Page 306 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2062562963043053063073083163564068061306 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,180 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #9151
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,432

    Default

    Keeping you in my thoughts, Stash!

  2. #9152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess that I'm totally freaked about our CVS procedure (scheduled for Tuesday). Poor me moment - I have been through too much. I just want a normal pregnancy, a normal baby. If something is wrong and I have to abort, I will be very angry at the god that doesn't exist, dammit.
    I really want all that for you, Stacy. I'll be thinking of ya.

  3. #9153
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Stacy! I hope everything goes okay and that everything is normal!

  4. Default

    I confess this post secret card seriously hit home....

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_a7jkcMVp5V...eimportant.jpg

  5. #9155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess this post secret card seriously hit home....

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_a7jkcMVp5V...eimportant.jpg
    That makes me so sad. Some people are such bigs. You and your girls deserve so much better.

  6. #9156
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess that I'm totally freaked about our CVS procedure (scheduled for Tuesday). Poor me moment - I have been through too much. I just want a normal pregnancy, a normal baby. If something is wrong and I have to abort, I will be very angry at the god that doesn't exist, dammit.
    I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you!

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess this post secret card seriously hit home....

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_a7jkcMVp5V...eimportant.jpg
    I'm proud of you.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  7. #9157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess this post secret card seriously hit home....

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_a7jkcMVp5V...eimportant.jpg

    Seriously thought the girls have gotten so big.
    PS. I got a new phone. My old phone ate all my #'s can you send yours again ma'am?
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

  8. #9158
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,850

    Default

    I'm back from Orlando (if anyone noticed I was gone!) The resort was nice and the weather was perfect (until we got to the airport and then I didn't care) but it was way too short. It's nice to have DH home again for a few weeks.

    The bad part was sitting through all the talks about deployment. It was suggested to the group at large that if we are EVER considering having children, we bank his sperm before he goes. That really cheered me up.

    The other bad part was that we have put out so much money on getting him and me to Florida on short notice we didn't have any money to do anything fun like go to Disney in the evening while we were there. I think we're going to get mileage which should be pretty nice coming from AZ at $0.50/mile round trip for two, but it had better hurry up and get here because we REALLY need it. Particularly if we're going to bank his sperm.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  9. #9159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I'm back from Orlando (if anyone noticed I was gone!) The resort was nice and the weather was perfect (until we got to the airport and then I didn't care) but it was way too short. It's nice to have DH home again for a few weeks.

    The bad part was sitting through all the talks about deployment. It was suggested to the group at large that if we are EVER considering having children, we bank his sperm before he goes. That really cheered me up.

    The other bad part was that we have put out so much money on getting him and me to Florida on short notice we didn't have any money to do anything fun like go to Disney in the evening while we were there. I think we're going to get mileage which should be pretty nice coming from AZ at $0.50/mile round trip for two, but it had better hurry up and get here because we REALLY need it. Particularly if we're going to bank his sperm.
    I'm glad the weather treated you well while you were there! I'm sorry you had to have that sort of conversation. I can't imagine that would be very fun, especially with the way they were putting it. I might have missed this part, but what exactly was the trip for? Is it a definite he will be doing a deployment?
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  10. #9160

    Default

    I confess I just finished my college application. I am so nervous, and afraid I will have gone through all this for nothing, but Wednesday I will be requesting an admissions interview, and I've done my research on the college, so I'm ready. I hope.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  11. #9161
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    I'm glad the weather treated you well while you were there! I'm sorry you had to have that sort of conversation. I can't imagine that would be very fun, especially with the way they were putting it. I might have missed this part, but what exactly was the trip for? Is it a definite he will be doing a deployment?
    Yes, he is mobilizing 1 May to deploy to Afghanistan in late summer. He is with a Special Forces unit. The trip was to attend a "Yellow Ribbon" program to prepare families to deal with deployment.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  12. #9162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Yes, he is mobilizing 1 May to deploy to Afghanistan in late summer. He is with a Special Forces unit. The trip was to attend a "Yellow Ribbon" program to prepare families to deal with deployment.
    Might be my own opinion, but I'm not sure a family can ever be able to prepare for a deployment.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  13. #9163
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    Might be my own opinion, but I'm not sure a family can ever be able to prepare for a deployment.
    Have to agree with you on that one! I'm certainly not prepared for it!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  14. #9164
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Yes, he is mobilizing 1 May to deploy to Afghanistan in late summer. He is with a Special Forces unit. The trip was to attend a "Yellow Ribbon" program to prepare families to deal with deployment.
    I can't even imagine. Huge hugs to you...I hope the time flies by!


  15. #9165
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess this post secret card seriously hit home....

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_a7jkcMVp5V...eimportant.jpg
    That breaks my heart

    Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    Might be my own opinion, but I'm not sure a family can ever be able to prepare for a deployment.
    I was going to post the same thing. I hope time moves along quickly for you while he's gone.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  16. #9166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess that I'm totally freaked about our CVS procedure (scheduled for Tuesday). Poor me moment - I have been through too much. I just want a normal pregnancy, a normal baby. If something is wrong and I have to abort, I will be very angry at the god that doesn't exist, dammit.
    What is the CVS procedure? Is it just a blood test at this point?
    I am crossing everything for stellar results from the test
    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess this post secret card seriously hit home....

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_a7jkcMVp5V...eimportant.jpg
    Ashley, hopefully you will be well past being hurt by the son of a belly crawling snake before before your girls understand their reality.
    Then you can just tell them that their daddy wasn't mentally mature enough to look after children and that it isn't their fault
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

  17. #9167
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    I confess that I'm EXCITED. I may have figured out a solution to my academic woes. I'm not currently eligible to apply for any of the subjects I'm interested in at university. However, I've discovered that if I get 60 credits online through the British Open University, then I can apply for whatever I want next year.

    If things go according to plan then I'm going to start a degree in psychology. I might switch to another subject, but it relates to all the other areas I'm interested in so it's a good place to start.

    I'm sure no one cares, but I'm excited and just had to tell someone.


  18. #9168
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    That IS exciting! You've found a solution to a possible road block...nothing is going to stand in your way and you should be proud of that.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  19. #9169

    Default

    *smacks Sarah upside the head*
    How could you possibly imagine we wouldn't be excited for someone we *know* improving themselves in any which way?
    Silly...

    Good luck with furthering your education! Sixty credits sounds like a lot of work! Get off of APA woman!!!

    (Betcha didn't consider the fact that you are talking about education with a bunch of over-achieving mommys, huh?)
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

  20. #9170
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    Aww, thanks guys. I never thought I would be able to study what I wanted to study. I'll be thrilled if I can make this all work out! Now I just need some money to pay for it. ;)


  21. #9171
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,850

    Default

    Sarah, that's very exciting about school. I hope it works out for you.

    Thanks to all of you for the support. I really do appreciate it.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  22. #9172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I'm EXCITED. I may have figured out a solution to my academic woes. I'm not currently eligible to apply for any of the subjects I'm interested in at university. However, I've discovered that if I get 60 credits online through the British Open University, then I can apply for whatever I want next year.

    If things go according to plan then I'm going to start a degree in psychology. I might switch to another subject, but it relates to all the other areas I'm interested in so it's a good place to start.

    I'm sure no one cares, but I'm excited and just had to tell someone.
    That is SO exciting!! And psychology is very interesting. I am very happy for you!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  23. Default

    I confess love mornings in this house!

    First-

    Audri (talking to my mom) : MILK! (which sounds more like moi - k)
    Grandma : You want milk? What else do you want for breakfast?
    Audri : MILK!
    Grandma : You want toast?
    Audri : No!
    Grandma : Do you want eggs?
    Audri : NO!
    Grandma : Do you want a knuckle-sandwich?
    Audri : Sure!

    Then Charlie was spending some time in the exersaucer while my mom and I tried to do some cleaning... Audrianna was standing next to her, just jabbering away, and at one point starts to raise her voice.. She's pointing and shaking her arm, and yelling almost what sounded like "Get up!" or "Sit up!" Charlie thought it was hilarious and started laughing at her, which made Audri talk even louder!

    She's already the bossy big sister!

  24. #9174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess love mornings in this house!

    First-

    Audri (talking to my mom) : MILK! (which sounds more like moi - k)
    Grandma : You want milk? What else do you want for breakfast?
    Audri : MILK!
    Grandma : You want toast?
    Audri : No!
    Grandma : Do you want eggs?
    Audri : NO!
    Grandma : Do you want a knuckle-sandwich?
    Audri : Sure!


    Then Charlie was spending some time in the exersaucer while my mom and I tried to do some cleaning... Audrianna was standing next to her, just jabbering away, and at one point starts to raise her voice.. She's pointing and shaking her arm, and yelling almost what sounded like "Get up!" or "Sit up!" Charlie thought it was hilarious and started laughing at her, which made Audri talk even louder!

    She's already the bossy big sister!
    I love it! Your girls are adorable. I love kids at this age.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  25. #9175

    Default

    I confess that I am so incredibly sad about certain aspects of this forum. I get we all have our own opinions.. but the pettiness and the bashing.. it really makes me want to delete my account. When I first came here, we were all supportive and most of the time, agreed to disagree. But now, everyone is constantly b*tching about the "who?" and the "what?" and the "she said, she said," and it just makes me so upset and heartbroken. I really love you ladies, and to be honest, ya'll are my friends and you give me a place to go when I need to talk.. but I'm just feeling like all of that is going away, all because we have a difference in opinion..
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  26. #9176
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    I confess that I am so incredibly sad about certain aspects of this forum. I get we all have our own opinions.. but the pettiness and the bashing.. it really makes me want to delete my account. When I first came here, we were all supportive and most of the time, agreed to disagree. But now, everyone is constantly b*tching about the "who?" and the "what?" and the "she said, she said," and it just makes me so upset and heartbroken. I really love you ladies, and to be honest, ya'll are my friends and you give me a place to go when I need to talk.. but I'm just feeling like all of that is going away, all because we have a difference in opinion..
    Eh it comes and goes that way sometimes in here. People aren't always going to get along and like everyone. But I know that I love this room.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  27. #9177
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    LYDIA! I was going to PM you, but you check in here... Remember that thread about the kindle lights? I was in the $ store this weekend and found a cheapie clip-on LED light. Works perfectly, and only a buck! Once it conks out (probably soon), I'll be getting a normal light... but it works fine!
    Last edited by shutterbird; 03-22-2010 at 04:07 PM.

  28. #9178
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    I confess that I am so incredibly sad about certain aspects of this forum. I get we all have our own opinions.. but the pettiness and the bashing.. it really makes me want to delete my account. When I first came here, we were all supportive and most of the time, agreed to disagree. But now, everyone is constantly b*tching about the "who?" and the "what?" and the "she said, she said," and it just makes me so upset and heartbroken. I really love you ladies, and to be honest, ya'll are my friends and you give me a place to go when I need to talk.. but I'm just feeling like all of that is going away, all because we have a difference in opinion..
    People will get up in arms about everything; don't take it personal. We all know each other a little better in here, so tend to be a bit more supportive in here.

  29. #9179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    People will get up in arms about everything; don't take it personal. We all know each other a little better in here, so tend to be a bit more supportive in here.
    Yeah.. maybe AF is coming.. I'm more emotional than normal, heh.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

  30. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    I confess that I am so incredibly sad about certain aspects of this forum. I get we all have our own opinions.. but the pettiness and the bashing.. it really makes me want to delete my account. When I first came here, we were all supportive and most of the time, agreed to disagree. But now, everyone is constantly b*tching about the "who?" and the "what?" and the "she said, she said," and it just makes me so upset and heartbroken. I really love you ladies, and to be honest, ya'll are my friends and you give me a place to go when I need to talk.. but I'm just feeling like all of that is going away, all because we have a difference in opinion..
    I confess I totally miss all that kinda stuff and get all confused when someone DOES delete their account, because I pretty much stick to secular and the random confessions thread...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •