Page 295 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1952452852932942952962973053453957951295 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,850 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess I called in sick today. I just didn't want to go.

Everyone does that once in a while.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess...was super tired since I had to get to work at 6:45am for an early meeting (usually it's more like 8-8:30 that I get in!).

So now I confess that I have had a lot of coffee and am tired AND wired.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I wish I could hug you Bridget.

Steph, I love your picture!
    I confess I went back to the dentist for the first time in a couple years. I found out I have a cavity--my first ever, which is pretty amazing since I have avoided the dentist like the plague since becoming an adult. What is it like, getting a filling?
    Hooray for not-sick days, Mandy! LOL

Thanks.

I haven't been to the dentist since 2004. Oops.

You & Madelyn are adorable Steph!!

I confess I am quite sad now.
    Got at email from my mother. She thinks gram has had another stroke. I don't know what's going to happen. Mother can't keep trying to lift her and now gram helps even less. Mother has worsening scoliosis, and needs a knee replacement. When gram falls, she has to call the local fire dept to come the house to help get her back into her wheelchair or the bed.

I'm 250 miles from them and can't do a dam ned thing to help.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

(((hugs))) Bridget.

I haven't been to the dentist since I was pregnant with Conner (2006). I HATE missing work for stuff like that. I have sick time and my boss is cool, but it's a remnant from being raised by a factory worker who lost pay if he missed work. I've gotten better about actually going to work sick though...I hardly ever do that any more.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I am quite sad now.
    Got at email from my mother. She thinks gram has had another stroke. I don't know what's going to happen. Mother can't keep trying to lift her and now gram helps even less. Mother has worsening scoliosis, and needs a knee replacement. When gram falls, she has to call the local fire dept to come the house to help get her back into her wheelchair or the bed.

I'm 250 miles from them and can't do a dam ned thing to help.
    Can she get a home health aide to help?

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Can she get a home health aide to help?
    Mother works full time and has hired 2 "nurses" to care for gram while she's at work (they aren't actually nurses, but are a nice lesbian couple from a nearby Methodist church). Mother would not be able to afford professional care and both Medicare and AARP have cut off any sort of nursing home or rehab therapy care. That happened when gram was diagnosed with some sort of cognitive association disorder. Since that first stroke, she can no longer remember how to do anything in a series.

Example: She can tell you 6 x 7 = 42, or 7 x 8 = 56. But if you ask her to say her times tables by 7's, she can't. So she can't remember the steps to transition from wheelchair to walker to go to the bathroom. Feet under knees, put left hand on walker handle, put right hand on walker handle, lean forward and rock, push up to standing. She has to be reminded of the steps EVERY TIME, frequently forgetting to visually check her left hand and foot positions since feeling and control are limited.

I hate AARP. They suck the money out of my parent's accounts and don't do jack crap. They've cut off nursing care and therapy just like Medicare, and don't help at all with the hundreds of dollars of prescriptions gram takes daily.

That makes me so angry on your behalf. Something needs to be done about this state of health care. I'm so sorry.

I am so sorry Krista
    Dani (6) and Chris (4)

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Thank you Lydia.

Bridget, I'm so sorry. I wish I could transport myself to your house just to wrap my arms around you and give a big long hug.
    Well, right back at you.
    Sorry about your gram.

Sorry Krista

16. Default

(hugs) for Krista and Bridget!!

I confess -- I love Audrianna! lol.. She was sitting on my moms bed with her while I was in the bathroom shaving my legs...

I heard my mom start singing "If you're happy and you know it" except the verse that I sing to Audri as "Shout Hooray" my mom sings "Shout Amen"...

As soon as my mom started singing that part Audri started making noises like from the Excorsist,

It was hilarious!

Just popping in to say that I'm so sorry Bridget and Krista. These are such difficult things that you are dealing with.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

shutterbird Guest

I'm so sorry, Krista. Big hugs...

Ashley, I laughed out loud at your post. Haha!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Krista.

I attempted to take the twins to their first movie in a theater today, at the Baby Brigade matinee of Alice in Wonderland with Demigraf and her son. It worked for a little over an hour, but we'd already been in the car for almost two hours, and the twins started running around. I was willing to let them wander through the mostly empty aisles, but when DS headed up toward one exit door and DD went down the stairs toward another, I had to scoop them up and leave.

It was a nice day, though, so we went to two different parks and ran some errands.

I confess our washing machine is broken, and rather than spend the time in a laundromat, we've been taking our clothes to a laundry service that charges by the pound for wash and dry. It's actually not that much more expensive than doing it ourselves would be. Our new washing machine is on backorder, and I only have four pairs of underwear and three work outfits that fit my burgeoning shape.

20. Default

Oh Lydia! I love the new pics!! Clair is just beautiful, and Ronin's little grin! I can't wait to see pics of Soren... You and your DH make beautiful children!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Thank you! You should see the pouty face Ronin I didn't put in. It is so funny. Our second playground today was right next to some train tracks, and they were doing a major construction project on the tracks, so Ro got to see TRAINS AND CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT going back and forth on the tracks the whole time we were there. Every time one went behind a tree, he pouted, and every time a new one came by, he grinned.

Ah, what the heck:

I'm getting really excited now about meeting little Soren, too. I can't wait to see what he's like.

I love the new pics Lydia! There's something about Claire that reminds me of Mia. None of their individual features are similar though...maybe it's something in the face shape?

Which reminds me, it's been a billion years since I posted any pics.

I confess I love the new Lady Gaga & Beyonce video. So outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    (hugs) for Krista and Bridget!!

I confess -- I love Audrianna! lol.. She was sitting on my moms bed with her while I was in the bathroom shaving my legs...

I heard my mom start singing "If you're happy and you know it" except the verse that I sing to Audri as "Shout Hooray" my mom sings "Shout Amen"...

As soon as my mom started singing that part Audri started making noises like from the Excorsist,

It was hilarious!
    lmao! What a hoot!!

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I haven't seen the new video, but I love them both!!

Ooh, I must go see!

I confess that all this baking is making me chubby. I need to get a less fattening hobby.

I have to see it! I love them both too.

Lydia - The twins look so grown up in those pictures. I just love the pouting one.

Oh Bridget I'm so sorry. I hope this new chemo does the trick. My mama has horrible burns from her radiation.

Lydia, that shirt looks so great on Claire! And the pouty pic of Ro is awesome!

I can't believe I go back to work on Monday. BooHiss.

Lydia makes beautiful babies.

Sarah, I love baking but don't because I'll eat all of it. I guess it's a good thing I'll be working in a bakery soon.

Thank you all . . . .
    I sent my mother an email at work yesterday that simply said "I love you Mother".
    She thanked me and said she really just needed that.

Hmmm, maybe I'll make that a daily habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I'm getting really excited now about meeting little Soren, too. I can't wait to see what he's like.
    Hmmm, has a decision been made???