pounds, depending on whose info you use. That said, there is something very different about ME (and that's where the standard methodology falls on its ass). Within two weeks of giving birth, I've lost 40 pounds of the weight I gain. That says something significant to me - that we're not talking fat here, for the most part, we're talking baby, pregnancy products, and WATER. Both times in the past, I've lost another 10-15 within 6 months, and the other 10-15 has hung around for a while (the first time through the second pregnancy because I didn't have time to lose it, the second for about another 6 months).

The bottom line is that I know me better than a midwife I've just met and that it's a-okay with me that she's just doin' her job, but I'm not going to be swayed by risk factors I've already considered. It's like having a pediatrician tell you a horror story of a kid that's died from measles to try to convince you to have the MMR administered to your kid, when you know full well that your kid has enough environmental allergies that he's more likely to have seizures from the additives than complications from measles.

So back to the previously scheduled program Mammamia, that is really disrespectful. If he can't listen to your kind requests, perhaps you need to "get serious" with him about the topic? Sit him down and tell him how much it hurts your feelings, how you try to be respectful of his needs, but that you have needs, to? Perhaps ask him to explain to you, after you've explained your bit of it, why he feels his behavior is acceptable? I know some people really hate confrontation, but sometimes you have to just hold it up in front of their faces and say "dude why is this OKAY?"

And that's really interesting about the sugar/yeast infection correlation. I'm lucky - I only get the yeasties when I'm on antibiotics, and then I get a whopping case of 'em if I don't load up on probiotics like three times a day

I confess I almost lost Josh at Lowe's today. Well, I guess I did lose him...but he was found. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...post1057230473

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess I almost lost Josh at Lowe's today. Well, I guess I did lose him...but he was found. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...post1057230473
    How terrifying. I'm glad he's okay.
    I was thinking about you last night because of the problems you are having getting Josh to clean up his toys. I have the same issue with Kai. Not Savana anymore but when she was younger, for sure. Anyway, I realized that I'm not the model of consistency when it comes to this because sometimes I just don't have it in me. Yesterday, for example, Kai had dumped out all of Savana's beads and I told him we we had to clean them up, offered to help him, told him he wasn't going to be able to use Savana's beads anymore...nothing phased him. I wasn't about to take away the trip to the library because I needed to go there and I didn't want a big tantrum, so I offered him the choice to do a different job. It wasn't a mess that he made. He actually stacked up some papers of mine that had slid off dbf's desk. And it was a super easy job while I picked up all of the beads.
    We all contributed to getting the room picked up and we didn't lose anything. My point is sometimes the fight becomes such a power struggle that the lesson gets lost. So I just take the focus somewhere else, off "the mess he made" and on to the collaboration of getting the house clean.
    Hope that huge babble helps.

Oh yeah, that is a good idea Bridget. Thanks!

Oh my lord, how terrifying. I lost Oscar once in Sears. He was playing "hide and seek" down the shoe aisles and I couldn't see his head over the rows. Every time I went to a new aisle to look down, he'd run to another one. It lasted about 2 minutes and I was HORRIFIED.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    My point is sometimes the fight becomes such a power struggle that the lesson gets lost. So I just take the focus somewhere else, off "the mess he made" and on to the collaboration of getting the house clean.
    Hope that huge babble helps.
    Bridget, you have such great insight. It's totally true. In most cases, the "fight" hides the point and you get sidetracked.

I confess that I'm on lesson three of "teach your kid to read in 100 easy lessons" and it's both good, and bad. O is so ready to read it's nuts, and is learning quickly, but he's never had to focus on any one thing for more than two minutes at a time, and focus at the age of 3.75 is like WTF was I thinking? It's good, because he needs some focused time, and to really "do work" and it's bad because I hate feeling like I'm "forcing" him to do anything. I refuse to give up though, because I'm afraid there will be this "if I whine enough she will simply give up" lesson learned.

I guess I asked for it, deciding to homeschool and need to learn some of these strategies now rather than later.

Okay, off the computer and out to the garden. We fenced the new garden yesterday, and today we're putting in the raised beds and I need to plant the earlies in the hoop garden...

Stacy, was it recently? What did you say to him about it afterward? I'm sorry it happened to you it is horrifying. Longest couple minutes of my life.

How scary.

Bridget, I always love your advice.

Stacy, I'm so jealous of you going out to garden. I wanted to have a big garden so bad this spring. Moving sucks!

I guess I missed out on the conversation last night! Not sure if my vagina is fat or not. Have to ask DH.

Bridget, I love that advice.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Oh my lord, how terrifying. I lost Oscar once in Sears. He was playing "hide and seek" down the shoe aisles and I couldn't see his head over the rows. Every time I went to a new aisle to look down, he'd run to another one. It lasted about 2 minutes and I was HORRIFIED.
    My mom lost me in the amusement park of West Edmonton Mall when I was 5. We were driving through Canada to Alaska, and stayed the night in Edmonton.. so of course we went to the mall, and I was watching a ride... My mom and sister walked away, thinking I was right with them...

So scary, I'm so glad Josh is just fine.

I haven't lost Annie...yet. She did fall out of her highchair in a restaurant yesterday though. Not the same thing - but it's evidence to me that eventually, I'm going to do things like lose her in Lowes.

I woke up this morning, feeling just great. Good enough that I let DH sleep in even though it was his day to wake up with the baby - and somehow now I have this raging cold. It came on all of a sudden, out of no where. Weird.
    Just Midge

I think even if your baby doesn't fall out of high chairs it's likely he or she will eventually get away from you at a huge store like Lowe's. LOL I never thought he'd run off without me. He didn't know where the bathroom was and I thought he'd wait.
    I guess when you gotta go you gotta go!

I sure wish I understood enough about the health care bill to argue one way or the other about it , because I'm sure if I understood it, I'd feel strongly about it. But I just don't understand it.
    I don't know what Obama has said in the bill, but in Canada our healthcare system allows us to have surgeries, obstetricians, pediatricians, regular doc visits, xrays, MRIs, biopsies, and ICU for free. A prescription costs me only $4- no matter what pill it is. A friend had a baby stay in neo-natal for 6 weeks and has had umpteen drugs/ tests etc and she owes $0.
    I can't understand why anyone would say no to this.

I have a fat vagina...I guess that is why I have had 2 kids with 2 Caesarians

Sarah, I wouldn't bother talking to him anymore...become passive aggressive...have your shower with Mia first thing in the morning regardless if it wakes him up and get ready with moderate (you don;t want him to KNOW you are ticked) noise and voila- you are ready when he gets up. He really won't have a leg to stand on if you do this. I mean *bats eyelashes* you only want to make sure you can spend the day with him.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Ooo, passive-aggressive in my house doesn't do anything but make everyone sad and miserable. We've both tried it and voila, we end up ready to kill each other reaaaalll fast!

Oscar "got lost" when he was about 2, so it was a LONG time ago and he wasn't really "rational" yet so it was very hard to explain in a way that would make a lasting difference.

Now, we've talked about if he gets lost in a store, and how to be safe. My instructions for him have been to go STRAIGHT to a checkout counter and to speak ONLY to the checkout person behind the counter. If someone else tries to help to yell NO! and to head straight to the checkout counter.

It's the only "standard" thing I could think of, knowing he CAN find the checkout and a checkout person, and that that's really the only thing I could "trust." But like I really trust the checkout people at like, Target? More than the random customer, I suppose.

It's hard, to add to that, because Oscar loves to talk to people, and I refuse to discourage him and make him totally afraid of people, but like, the stranger thing... gah. So now he's only allowed to talk to strangers if mama or daddy are there, and if he is lost, he's to talk to NO ONE but checkout people.

I haven't dealt with if he gets lost somewhere else because well, it's not particularly likely in our lives...

He just didn't even seem scared. He was just standing there. I guess he was mostly sad that he peed on the floor.
    Honestly we have an issue with him not listening to me. Just now he was sitting on the counter helping me cook. He tried to get down by himself and I said "next time ask mommy for help, okay?" Nothing. Wouldn't respond or nod his head or give me any clue that what I said sank it. It drives me up the wall! (Incidentally DH does the same thing. I'll say something and DH won't respond, so I'll say "Did you hear me?" and he'll say yes but he didn't think it needed a response. I don't get it.

26. Default

I confess today has probably been the hardest day we've had since B asked for a divorce...

Audri took a nice long nap, but woke up crying, and screaming for her daddy... She wouldn't let me touch her...

I'm sorry Ashley that must be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess today has probably been the hardest day we've had since B asked for a divorce...

Audri took a nice long nap, but woke up crying, and screaming for her daddy... She wouldn't let me touch her...
    hun
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I confess a friend and I had a falling out a few months ago and she is still on my facebook. Once a month or so she messages me and says hi and we chat for a minute and she logs off without saying bye or anything. Why do you guys think she does this?

I confess that I have not lost my children yet. I'm really lucky that they do not wander away from me which is a really good thing because they both prefer to walk along rather than ride in anything.
    I started reading Raising Freethinkers on the car ride home from my parents this afternoon and I'm wanting to yell "Amen!" after every paragraph.
    And Stacy, I ordered the Teach Your Child to Read book off amazon after you mentioned it the other day. Savana has been asking me for awhile when is she going to learn to read so I thought I'd check it out. I'm not totally sure she is ready but I want to be ready when she is. She told me a few weeks ago that she has so many stories in her head all of the time. Then a few days later we were at a book store and I bought a journal. She asked me what it was for and I said it was for all the stories in my head. Her jaw about hit the floor when I told her that when she learns how to read and write she can write all of her stories down. It was a cool moment.