Page 290 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1902402802882892902912923003403907901290 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,700 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #8671
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    This is the funniest video ever! If you get a second, check it out. I laugh every time I watch it!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhlUVyDBusg
    Love it!


  2. #8672
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    I confess that I just cut off about 5 inches of my hair. I've made an appointment for tomorrow morning to have it cut properly.


  3. #8673
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I just cut off about 5 inches of my hair. I've made an appointment for tomorrow morning to have it cut properly.

    Before and after pictures? I love having my hair cut that much...feels very liberating the first few days. Perfect thing to do with the approach of spring
    Just Midge

  4. #8674
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I just cut off about 5 inches of my hair. I've made an appointment for tomorrow morning to have it cut properly.
    OMG, you did that yourself?

    I can't even trim my own bangs! LOL

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  5. #8675
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    Yeah, I did it myself. I often have this urge to cut my hair while PMSing. I have no idea why.

    I'll ask them to cut some layers/texture into it tomorrow, and I'll try to post pics.


  6. #8676
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    i confess that im one-handed typing in the middle of the worst bloody nose ever, ugh
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  7. #8677
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,672

    Default

    Score one for me!!!

    My sister just got back from the doctor and I told her to ask about taking metformin. The NP actually thought that was a GREAT idea and sister left with a script for it.
    I think that my sister thought I was nuts when I told her I thought she needed it.
    I'm pretty positive she has PCOS....like 99.5% sure she does.


    I go in next Friday and am going to try to get it for myself. I think that there is a chance I might have PCOS but I'm not so textbook like my sister.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  8. #8678
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    What are your symptoms Jennifer?

    I was thinking about asking about it too, just too lazy to make the appt.


  9. Default

    I confess my legs are sore - like VERY sore.. as if I had been doing lunges for 4 straight hours sore... - and I can't figure out why!

  10. #8680
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    19,097

    Default

    So....I confess that I think my high school students have a plot to try to convert me. At least the girls do. We had some "free time" today since we had a double period, and they asked if I would show a video that they had watched in Islamic Studies class. And that it was how Islam/Allah can be "proven" by science. Okay, whatever. I showed it. Here it is for anyone who wants to see it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9g22CCYmBw

    I could not say anything about what I really thought....that was the hardest part.
    Last edited by Jenny; 03-04-2010 at 01:05 PM.





  11. #8681

    Default

    I confess that I just spent two hours out playing in mud puddles and rivers in the driveway and walked the creek with Oscar instead of working.



  12. #8682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess that I just spent two hours out playing in mud puddles and rivers in the driveway and walked the creek with Oscar instead of working.
    Sounds totally lovely.

  13. #8683
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,433

    Default

    Ugh, Jenny, that's not cool. And not cool you can't say what you really want to say. The Jehovah's witnesses kept coming around to our house last year and I finally just had to say something like, "look, you're not going to convince me of anything, I don't want to hear it, thanks any way, but you are wasting my time." I haven't seen them since.

  14. #8684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Ugh, Jenny, that's not cool. And not cool you can't say what you really want to say. The Jehovah's witnesses kept coming around to our house last year and I finally just had to say something like, "look, you're not going to convince me of anything, I don't want to hear it, thanks any way, but you are wasting my time." I haven't seen them since.
    I used to get snuck up on by Jehovah witnesses when I lived in Hawaii. They would do a sneak attack in the park, disguising themselves a cute little old aunties that just wanted to say hi to the kids and then slowly they'd reach in their purse and pull out the literature. It's hard to be rude to old ladies but they're such pushers.
    I had 2 teenagers that started walking along with me and the kids while I we were out one day and I thought they were just being friendly until one asked me if I thought I was going to heaven and I was like, "Nope, not likely!" and did a quick u-turn with the stroller and said, "Bye now!"

  15. #8685

    Default

    Jenny, did you have to play the video? I think I'd nicely inform the girls that the place for videos that are religious in nature is in their religious studies class, and leave it at that.



  16. #8686

    Default

    I had some JW's come to my door and try to talk to me. I just told them "No thank you, I don't believe in God." They had no response at all to that - there was simply nothing in their little sales book that they could turn around.

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I used to get snuck up on by Jehovah witnesses when I lived in Hawaii. They would do a sneak attack in the park, disguising themselves a cute little old aunties that just wanted to say hi to the kids and then slowly they'd reach in their purse and pull out the literature. It's hard to be rude to old ladies but they're such pushers.
    I had 2 teenagers that started walking along with me and the kids while I we were out one day and I thought they were just being friendly until one asked me if I thought I was going to heaven and I was like, "Nope, not likely!" and did a quick u-turn with the stroller and said, "Bye now!"

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  17. Default

    I confess everytime someone mentions JW, a certain scene from the movie Orgasmo plays in my mind! lol

  18. #8688
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Someone just dropped a house on my sister!
    Posts
    21,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess everytime someone mentions JW, a certain scene from the movie Orgasmo plays in my mind! lol
    LMAO! YES!!!

  19. #8689
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    I just had a parent-teacher meeting at Mia's daycare, and they raved about what an incredibly kind, smart, gentle, happy girl she is. I'm so proud of her.


  20. #8690

    Default

    Lydia? Did I hear that you have a pair of mod panties now? (well, a few pairs, hopefully)

  21. #8691
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    19,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Jenny, did you have to play the video? I think I'd nicely inform the girls that the place for videos that are religious in nature is in their religious studies class, and leave it at that.

    I didn't have to, but I was curious. Lesson learned. I won't be doing that again.





  22. #8692

    Default

    Jenny, I think it's safe to say that your soul is being prayed for every day by lots of people.
    I confess, poor Kai. The anti-b's are giving him loose stools. Not horrible, but he has just started to wear underwear. He is usually the most regular little dude ever. I'm talking almost the same time of day, every day, once a day. So he's rushing to the potty a few times a day now and sometimes not making it. Last night he's sitting there and he says, "Mommy, I don't know why my butt is doing this. It's not supposed to be doing this."

  23. #8693

    Default

    Aww, poor bub. Hope it's all better soon.

  24. #8694

    Default

    Aww poor Kai! I hope he's better soon! Remind me how old he is now?

  25. #8695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Aww poor Kai! I hope he's better soon! Remind me how old he is now?
    He'll be 3 in June

  26. #8696

    Default

    Wow good for him! I think it's very mature of him to understand how his body is supposed to work.
    On the other hand Josh just peed all over the floor LOL. I just took him about 15 minutes ago.
    He's doing great though. He stayed dry all day yesterday. Now we just have to work on him realizing when he has to go.

  27. #8697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Wow good for him! I think it's very mature of him to understand how his body is supposed to work.
    On the other hand Josh just peed all over the floor LOL. I just took him about 15 minutes ago.
    He's doing great though. He stayed dry all day yesterday. Now we just have to work on him realizing when he has to go.
    Go Josh! I sold all my cloth diapers yesterday. What a GREAT feeling that was!
    Yes, Kai is a really smart little guy. I'm not just saying that because he's my kid. He really understands a lot of things that I you'd never imagine he'd be old enough to understand. I often under estimate his abilities. In so many ways he is developmentally right with Savana and she's 20 months older.

  28. #8698
    shutterbird Guest

    Default

    Vatican Hit by Gay Sex Scandle

    Gay! Sex scandal! Gasp!

  29. #8699
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    I confess that we're having another date night tonight, second weekend in a row.

    We're going to the restaurant we didn't go to on Valentine's Day and then to see Avatar.

    I figured Jimi would want to see Alice in Wonderland but he decided he wants to see Avatar while it's still in theaters and then see Alice later.

    I confess that there will be no alcohol involved this time since last weekend Jimi drunkenly decided to get out of my moving vehicle as I was driving 50mph so he could go pee.

    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  30. #8700
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Vatican Hit by Gay Sex Scandle

    Gay! Sex scandal! Gasp!
    It's probably not nice of me that I find this funny.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •