Page 303 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2032532933013023033043053133534038031303 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,090 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that my dad just called me in tears. They are almost sure that my mom is going to stop treatment. It isn't working. Now it is all about managing her pain. I had been making plans for my brother's and I to spend a weekend with them next month, just the five of us. Now I wonder if next month is too far away.
    I am beside myself with worry and fear right now. I seriously feel like a walking zombie.
    I'm so sorry, Bridget. You must be devastated.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

shutterbird Guest

I confess that my dad just called me in tears. They are almost sure that my mom is going to stop treatment. It isn't working. Now it is all about managing her pain. I had been making plans for my brother's and I to spend a weekend with them next month, just the five of us. Now I wonder if next month is too far away.
    I am beside myself with worry and fear right now. I seriously feel like a walking zombie.

Oh no, I'm so sorry.

Sorry to hear that, Bridget.

I'm sorry Bridget.

6. Default

Big hugs Bridget! I can only try to imagine the fear, and hurt you are feeling!

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I am so sorry, Bridget.

I'm sorry Bridget

Oh Bridget. There are no words.

Oh Bridget, I'm so sorry you and your family is having to go through this.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thank you so much my dear ladies. I really do value your support. And I am sorry to come here bringing sadness all of the time, but thankful that I can.

Bridget I'm so sorry.

My mom had her biopsy today. The person who did the procedure said that the 'things' were moving around, which is a good sign. Mom couldn't remember what they were, and I haven't been privy to any of the discussions with her dr. She'll know for sure Monday.

I received a letter that Bobbie has been invited to the Global Young Leaders Conference. I've done a Google search and it seems impressive...but I'm a skeptic. Has anyone heard of this program? Is it legit?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I'm so sorry to read this Bridget. I think of your mom everyday.
    Formerly villagespin

14. Default

I confess we finally got another copy of the newest post secret book in at work today, and instead of working on my paper at lunch, I sat on the couch and read!

Bridget, I am so sorry.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess we finally got another copy of the newest post secret book in at work today, and instead of working on my paper at lunch, I sat on the couch and read!
    Yay for post secret! I am always looking inside books to see if anyone left a secret. I never find any
    I confess I'm really excited! I'm going to take a creative writing class online next month. I want to polish up my writing and then try doing a blog.
    Also, DH and I bought laptops today. When we get the wireless hooked up I won't have to disappear to the office when I want to check something and I can sit next to DH while he's watching one of his craptacular animes and still keep myself entertained. (sorry to any anime fans...I am just not into it)

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Yay for post secret! I am always looking inside books to see if anyone left a secret. I never find any
    I confess I'm really excited! I'm going to take a creative writing class online next month. I want to polish up my writing and then try doing a blog.
    Also, DH and I bought laptops today. When we get the wireless hooked up I won't have to disappear to the office when I want to check something and I can sit next to DH while he's watching one of his craptacular animes and still keep myself entertained. (sorry to any anime fans...I am just not into it)
    Yay for creative writing!! That sounds like a lot of fun!

No worries on the anime.. I tried to get into it myself (my ex was hugely into it) but it just.. I dunno, I just couldn't really identify with it.

I confess I have had a headache for four days.. and had some coffee today and it went away finally.. guess that's what I get for having no caffeine for four days!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

I'm sorry Bridget. You know how hard I am pulling for your mom and I think about you guys all the time! And my offer will always stand.

So sorry to hear about your mom Bridget. I hope you are able to go and stay with your parents sooner rather than later so you can all spend some time together.

Erin

I confess tomorrow afternoon I'm flying to Orlando to meet DH and go to his "yellow ribbon" meeting for the National Guard. It's a big pre-deployment information thing, but the good news is we are staying in one of the Disney hotels and at least we're having a mini vacation and I get to see him. The bad news is AF is here. I'm kind of not excited about going but still excited at the same time.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess tomorrow afternoon I'm flying to Orlando to meet DH and go to his "yellow ribbon" meeting for the National Guard. It's a big pre-deployment information thing, but the good news is we are staying in one of the Disney hotels and at least we're having a mini vacation and I get to see him. The bad news is AF is here. I'm kind of not excited about going but still excited at the same time.

How great! Boo on AF though! But on the plus...our weather is going to be FANTASTIC this weekend!! The highs this weekend are in the mid-upper 70's!!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    That sounds awesome!
    I confess that I may have overreacted at something dbd did yesterday. At least he says I did. I called him early in the day to ask him to be home at the time I finished work so that I could go for a run. Well, he was home but had a woman coming over to look at our saltwater fishtank for the possibility of having him set one up for her. He assured me he could watch the kids, they'd all be in the living room...
    So I just run across the street in the huge vacant field. I even took Savana and Kai with me over there at first and that gave dbf about 30 minutes alone with this woman and her two boys who were about 10-14 (?). I then brought them back to the house and told dbf I was going out again if that was ok and he said yes.
    Well from across the street I see dbf come out of the house with the woman and go around to the back yard. I don't see Savana and Kai but I give him the benefit of the doubt for about 5 minutes until I can't take it anymore and I run back to the house, which takes me about 2 minutes. As I'm coming up the driveway and I can see both of my darlings in the front door window, crying. Then dbf comes around the side of the house and I say to him, even though I know, "where are the kids?"
    He actually glances around the front yard before his eyes land on the door and he says, "In the house".
    I went off. He didn't know where they were! He tells me the woman's 2 sons ran out the front door and to the back yard. "There's a lake back there! What was I supposed to do?!"
    Take care of YOUR kids while she takes care of hers! I mean, I could see if they were 3 year olds or something and there was possibility of them running down all three yard levels and hurling themselves into the lake but these kids were older.
    Our kids were standing in the door crying because he just left without saying anything to them so they were scared. I'm so upset because I so rarely ask him to watch the kids so I can do something. I think what he did was so irresponsible and wrong.

I think just the mere fact that your kids were scared and crying is enough to go off on him.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I think just the mere fact that your kids were scared and crying is enough to go off on him.
    I know. And he was aplogetic to them but to me he just kept trying to justify it.
    He is supposed to take Savana to see him mom in Canada next month and we are having a really serious talk before that happens. I am going to be sick with worry while they are gone.
    It's part of the reason I cannot imagine leaving him. What would happen on his weekends with the kids? This is not the first time that something of this nature has happened. If it was an isolated incident, I'd probably not have made such a big deal about it.

Oh hell no Bridget! That is inexcusable. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that crap on top of everything else you're going through. Poor Kai and Savana.

I confess that the lady from my job interview just called. She said that they weren't going to hire me at the moment (which I was expecting), but that she really liked me and would love to have me come and work there when another position opens up. She said she was going to keep my application and call me next time.

So that's something at least.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Oh Bridget, you have every RIGHT to be angry and you did NOT overreact. He is such a bugger.

I would've been pissed. Especially if my babies were scared and crying.

I confess last night while in bed i said

"please god let lucea feel better tomarow"

my husband laughed at me...im willing to say/do anything at this point i cant take another sick day