Page 279 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269277278279280281 289 329 379 779 1279 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,370 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Oh, Josh is into pirates--and I found this potty book about pirates going potty. It is really cute! Complete with little songs and pirate speak songs you're supposed to say when you go potty, and a little cutout pirate hat with reward stickers to put on it. I read the book to him and Josh wanted to use the big potty upstairs. Well Josh marched right in there and said "Arg! Ahoy, toilet!" It was just too funny. We both just burst out laughing. He liked my reaction, and spent the next few minutes saying "Ahoy" to everything he could see.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Doritos are soooo good.

That reminds me - I had a greasy hamburger and chips with this MSG salt on them. I felt like crap afterwards, but it was so delicious that it was totally worth it.
    MSG salt? It sounds like I could get totally addicted to that. LOL

I confess that anyone looking at my facebook groups would probably think I was gay. Which is half true, but still kind of funny. I have a gay friend who keeps inviting me to join everything.

I confess I'm now craving Doritos . . . wonder if the vending machine outside my office has them stocked. That's not something I usually crave.

I confess my imagination went wild yesterday and I thought DH had killed Liam by suffocation while bedsharing for a nap. Liam napped yesterday for THREE HOURS TWENTY MINUTES. The first hour fifteen was on my lap on the boppy and then Jonathan took him into the bedroom so he could nap too. I was in bed last night from 9:45 pm to 8:40 am with Liam and my back hurt, so I did not want to lay down, but Jonathan didn't come to bed until 1:30 am.

I actually peeked in on them to make sure L was still breathing. He's almost 18 months old. Do you ever stop worrying about your kids suddenly dying?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I'm now craving Doritos . . . wonder if the vending machine outside my office has them stocked. That's not something I usually crave.

I confess my imagination went wild yesterday and I thought DH had killed Liam by suffocation while bedsharing for a nap. Liam napped yesterday for THREE HOURS TWENTY MINUTES. The first hour fifteen was on my lap on the boppy and then Jonathan took him into the bedroom so he could nap too. I was in bed last night from 9:45 pm to 8:40 am with Liam and my back hurt, so I did not want to lay down, but Jonathan didn't come to bed until 1:30 am.

I actually peeked in on them to make sure L was still breathing. He's almost 18 months old. Do you ever stop worrying about your kids suddenly dying?
    It has gotten less for me, but it's still something I fear.

Nope. I checked to see whether Mia was breathing just yesterday.

I checked on M about 5 times today because she took a 3 hour nap.

Look at this! An illustration from a 15th century illuminated manuscript (The Hours of Catherine Cleves c. 1440) showing Mary, Joseph and little baby Jesus in a golden walker! I thought it was funny to see.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

OMG that picture is hilarious. Baby Jesus in a golden walker LOL!!!

Erin

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I check on the twins probably 4-5 times a night.

shutterbird Guest

That picture is hilarious!

I confess I have a pretty gnarly toothache and DH, after coming home, said that he'd happily chew my food for me, if needed. I really needed that laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    That picture is hilarious!

I confess I have a pretty gnarly toothache and DH, after coming home, said that he'd happily chew my food for me, if needed. I really needed that laugh.
    Now that is true love!
    I check my kids several times a night. Especially because they normally wake up at some point and come into my room. When they don't, my sleep is restless and I wonder where they are.
    I confess, get this, ladies. I swear, you all are going to start thinking I'm making this stuff up. I woke up at 2am to the dog barking and bright snowmobile lights shining in our bedroom window. Our bedroom window faces the frozen lake where people snowmobile all of the time. This snowmobile was in my yard coming toward the house! I looked over and dbf was not in bed. I started running through the house in a total panic, yelling his name. When I get to the kitchen, I see dbf on the deck. I see his friend get off the snowmobile and fall down. Then he's coming up the deck steps and falls again. I open the door and ask what's going on. Dbf says, "I'll handle it."
    So clearly this guy is wasted out of his mind. I said, "He is not coming in the house." Dbf drove him home. I am so livid! This guy is building our closet and he does amazing beautiful work but why is he showing up at my house in the middle of the night drunk? And operating a motor vehicle? IN MY YARD?
    This guy is supposed to come over today to work on the closet and if he drags his hungover self here, I don't care what dbf says or thinks, he is going to hear a thing or two from me. He cannot be bringing his dangerous, irresponsible behavior onto my property.
    You guys are probably sick to death of hearing me but i'm glad I can vent here. It helps me a lot. I'm off to prepare my pancake batter for the daycare. Can I just say I am SO thankful for my daycare. It's my little peace haven down here. I'm so lucky to have it and all the little charges that come and remind me of how wonderful life is.

I'm not sick of hearing about anything, Bridget! I can relate to a lot of things you're going through, although no drunk friends, thank goodness. I like hearing your stories about the kids, and day care.

14. Default

Bridget.. You're BF and his friends are real pieces of work... You are a "saint" for putting up with their crap (ok, so from what you've written you don't really put up with it... you speak your mind, and for that -- Good for you!) But I agree with the other ladies that have said you deserve so much better.

15. Default

speaking of pieces of work....

I confess last month I got a whole $20 of child support. and only because I used the debit card to B's account to buy diapers.

Well my friend Amanda sent me a text yesterday saying "OMG, LOOK WHAT B GOT!" and then a picture of a puppy.

He got a freakin puppy, and he can't even take care of his kids?! I was LIVID, and unfortunately was at work so I couldn't really go scream like I had wanted to.

Thank you all - knowing it's "normal" to check on your sleeping kids makes me feel better.

Saint Brigid, you are an awesome and strong woman. To have the night you did and then to find a haven in making pancakes for your daycare kids speaks volumes on the kind of person you are.

Ashley - Should Jonathan and I hunt down B and injure him for you? That sucks. You could always stock up on diapers for the longterm future with his debit card, before he decides to cancel it on you. I know. I'm evil.

Why is there no devil smiley available? There are two angels, but no devil.

Bridget, I would've been so pissed!

Ashley, I would use that debit card to buy everything you need for the YEAR. Jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Ashley, I would use that debit card to buy everything you need for the YEAR. Jerk.
    Yay! My evil sister!

I love it.

Oh baby!

I confess I just got back from the Dr. I took care of everything I had to, and they're going to refer me to someone to help me out with the sex problems.

Honestly when I do this stuff, I wonder why I wait so long. I think I'm ashamed of what the doctors will think of me. But they must see some pretty crazy stuff. So why do I care?

Ah Bridget, I just got around to reading this stuff and I'm sorry things are so difficult for you right now. Big hugs, mama.

23. Default

I totally would... if there was money on it....I dont want to make his account negative cause BOA charges buttloads of fees, and when he has to pay those, then he has even less money to send to me.. (if he were to ever send some)

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Ah Bridget, I just got around to reading this stuff and I'm sorry things are so difficult for you right now. Big hugs, mama.
    Thanks
    Ashley! I really can't believe B is being this way! Was he always so selfish or is it only since the break up? Maybe I'm just having a brain fart but I don't recall you complaining about him too much before. Ugh. How terrible. I look at that picture in your siggy and cannot fathom how he couldn't just want to do everything and anything for those two beautiful little girls.

I confess someone brought homemade Red Velvet cake to work today and left it in the lounge to share. I had a piece after lunch, then later this afternoon I filled out a piece of irritating paperwork JUST so I could walk down to the mailbox and get another piece of cake on the way back. And I did. And it was good. And now I feel like a total pig.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess someone brought homemade Red Velvet cake to work today and left it in the lounge to share. I had a piece after lunch, then later this afternoon I filled out a piece of irritating paperwork JUST so I could walk down to the mailbox and get another piece of cake on the way back. And I did. And it was good. And now I feel like a total pig.
    I would totally do the same.

Come to think of it, I've never had red velvet cake and I'm not entirely sure what it is.

Where's Maggie? I haven't seen her on in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I would totally do the same.

Come to think of it, I've never had red velvet cake and I'm not entirely sure what it is.

Where's Maggie? I haven't seen her on in ages.
    I can't describe it, but it's really good. It's chocolate based but doesn't taste like chocolate cake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_velvet_cake

I was wondering where Maggie was, too.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I could seriously live without hearing the words "but" or "no" ever again...LOL
    The defiance is killing me. I asked him not to put his toys in the laundry basket and he just looked at me blankly. I said "Please say 'okay mommy I won't'" and he looked at me, said "no" and ran off" Ooooh...

Sarah, red velvet is amazing. With cream cheese frosting! Nom nom.

I'm having a super duper fat day.

Sarah, red velvet is amazing. With cream cheese frosting! Nom nom.

I'm having a super duper fat day.
    Me too! Fat week, actually. LOL