Page 312 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302310311312313314 322 362 412 812 1312 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,360 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Mandy, I'm always surprised to see you posting in the Christian room, because I think of you as someone who is an integral part of this room.
    Thanks. For some reason I have come to feel like this is my "home" thread. I unfortunately don't feel particularly at home in the Christian room but that's another subject.

And I agree, that volcano picture of you is just beautiful and you look SO happy.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Mmm beer.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Mmm beer.
    Im having chai tea, but REALLY want a glass of wine.. lol

Do it!

Hey! I thought there was a rule about no drunk APAing! Or was that just for Jennifer?

It's my first beer.

Well, in that case ...

Here's me (and M!) at the Halema`uma`u crater on the Kilauea Volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii.

I miss Hawaii.

10. Default

Do it!
    I would, if we had any in the house....

The one I really want, my sister brought from california... (and we of course drank while she was here..) but I just found a site that I can order it from...

I confess I just ordered some....

I'm such a lightweight. I'm starting to feel this one beer. ONE BEER.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I'm such a lightweight. I'm starting to feel this one beer. ONE BEER.
    Let the fun begin!

I confess that all of the babys clothes are now organized according to type and size and they're all in his dresser that's really darn full.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I hope Maggie gets her thesis done soon so she can come back and talk some sense.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Oh wow. Tuesday is going to be my one year APA anniversary. I can't believe you people have been putting up with me this long already!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Hey! I thought there was a rule about no drunk APAing! Or was that just for Jennifer?
    Hey now!

I would LOVE a glass of wine. But I already took some generic unisom plus I'm not keeping much alcohol in the house right now.

OMG so last week right at this time I was having a few drinks. Well I think that I had a LOT more than I remember because my brandy was all gone and I'm not sure I remember going up to bed. Got up Thursday and I am pretty sure I had my first hangover headache, feeling pukey and thirsty. OMG that sucked! I ended up calling in sick to work.

I'm soooo not doing that again! That was awful. and it's like I don't drink or don't ever feel tipsy....but seriously I can't imagine feeling that on a regular basis.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Oh wow. Tuesday is going to be my one year APA anniversary. I can't believe you people have been putting up with me this long already!
    Cool! I have a few months and I hit three years.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

18. Default

ewwww brandy.... my stomach just turned...

My dads new drink obsession is brandy and Squirt... He had 7 glasses last night... ( and his glass is a 32oz mug)

Hangovers. Suck.

I confess....my house has walls.

I'm getting really excited...I figure that if I can't have a kid, I might as well have the house I want.

and maybe a new puppy next summer. I think that Cosmo needs a sister. Dh is nuts though, he wants to name her Pepsi, Crouton, or Boxcar. Or the worst is Ninja. OMG.

so if anyone has a cool sound girl name that goes along with Cosmo and has good nickname possibilities, let me know.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    ewwww brandy.... my stomach just turned...

My dads new drink obsession is brandy and Squirt... He had 7 glasses last night... ( and his glass is a 32oz mug)
    Ewww is right with squirt. it's supposed to go with 7up or Diet 7up. I LOVE brandy. when I am sick, it's brandy with a little cold water and some ice...works so much better for my asthma coughing than any inhaler i have tried...grandma in law told me to try that one.

Second choice is rum, the clear kind not spiced kind.

and of course wine.

Beer is very icky.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

22. Default

yum on the rum! hahaha.. and the wine... Well.. Certain wines...

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Hangovers. Suck.
    So why didn't you warn me????

I mean really this fall and a good chunk of winter I was having a few pretty much every night. got tipsy for sure and a bit drunk but never a hangover. that was really really awful.

And I think that when when my brandy was gone I switched to rum.

I haven't touched the alcohol in a week.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

yum on the rum! hahaha.. and the wine... Well.. Certain wines...
    I like Pinot Noir. Cavit is tasty for a pretty good price.

And Olive Garden House wine. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

My dad is so funny. I sent him pictures tonight of the house...he is REALLY into my house (my dad is a quiet guy except when it comes to my house and music...and right now he's all about Lady Gaga...he calls himself a little monster and him and my sister are trying to convert me into a monster LOL). anyway he said seeing the pictures was the second best thing this week. Ok dad so what was the first and he said healthcare reform. Oh but your house is a really big deal too Jennifer. Oh yeah dad, is it a big f'ing deal?
    My dad busted out laughing.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I love volcanoes. Almost every place I've gone for vacation in the past five years has had a volcano. Dh and I hiked up a couple of volcanoes in Indonesia. In fact, one of dh's photos of the volcano that erupted in Indonesia (Mt. Merapi) is on the Wikipedia page for it (on the right side).

Here's me (and M!) at the Halema`uma`u crater on the Kilauea Volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Great pics!

That reminds me, I actually have been to an active volcano in NZ. I'd forgotten about that.

I confess I got some sad news last night...

A friend of mine just seemed to drop off the planet after a car accident a few months ago. We had been talking almost daily after B asked for a divorce, then a few days went by with nothing, he told me about the accident, and then it was almost 2 months...

He got ahold of me last night, and told me that after his accident his aunt passed away, and he went home to be at her funeral.. the day after the funeral he collapsed, and after a battery of tests he was diagnosed with Leukemia...

He's doing Chemo twice a week..

I confess I felt incredibly bad because this whole time, I thought he was mad at me or something, and was getting mad that he wouldn't just talk to me, and tell me what was wrong...
    That's awful Ashley. Your poor friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    My dad is so funny. I sent him pictures tonight of the house...he is REALLY into my house (my dad is a quiet guy except when it comes to my house and music...and right now he's all about Lady Gaga...he calls himself a little monster and him and my sister are trying to convert me into a monster LOL). anyway he said seeing the pictures was the second best thing this week. Ok dad so what was the first and he said healthcare reform. Oh but your house is a really big deal too Jennifer. Oh yeah dad, is it a big f'ing deal?
    My dad busted out laughing.
    Your dad sounds so cute.

For Cosmo's sister, how about Martini? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    For Cosmo's sister, how about Martini? ;)
    That is cute.

I would go with Brandy ....but our first cockapoo was Brandy. Second was Jax. Cosmo is the third cockapoo I have had but the first girl and the first one that is ours.

I would love to do Casey because I have sort of given up having a baby myself and I love that name. But Kasey is what we were going to call a daughter so DH isn't ready to give that one up yet.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I am hating you all for talking about wine. I love wine. Mostly red wine, nice big ones. Sigh. Month 8, I will have a glass of wine in the bathtub some evening when I'm having a really crap day.

I confess that I really thought I wasn't pregnant with this baby (really, like way past when I should have gotten a + hpt and got a - one) and got a good drunk on. Found out I was pregnant three days later. Ah well, I did the same **** thing with Oscar (should I have learned?) and he's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I am hating you all for talking about wine. I love wine. Mostly red wine, nice big ones. Sigh. Month 8, I will have a glass of wine in the bathtub some evening when I'm having a really crap day.

I confess that I really thought I wasn't pregnant with this baby (really, like way past when I should have gotten a + hpt and got a - one) and got a good drunk on. Found out I was pregnant three days later. Ah well, I did the same **** thing with Oscar (should I have learned?) and he's perfect.
    I went on a hardcore three day drinking binge leading up to my BFP.