Page 307 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2072572973053063073083093173574078071307 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,210 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Thanks for the tip about the light, Kim. I'll keep my eye out, but so much of my shopping is online because it's easier that I'll probably eventually get a light from Amazon.

Lauren, try not to let people with other opinions disturb you or get you down. Remember to use the IGNORE function as much as you want (although I never could resist seeing what people were up to) and it might save you a little grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Lauren, try not to let people with other opinions disturb you or get you down. Remember to use the IGNORE function as much as you want (although I never could resist seeing what people were up to) and it might save you a little grief.
    That's probably my issue. I can't help but read it, but then it makes me so upset because it's all one-sided, and then it turns into more drama than I had seen in high school!

I'm way too sensitive about so much lately.. or maybe just all the time? lol
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    I confess that I am so incredibly sad about certain aspects of this forum. I get we all have our own opinions.. but the pettiness and the bashing.. it really makes me want to delete my account. When I first came here, we were all supportive and most of the time, agreed to disagree. But now, everyone is constantly b*tching about the "who?" and the "what?" and the "she said, she said," and it just makes me so upset and heartbroken. I really love you ladies, and to be honest, ya'll are my friends and you give me a place to go when I need to talk.. but I'm just feeling like all of that is going away, all because we have a difference in opinion..
    I hope I haven't contributed to that feeling. I admit, I don't understand how 'the other side' sees things, but I genuinely like most people on here and hate none.

I confess I was presented with a wonderful job opportunity today, and I'm going to see where it leads me, but it makes me sad. I really like my little routine and don't feel any ambition to change things. Not even for more money or higher job title. I don't feel any excitement (maybe that will come later?) and could literally cry about it if I thought about it much. I'm just gonna go with the flow and see what happens.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I hope I haven't contributed to that feeling. I admit, I don't understand how 'the other side' sees things, but I genuinely like most people on here and hate none.

I confess I was presented with a wonderful job opportunity today, and I'm going to see where it leads me, but it makes me sad. I really like my little routine and don't feel any ambition to change things. Not even for more money or higher job title. I don't feel any excitement (maybe that will come later?) and could literally cry about it if I thought about it much. I'm just gonna go with the flow and see what happens.
    You are totally fine, dear

And yay for something different! I would definitely see where it takes you - you never know, it might end up exciting you! A little change is always good too
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

I don't even look at debate threads anymore. I know they'll just frustrate me.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I don't even look at debate threads anymore. I know they'll just frustrate me.
    Probably a good philosophy

Sarah, I know this is gonna sound funny.. but every time I see you post, I start singing ABBA's "Mamma Mia." I tend to associate names with songs if the titles are the same or if they were around when a certain song played.

A friend of mine knows this girl named Rosanna, and every time she replies to a post on FB, I always go "Meet you all the way.. Rosanna, yeah!"

Sarah, I know this is gonna sound funny.. but every time I see you post, I start singing ABBA's "Mamma Mia." I tend to associate names with songs if the titles are the same or if they were around when a certain song played.

A friend of mine knows this girl named Rosanna, and every time she replies to a post on FB, I always go "Meet you all the way.. Rosanna, yeah!"
    LOL. I chose the name because it's so cringe-worthy. I stopped getting the song in my head a while ago, thankfully.

I love that song 'Rosanna' btw.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Sarah, I guess you missed my post a few days ago asking if you were affected by the volcano, but I'm glad to see you posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Sarah, I guess you missed my post a few days ago asking if you were affected by the volcano, but I'm glad to see you posting!
    Sorry, I totally missed that! Yes, we're just fine. It's quite far away from us, and the village nearby was evacuated in time. I do have one friend who is stranded overseas because they aren't allowing flights at the moment.

I confess that I'm ready for tomorrow to be over already.

And yes, this place can be a snipe-fest sometimes. I contribute to it myself sometimes, but mostly, I remember that this is an online forum. It's for support, and sometimes we'll vent and have our differences. But you really can't take the crap too seriously.

shutterbird Guest

Good luck tomorrow!

Good luck, Stacy! Let us know how it goes!

What time is your appt?

Good luck again Stacy! How long do you have to wait to get results?

I confess I was reading a ton of posts in this thread that I didn't recognize and I thought they were all new. Then I realized I was on page 3 for some reason. LOL
    I confess I am typing from my new laptop...it rocks...

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess I was reading a ton of posts in this thread that I didn't recognize and I thought they were all new. Then I realized I was on page 3 for some reason. LOL
    Bwahahaha that made me giggle!!

I confess I am excited to go into work and snag a copy of The Blind Side today..

Yay for new laptops!!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post

I confess that I have a job interview tomorrow...yay!

19. Default

Exciting! Another day care or something different?

Ooh, good luck!

OH MY GOD!

DH just won first place in a competition (a computer programming thing). The prize money is about $2.500!

22. Default

WTG!! Congrats!

I confess that it just hit me like a ton of bricks this morning...only 6 more weeks until I hit 40 weeks.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

That's probably my issue. I can't help but read it, but then it makes me so upset because it's all one-sided, and then it turns into more drama than I had seen in high school!

I'm way too sensitive about so much lately.. or maybe just all the time? lol
    I am like Lydia and can't really put people on ignore either though I did it once in three years!

I think that the problem is that being online, people are often more outspoken than they are in IRL.
    I know that I have a big mouth with people I know really well..basically a few friends and family. But at work, people don't know and think I'm kinda quiet and shy. And I certainly don't start up things like this with people I don't know. There you talk about the weather or sports or something like AI. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

My sister is a Roxanne. Can't tell you how many times she has Roxanne, you don't have put out the red light.... LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Sarah congrats on the money and good luck today!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

ARGHHH!!!!

I just found out that I can't study the course I want through the Open University. For some reason that specific course isn't available to Iceland. I want to cry.

Trying not to panic. There are a few science courses I might be able to do.

The song Rosanna was ruined for me ever since I heard it was about Rosanna Arquette. LOL

Sorry about the course Sarah

I have never put anyone on ignore...even when I probably should have, LOL

Phew. I'm done. There's still someone alive in there! And the procedure went flawlessly, the doc and hospital were great. Results by next Friday!

(And p.s. For good or for bad, I have just as loud a mouth IRL as online. Just ask Lydia).

Glad it went well!