Page 276 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266274275276277278 286 326 376 776 1276 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,280 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Wait a minute...there is no way Oso is Jack Black...Josh is listening to it right now!
    I know he has been on Yo Gabba Gabba though.
    Sorry about the medicine troubles Sarah
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Sean Astin (from Goonies) is the voice of Special Agent Oso.

Hugs Lydia. You are a strong woman and such a supportive wife.
    huh.... I could have sworn I saw an interview where he said he was doing the voice of Oso... Maybe he guest starred on an episode like he did on Yo Gabba Gabba

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    huh.... I could have sworn I saw an interview where he said he was doing the voice of Oso... Maybe he guest starred on an episode like he did on Yo Gabba Gabba
    I do not know who Oso is or what Yo Gabba Gabba is....can tell I haven't been hanging around too many little kids these days. Back when I was it was all about Little Bear, Barney, Bob the Builder, Blue's Clues and Franklin.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I was wondering if we got a different Oso cause he didn't sound like Jack Black to me either. On a lot of the Disney shows over here, they have changed the voices to British acccents except for Handy Manny, Oso and Mickey Mouse. Little Einsteins are all posh BBC kids, that kid on "Can you teach my alligator" is a Londoner, and Darby on Tigger and Poo is a posh English kid, too. LOL.

4. Default

Does Jack Black have kids? Maybe he was saying that his kid likes Oso??

Yep, I'm pretty sure he has 2 kids.

6. Default

ok... Thats probably what it was, and I was just remembering Oso and Jack Black...

Sean Astin (from Goonies) is the voice of Special Agent Oso.

Aww, Samwise from the LOTR trilogy!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Aww, Samwise from the LOTR trilogy!
    Ahhh....right!! I forgot about that more recent role.

We just watched the first one again a couple nights ago, that's why it was fresh in my mind!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Sarah, I'm sorry Mia isn't taking her medicine well. I felt very fortunate that Claire did well when she had her ear infection, and that was only a week. The few times I've give Ro Ibuprofen, he has gagged on it. Meanwhile, Claire asks for it every time she falls down because she loves it so much.

Maybe when she feels a little better, it won't be so much of a struggle to get her to take it, or to eat food with it mixed in.

DH emailed me from Dubai this morning at 8 AM on his layover. He offered to bring me back a camel milk chocolate bar. Poor guy forgot to pack his sleeping pill, so he was awake all night long on that flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    DH emailed me from Dubai this morning at 8 AM on his layover. He offered to bring me back a camel milk chocolate bar. Poor guy forgot to pack his sleeping pill, so he was awake all night long on that flight.
    Poor guy!

Are you going to try the chocolate bar?
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Poor guy!

Are you going to try the chocolate bar?
    Ew, no. I'm normally a pretty adventurous eater, but I don't particularly like chocolate and the thought just temporarily turned my stomach. I have been having a lot of food aversions and nausea this pregnancy.

I read it as "caramel milk chocolate bar"...duh.

I'm so bummed I keep missing the figure skating. Argh!

Lydia, for some reason I would have though you would try it! I can totally understand why you didn't, though.

MammaMia, that's what DVRs are for! Do they have them where you live?
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yes, caramel sounds much better than camel as an ingredient in a chocolate bar!

I confess my dh is sooo bad about getting his pictures off his camera and onto the computer. He finally transferred some pictures right before he left for his trip so he could take a bunch there. There are pictures from Mexico that I'd never seen! Unfortunately, the only pictures he took of people were on the day Claire had her horrible meltdown, so there are a bunch of crying pictures. I changed my siggy picture in honor of my discovery, but these are from early November.

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Ahhh....right!! I forgot about that more recent role.
    or the most important- Encino Man! (totally joking)

So a friend of mine posted something in her FB status about how "He" (I'm assuming God since she capitalized the "he" and always talks about religion) gives her butterflies every time she thinks about him. I was so tempted to write "that's not butterflies, it's indigestion."

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    or the most important- Encino Man! (totally joking)

So a friend of mine posted something in her FB status about how "He" (I'm assuming God since she capitalized the "he" and always talks about religion) gives her butterflies every time she thinks about him. I was so tempted to write "that's not butterflies, it's indigestion."
    OMG... I nearly peed myself laughing!!

I confess I got to stick my teacher tonight and was somewhat disappointed that I didn't hurt her! lol... Yet proud at the same time, because she said she didn't feel it at all...

I was just reading through a list of funniest/dumbest things people have seen on resumes. Someone wrote that his brother listed "Time Magazine's Person of the Year in 2006" under accomplishments.

That was the year the cover was a mirror and the Person of the Year was YOU. Bwahaha. I am seriously considering adding that to my resume.

Lydia, I was wondering why you didn't want the chocolate because I read it as a chocolate bar shaped like a camel...lol..didn't realize the camel was IN the chocolate! Eeeew!

They were showing Chinese people on the news last night and talking about how there is a movement of people who are keeping dogs as pets only and not eating them...it made me laugh.

I confess that the parent that asked me about converting and feeling "sorry" for me came and gave me a hug today and apologized. She said she was just trying to make small talk with me b/c they were all speaking Arabic around me and Islam tries to include all people so she didn't want me to feel excluded b/c they were speaking in a language that I don't understand. I thanked her for apologizing and we went on our merry way.

I confess that the parent that asked me about converting and feeling "sorry" for me came and gave me a hug today and apologized. She said she was just trying to make small talk with me b/c they were all speaking Arabic around me and Islam tries to include all people so she didn't want me to feel excluded b/c they were speaking in a language that I don't understand. I thanked her for apologizing and we went on our merry way.
    Oh, that's nice! I think sometimes when people are making small talk, they blurt out silly things without thinking. I know I do.

I confess that I'm sick with a stupid cold and I have friends visiting from overseas tomorrow.

I confess that after more than a week of sickness, our house looks like a bomb hit it. It's seriously disgusting. I hope my friends aren't expecting me to invite them over.

Wow, my post sounds negative. I'm actually in a really good mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I was just reading through a list of funniest/dumbest things people have seen on resumes. Someone wrote that his brother listed "Time Magazine's Person of the Year in 2006" under accomplishments.

That was the year the cover was a mirror and the Person of the Year was YOU. Bwahaha. I am seriously considering adding that to my resume.

That's brilliant!

I joined a women's group on meetup.com a few days ago and last night I went to my first event. They had dinner at a restaurant about 40 minutes from me. It was a bit far to go but worth it. I met some nice ladies. They only meet once or twice a month but maybe I'll make some friendships out of it.

The new couples therapist DH and I have been seeing thinks I'm on the wrong medication. Right now I'm on something for anxiety. She thinks my main issue is just plain ol' depression and when she read off the symptoms I had to agree. She is going to talk to the therapist who prescribes my meds to see if she can get me on something for depression. DH is trying to be extra sweet to me lately, which is nice but in a way I feel bad. I hate feeling broken and like I have to be treated with kid gloves. I told him if he wants to move on and find a normal chick that I'd understand. He told me he didn't want to.

Also, I just made an appt. to see the NP on Tuesday.
    Last edited by daylilies; 02-19-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Someone just called my home and asked me how much it was to rent the movies.

I confess that I have decided to change our sons middle name.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I have decided to change our sons middle name.
    Ooh la la, Janeen. Why is that? I like it either way. My DH is called Richard, goes by Rich, though.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Ooh la la, Janeen. Why is that? I like it either way. My DH is called Richard, goes by Rich, though.
    Eh, Donald would have been after my deceased dad. I thought the tradition in Jimi's family was to name the son James and then use the maternal grandfathers name for the middle name. When I told him I was having second thoughts about the middle name but didn't want to ruin his tradition, he told me that the tradition is actually to name the son James and then honor someone from the moms side by using their name as the middle name. There's only one other James in his family that actually has the maternal grandfathers name as the middle name. Well, my dad has a son (junior) named after him, a grandson (the third) and my niece Sharon Dawn is named after my mom and dad.

I'm 85% sure (it was 75% an hour ago) that I am changing it to James Richard. Richard is two fold, after my baby brother and my 20 year old nephew (my sisters son).

Oh and both the Richards in my family go by Rick. Well my older brother has for years and years since he was really little and when my nephew was pre-teenish he decided he wanted to be like Uncle Rick and have that name too. He's having a harder time getting it to stick though.

I still call the nephew Richard, or Ichy, or Ichard...I called him Butterball for a while haha...and I call my baby brother Icky.
    Last edited by Janeen; 02-19-2010 at 11:39 AM.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I think James Richard sounds nice.