Page 294 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1942442842922932942952963043443947941294 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,820 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I never had dreams about my delivery or my children during my pregnancies. I had loads of dreams about smoking cigarettes. I never craved them during the day but I would always have dreams of myself taking exquisite drags off of a cigarette.
    lol.. I did too!!

But I did have a dream while pregnant with Audri that she was a boy, and that she looked identical to MrsJS's Eammon

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I'm feeling really discouraged looking for a job at a daycare centre. I haven't seen a suitable position advertised in weeks. I don't know whether I should try to hold out a bit longer, or just get a job wherever until something better comes along.

I just hate the idea of starting a job, knowing I'm not planning to stay.
    That is tough. So are you just looking at centers or have you considered being a nanny of sorts?

I never had dreams about my delivery or my children during my pregnancies. I had loads of dreams about smoking cigarettes. I never craved them during the day but I would always have dreams of myself taking exquisite drags off of a cigarette.
    That reminds me, I also had tons of smoking dreams while pregnant. Which wouldn't be weird, except for the fact that I was never a smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Lydia, I really don't care either way. On one hand I figure this is my last baby, it would be nice to be mom to a girl, too, in this lifetime. The other hand says I love being mom to a boy and wouldn't two sons be so fun? So no, no opinion really.

I'm convinced that my dreams are biologically-based. My gender dreams always occur right at the same time, when the "boy genes" kick in and start changing the biological structure of the fetus. And with the other dreams, well, there's biological basis for those, too... DH has always been wrong about gender
    Are you planning find out the sex? (Before birth, that is )

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Stash, that's freaky about your dreams but I could see that hormones might be a factor. Now I'm really curious if you're having a boy.

I confess I'm feeling depressed about DH being gone and I kind of picked a fight with him on the phone tonight. He sent me a very apologetic email now I feel bad about it. It was a rough day, including 20 minutes on the floor with a 9 year old who was wailing like an infant the whole time. Seriously, my co-worker told me later she thought there was a 6 month old baby in my office and came out to hear what was happening. She told me I was an excellent therapist for the way I dealt with it. It felt really good to hear that considering how down I've been.
    Wow, that does sound really stressful. I think it takes a special kind of person to do your job.

That is tough. So are you just looking at centers or have you considered being a nanny of sorts?
    I'm just looking at daycare centers. There are almost no nanny jobs around.

I confess that DH has been giving me the silent treatment since last night, over the silliest little thing. The sad thing is that this isn't really unusual behaviour for him. I'm constantly walking on eggshells around him. Yuck.

Yes, we plan on finding out. And Gwenero, wow, good for you for having the patience and compassion to help that little person through whatever would give him such a hard time.

MammaMia, that stinks. My DH is like that intermittently, when he's having troubles with his family. He gets super-sensitive and I feel like I can't say anything without upsetting him. But that's rare. If I had to deal with it constantly, I would go batty.

I confess people need to learn how to use effing 4 way stop signs. If I stop first, I get to go through first. You can't try to roll through and then beep at me because I started going before you even got to your stop sign.

I confess this quiche that a local farm makes is so good I could probably eat a whole one in one day.

status of a Fb friend . . . .
    looks like most of the bulbs i "planted" (threw into the ground hoping for survival of the fittest) are actually popping up this spring!
    And I commented "OOOH, Gardening via the Darwin method. I could do that!"
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    status of a Fb friend . . . .

awesome!!

I remember the old bulbs my mom planted eventually came up to the top of the ground after many years. Flowers still come up every year there. It's amazing.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Bulbs are incredibly forgiving.

10. Default

giggle

I confess my sister flys in tomorrow!!

I confess it is excruciating waiting for my dad to call and tell me what happened at my mom's appt today. They were making a big decision regarding her treatment.

I confess I must pick Lydia's brain. Oh Lydia!!!!

OK, your pics turn our so great (awesome lighting) cause you said you use a separate flash and bounce it off ceiling, walls, etc. I was browsing flashes at a local store a few weeks ago.

They had 3 flashes that fit in the hot shoe. One only moved up and down, the other two moved both up and down (at any angle from 90 to 180 degrees) and side to side.

Is your flash the hot shoe type that moves one or both directions, or are we talking a separate flash connected by just a cable to the camera?

Any news, Bridget??

Bridget, stalking this thread for news.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Thanks ladies.
    She took her chemo today because as it turns out, the burnt skin may be more cancer so her oncologist feels that by taking too much time off the chemo, it will continue to grow. I can't remember if I said that she has this huge patch of burnt skin where her breast cancer was and they originally thought it was something called radiation recall. Basically, her body was reacting to the chemo by re-burning. So freaky. So she wanted to stop the chemo, as the pain of these burns is almost unbearable. But now they are saying it's actually the cancer coming back.
    It was a different chemo, so a whole new set of side effects. She is in so much pain right now from her burnt skin that they have her on morphine pills. She is still working which just blows me away. And the clinical trial drug is up in the air now because they want all prior drugs out of her system before she starts that and at this point they are not comfortable letting her go that long without treatment.
    So more waiting and hoping. It seems that's all that's left to do.
    Thanks for caring. You all are so supportive and I really appreciate it.

Oh Bridget I'm sorry that it wasn't good news and your family is having to go through this. Maybe this different chemo will knock it out.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thanks ladies.
    She took her chemo today because as it turns out, the burnt skin may be more cancer so her oncologist feels that by taking too much time off the chemo, it will continue to grow. I can't remember if I said that she has this huge patch of burnt skin where her breast cancer was and they originally thought it was something called radiation recall. Basically, her body was reacting to the chemo by re-burning. So freaky. So she wanted to stop the chemo, as the pain of these burns is almost unbearable. But now they are saying it's actually the cancer coming back.
    It was a different chemo, so a whole new set of side effects. She is in so much pain right now from her burnt skin that they have her on morphine pills. She is still working which just blows me away. And the clinical trial drug is up in the air now because they want all prior drugs out of her system before she starts that and at this point they are not comfortable letting her go that long without treatment.
    So more waiting and hoping. It seems that's all that's left to do.
    Thanks for caring. You all are so supportive and I really appreciate it.
    Big
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

shutterbird Guest

I'm so sorry, B. I hope the different chemo helps.

Oh, Bridget. I'm sorry.

Oh no Bridget, I'm so sorry. I was just stopping in for a sec to see what is up, and I'm so sorry to see that news.

It makes me miss you all even more. I hope I have time to come and spend with my friends here soon.
    Norah! (3 yr)

Hugs Bridget, keep us posted.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Oh Bridget, I wish you had gotten better news today. I'm really sorry.

--------------------

I confess I must pick Lydia's brain. Oh Lydia!!!!

OK, your pics turn our so great (awesome lighting) cause you said you use a separate flash and bounce it off ceiling, walls, etc. I was browsing flashes at a local store a few weeks ago.

They had 3 flashes that fit in the hot shoe. One only moved up and down, the other two moved both up and down (at any angle from 90 to 180 degrees) and side to side.

Is your flash the hot shoe type that moves one or both directions, or are we talking a separate flash connected by just a cable to the camera?
    The flash I have connects to the top of the camera and can be pointed different directions. I used to use dh's, because he has a lot of really great equipment and doesn't use it very often. He has a Canon Speedlite 580EX. That one points in all different directions and can be easily adjusted to flash brighter or dimmer. Some of the pictures I have that are very bright and look like natural afternoon light are from turning the flash up higher and bouncing it off the wall. When dh was in India, he took his flash with him and the weather wasn't good enough to go outside very often, so I got desperate and bought the 270EX model. It is much smaller, way more portable, but only aims up and down (not side to side) and can't be adjusted for brightness. I've found it still works really well. My regular camera cannot take good pictures indoors or in dim light, and this small, less expensive flash makes everything better. However, I can't get that extra-bright glow with this one, or direct the light to one side or another. Still, it works well enough that I can't see using dh's flash again unless I'm actually trying to do a serious home photo session, with drapes and props and stuff.

--------------------

Maggie, we've been missing you too. Can't wait until you get your thesis done and can come back and hang out more.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 03-10-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Oh no Bridget, I'm truly sorry. I sending all my positive thoughts your way.

Thank you Lydia.

Bridget, I'm so sorry. I wish I could transport myself to your house just to wrap my arms around you and give a big long hug.

Bridget, I am so sorry about your mom . I hope this chemo works
    Big big hugs to you

(Hope you guys don't mind me butting in!)
    Dani (6) and Chris (4)

'Course not Claudia!

28. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    'Course not Claudia!
    THIS! We you claudia! (or at least I do.. lol)

I confess I called in sick today. I just didn't want to go.

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess I called in sick today. I just didn't want to go.
    Sometimes you just have to play hooky. Enjoy your day off!