Page 311 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2112613013093103113123133213614118111311 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,330 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess that I really wish I could go and see the volcano erupting. It looks so cool. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...31_600x450.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    You would have SOOO gotten in trouble!
    Haha you're probably right. I hate word vomit. It happens to me so often!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I really wish I could go and see the volcano erupting. It looks so cool. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...31_600x450.jpg
    Now THAT would be awesome!!!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

From a distance, maybe. Volcano's scare me.

I just had one of those days where nothing really went right. I felt off and a little crabby too. I came home & went for a 3 mile run and I feel 110% better. I wish I could get more motivated in the morning, because if I had ran this morning I might have had a better day.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post

I just had one of those days where nothing really went right. I felt off and a little crabby too. I came home & went for a 3 mile run and I feel 110% better. I wish I could get more motivated in the morning, because if I had ran this morning I might have had a better day.

What I wouldn't give to go for a run right now. The weather is like absolutely perfect for it. I'm a little too front heavy for it these days.
    Just Midge

Go for a nice walk then! You'll enjoy it.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post

Exercise is great like that. I really should get back into swimming. It may sound weird, but my life in general seems much more inclined to stay on track when I have an exercise routine.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I love volcanoes. Almost every place I've gone for vacation in the past five years has had a volcano. Dh and I hiked up a couple of volcanoes in Indonesia. In fact, one of dh's photos of the volcano that erupted in Indonesia (Mt. Merapi) is on the Wikipedia page for it (on the right side).

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Oh, I had one of those bad days yesterday. I'm glad my day is better today, and I'm sorry for all of you who are having crappy days today. Yesterday was awful. It started out with having to wait half an hour for a free parking space, not getting it, and having to book it over to the paid lot just in time for work. Then one of my staff was late. Then I spilled hot soup on someone. Then all of our patients were angry or needed translators who couldn't be there. By the end of the day, I was twitchy and irritable and I tried so hard not to take it out on dh, but he could tell.

10. Default

I confess I got some sad news last night...

A friend of mine just seemed to drop off the planet after a car accident a few months ago. We had been talking almost daily after B asked for a divorce, then a few days went by with nothing, he told me about the accident, and then it was almost 2 months...

He got ahold of me last night, and told me that after his accident his aunt passed away, and he went home to be at her funeral.. the day after the funeral he collapsed, and after a battery of tests he was diagnosed with Leukemia...

He's doing Chemo twice a week..

I confess I felt incredibly bad because this whole time, I thought he was mad at me or something, and was getting mad that he wouldn't just talk to me, and tell me what was wrong...

I'm so sorry for your friend.

Lydia, I love the pictures!

I have a pic of me and a volcano somewhere...

Jeez, what a lot of bad luck. I get like that too sometimes, like why won't they just talk to me? but some people are very private about their problems, while I go around telling anyone who will listen. LOL

I had the same kind of morning - woke up knowing I'd had this series of wicked, weird dreams and I didn't feel right all day. That sucks rocks. Atenielle, I'm so sorry, that's very hard

As for this forum being a private place - I have no confusion about that - I know anyone and everyone can read in here. But puh-lease. I stay out of the places that would annoy me - you don't see me lurking on the national rifle association site, or prolife sites, why in the heck would anyone lurk in the secular area of the APA site if they're a) religious, b) not simply looking for trouble or c) if they're truly friends who share some of the same perspectives, but those people check out thread titles and join in where appropriate, they don't hang around waiting for someone to say something that might peeve them.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    why in the heck would anyone lurk in the secular area of the APA site if they're a) religious, b) not simply looking for trouble or c) if they're truly friends who share some of the same perspectives, but those people check out thread titles and join in where appropriate, they don't hang around waiting for someone to say something that might peeve them.

Ummm...I think that's me! Hi, guys! Not looking for trouble, though.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Here's me (and M!) at the Halema`uma`u crater on the Kilauea Volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii.

I have never seen a volcano. I must be a very boring person.

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post

Yeah, but you're friendly. So maybe there are more of you guys than I know because you lurk (which is fine) but my issue is with lurkers who wait for the opportunity to leap. I guess we should call them SNIPERS.

I mean hey, I check out the traditional parenting room when I'm in the mood to browse, but not for a minute would I EVER step in and say something snarky in a spanking thread, for example.

I love volcanoes. Somewhere I have pictures of DH and I on the big island of Hawai'i when you could still walk near the lava floes...

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Yeah, but you're friendly. So maybe there are more of you guys than I know because you lurk (which is fine) but my issue is with lurkers who wait for the opportunity to leap. I guess we should call them SNIPERS.

I mean hey, I check out the traditional parenting room when I'm in the mood to browse, but not for a minute would I EVER step in and say something snarky in a spanking thread, for example.
    Totally understand what you mean (and didn't think you were talking about me negatively, it was just funny to me how well you described me). There certainly are lurkers who are looking to leap like you said. I admit to sometimes clicking on a thread out of a fascination, good or bad, with the title, but mostly I stay out of things if I can't contribute positively. Kind of regretting getting involved in something recently though but it hasn't gotten too bad yet.

21. Default

I confess I just made an appointment for the girls to have their pictures taken tomorrow! I'm so excited!

Lydia - those pictures of the volcanoes are awesome!

Antinelle - that's so much fun to do pictures. I've never had pictures done of Annie - I really should.
    Just Midge

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    What I wouldn't give to go for a run right now. The weather is like absolutely perfect for it. I'm a little too front heavy for it these days.
    the only time you would see me running was if someone was chasing me or if I had to chase the dog (thankfully she listens very well and will come!). LOL

Dang, when can't I like exercise.....well I did park in the far lot at work and that took me about 10 minutes to walk in today....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Nope that isn't you! I love seeing your posts.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I have never seen a volcano. I must be a very boring person.
    me neither. DH has his degrees in geology...he does NOT like volcanos and finds them scary. He focused on environment, hydrology and glacier stuff....not like we have many volcanoes in Wisconsin! LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Nope that isn't you! I love seeing your posts.
    Thanks!

I've never seen a volcano either. They kind of freak me out too. And I told DH to never take me to Niagara Falls. Huge waterfalls creep me out too. LOL

Mandy, I'm always surprised to see you posting in the Christian room, because I think of you as someone who is an integral part of this room.

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post

This is suck a beautiful picture- both you and the volcano. Just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    This is suck a beautiful picture- both you and the volcano. Just awesome.
    Can I edit you to say such instead of suck?

Thank you! I love that picture! It was such a wonderful time of my life, and I was so happy with my dh for taking such a cool picture of me.