Page 308 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2082582983063073083093103183584088081308 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,240 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #9211
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Phew. I'm done. There's still someone alive in there! And the procedure went flawlessly, the doc and hospital were great. Results by next Friday!

    (And p.s. For good or for bad, I have just as loud a mouth IRL as online. Just ask Lydia).
    for a flawless procedure.

    :thumbsdown: for having to wait for the results! Yeah, I'm impatient.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  2. #9212
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    I'm glad the procedure went well, Stacy!

  3. #9213

    Default

    Thanks guys - I know, I wish I could know TODAY!



  4. #9214

    Default

    I know, dude. Making you wait is unnecessary. They should just call you in the little office right there and tell you.

  5. #9215
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,426

    Default

    Yay for a little wiggler!


  6. #9216
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Phew. I'm done. There's still someone alive in there! And the procedure went flawlessly, the doc and hospital were great. Results by next Friday!

    (And p.s. For good or for bad, I have just as loud a mouth IRL as online. Just ask Lydia).
    Keeping fingers crossed for you!

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  7. #9217

    Default

    Keeping fingers crossed Stash!

    Sarah, good luck on your job interview! Yay for your DH winning first place! I'm sorry you can't take the course you want online. I hope there's other ones you can take that you're interested in.

    Today I got an e-mail from UTA giving me my netID. I'm pretty sure they just give that to any student who applies, but it freaked me out, and then I realized they wouldn't send me an admissions letter in an e-mail
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  8. #9218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I know, dude. Making you wait is unnecessary. They should just call you in the little office right there and tell you.
    I actually understand why they do it - they have to grow the little cells, then they do a full karyotyping of the genes. It takes some time. But it's still ANNOYING.



  9. Default

    stupid aslkdfnha;oidsfubgq;eribgnajdkfbgadfihb

    I just lost ALL the homework I did this morning...

  10. #9220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    stupid aslkdfnha;oidsfubgq;eribgnajdkfbgadfihb

    I just lost ALL the homework I did this morning...
    Oh no! Was it on your computer or something?
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  11. #9221
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    I'm glad it went well Stacy, and good luck with the final results.

    Thanks Lauren. I'm totally bummed, but all is not lost. I can do 60 credits in general science starting in October, and possibly count that as a minor if I go on to do psychology degree later.

    I hope everything works out with your studies too!

    ETA: Don't you have an admissions interview tomorrow?
    Last edited by MammaMia; 03-23-2010 at 11:08 AM.


  12. #9222

    Default

    Thanks, Sarah. Doing the general science might help you, especially if you can try and apply what you've learned into something with the brain. Might make learning it all more interesting too
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    Oh no! Was it on your computer or something?
    yes! I haven't gotten a word processing program yet, and so I am just doing it all in my email, then accessing my email from my moms computer to print it... Well I SWEAR before I showered I saved it all as a draft (it wasn't finished, so I didn't actually send it yet) so when I logged in after I was showered to finish it, it wasn't there....

    Guess I will be getting a word processing program today....

  14. #9224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    yes! I haven't gotten a word processing program yet, and so I am just doing it all in my email, then accessing my email from my moms computer to print it... Well I SWEAR before I showered I saved it all as a draft (it wasn't finished, so I didn't actually send it yet) so when I logged in after I was showered to finish it, it wasn't there....

    Guess I will be getting a word processing program today....
    I'm so sorry
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  15. #9225
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I actually understand why they do it - they have to grow the little cells, then they do a full karyotyping of the genes. It takes some time. But it's still ANNOYING.
    How long does that usually take? I'm glad that so far things look good though!

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    stupid aslkdfnha;oidsfubgq;eribgnajdkfbgadfihb

    I just lost ALL the homework I did this morning...
    Sorry, that's a major pain. At least you'll be twice as prepared with whatever the homework is.


    I just soaked some beans overnight, and they were still hard. I then boiled them for 30 minutes before putting them into the crockpot with the rest of my chili ingredients. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out okay...otherwise we're having pizza or thai food for dinner.

    Maybe we'll have thai food anyway.
    Just Midge

  16. #9226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    I just soaked some beans overnight, and they were still hard. I then boiled them for 30 minutes before putting them into the crockpot with the rest of my chili ingredients. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out okay...otherwise we're having pizza or thai food for dinner.

    Maybe we'll have thai food anyway.
    When in doubt, do take out!

    That was lame. Anyway, what kind of beans were they? I'm wondering why soaking them all night didn't do a thing to them.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  17. #9227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I actually understand why they do it - they have to grow the little cells, then they do a full karyotyping of the genes. It takes some time. But it's still ANNOYING.

    I know they have to do that stuff too, but dammit, it's WRONG!





    I hope this week is the fastest week in your life. Ever.

  18. #9228

    Default

    Beans don't get soft after soaking, only after soaking AND cooking. Make sure not to add salt until after they're cooked or they never fully soften, either. And by the way, if you're in a rush you don't really have to soak 'em. I sometimes cook them without soaking if I'm in a hurry and they turn out fine, just take a bit longer.

    Midgend, the results take 7-10 business days and the nurse said she's pretty sure I'll get the results by next Friday.

    She said "just in time for Easter!" all excited like. All I could think was like I give a rip about THAT...



  19. #9229

    Default

    Thanks, I know, it's sucky, but I'm glad to have just gotten past this morning. I have this never-ending fear with early ultrasounds that the fetus will be dead (sorry for my bluntness) because no matter HOW emotionally healthy you are after a stillbirth and three miscarriages, you still carry the trauma of finding out there's no heartbeat. Those moments will stick with me forever and I just HATE the suspense right before you see the little bugger dancing around in there.

    So, it's all good. To semi-quote Eckhart Tolle, "RIGHT NOW, everything is perfectly fine." I'm not thinking about next week until it's here.



  20. #9230

    Default

    I confess Josh is down for a rare nap and I am watching Tony n Tina's Wedding. It's terrible, but Joey from NKOTB is in it, and that is worth. it. *swoon*

  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post

    Maybe we'll have thai food anyway.
    I want good thai food... I miss my "LemonGrass" in Fairbanks

  22. #9232
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post

    So, it's all good. To semi-quote Eckhart Tolle, "RIGHT NOW, everything is perfectly fine." I'm not thinking about next week until it's here.
    That would be so awesome if I could live that way. DH and I are both big time planners and worriers.

    I still can't believe I got him to agree to build a house. It's all the what if's with him. Grrr.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  23. #9233

    Default

    Thai food - learn to make your own. It's what I had to do in Montana. My thai food rivals any good restaurant now.

    Jennifer - it takes a lot of relearning and practice. I'm a big time planner, but worrying is nothing but suffering, and suffering is unnecessary. There's enough in life that will be painful and hard and terrible to add unnecessary suffering into the mix, too.



  24. #9234

    Default

    I've actually been thinking about Indian food lately. I want to make some.

  25. #9235

    Default



    So my college doesn't do admissions interviews. I'm trying so hard not to see everything glass half full, but d@mn it, I can't help it. Nothing right now is going right, and I'm unbelievably frustrated.

    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  26. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Thai food - learn to make your own. It's what I had to do in Montana. My thai food rivals any good restaurant now.
    I'm trying, but its not often that I get to (my dads not a fan.. he's a steak and potato kinda guy) but I'm persistent and will do it

  27. #9237

    Default

    I confess that on friday I told my older brother that my little brother is gay. My older brother is a conservative catholic and they are not close. But we were having a family gathering for my mom to talk to us about some choices she has made regarding her health and my little brother was bringing his boyfriend. I just wanted to give my big bro a heads up. Everything turned out great with all that. My big brother was very open and loving about it and I think some walls were torn down and my mom was really happy to see her two boys getting it all out in the open.
    Now my brother is asking me for advice on how to talk to his kids (6 and 8) about it because he says it's not a subject that has come up in their house. Plus the kids go to Catholic school so they'll likely be told that uncle is going to hell.
    I don't know what advice to give him. Because I'd like to say, find a new school/church but I know that's not what he's looking for.
    Should I ask in the Christian room?

  28. #9238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that on friday I told my older brother that my little brother is gay. My older brother is a conservative catholic and they are not close. But we were having a family gathering for my mom to talk to us about some choices she has made regarding her health and my little brother was bringing his boyfriend. I just wanted to give my big bro a heads up. Everything turned out great with all that. My big brother was very open and loving about it and I think some walls were torn down and my mom was really happy to see her two boys getting it all out in the open.
    Now my brother is asking me for advice on how to talk to his kids (6 and 8) about it because he says it's not a subject that has come up in their house. Plus the kids go to Catholic school so they'll likely be told that uncle is going to hell.
    I don't know what advice to give him. Because I'd like to say, find a new school/church but I know that's not what he's looking for.
    Should I ask in the Christian room?
    I would say he should talk to them about it, and tell them that no matter what, your brother is still their Uncle, whether he's gay or straight, and he's still the same person, normal just like everyone else. I would try and make it clear that God should be left out of it, but honestly, that's coming from someone who was raised Catholic but is now agnostic and couldn't give a flying fig if someone was gay or straight or anything else.

    It's definitely a tough situation, but the kids should just know that being gay or straight doesn't define anything else about them but their sexuality. I'm not sure if anything I'm saying here makes sense. Maybe you should ask in the Christian room as well, and see their opinions. I'm sorry I don't have more of an answer.

    ETA: I also wanted to add that I respect your older brother for accepting his sibling despite his beliefs.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  29. #9239
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    OH MY GOD!

    DH just won first place in a competition (a computer programming thing). The prize money is about $2.500!
    Congrats to him!

    Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    ARGHHH!!!!

    I just found out that I can't study the course I want through the Open University. For some reason that specific course isn't available to Iceland. I want to cry.

    Trying not to panic. There are a few science courses I might be able to do.
    I'm sorry. What are the science courses you're looking at?

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Phew. I'm done. There's still someone alive in there! And the procedure went flawlessly, the doc and hospital were great. Results by next Friday!
    Yay-so glad everything went smooth and looks good so far.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  30. #9240
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that on friday I told my older brother that my little brother is gay. My older brother is a conservative catholic and they are not close. But we were having a family gathering for my mom to talk to us about some choices she has made regarding her health and my little brother was bringing his boyfriend. I just wanted to give my big bro a heads up. Everything turned out great with all that. My big brother was very open and loving about it and I think some walls were torn down and my mom was really happy to see her two boys getting it all out in the open.
    Now my brother is asking me for advice on how to talk to his kids (6 and 8) about it because he says it's not a subject that has come up in their house. Plus the kids go to Catholic school so they'll likely be told that uncle is going to hell.
    I don't know what advice to give him. Because I'd like to say, find a new school/church but I know that's not what he's looking for.
    Should I ask in the Christian room?
    Hmmm...I know what *I* would tell them, but then I'm not a conservative Catholic. What are your older brother & SIL's personal beliefs on homosexuality?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •