Page 302 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2022522923003013023033043123524028021302 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,060 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I just went out to a pub quiz with a friend. We ended up on a team with this guy (who I'll call Jon) that I could have sworn I knew from somewhere, but I wasn't sure where. I could tell from the way he was looking at me that he was thinking the same thing, though neither of us brought it up.

When I got home I looked him up on Facebook, and it turns out he's friends with this guy who went crazy and stalked me a few years ago. I really hope Jon doesn't tell his friend he met me, or that I have a daughter. Dammit, I even told him the street I live in! I feel nauseas just thinking about it.
    That's scary! I hope he doesn't say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Another picture I ran across on my Photobucket today.

I love it!!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Oh my goodness Bridget! I hate situations like that!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Where Jesus really went. Where Jesus really went. Right, there are people who still believe in the tooth fairy until the day they die, I forgot about that.

Where Jesus really went... that kills me...

shutterbird Guest

Oh man, Sarah! I really hope he doesn't say anything. That's just scary.

One would hope that this guy would realize that his friend was crazy and won't mention it. I'm worried for you and hope that they guy doesn't put 2 and 2 together.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    That's what I have always hated about most Disney movies. There is always someone dying in them - usually the mother. I love Disney, I do have a fondness for a lot of the characters - Tinkerbell all the way!! - but why is it that a lot of the storylines have to be so depressing?? I get that they wanna put a lot of inside adult jokes that will be understood by the parents since they are most likely bringing their kids to see it, but what is with all the sadness?

I'm off the soapbox now.
    I am okay with tinkerbell because there's no waiting on a prince and no dead parents.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

shutterbird Guest

Mulan!

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I am okay with tinkerbell because there's no waiting on a prince and no dead parents.
    hehe Exactly. The only thing she did really was pull Wendy's hair when she kissed Peter. I just say she was fighting for her man
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Mulan!
    That's actually one of the few Disney movies I haven't seen. I need to rent that.

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    That's actually one of the few Disney movies I haven't seen. I need to rent that.
    Awesome movie about a young girl who takes her father's place in a war (secretly - hides her boobs, cuts and pulls her hair back, etc) and totally kicks butt.

shutterbird Guest

I confess that it's a **** shame I can't post a picture of Lore and I that I got this weekend because I look too fat in it. Sigh.

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess that it's a **** shame I can't post a picture of Lore and I that I got this weekend because I look too fat in it. Sigh.
    Get practicing on those Photoshop skills! Haven't you seen what they do to models? I confess I will sometimes shop blemishes or wrinkles out of my pictures.

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Get practicing on those Photoshop skills! Haven't you seen what they do to models? I confess I will sometimes shop blemishes or wrinkles out of my pictures.
    Oh, I know how to do all of that... Not really the point, though. I hate feeling like crap about myself. I just need to find the motivation to do something about it.

Actually, I guess that was the point. Ignore me... I need sleep!
    Last edited by shutterbird; 03-16-2010 at 11:19 PM.

Oh man, Sarah! I really hope he doesn't say anything. That's just scary.
    I really hope so too. This Jon guy was actually really nice, but he doesn't know how insane his friend acted. My stomach is still in knots over it. I can only hope that psycho stalker guy is over it by now.

Aww, I hate that you feel that way. I think you're really pretty.

ETA: Not to imply that you're prettiness was in any doubt. I just mean that you look good, whatever you weigh.
    Last edited by MammaMia; 03-17-2010 at 08:54 AM.

Oh, I know how to do all of that... Not really the point, though. I hate feeling like crap about myself. I just need to find the motivation to do something about it.

Actually, I guess that was the point. Ignore me... I need sleep!

Aw dude, don't feel like crap. DO something. I know that when I feel like a hog, one week of a good diet and exercise and I feel loads better. For me, it's often just five pounds (even if I have 20 to lose) and I feel great again.

Of course, now I'm a total load and I can't do anything about it, so I'm simply refusing to allow anyone to weigh me until 6w postpartum. SERIOUS, about that, too

I go through phases where I feel like I look like those "people of walmart" chics that wear too little clothing and have too much body to share Then I go through phases where I feel thinner. I always feel thinner when I exercise regularly, even though my weight only varies by about 7 lbs.

18. Default

I confess I have had this same reoccurring horrid dream since I was about 16. I had it again last night, and woke up totally stressed.

I really hate it because I have noticed that as I age, the dream advances with me... (like, Audrianna and Charlie were in it this time)

Awesome movie about a young girl who takes her father's place in a war (secretly - hides her boobs, cuts and pulls her hair back, etc) and totally kicks butt.
    I remember hearing about that. I also remember the song that Christina Aguilera sang for it when no one knew who she was I sang that song for a talent show one year.

I know Mulan mainly from Kingdom Hearts 2.. I love those games. They usually get the main actors to do the voices for the game, and I love all the Disney movies they use. Good times

I have to vomit at this guy's FB statuses. So he was an alcoholic and went to rehab. In there, he found Jesus. That's cool and all, but he's turning in to this extremist. It's like he replaced one addiction with another, right? And his FB statuses now are all "God has a plan for your life" "On fire for God" and other things like that.

If you are down with Jesus for a better life, that's really cool. But for anyone to be extreme in anything, not cool.

In my experience, that seems to happen a lot with people who recover from addiction. I saw it all the time when I worked at the alcohol & drug clinic.

I think it has something to do with minor insanity, and the twelve step program. More the former than the latter

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I have to vomit at this guy's FB statuses. So he was an alcoholic and went to rehab. In there, he found Jesus. That's cool and all, but he's turning in to this extremist. It's like he replaced one addiction with another, right? And his FB statuses now are all "God has a plan for your life" "On fire for God" and other things like that.

If you are down with Jesus for a better life, that's really cool. But for anyone to be extreme in anything, not cool.
    There's someone I know on FB who's like that. She didn't have an addiction or anything, but she's all about posting Bible quotes and talking about how God is good and blah blah blah. But she's completely delusional. She has so many problems in her life and won't admit them or that she needs to fix them. And she has 5 children. 5. None of them were planned. 7 year old, 4 year old, and 3 year old triplets. All girls.

24. Default

I confess we have been working really hard with Audrianna on "please" and "thank you".

Earlier she kept saying "UP!" so I said "up what?" She refused to say please so we went back and forth with "UP!"/ "up what?"

Finally my mom said "Pretty soon she's gonna come out with "Up yours!"

I think you hit the nail on the head with replacing one addiction with another.

I understand a have a lot of "holy rollers" as I call them as friends on FB. The ones who are recovering addicts though, they eventually calm down after a few years in my experience. My dad and mom both went through it and even though they are still devout Christians they aren't always spewing everything that God has done for them. My mom does on occasion but not as much as she used to and not with as much vigor. They both even listen to "secular" music again which if you knew what they were like 10 years ago you would never believe. I do think they replace one addiction with another, but even though I don't believe what they believe I would rather them be a holy roller than doing drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess we have been working really hard with Audrianna on "please" and "thank you".

Earlier she kept saying "UP!" so I said "up what?" She refused to say please so we went back and forth with "UP!"/ "up what?"

Finally my mom said "Pretty soon she's gonna come out with "Up yours!"
    LOL, that is cute!!! Elle says please and thank you, but I never ask her to because she gets fixated on things I ask her to do and will either not do them or do them so much that it gets on my nerves, so when she picked up please and thank you, I didn't really say anything about thinking it would keep her saying them, which it did, and also it would keep her from screaming them all the time over and over. We made a big deal about her learning to say Ky's name and now she just screams "KY KY" all the time and especially when he's not here to respond, she learned his name 3 months ago.

Erin

I agree one addiction for another and and I swear you must all be talking about my MIL and SIL with the religious Fb quotes. Yikes. The entire month of November with Thanksgiving and "each day post what you're thankful for" was nothing but a serious of bible verses and "on fire for god" type things.

I kept waiting for her to ask me why I hadn't thanked god a single day.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess that I'm annoyed with myself. I need a kick in the butt.

I confess that my dad just called me in tears. They are almost sure that my mom is going to stop treatment. It isn't working. Now it is all about managing her pain. I had been making plans for my brother's and I to spend a weekend with them next month, just the five of us. Now I wonder if next month is too far away.
    I am beside myself with worry and fear right now. I seriously feel like a walking zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that my dad just called me in tears. They are almost sure that my mom is going to stop treatment. It isn't working. Now it is all about managing her pain. I had been making plans for my brother's and I to spend a weekend with them next month, just the five of us. Now I wonder if next month is too far away.
    I am beside myself with worry and fear right now. I seriously feel like a walking zombie.
    Bridget. I'm so sorry.