Page 298 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1982482882962972982993003083483987981298 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,940 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

My father died 12 years ago and I still get choked up about him. It's okay, though. It feels kind of like a "visit" from him.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that yesterday was 5 years since my father died. I'm still heartbroken about it.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I would kill for smaller boobs.
    Mine are so big they have tidal action! Before getting pg, I was a 34 C (a bit too big). After pg, as of last year, I was a 34 FFF. Awful! They get in the way and I always feel like I look so sloppy, especially in a sleeveless outfit. Like I should be the old lady in the background on "Cops".

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Mine are so big they have tidal action!
    Do they get perkier when the moon is full?

I really like mine the way they are now, while pregnant. I can tell you, though, they do NOT make my waistline look smaller.

My father died 12 years ago and I still get choked up about him. It's okay, though. It feels kind of like a "visit" from him.
    Thanks, and hugs to you too. Even years later, when the grief hits, it's overwhelming.

Mine are so big they have tidal action! Before getting pg, I was a 34 C (a bit too big). After pg, as of last year, I was a 34 FFF. Awful! They get in the way and I always feel like I look so sloppy, especially in a sleeveless outfit. Like I should be the old lady in the background on "Cops".
    Mine have been all over the place - D cup before pregnancy, size F-ing ginormous in the early days of breastfeeding (DH bought me an E-cup bra and it was too small!). Now I'm finally shrinking back to a C. I think they'll be even smaller once I've weaned.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Well, I fought really hard to have Conner naturally and one of the arguments I used with the Dr was that a c-section was unnecessary surgery. It's not lost on me how a BA would be unnecessary surgery as well, but I'm willing to do it.
    Eh doesn't matter. Nothing wrong with contrary opinions. I have a number of them myself.

And I would say that a c-section is a much more major surgery than a BA. Anytime you cut through all that muscle and have that huge a scar...that is what makes it so much more of a major surgery. I was able to have just five tiny incisions for the gastric bypass...had they done it open, recovery would have been so much worse just because of the size of the incision and the muscles being cut through.

Do you have to stay overnight?

As for me, I'm not into plastic surgery and not really big on elective surgery. yet I was more than willing to do the gastric bypass...and while that really benefited my health it was still a major elective surgery.

I really think that anyone should just do whatever will make them happen and as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, it's not their business.

Just don't go too big...I'm not perky but have DD's and they are NOT light or easy on the back.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess I need to stay off the internet when I'm drinking.
    Umm yes. I was told no drunk APAing a few months ago! LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess....I'm SOOO excited to have been able to have my windows open today and while still some snow on the ground, it's quickly going away. We hit the first 60 degree day of the year!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Umm yes. I was told no drunk APAing a few months ago! LOL
    And you've done sooooo well.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I also confess that DH and I were looking to watching something and I picked a movie on Demand....Whatever Works. And we both REALLY liked it. Probably one of the more interesting movies we have seen in a while.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    And you've done sooooo well.
    Ha, yeah I realized that I was just drinking too much and not only is it expensive but I was having a couple every night....and kept needing more to get buzzed. Not good for weight, not good for money and not good for me on APA!
    So for the most part I'm not keeping alcohol in the house anymore. If out to eat, i might get something there since DH drives (he's NEVER been buzzed or drunk...he likes Mikes and I don't). I like brandy, rum and wine.

Good news is grocery trips are a bit cheaper and I'm down 4.6 pounds this past week (have been doing a lot more veggies and some exercise a few times a week...I'm a couch potato so doing 10-20 minutes is about it for now!).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Ha, yeah I realized that I was just drinking too much and not only is it expensive but I was having a couple every night....and kept needing more to get buzzed. Not good for weight, not good for money and not good for me on APA!
    So for the most part I'm not keeping alcohol in the house anymore. If out to eat, i might get something there since DH drives (he's NEVER been buzzed or drunk...he likes Mikes and I don't). I like brandy, rum and wine.

Good news is grocery trips are a bit cheaper and I'm down 4.6 pounds this past week (have been doing a lot more veggies and some exercise a few times a week...I'm a couch potato so doing 10-20 minutes is about it for now!).
    When it comes to me and Jimi drinking, it's SUPER expensive.

I'm talking go to the bar and drop $200-$300 in one night expensive.

I even started out at home sometimes but then I get bored and end up at the bar anyway lol

I even started out at home sometimes but then I get bored and end up at the bar anyway lol
    OMG! I have only really drank at a bar once in my life. I started dating DH when I was only 19 and he doesn't really drink because his dad is an alcoholic...DH really only does Mikes or maybe like one mixed drink at home (the fruity girly kinds LOL) or one glass of wine at home.

I thought it was bad to spend $20-40 a week at the grocery store......

We really are kind of boring like that...not much partying going on and not much drinking (except for my being bad the second half of 2009!). maybe that is why people think that we are mormon? LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

OMG! I have only really drank at a bar once in my life. I started dating DH when I was only 19 and he doesn't really drink because his dad is an alcoholic...DH really only does Mikes or maybe like one mixed drink at home (the fruity girly kinds LOL) or one glass of wine at home.

I thought it was bad to spend $20-40 a week at the grocery store......

We really are kind of boring like that...not much partying going on and not much drinking (except for my being bad the second half of 2009!). maybe that is why people think that we are mormon? LOL
    I going to the bar. LOL, I like hanging out with people and meeting new ones while drinking. Even if I am having a party at my house, or even someone elses, before too long we're all like "Yep, it's karaoke time!" Every once in a while it was a dance club but usually it was the karaoke bar. I'm definitely not the stay at home and drink type.

It's all about the Coors Light and Tuacabombs for me.

Mine are so big they have tidal action!
    Too Funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I really like mine the way they are now, while pregnant. I can tell you, though, they do NOT make my waistline look smaller.

Don't you dare make a silly vow like that on my account! I am still laughin today LOLOL
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Wait, what did you do?

I going to the bar. LOL, I like hanging out with people and meeting new ones while drinking. Even if I am having a party at my house, or even someone elses, before too long we're all like "Yep, it's karaoke time!" Every once in a while it was a dance club but usually it was the karaoke bar. I'm definitely not the stay at home and drink type.

I love going to the bar too, though I haven't really been since before I got pregnant with Mia.

I'm such a cheap date now. I had 2 glasses of wine over 3-4 hours the other night, and I was so drunk that I was slurring.

I used to go out to the bars almost every night. I used to drink a lot. Now, even when I go out, I just have a couple. I have no desire to get drunk anymore. Being hungover is not worth it. But I did have a lot of fun going out back in the day. I don't regret it but I do know I did it out of boredom and lack of fullmillment. I have neither of those any longer.
    My mom has been in the hospital all weekend. Yesterday I couldn't even go see her because my dad kept calling and telling me to wait because she was sleeping and then it got to be evening and he said the dr's had to run some tests and such and it just wouldn't be a good time to come. We are hoping they can figure out her meds so she can home today.
    I confess that lately I feel tired all the time. I go to bed so early, like 9-10 and I still don't feel rested. I can drink coffee and still want nothing but to fall asleep. This is so unlike me.

I was just about to ask about your mom, Bridget. I hope she can come home today, and I hope she's feeling better.

I agree, Ashley.

I meant to say before, that's totally exciting Chrissy! What cup size are you aiming for? You have to post before & after pics.
    Large C, small D. I'm 5'8", so I should be able to carry D's without looking ridiculous.

On another topic, I need more of you secular ladies on my facebook!
    Are we friends on Facebook? Sometimes I don't match real names with APA names very well.

That's insane. The last time I went out, I brought 60 & came home with 40. It helped that 4-5 other people bought me drinks though.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I used to go out to the bars almost every night. I used to drink a lot. Now, even when I go out, I just have a couple. I have no desire to get drunk anymore. Being hungover is not worth it. But I did have a lot of fun going out back in the day. I don't regret it but I do know I did it out of boredom and lack of fullmillment. I have neither of those any longer.
    My mom has been in the hospital all weekend. Yesterday I couldn't even go see her because my dad kept calling and telling me to wait because she was sleeping and then it got to be evening and he said the dr's had to run some tests and such and it just wouldn't be a good time to come. We are hoping they can figure out her meds so she can home today.
    I confess that lately I feel tired all the time. I go to bed so early, like 9-10 and I still don't feel rested. I can drink coffee and still want nothing but to fall asleep. This is so unlike me.
    Oh Bridget. I'm sure it's natural to feel tired all the time now. You're under so much stress. I hope your mom can come home today.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

On another topic, I need more of you secular ladies on my facebook!
    I confess I have PM'd you my Fb contact info.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Beer is just icky and not sure what a tuacabomb is. It was really fun when I was more newly post-op and literally a few sips of wine would have me buzzed and stumbling around. (they bypassed the first 5 feet of small intestine so alcohol and sugar tends to hit me much faster). Sadly at this point my tolerance is up....but maybe without drinking daily it will come back down. I used to be a VERY cheap date. LOL

Going to a bar sounds like fun (I think that I'm always paranoid about how to get home or getting sick in public)...and I would have to be drunk to do karaoke in front of anyone other than family (Love to sing but totally suck...why I was in orchestra and not choir LOL). I LOVE playing Rock Band with my sister!

Can you believe that we have been living in our town for almost 3.5 years now and I know a few people I work with but not really anyone else....and I don't hang out with them after work.
    and my BFF lives in Minneapolis which is 90-120 minutes away and we just don't get out there often.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess I have a job interview tomorrow and I'm panicking a bit. I hate job interviews where I have to speak Icelandic. Arrgh!!! Someone calm me down!!

Good luck Sarah!!!

Good luck on your interview!! I'm sure you'll do just fine.

25. Default

I confess we went to Salt Lake yesterday to take my sister back to the airport. It was a LONG day (up at 5:15am - or 4:15 really... - then we got home at 2am) I fell asleep on the drive home, right after Park City, and woke up when we got home.... My mom said "Well, I only fell asleep 3 times.. Good thing there are rumble strips"

I confess that scares me that that didn't wake me up... Especially since the girls were in the truck with us.

Oh... and We had Olive Garden. It was sooooooo yummy!!!

Glad y'all made it home ok!!

Yikes!!! I have a friend who fell asleep driving and got into a crash. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Hey, I just looked up the website of the daycare I'm interviewing at, and I can see they have a few other foreigners working there. That makes me feel a bit better.

I confess that I have a freaking diaper rash. No kidding, and I have no idea what FROM other than pregnancy, but it's so uncomfy and I'm sitting here working feeling like a big baby. And I could never tell anyone but YOU guys.

Hey, I just looked up the website of the daycare I'm interviewing at, and I can see they have a few other foreigners working there. That makes me feel a bit better.
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine on your interview

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess that I have a freaking diaper rash. No kidding, and I have no idea what FROM other than pregnancy, but it's so uncomfy and I'm sitting here working feeling like a big baby. And I could never tell anyone but YOU guys.
    No fun at all. I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon!

I confess I am now worried about getting into college. I called UTA (University of Texas at Arlington) and asked them about my position as a transfer student. They said that I would be considered one since I finished a year of community college, but said they'd still need my HS transcripts if I don't have more than 24 transfer credits.. and I'm pretty sure I don't. I took 28 credits for the whole year, but one class I failed, one I had to drop, and one won't transfer because it was common to the community college - that one was FIVE credits! I didn't do badly in college; my first semester I had a 3.47 GPA, I just don't remember the second semester one, but in high school I was horrible. I'm afraid this is going to affect my chances of being accepted, whereas before I was so confident. I'm scared.

Tell me it's gonna be okay.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog