Page 294 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1942442842922932942952963043443947941294 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,820 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I never had dreams about my delivery or my children during my pregnancies. I had loads of dreams about smoking cigarettes. I never craved them during the day but I would always have dreams of myself taking exquisite drags off of a cigarette.
    lol.. I did too!!

    But I did have a dream while pregnant with Audri that she was a boy, and that she looked identical to MrsJS's Eammon

  2. #8792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I'm feeling really discouraged looking for a job at a daycare centre. I haven't seen a suitable position advertised in weeks. I don't know whether I should try to hold out a bit longer, or just get a job wherever until something better comes along.

    I just hate the idea of starting a job, knowing I'm not planning to stay.
    That is tough. So are you just looking at centers or have you considered being a nanny of sorts?

  3. #8793
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I never had dreams about my delivery or my children during my pregnancies. I had loads of dreams about smoking cigarettes. I never craved them during the day but I would always have dreams of myself taking exquisite drags off of a cigarette.
    That reminds me, I also had tons of smoking dreams while pregnant. Which wouldn't be weird, except for the fact that I was never a smoker.

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Lydia, I really don't care either way. On one hand I figure this is my last baby, it would be nice to be mom to a girl, too, in this lifetime. The other hand says I love being mom to a boy and wouldn't two sons be so fun? So no, no opinion really.

    I'm convinced that my dreams are biologically-based. My gender dreams always occur right at the same time, when the "boy genes" kick in and start changing the biological structure of the fetus. And with the other dreams, well, there's biological basis for those, too... DH has always been wrong about gender
    Are you planning find out the sex? (Before birth, that is )

    Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Stash, that's freaky about your dreams but I could see that hormones might be a factor. Now I'm really curious if you're having a boy.

    I confess I'm feeling depressed about DH being gone and I kind of picked a fight with him on the phone tonight. He sent me a very apologetic email now I feel bad about it. It was a rough day, including 20 minutes on the floor with a 9 year old who was wailing like an infant the whole time. Seriously, my co-worker told me later she thought there was a 6 month old baby in my office and came out to hear what was happening. She told me I was an excellent therapist for the way I dealt with it. It felt really good to hear that considering how down I've been.
    Wow, that does sound really stressful. I think it takes a special kind of person to do your job.

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    That is tough. So are you just looking at centers or have you considered being a nanny of sorts?
    I'm just looking at daycare centers. There are almost no nanny jobs around.


  4. #8794
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    I confess that DH has been giving me the silent treatment since last night, over the silliest little thing. The sad thing is that this isn't really unusual behaviour for him. I'm constantly walking on eggshells around him. Yuck.


  5. #8795

    Default

    Yes, we plan on finding out. And Gwenero, wow, good for you for having the patience and compassion to help that little person through whatever would give him such a hard time.

    MammaMia, that stinks. My DH is like that intermittently, when he's having troubles with his family. He gets super-sensitive and I feel like I can't say anything without upsetting him. But that's rare. If I had to deal with it constantly, I would go batty.



  6. #8796

    Default

    I confess people need to learn how to use effing 4 way stop signs. If I stop first, I get to go through first. You can't try to roll through and then beep at me because I started going before you even got to your stop sign.

    I confess this quiche that a local farm makes is so good I could probably eat a whole one in one day.

  7. #8797

    Default

    status of a Fb friend . . . .
    looks like most of the bulbs i "planted" (threw into the ground hoping for survival of the fittest) are actually popping up this spring!
    And I commented "OOOH, Gardening via the Darwin method. I could do that!"
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  8. #8798
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    status of a Fb friend . . . .


    And I commented "OOOH, Gardening via the Darwin method. I could do that!"
    awesome!!

    I remember the old bulbs my mom planted eventually came up to the top of the ground after many years. Flowers still come up every year there. It's amazing.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  9. #8799

    Default

    Bulbs are incredibly forgiving.



  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post

    And I commented "OOOH, Gardening via the Darwin method. I could do that!"
    giggle


    I confess my sister flys in tomorrow!!

  11. #8801

    Default

    I confess it is excruciating waiting for my dad to call and tell me what happened at my mom's appt today. They were making a big decision regarding her treatment.

  12. #8802

    Default

    I confess I must pick Lydia's brain. Oh Lydia!!!!

    OK, your pics turn our so great (awesome lighting) cause you said you use a separate flash and bounce it off ceiling, walls, etc. I was browsing flashes at a local store a few weeks ago.

    They had 3 flashes that fit in the hot shoe. One only moved up and down, the other two moved both up and down (at any angle from 90 to 180 degrees) and side to side.

    Is your flash the hot shoe type that moves one or both directions, or are we talking a separate flash connected by just a cable to the camera?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  13. #8803
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    Any news, Bridget??


  14. #8804
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Bridget, stalking this thread for news.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  15. #8805

    Default

    Thanks ladies.
    She took her chemo today because as it turns out, the burnt skin may be more cancer so her oncologist feels that by taking too much time off the chemo, it will continue to grow. I can't remember if I said that she has this huge patch of burnt skin where her breast cancer was and they originally thought it was something called radiation recall. Basically, her body was reacting to the chemo by re-burning. So freaky. So she wanted to stop the chemo, as the pain of these burns is almost unbearable. But now they are saying it's actually the cancer coming back.
    It was a different chemo, so a whole new set of side effects. She is in so much pain right now from her burnt skin that they have her on morphine pills. She is still working which just blows me away. And the clinical trial drug is up in the air now because they want all prior drugs out of her system before she starts that and at this point they are not comfortable letting her go that long without treatment.
    So more waiting and hoping. It seems that's all that's left to do.
    Thanks for caring. You all are so supportive and I really appreciate it.

  16. #8806
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  17. #8807
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,694

    Default

    Oh Bridget I'm sorry that it wasn't good news and your family is having to go through this. Maybe this different chemo will knock it out.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  18. #8808
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Thanks ladies.
    She took her chemo today because as it turns out, the burnt skin may be more cancer so her oncologist feels that by taking too much time off the chemo, it will continue to grow. I can't remember if I said that she has this huge patch of burnt skin where her breast cancer was and they originally thought it was something called radiation recall. Basically, her body was reacting to the chemo by re-burning. So freaky. So she wanted to stop the chemo, as the pain of these burns is almost unbearable. But now they are saying it's actually the cancer coming back.
    It was a different chemo, so a whole new set of side effects. She is in so much pain right now from her burnt skin that they have her on morphine pills. She is still working which just blows me away. And the clinical trial drug is up in the air now because they want all prior drugs out of her system before she starts that and at this point they are not comfortable letting her go that long without treatment.
    So more waiting and hoping. It seems that's all that's left to do.
    Thanks for caring. You all are so supportive and I really appreciate it.
    Big
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  19. #8809
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    I'm so sorry, B. I hope the different chemo helps.

  20. #8810

    Default

    Oh, Bridget. I'm sorry.



  21. #8811

    Default

    Oh no Bridget, I'm so sorry. I was just stopping in for a sec to see what is up, and I'm so sorry to see that news.

    It makes me miss you all even more. I hope I have time to come and spend with my friends here soon.
    Norah! (3 yr)

  22. #8812

    Default

    Hugs Bridget, keep us posted.

  23. #8813
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,515

    Default

    Oh Bridget, I wish you had gotten better news today. I'm really sorry.


    --------------------

    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I must pick Lydia's brain. Oh Lydia!!!!

    OK, your pics turn our so great (awesome lighting) cause you said you use a separate flash and bounce it off ceiling, walls, etc. I was browsing flashes at a local store a few weeks ago.

    They had 3 flashes that fit in the hot shoe. One only moved up and down, the other two moved both up and down (at any angle from 90 to 180 degrees) and side to side.

    Is your flash the hot shoe type that moves one or both directions, or are we talking a separate flash connected by just a cable to the camera?
    The flash I have connects to the top of the camera and can be pointed different directions. I used to use dh's, because he has a lot of really great equipment and doesn't use it very often. He has a Canon Speedlite 580EX. That one points in all different directions and can be easily adjusted to flash brighter or dimmer. Some of the pictures I have that are very bright and look like natural afternoon light are from turning the flash up higher and bouncing it off the wall. When dh was in India, he took his flash with him and the weather wasn't good enough to go outside very often, so I got desperate and bought the 270EX model. It is much smaller, way more portable, but only aims up and down (not side to side) and can't be adjusted for brightness. I've found it still works really well. My regular camera cannot take good pictures indoors or in dim light, and this small, less expensive flash makes everything better. However, I can't get that extra-bright glow with this one, or direct the light to one side or another. Still, it works well enough that I can't see using dh's flash again unless I'm actually trying to do a serious home photo session, with drapes and props and stuff.

    --------------------

    Maggie, we've been missing you too. Can't wait until you get your thesis done and can come back and hang out more.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 03-10-2010 at 11:46 PM.


  24. #8814
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    Oh no Bridget, I'm truly sorry. I sending all my positive thoughts your way.


  25. #8815

    Default

    Thank you Lydia.

    Bridget, I'm so sorry. I wish I could transport myself to your house just to wrap my arms around you and give a big long hug.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008



  26. #8816

    Default

    Bridget, I am so sorry about your mom . I hope this chemo works
    Big big hugs to you

    (Hope you guys don't mind me butting in!)
    Dani (6) and Chris (4)

  27. #8817
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    'Course not Claudia!


  28. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    'Course not Claudia!
    THIS! We you claudia! (or at least I do.. lol)

  29. #8819
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    I confess I called in sick today. I just didn't want to go.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  30. #8820
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess I called in sick today. I just didn't want to go.
    Sometimes you just have to play hooky. Enjoy your day off!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •